Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 524298 times)

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
I just want arcade mode back :(
Honestly the biggest thing stopping ULiL from being better than Soku for me.

CyberAngel

• Retired
Idunno if it'd stop ZUN+Tasofro but even if they make it fixed pairs and not 19 routes, that's still at least 10 routes that need to be written and made sense of in chronological order, unlike IN's 4 (slightly more because of the stage 6 split i suppose) and SA's 6. If they went with "every character getting a story route", that'd be 19 pairings, each of which needs dialogue factoring in twice as many actors per scene as the fighters before it, combined with AoCF itself having five more characters than ULiL (over a 30% increase in the roster size!). Certainly it's not outside of the realm of possibility for them to do, but to say it's not more work is silly, and if they go with fixed pairs I can't really blame them.

If they *do* have 19 story routes i'll be pleasantly surprised, I just don't think it's a good idea to get one's hopes up by downplaying how much more work that would be, given that giving each character their own route would be almost double the work, for narratives that themselves are already going to be dealing with twice as many actors as the fighting games have had in the past in any given scene. Especially not by making comparisons to SA or IN,  which even in the "least-work scenario" still had around half each the total pairings than aocf would have, combined with having only singular (that is, 2 on 1 instead of the 2 on 2 aocf will feature) bosses and a narrative that didn't have to wrestle with making the other five or three tie together chronologically.

As I said, having more characters in a scene doesn't make it that much harder to write. Maybe even easier since you have way more options to use. If you assume it is because there's twice as much text, well, wordcount isn't what makes it hard. 50 words can be as hard to write as 500. And as for routes amount, SWR and ULiL both had 15 routes, heavily interwined with each other in former's case. I don't think it's all that unreasonable to assume that ZUN could pull off upping the ante a bit.

Is writing 19 stories really that hard of a task? It's not like these games have deep writing, it's just "fight 5 bosses then the one who's behind everything". This isn't The Witcher 3, i don't think ZUN is overextending himself very much here.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Wasn't the delay of AoCF also because of the PS4 release of ULiL?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
This is... very unexpected to say the least... or at least I didn't see it coming. Suddenly I somehow look even more forward to this game than I already did.

As for dialogues in fighting game, they tend to be at least a little more "complex" than what's seen in Danmaku titles. Even with a limited amount of dialogues, one has to figure out the plot for each characters, all dialogue bits, everyone they encounter, dialogue bits after each fights in Vs. mode and then there's the endings. It might not seem like a lot but figuring and planning everything out can be a surprisingly big amount of work.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Eh...?

Suddenly I feel much less hope for AoCF actually standing a chance to ever dethrone Soku.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
I'm intrigued, on the other hand. A little bit miffed it's not someone who hasn't been in a fighter before, but intrigued by the choice. I'll be looking forward to the gameplay and character interaction I'm sure will be delicious. .3
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Drake

Her urban legend is the conspiracies about HAARP controlling the weather that's fucking fantastic

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Oh my god I love Tenshi so much I barely can't handle that this is indeed real. I always thought Tenshi deserved more as a final boss. Looking forward the game's release.

Her urban legend is the conspiracies about HAARP controlling the weather that's fucking fantastic

AGREED.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
So do the last two slots belong to the two new final bosses or two established characters?  The latter would mean the final bosses won't have their own slots until you unlocked them, or they are reserved for free DLC.

What's Doremy's urban legend, BTW?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:18:21 AM by game2011 »

PapilLionesskort

That seems to be a secret, yet. It'll probably be significant.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

game2011

• mineiptXD
That seems to be a secret, yet. It'll probably be significant.
What secret?

Tenshi, another character I never see it coming. Her with that urban legend is exactly like Mokou with Spontanious Human Combustion: A giant redundancy (hey, maybe they will pair up?). She already fire a lazer with her sword, so would it be an orbital weather bombarment this time?

Also, I know that she's a loli judging from Grimore of Marisa, but it's still surprising to look at her new art.

PapilLionesskort

What secret?

What Doremy's legend is. There is no indication what it is.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
Eh...?

Suddenly I feel much less hope for AoCF actually standing a chance to ever dethrone Soku.

that's okay because ULiL already dethroned soku.
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

game2011

• mineiptXD
Tenshi, another character I never see it coming. Her with that urban legend is exactly like Mokou with Spontanious Human Combustion: A giant redundancy (hey, maybe they will pair up?). She already fire a lazer with her sword, so would it be an orbital weather bombarment this time?

Also, I know that she's a loli judging from Grimore of Marisa, but it's still surprising to look at her new art.
Not sure what you mean by redundancy...  It's a fitting urban legend for her since her beam saber can influence the weather.

PK

• Border of Whatever

Apparently she creates a storm.

Wow her newest art makes her look way younger than SWR. Maybe heaven peaches does that to a person. Still baffled about how she's suddenly pulled out of nowhere, I mean, who can see it coming? This will be interesting.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Oh boy oh boy I can't wait to play as Peach Celestial in a ~new~ 2hu fighter...  :3
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Tenshi in confirms ZUN's return to AWA
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Not sure what you mean by redundancy...  It's a fitting urban legend for her since her beam saber can influence the weather.

Yeah, but it's like adding fire to a person who already is always on fire, like Mokou does, into a giant blue ball of heavenly flame. Here, a character basically known for creating weather pattern for destructive used, get an urban legend in which the goverment used the weather for destructive used into Geostorm.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
Wow her newest art makes her look way younger than SWR. Maybe heaven peaches does that to a person. Still baffled about how she's suddenly pulled out of nowhere, I mean, who can see it coming? This will be interesting.

ikr? she looks ridiculous.
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

Idk, I think she actually look kinda cute right now. She's turning from a sassy,rowdy teenager into a sassy, rowdy, almost Remi-like kid.

Drake

Me and someone else have a suspicion that Tenshi's art might have been done by an imitator. It isn't necessarily the case at all, but there are a couple of things that seem off for Harukawa and look more like another artist's style. Again, just speculation.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I guess you mean how the eyes is abit too close to the face? Whatever it is, isn't it already official art?

Guess Tenko will become a meme as some point.

game2011

• mineiptXD
Yeah, but it's like adding fire to a person who already is always on fire, like Mokou does, into a giant blue ball of heavenly flame. Here, a character basically known for creating weather pattern for destructive used, get an urban legend in which the goverment used the weather for destructive used into Geostorm.
You can say the same for some other characters.  Reisen can drive people insane, and her urban legend relates to insanity.  It's only fitting for characters to have urban legends related to their abilities.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm not having any problem too, you know? Just kinda want to see Tenko's Occult spell card be her trying to goes Geostorm on her opponent.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
rip already-playable-characters-aren't-gonna-be-in-this-game theory, we hardly new ye

Looking forward to best grill's interaction with the enlightenment-aspiring folks at Myouren temple or the immortal folks  :3
... also don't you love the fact that there are conveniently some urban legends that match the girls perfectly lying around
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:20:24 PM by Suspicious person »

lame tbh - wouldve loved a different lesser thrown around character to get into the spotlight instead of peach-dingus

then there is the thing that she seems to have regressed into a 5 year old, even Nitori looks older at this point, are we sure her urban legend isnt the well of youth?

I want AoCF to dethrone Soku so badly and the second demo only made me more optimistic however this is kinda slowing down my personal hype train