Author Topic: Lotus Land Story Crash  (Read 5134 times)

Lotus Land Story Crash
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:30:20 PM »
When I play lotus land story as Reimu A or B the game will crash as soon as I get to Yuka in Stage 5. I have encountered this on Anex86 and as Reimu only. Marisa works normally and this was on Easy and Normal where this happened. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Anex or the game itself. Would love to know what I can do to fix this.

I am using the same set up for Anex as the thread suggested.
I also installed the patch to reduce lag.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: Lotus Land Story Crash
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »
This is caused by the emulated DOS not being loaded in high memory, resulting in the game running out of emulated memory at that point. To fix it, you will need DiskExplorer and this archive.

* If you don't mind being locked to Neko Project II, put the three files in the NP2XMS folder into the root of your hard disk image.
* Otherwise, put the two files in the FDXMS folder into the root of your hard disk image.

Once this is done you should be able to play without issues.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »
So for Neko Project use NP2XMS and for everything else use FDXMS. By locked to Neko Project, do you mean it would only work on Neko Project?

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 01:30:35 AM »
Yes, NP2XMS will only work on Neko Project II and doesn't work otherwise. If you're worried about that just use FDXMS, which should work in all cases.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 04:49:40 PM »
Alright I placed the files and replaced the config file, but it didn't do anything. Do I need to do anything else?

PS: This has been very helpful so far.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:53:31 PM by WhiteStar667 »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 01:21:04 AM »
Okay, so I probably should have tested FDXMS first before recommending it. At the very least, NP2XMS works on Neko Project II, so you can try that for now, and I'll see whether I can come up with an alternative. (Plus, you get the full YM2608 sound samples on NP2, rather than the partial -26 on Anex.)

EDIT: I should add that I was wrong when I first encountered the issue. The problem here is the expanded memory, which LLS requires at that point for some reason. FDXMS doesn't do EMS, so it doesn't work. However, all the EMS memory manager setups I have found apart from NP2EMS have significant overhead. I'll keep looking and report back.

EDIT 2: New archive. The performance of the fd+emm and vem486 setups are about the same, but still considerably slower than without an expanded memory manager installed. Ideally you want to make sure this only loads for LLS.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:45:10 AM by Arcorann »