Author Topic: 13th Annual Touhou Project Popularity Contest  (Read 71787 times)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Re: 13th Annual Touhou Project Popularity Contest
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 07:26:50 PM »
Questionnaire results: http://toho-vote.info/result_questionnaire.php
You can also view detailed results on the characters. The comments are...interesting, to say the least. http://toho-vote.info/result_list_character.php
What the heck are those voter comments lmao. So many meme comments or breast comments or character is my goddess comments etc.

Also someone translated the questionnaire portion of the poll on here, so if you want to see that part you can go to this.

The 1cc games thing is interesting, to say the least. There's both a percentage and a number of voters. I will include both here.

Not Cleared
Highest: LoLK (Legacy) - 49.7% (3516)
Lowest: IN - 8.32% (834)

Easy
Highest: SA - 24.18% (2146)
Lowest: MoF - 17% (1601)

Normal
Highest: MoF - 45.76% (4310)
Lowest: LoLK (Legacy) - 20.44% (1446)

Hard
Highest: IN - 15.31% (1535)
Lowest:  LoLK (Legacy) - 5.36% (379)

Lunatic
Highest: IN - 11.05% (1108)
Lowest: UFO - 6.09% (493)

• As expected, the highest percent of people cannot beat LoLK on Legacy. Presumably because there are people who just beat Pointdevice and leave it at that (PD clears are always higher). IN has the lowest percent of people who cannot beat it due to its fairly forgiving mechanics, I'd say.
  • For Easy, my best guess as to why MoF is the lowest is due to it giving a bad ending regardless of what you do. SA highest could also be the fact that many consider the game more difficult on Normal.
  • For Normal, we have MoF highest, for a similar reason above and also because it's a fairly simple one to clear. LoLK Legacy takes the cake for lowest percent of clears, due to Clownpiece etc.
  • For Hard, we have IN highest, which is generally considered easy for a hard mode. LoLK Legacy is once again lowest, and actually the lowest percentage overall!
  • For Lunatic, once again we have IN highest. UFO has the lowest percent here, just like in many years, as people do say it's the toughest game to get a standard lunatic clear in.

Also, why the hell is "games" second lowest on what you like about Touhou. Grrr.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:35:21 PM by Satorical Komeijist »
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »
Also, why the hell is "games" second lowest on what you like about Touhou. Grrr.
Well, the fact that they're really hard may have something to do with it... Or maybe because people thought the question was a "Choose one answer only".
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2017, 09:36:11 PM »
Well, the fact that they're really hard may have something to do with it... Or maybe because people thought the question was a "Choose one answer only".

The games aren't THAT hard, though...really.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
So, do we already have the final votes? Considering everyone and their mother is reposting them and yet they haven't been posted on the wiki.  :V

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »
So, do we already have the final votes? Considering everyone and their mother is reposting them and yet they haven't been posted on the wiki.  :V

Yes. Poll is done.
I don't know why everyone thought the character/music votes weren't complete. They were just compiling the comments and the survey.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2017, 11:52:39 PM »
I also have a hunch that a good portion of the fanbase are also quite anti-gaming, because of the aforementioned difficulty, thus seeing anyone who plays the game as elitists. There are even people who think those who primarily play the games don't even care about characters, story, or lore, which isn't true at all. A lot of my friends who play the games do in fact care for many aspects outside of gaming, they just enjoy playing the Touhou games a lot and have spent quite a bit of time on them.

Like, on someone's LoLK Lunatic 1cc I saw uploaded today (the comment's been deleted now), I see things like this:
TouHUN Project
TouHUN Project 24 minutes ago
You have such a nice fan base. all right i regret everything. It's obvious for me the Touhou project is nothin more than a bulett hell shooter to you all.
The same person who thought "you didn't 1cc the game because you didn't get the Legacy No-Miss ending", despite it being a 1cc, down to the definition.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2017, 01:11:25 AM »
The games aren't THAT hard, though...really.
Said the one who can finish almost all the games in Lunatic...
But really, I think you're right. The games can give you a hard challenge, but the games also help you so you don't lose very fast (Bombs, You can see your hitbox, You can fly slowly, Characters have special abilities, etc).
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2017, 01:23:18 AM »
Said the one who can finish almost all the games in Lunatic...
But really, I think you're right. The games can give you a hard challenge, but the games also help you so you don't lose very fast (Bombs, You can see your hitbox, You can fly slowly, Characters have special abilities, etc).

Hmm, I'm of the opinion that anyone can at least 1cc a game on Normal. It takes some effort for sure, but everyone has the capabilities to do so. And like I said, it's Normal, so the games aren't at their hardest.

I'm always willing to help others, anyway. I love helping peeps with Touhou.

Drake

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2017, 06:06:07 AM »
The link to the 90%-translated results are appreciated. A few of the translations are off but it isn't a big deal.

Regardless I'm probably going to put something together myself as well. Some things like the 1cc clear ratios are better as a stacked measure (if you can 1cc Hard you can 1cc Normal, etc), and graphs are also more readable than numbers for some of them.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »
I'm always willing to help others, anyway. I love helping peeps with Touhou.

I'll gladly ask for your advices, then if you don't mind.^^ Maybe I should create a topic about it, but you'll see where I'm coming at when you'll read me.

Well, that said, I want to talk about Koishi's popularity. I'll just express my opinion, because in touhou, giving a general opinion about a character is somewhat hard, since touhou is a little based on interpretation and that's part of why you get all the fanworks. I think that people like Koishi because she got a sad background while being carefree.(well, technically, she's not even carefree, she's kind of "nothing" since she closed herself from the world and erased her ego) People can relate a little to this kind of character, and when you can relate to a character, it oftenly leads you to appreciate him/her. As for me, I like her because her story is sad, and her attitude in hopeless masquerade totally made me feel more sad for her, even though she was influenced by the mask of hope, from what she said at the end of the extra of SA to Reimu/Marisa, and from the behavior she had in HM, she really felt like she wanted to exist, to open herself, that she was interested in other people. But reading the mind of people made her suffer so much that it's really hard. And even though I haven't gone that far in life, I REALLY can relate to this character, most of any character in touhou. That said, my favorite one is still Parsee since 6 years, even though Koishi is in my top 10.

For a more objective side, I find it hard to understand why she's very appreciated. But Koishi Komeiji's Heart Throbbing adventure is almost finished, the last episode should be coming this year. It probably impacted many people, and while it was kind of messy at the beginning, it developped itself into something very deep and emotional about Koishi's background and story. I will not hide you that KKHTA is something that made me like Koishi's character even more, even though I already liked that girl. What is true for Rumia with Osana Reimu/Reireimu can also be true for Koishi with KKHTA.

That said...being able to stay that high, I also can't explain the reason. Of course being at the top 10 is explainable, but I agree that it's still surprising to see her that high. It's like she's appreciated like a third temporary protagonist in a shooting game.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2017, 02:29:27 PM »
I'll gladly ask for your advices, then if you don't mind.^^ Maybe I should create a topic about it, but you'll see where I'm coming at when you'll read me.

Alright, looking forward to it~ Lemme know anytime.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »
Forgot to vote...Priorities... but I ain't disappointed by Character and Music Sides; nah,it's cool!Special Cool is the "Up" to the TH Series' (and "Touhousque" in Broad Sense)Good Influx and Influence in the ,OUTSIDE(R) AND INSIDE OF IT.... This includes the "Up" to the Competition too either Objectively Nice or Bad(Sigh);,More Good  Than Bad  even if they are both grown.Echoed  Thanks (Kyoukooo!)for the Translation about the Questionnaire/Survey and the Comments( bit of unwinded but still jokingly , going by what a poster here wrote!)
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2017, 04:41:46 AM »
Um, so I just joined and I can't read any Japanese, so for the contest I can't tell if Seija Kijin is one of the characters available for favorite characters, since she's my favorite by a long shot. If anyone can tell me yes or no that would be useful, thank you!

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2017, 05:53:30 AM »
I believe the contest's already long passed, but next time, there should be translations to navigate by. Or, alternatively, you can run a Google Translate tab beside the tab you'll be using to vote. :)
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Drake

« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2017, 06:18:55 AM »
Come on man, I translated the voter questionnaire and even developed a script so that people could have translated names on the fly. What do you even want :c

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2017, 04:00:40 AM »
Come on man, I translated the voter questionnaire and even developed a script so that people could have translated names on the fly. What do you even want :c

I didn't see this sorry lol.

Drake

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2017, 05:08:41 AM »
Actually this is mostly my bad; I thought Papil's post was not in response to anyone, and instead making a suggestion for the next contest as though there wasn't a bunch of work already done to help people vote. But looking at it now they were just responding to your post and saying that when you do get the chance to vote next year there will be that help.

But yes those resources are available and will probably be improved for next year.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
Yup, sorry it wasn't clear.  :)
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
Ok, thanks!