Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520134 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Well, that game is pretty much the hilariously fun kind of broken.

7TC7

• In best company
So, anyone wanna try explaining what happened to us in the first round here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6HiQq9MqwE

Because that sure was ... something.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
my utmost apologies, but how do i do that? i am not very good with computers, after all.
Just google "set default graphics card" plus your card type - nVidia or AMD.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6HiQq9MqwE

Because that sure was ... something.
lolwut. Maybe Reimu's sealing field thing has a hitbox for since reason?
Just google "set default graphics card" plus your card type - nVidia or AMD.
He has a desktop with a GeForce 210, so I don't think this applies. I currently suspect overheating.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?

You can do this!

The intention was propably for the talisman to transmit a little damage to Reimu before it got immediately destroyed by the attack. The issue is the talisman fails to die.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:54:05 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Win quotes transcribed. This time they were all images, which I dearly hope is something they'll only do for the demo version!

Code: [Select]
data\actor\win\marisa\balloon_0.png
憑依と言っても
身体を乗っ取られるという
感覚とはちょっと違うな
data\actor\win\marisa\balloon_mokou_0.png
お前昔にフェニックスに
憑依されてなかったか?
data\actor\win\marisa\balloon_reimu_0.png
こんな面白い異変も珍しいな
私が調ベてやるよ
data\actor\win\marisa\balloon_udonge_0.png
この完全憑依異変
もしかして月の技術じゃないよな

data\actor\win\mokou\balloon_0.png
完全憑依の原因はよく判らないが
暴れるチャンスが二倍に
なったってことだな
data\actor\win\mokou\balloon_marisa_0.png
今度は私と組もうな
最強の日力でぬるま場の奴らを
焼き尽くそう!
data\actor\win\mokou\balloon_reimu_0.png
暫くは異変解決しなくて良いぜ
楽しいからな
data\actor\win\mokou\balloon_udonge_0.png
お前何か知ってそうだな
やっばりこの異変も
月の民の仕業なのか?

data\actor\win\reimu\balloon_0.png
多分、私一人でも勝ててたわね
data\actor\win\reimu\balloon_1.png
やだ、この異変は楽しい??
いやいや解決しないとね
data\actor\win\reimu\balloon_marisa_0.png
異変解決は私任せて!
あんたは大人しく
スレイブてれば良いのよ
data\actor\win\reimu\balloon_mokou_0.png
そういえば光る竹を見つけた
という噂を聞いたんだけど??
data\actor\win\reimu\balloon_reimu_0.png
あれ?
憑依しすぎなのか私が見える??
data\actor\win\reimu\balloon_udonge_0.png
奴隷根性が染み付いてて
上手くスレイブを扱えてない
みたいね

data\actor\win\udonge\balloon_0.png
完全憑依かー
これも都市伝説異変の影響って
ことよねぇ
data\actor\win\udonge\balloon_marisa_0.png
あんたがマスターだったんだ
見た目からてっきりスレイブかと
data\actor\win\udonge\balloon_mokou_0.png
最初に完全憑依を見たのは
霊夢と貴方が入れ替わった
時なのよねぇ
data\actor\win\udonge\balloon_reimu_0.png
この異変は私が調べます
元、月の兎としての負い目も
ありますので
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:13:01 PM by Splashman »

Well, that game is pretty much the hilariously fun kind of broken.

how?

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
how?

Think he was talking about the Fist of the North Star game I mentioned. It's indeed all kinds of broken, with the majority of characters having touch of death combos as well as instant kill moves they can combo into really easily if circumstances are met.
Think Guilty Gear on steroids.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Aye, the physics is also just plain wacky too. Ever heard it being called "Hokuto no Basketball"?

the hnk fighter is a post-apocalyptic basketball game, yes

appreciating all these amusing clips of things that are going to get fixed

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
All fine and dandy, but is there anyone who can explain the system already?  :V

By mucking around, I've noticed that switching when shooting bullets will also cause the other character to shoot a bullet attack that is exclusive to the tag-out. And I've just only figured out that mashing the switch and spell card buttons will cause the slave to use the spell card after master does - but the slave, apparently, cannot use a spell card on her own. Anything else I'm missing or should know?

7TC7

• In best company
You can do this!

The intention was propably for the talisman to transmit a little damage to Reimu before it got immediately destroyed by the attack. The issue is the talisman fails to die.

Well, that's just silly. I was wondering how easy it would be to recreate it, but from your picture I guess, most bullets can damage Reimu through the talisman

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Is it just me or is it impossible to remap the arrow keys to WASD? This is kinda important to me since my right arrow key's kinda busted.

7TC7

• In best company
Is it just me or is it impossible to remap the arrow keys to WASD? This is kinda important to me since my right arrow key's kinda busted.

It works for me. Did you make sure you don't use any of those keys elsewhere in the mapping? And did you press confirm at the bottom of the key-mapping screen?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
...Well, this is embarrassing. Turns out I forgot to actually select the keyboard side of the bindings.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
dream post time!

i had a dream where wakasagi was playable, and her last word  had bubble-like things.
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Some Fridge Horror I've just realized about this whole "Perfect Possession" thing...

In the ending of the Extra Stage of ULiL PS4, Reimu was shown to be suffering the excruciating pain that came from Mokou's regenerative powers as a Hourai Immortal. And given that Mokou pretty much DIED several times and regenerated just as many times, this must be one hell of an excruciating pain for Reimu...
Worse yet: the ending also looks to me that whatever injuries inflicted upon Mokou that isn't fully healed, Reimu KEEPS them! Thankfully the injuries kept are not bad enough to be fatal, but imagine if it was something worse...like shattered ribs, broken spine, amputated limbs, having a large fraction of the head blown off... And we all know that Reimu's death will lead to the collapse of the Hakurei Barrier... *Shudders*
Even worse: before the fight began, Reimu immediately blames her losing control of her body on possession, shortly before literally turning into Mokou. That line seems to be implying that during the entirety of the fight against Mokou, Reimu is FULLY AWARE of what is happening: Mokou giving the Spell Card Rules the middle finger and tries to kill Reisen - a friend! And Reimu couldn't do anything but be forced to watch "herself" try to kill a friend using one excruciatingly painful Kamikaze attack after another, and said friend killing her back several times in self-defense!
I would be extremely surprised if Reimu didn't develop worse PTSD than Reisen did from the Lunar War after all that...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
you've made this too deep
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:50:35 AM by Nebulae--Addict »
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
Some Fridge Horror I've just realized about this whole "Perfect Possession" thing...

In the ending of the Extra Stage of ULiL PS4, Reimu was shown to be suffering the excruciating pain that came from Mokou's regenerative powers as a Hourai Immortal. And given that Mokou pretty much DIED several times and regenerated just as many times, this must be one hell of an excruciating pain for Reimu...
Worse yet: the ending also looks to me that whatever injuries inflicted upon Mokou that isn't fully healed, Reimu KEEPS them! Thankfully the injuries kept are not bad enough to be fatal, but imagine if it was something worse...like shattered ribs, broken spine, amputated limbs, having a large fraction of the head blown off... And we all know that Reimu's death will lead to the collapse of the Hakurei Barrier... *Shudders*
Even worse: before the fight began, Reimu immediately blames her losing control of her body on possession, shortly before literally turning into Mokou. That line seems to be implying that during the entirety of the fight against Mokou, Reimu is FULLY AWARE of what is happening: Mokou giving the Spell Card Rules the middle finger and tries to kill Reisen - a friend! And Reimu couldn't do anything but be forced to watch "herself" try to kill a friend using one excruciatingly painful Kamikaze attack after another, and said friend killing her back several times in self-defense!
I would be extremely surprised if Reimu didn't develop worse PTSD than Reisen did from the Lunar War after all that...

Is Mokou still trying to find a way to die as a human being?

Then again, it's possible the perpetrator deliberately starting the "Perfect Possesion incident" more than just experimenting her abilities to transfering one soul from one body to another, but also making every ULiL participants life like a living hell.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
Is Mokou still trying to find a way to die as a human being?

Then again, it's possible the perpetrator deliberately starting the "Perfect Possesion incident" more than just experimenting her abilities to transfering one soul from one body to another, but also making every ULiL participants life like a living hell.

But still, I find it chilling that Mokou is the first character in canon to blatantly violate the "all battles must be non-lethal" part of the Spell Card Rules when she decided to kill Reisen in ULiL PS4 Extra Stage.
Even the most villainous and literally insane 2hus ever presented - Flandre, Tenshi, Utsuho, Seija, Junko and Hecatia - kept their attacks non-lethal. But Mokou, the one you least expect to give the SCR the middle finger, is the first to do so in canon...

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
But still, I find it chilling that Mokou is the first character in canon to blatantly violate the "all battles must be non-lethal" part of the Spell Card Rules
Can we really say that when some characters have what appears to be very muchly lethal danmaku, like Sakuya's knives?
Also, Seija has a whole game about breaking the rules and everyone else in turn breaking the rules to fight her.

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
But still, I find it chilling that Mokou is the first character in canon to blatantly violate the "all battles must be non-lethal" part of the Spell Card Rules when she decided to kill Reisen in ULiL PS4 Extra Stage.
Even the most villainous and literally insane 2hus ever presented - Flandre, Tenshi, Utsuho, Seija, Junko and Hecatia - kept their attacks non-lethal. But Mokou, the one you least expect to give the SCR the middle finger, is the first to do so in canon...

What about Junko? Doesn't she also violates the spell card rule?

By the way, what I am talking about is the final boss' motives to perpetrates the whole Perfect Possession incident.

What about Junko? Doesn't she also violates the spell card rule?

Junko wanting to actually kill the player is pure fan speculation made up to justify her poor bullet patterns. It even contradicts the ponitdevice route in which she pretty much admits defeat as soon as she encounters the purified protagonists. She just keeps fighting to vent out her anger.

Even Mokou isn?t really breaking the spellcard rules since she is still using non-lethal attacks like everyone else. Her dying and resurrecting is just part of her ?skill set? which she can channel into (non-lethal) attacks.

D-T

The characters say that they're going to kill or murder each other all the time. Just because they say it don't mean that they actually want to do it. Mokou fighting Reisen in ULiL PS4 was purely venting some frustration and definitely was not an actual murder attempt.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
The characters say that they're going to kill or murder each other all the time. Just because they say it don't mean that they actually want to do it. Mokou fighting Reisen in ULiL PS4 was purely venting some frustration and definitely was not an actual murder attempt.

Yet the ferocity of her attacks in ULiL PS4 Extra are at such a high level, she actually gave me impressions of her intentionally saying "Eff you, I'm gonna kill this bitch" to the Spell Card Rules before attacking Reisen.

Drake

But Mokou, the one you least expect to give the SCR the middle finger
I like how you say this but immediately assume she was trying to kill Reisen anyways. Like ok. Maybe there is another explanation that actually makes sense, perhaps?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
Yet the ferocity of her attacks in ULiL PS4 Extra are at such a high level, she actually gave me impressions of her intentionally saying "Eff you, I'm gonna kill this bitch" to the Spell Card Rules before attacking Reisen.
But that's not what she actually says nor she ever implies she wants to kill Reisen while violating Spell Card rules.

Are you seriously basing this whole thing on the fact you found her Stage to be particularly difficult?

D-T

Not only all of that, it's far from the first time people ignored the spell card rules, because that is literally the entire plot of Impossible Spell Card.

i don't think that they actually broke the rules in Impossible Spell Card its just Seija trying to justify her cheating. the fact that its possible to beat the whole game without using the cheat items means that the spell aren't actually impossible they are just really hard to beat.

PK

• Border of Whatever
i don't think that they actually broke the rules in Impossible Spell Card its just Seija trying to justify her cheating. the fact that its possible to beat the whole game without using the cheat items means that the spell aren't actually impossible they are just really hard to beat.
It's just story/gameplay segregation. Both the "narrator" and the ones talking to Seija say they are impossible and that rules will be broken.

"For the next few days, the assassins will attack with impossible spell cards that ignore the rules!"

And so on.

Not sure what made people think Mokou wanted to kill Reisen, tho.