Author Topic: Record Of The First Lunar War (Help Wanted!)  (Read 1858 times)

Record Of The First Lunar War (Help Wanted!)
« on: December 25, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »
Hi everyone, I made this thread in order to try to gather a few people to help me with a bit of a project I've been wanting to take on for a little while now (though to be fair, I'm not sure this is the right board to post this in). In essence, I want to make a fangame RPG or Strategy RPG that would be a retelling of the Lunar War that takes place in 1969 in the Touhou universe. The reason I would rather make (or, help make) a game is because I feel like for a project like this a game is the perfect medium to use -- I could write a fanfic, but I don't feel like it would convey everything I want to.

While I like to think I am a pretty adequate writer, unfortunately I'm none of the other things required for a project like this. I'm no artist, I'm not a programmer (and I can't get RPGMaker stuff to work on my PC anyway, the files won't validate themselves), and while I am a bit of a musician, I don't trust myself to make all the music for a project like this, especially if it's all synthesized. I have a bit of a premise set up and a general idea of how events might go, and I can furnish more details on request, but to summarize, the premise is this. Keep in mind a lot of this still needs to be written a bit more in-depth, especially the characters, but here it is:

The main character, or the 'player' character, would be a Moon Rabbit who was recently drafted into the Lunar Defense Corps. Due to a previous transgression on MC-Chan's part, she's assigned to a penal group full of other moon rabbits who have committed various crimes against the Lunar Capital, some more serious transgressions than others, but for whatever reason they've all ended up in a group together. because this is a retelling, the invasion of the Moon would actually have significant force behind it on the part of Earth -- this would be a significant event with large-scale combat on the part of both the Lunar Capital and Earth. The game would follow our cast of characters around, learning about each character, we'd have a lot of drama, and it would follow the group around and showcase their exploits during the war. There'd obviously be some conflict other than "earth just wants to invade us" between the LC and Earth, though I haven't quite figured that out yet.
I'm not really sure what else to say about the basic idea, though if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I look forward to maybe cooperating with some of you.

Re: Record Of The First Lunar War (Help Wanted!)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 11:22:40 PM »
Just keep writing and post about that concept, maybe right people will come to you once the concept will be developed further.