Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519864 times)

Drake

That would depend entirely on them having it ready for Winter Comiket or not, which is immediately before New Years. I doubt they'd release it at Fall Reitaisai even if it was ready then.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

CyberAngel

• Retired
i will absolutely criticize them for having completely useless anti-hacking code that harms normal users though, they deserve that.

Have you contacted them to provide the feedback on that? As well as share your suggestions on improving their netcode?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
From the Nikenme Radio stream (Jun 19): AoCF's design phase has recently concluded, moving into full production.

The initial plan for AoCF was to have the demo out at Winter Comiket 2016, and full release at Reitaisai this year. The entire schedule was delayed to develop ULiL for PS4.

Some other tidbits:

- In the early days ZUN longed for the live performance experience, and deliberately made his music to have that "live" feel. He no longer does that.
- The fighting game themes are especially long due to the gameplay, and harder to write.
- He has been playing EoSD and other older games, and now finds them very user unfriendly.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:09:22 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

- He has been playing EoSD and other older games, and now finds them very user unfriendly.
Touhou: Remastering of Definitive Experience confirmed.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Touhou: Remastering of Definitive Experience confirmed.
Maybe, except he's lost the data from everything before MoF, so it'd probably be rather difficult for him to try and revisit development on the old games even if he wanted to.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I mean, considering the original EoSD version - the one ZUN probably played - is that release version where you don't even have a hitbox showing?  Yeah they're quite user unfriendly. 

- In the early days ZUN longed for the live performance experience, and deliberately made his music to have that "live" feel. He no longer does that.
So it's not only feelings that his music has been sounding more "background"-y.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
I think Ran is a very unlikely new character, but I just realized she DOES use a urban legend in one of her spell cards: "Kokkuri-san's Contract".

VTPHOENIX

• What's this?
  • Miraculous girl.
I think Ran is a very unlikely new character, but I just realized she DOES use a urban legend in one of her spell cards: "Kokkuri-san's Contract".

I'm not that sure about that, though...
But perhaps ZUN likes using all that unlikeliness to get people to create awesome theories. And when the game is finally released and owned, the players face much disappointment. Trust, now, as I have felt this with every game since PCB, although I can't help but expect an uncertain twist.
Even while you're down here, F.O.E.!

PK

• Border of Whatever
Looks like Tasofro will be at Autumn Reitaisai.

博麗神社秋季例大祭参加情報
10月15日開催の博麗神社秋季例大祭に参加します。
配置は「あ01ab」黄昏フロンティアです。

(From their site)

Also i know there aren't leaked characters this time, but did someone try to do it like they did for ULiL? I don't remember.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Looks like Tasofro will be at Autumn Reitaisai.

博麗神社秋季例大祭参加情報
10月15日開催の博麗神社秋季例大祭に参加します。
配置は「あ01ab」黄昏フロンティアです。

(From their site)

Also i know there aren't leaked characters this time, but did someone try to do it like they did for ULiL? I don't remember.
No character data in the demo this time. Tasofro got smart.

VTPHOENIX

• What's this?
  • Miraculous girl.
No character data in the demo this time. Tasofro got smart.

Too bad for me, then... I love character data leaks.  :D
Even while you're down here, F.O.E.!

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Tasofro revealed they will be releasing a new demo at Autumn Reitaisai next month. It will have everyone that appeared in ULiL including Reisen as well as tweaks to the system to help encourage using tag mechanics. Might not see any new characters but they didn't rule it out. One of the screenshots was a mock-up of the character select screen with 6 blank spots. If one is for random select, then there'll be 5 new characters for a total roster of 20.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:01:37 PM by N-Forza »

Tasofro revealed they will be releasing a new demo at Autumn Reitaisai next month. It will have everyone that appeared in ULiL including Reisen as well as tweaks to the system to help encourage using tag mechanics. Might not see any new characters but they didn't rule it out. One of the screenshots was a mock-up of the character select screen with 6 blank spots. If one is for random select, then there'll be 5 new characters for a total roster of 20.
For ULiL, leak aside, Mokou and Shinmyoumaru were only revealed days before the actual game, right? I'm not expecting them to reveal any new characters yet.

Although since last WaHH chapter suddenly mentioned Garden of the Sun after so long, I'm hoping for Yuuka.

PK

• Border of Whatever
They revealed Kasen way before, tho. So maybe it's not that unlikely for one of the new ones to show up.

TH15.5 AoCF latest information

FOUR new characters apparently

Unabara Iruka: Center one is just empty slot. The middle slot of the top is for random select.
Unabara Iruka: I asked ZUN to reveal some new characters and he said "It's too early"

A demo with the entire cast of ULiL? Single-player content aside, that's basically a full fighting game!
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

19 characters is such a weird choice for a fighting game. Did they just run out of resources and they had to cut one character or something?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

PK

• Border of Whatever
Well, the final boss is supposedly superpowerful this time (like, more than usual), so she likely won't have a partner at least in story mode, leading to the odd number of characters?

Drake

"Well the game is numbered 15.5, but uh 16 already came out, oops"

actual quote

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Unabara Iruka: Center one is just empty slot. The middle slot of the top is for random select.
Unabara Iruka: I asked ZUN to reveal some new characters and he said "It's too early"

For this series, it's always too early until a week before release.

19 characters is such a weird choice for a fighting game. Did they just run out of resources and they had to cut one character or something?
Ehh, a lot of older games had odd character counts. Often you'd have an even amount of regular characters but just one boss character, etc. Every now and then you'd have an odd number of bosses, like with World Heroes Perfect.

"Well the game is numbered 15.5, but uh 16 already came out, oops"

actual quote
Hmm, did they forget that Suimusou and Hisouten were like that though???

Ehh, a lot of older games had odd character counts. Often you'd have an even amount of regular characters but just one boss character, etc. Every now and then you'd have an odd number of bosses, like with World Heroes Perfect.

I think he was saying more because of the partner system. I guess this just means the final boss will be fighting alone against the two protags, then.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Hold it. 19? Didn't they say there would be 20 characters before?

Drake

Hmm, did they forget that Suimusou and Hisouten were like that though???
It was tongue-in-cheek in case that wasn't clear, whether they were thinking about this or not.

Hold it. 19? Didn't they say there would be 20 characters before?
No. You will see me calling this out way back when SCoOW was published, but the "exactly 20 characters" assumption spread too fast to catch and now you have to deal with your self-inflicted disappointment lol.

It would make sense to make the top slot 1+ to the character roster
and the center middle spot random

But whatever floats their boat. im still hyped to see the demo!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Center slot is reserved for the inevitable PS4-exclusive character.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Center slot is reserved for the inevitable PS4-exclusive character.
I forget, was a PS4 version of 15.5 ever announced or was it just PC for now?

PK

• Border of Whatever
Tasofro revealed they will be releasing a new demo at Autumn Reitaisai next month. It will have everyone that appeared in ULiL including Reisen
Hmm, but i'm reading on tumblr (hungrybookworm) and FB (Monhan) that the demo will only add Ichirin and Nitori?