Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520028 times)

More like 12-14 tbh, and Nitori always strike me as a working adult with an unfortunate height issue.

Slowing down is good though. In my experience, reality is always going to be different from your mind, and always disappointed abit.

Childlike Tenshi isn't new, Take a look at her HM cameo sprite.

I just want arcade mode back :(
Honestly the biggest thing stopping ULiL from being better than Soku for me.
Then buy the PS4 version.

Yeah, but it's still surprising to see. We always seen her being adult-like, so it's rare to see Tenko flying around shooting beam.

More like 12-14 tbh, and Nitori always strike me as a working adult with an unfortunate height issue.

Slowing down is good though. In my experience, reality is always going to be different from your mind, and always disappointed abit.

I would not consider that 12, even in this artstyle that generally makes everyone look younger she looks extremely small and just outright weird compared to how she looked like in Soku - and Nitori being a working adult..?

Then again we are moving into dangerous territory because artstyle arguments never end satisfying, its just odd that she exists and that she exists in such a way. Wouldve loved quite literally anyone else.

Even there she looks like a real human and not a midget tbh

Yiup, Nitori obviously doesn't have that cheekyness a child have, but more of a shrewness a business woman have, especially if she's selling her own craft.

Argee about artstyle, but I does find it surprising in a good way to see Tenshi is back (I mean it's like, 9 year since SWR, and 3 years since her last appearance in an official game (ISC))

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
I sure do love Tenshi so I'm happy on this on one hand, but on the other hand it does definitely seems like a missed opportunity.

dunno what the odds of AoCF overthrowing soku are tho - it's gotta work against momentum plus if they have the same issue again of "any external process latching onto the exe kills the game" and haven't considerably patched up the netcode then it'll be dead before it even gets a chance to be born.

fucking Tenshi of all people, now that's a character i would have NEVER guessed, well played ZUN

So, two spots left in the game's character select and one spot left on the website's character page. That'll probably be another existing character and the two silhouettes will be two-characters-as-one (thus taking up the leftover spot in the character select).

BTW, why does everyone want it to surpassed soku anyway? It's still a great Touhou game, IMO, whether or not it's better.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
BTW, why does everyone want it to surpassed soku anyway? It's still a great Touhou game, IMO, whether or not it's better.
I think it's because people want to finally move onto a new touhou fighter that many people can accept again. Despite my own personal opinions against the game, you can't deny that people still enjoy that game (and IaMP) more than HM and ULiL, though I guess it's because it's more "traditional" than the floaty fighters. They haven't been able to satisfy that itch completely that soku already has.

I think AoCF has that chance with tag combos and all that (which I have a ton of fun with atm), and especially since it seems to get rid of most of the random factors this time around. However, since it's still not 100% a traditional grounded fighter, it probably won't "replace" soku or IaMP regardless (I think more people want a sequel to IaMP more than Soku from the people I've been asking). It'll just be the new thing like how people still play Street Fighter II ST even though Street Fighter V is the "hot new thing". Or I guess a better example in a non-fighting game stance would be how people still play Melee even though Sm4sh is still being officially supported.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:33:02 PM by Gpop »

Hm...IamP and SWR does give out more spell card, thus a treasure trove for someone like me who want to cagetorize ability and lurk around Vsbattle debating who win who, so I could get this somewhat (then again, I'm probably not the intended experience for this)

Variety and just generally something new again. Soku has been the best 2hu fighter out there since its A Traditional and B has lots of variety with decks C great characters with unique movesets and D is just really fun
it has lots of flaws which is why I call it a "flawed masterpiece" - but instead of building on said masterpiece Tasofro attempts to reinvent the wheel with the floaters which flopped massively obviously since the floating felt super unatural, weird alongside a bunch of other issues

From what I have seen from the demos, they improved a lot - things are a lot more interesting and Tasofro seems to have finally gotten rid of the wacky xD randomness and extreme gimmicks the other floaters have - if they pulled it off again, well see with the full game, because if they execute the floaters well we might have a masterpiece on our hands that will finally replace Soku.

Yiup, Nitori obviously doesn't have that cheekyness a child have, but more of a shrewness a business woman have, especially if she's selling her own craft.

I have been mostly going off looks, doesnt matter if shes selling her own stuff or has an IQ of 3000 she still looks like a 6 year old midget

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
ULiL and AoCF are both by far better than Soku, y?all just aren?t willing to let go.

anyway, i seriously don?t know why they made tenshi look like a toddler. if you look at the character buttons where their sprites are, you?ll notice that tenshi actually has the shortest/smallest sprite, too. what the hell?
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

ULiL and AoCF are both by far better than Soku, y?all just aren?t willing to let go.

Do not attempt to trigger the floater vs soku argument because you will be filled with walls of text you wont be able to comprehend

Can someone explain me, why "loli-Tenshi" is a bad thing?

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
i'd say wait until we see what her in-game sprite fully looks like first, then freak out over how tall/short she is. It could just be someone trying to mimic Moe's art too much if they couldn't get her back on board, it could just be a bit exaggerated, we'll see soon enough!

Also ulil definitely way prettier but saying it's better than soku from a gameplay PoV is unlimited bait works.

Well, I guess the same reason people used Flandre as her name despite the whole name fiasco: famililarity. People used to see Tenshi as the sort-of bigger than life mischievious teenager, and have build their own view about the character in that kind of vibe, seeing Tenko just kinda irk some people I guess.

Also why is there a rumor that Moe isn't joining this?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
If we could cease (a) all use of the term "loli", and (b) all ULiL/AoCF vs. IaMP/Soku discussion, that would be splendid. thanks!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Its just super weird as we arent famillar with that + Id prefer if images of certain characters stayed the same, or are you interested in a game series where Marisa is suddenly a big adult, then super buff, and then a 5 year old kid?

PK

• Border of Whatever
Even if it wasn't Moe drawing Tenshi and they hired someone to imitate her, wouldn't they have to credit the actual artist?
And what about Doremy? Is she weird looking for Moe's style?

I always thought Moe's artstyle made some of the girls look younger than would be. Also sprites and portraits can be a bit different(I.E. Byakurens chest in her sprite while she looks relatively modest in her HM and ULiL artwork and Mamizous body looks slightly different if compared to her sprite and Moe's artwork). The examples I gave may be just my eyesight but for all we know, with Tenshis case, it could have that kind of inconsistency. It is not unheard for fighting games to have that.

I'm just happy my favorite celestial is back.

Yeah, I?m happy too. And the fact that it doesn?t change the fact that this is still an official art, so I hope to see Tenko in the manga soon. (Too bad forbidden scrollery ended though)

Another goddamn character who was already featured in a previous fighter? Lame.

So tired of interesting characters never getting the development they deserve, at least Doermy is a thing.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Let's not all forget that this exists while trying to analyze her portrait art, now.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
okay so maybe the nine year old portrait tenshi got was accurate. i went on the wiki and it says that some parts of tenshi?s name mean ?young? and ?child?. also, in some pictures of her in the mangas she lowkey looks like a small child. damn, i was always under the impression that she was a tall teen that looks like she?s in her twenties.
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

ULiL and AoCF are both by far better than Soku, y’all just aren’t willing to let go.
Seconded.

Also you guys are putting way too much stock into alphes' portrayal of the characters. Tenshi is fine.

[moriya]I already asked everyone to not use that word. I won't ask again.[/moriya]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:00:59 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Heh... somebody's back to get beaten up some more.
Spoiler:
I love this meme of hers hahaha
Well, so much for "cast that hasn't been in a fighter yet". However, I always welcome some more official artwork.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I've honestly always thought she was younger than people thought she was.

The issue with comparing the "first-generation sprites" (aka IaMP, SWR, and soku) for age appearance is that it's more of a design-choice to make them all look as young as they do, but it is most certainly not proportionate to their actual possible physical appearances. A good example of this is their older fighter, Eternal Fighter Zero, which also goes with this design choice of their character sprites, which they all look a lot younger than they actually do in their VN counterparts.

Seconded.

Also you guys are putting way too much stock into alphes' portrayal of the characters. Tenshi is fine.

[moriya]I already asked everyone to not use that word. I won't ask again.[/moriya]

dont remind me of the bush eyebrows - we should treat that game and art like the avatar the last airbender movie
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:20:15 PM by Fluury »

I don't actually care much for fighters so I wasn't planning on buying it, but today's reveal totally changed my mind. I'm a bit disappointed about no Kosuzu, but this is definitely the next best thing. Wasn't expecting to ever see her again, VERY pleasantly surprised.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra