Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520087 times)

It sounds like the controls are quite confusing. Will there be any way to switch controls, or is it not as confusing as it sounds?

7TC7

• In best company
It sounds like the controls are quite confusing. Will there be any way to switch controls, or is it not as confusing as it sounds?

I think the controls are quite simple. It's just hard to find out what they are at first, if you can't read what's what.
There is also a button config like in the previous games.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Is there half Drawing Cycle? I can't run the last two fighting games above 30fps, so it really helps.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
So it seems the demo is incompatible with Locale Emulator. The game doesn't start up at all, and when I check the log file, I notice it points to one of the Locale Emulator DLLs (LocaleEmulator.dll). Tried updating Locale Emulator, but no dice.

I was just wondering, what's the cause behind the issue? I had the same problem and it was fixed when I used this binary myself.

I hope this is just a case of Tasofro not doing enough bug-testing.
Well... IIRC, I changed 4 things in my hacked binary.
  • At 2 places, allow the game to run under a debugger. Shouldn't change anything if the game doesn't run under a debugger.
  • I disabled the "dynamic base" flag. Most exe files you find should have it enabled. It's possible but really unlikely that disabling it fixes a crash.
  • And now, the thing I suspect being the cause of the game not working on some computer: removing the test on the call to WinVerifyTrust. I still don't know what that function does (I didn't read the documentation page yet), but my game stopped working after the previous change, it crashed around the call to this function, and by reading its name, I was like "oh, that thing looks like it could not like me hacking the game". That's among the "anti-hack stuff".

So it seems the demo is incompatible with Locale Emulator. The game doesn't start up at all, and when I check the log file, I notice it points to one of the Locale Emulator DLLs (LocaleEmulator.dll). Tried updating Locale Emulator, but no dice.
I think the problem isn't about Locale Emulator being outdated, rather about the game seeing Locale Emulator and thinking "That thing doesn't belong to me, it must belong to some spooky hacker trying to steal things from me, I'm out!"

Pretty sure the game can run without a locale eumulator

or a JP locale for that matter

ffs they still haven't given up on the worthless anti-modification measures?

these things literally only hurt legitimate users, if they released something like that to the west they'd get roasted alive in reviews

hello guys, I need your help u.u When starting the game this does not start, but in the task manager Indicates as if it is working... Same case happened before with ULiL and had to modify a hexadecimal data... Can somebody help?

PD: I sorry for my bad english...

I'm having the same trouble here, horewer I download the hacked binary, I runned it as a admin and nothing happened, hell I even used Locate and Appswitch and nothing.

It's sad for me thought, along with Touhou 16 this was my first time being a witness of a Touhou game.

I hope this is not going to happen again with the full version.

Has anyone else had problems changing the controls? I can get to the menu for it, but when I press Z on something to change it, it basically softlocks until I switch to a different window. When I put AoCF back in focus, though, it cancels the button input mode (unless it's a gamepad button, in which case it gets set to Left for some reason).

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
hello guys, I need your help u.u When starting the game this does not start, but in the task manager Indicates as if it is working... Same case happened before with ULiL and had to modify a hexadecimal data... Can somebody help?

PD: I sorry for my bad english...

I'm having the same trouble here, horewer I download the hacked binary, I runned it as a admin and nothing happened, hell I even used Locate and Appswitch and nothing.

It's sad for me thought, along with Touhou 16 this was my first time being a witness of a Touhou game.

I hope this is not going to happen again with the full version.

Quoting these since they were previously unapproved until now and so were likely missed by people that could actually answer them.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Well... IIRC, I changed 4 things in my hacked binary.
  • At 2 places, allow the game to run under a debugger. Shouldn't change anything if the game doesn't run under a debugger.
  • I disabled the "dynamic base" flag. Most exe files you find should have it enabled. It's possible but really unlikely that disabling it fixes a crash.
  • And now, the thing I suspect being the cause of the game not working on some computer: removing the test on the call to WinVerifyTrust. I still don't know what that function does (I didn't read the documentation page yet), but my game stopped working after the previous change, it crashed around the call to this function, and by reading its name, I was like "oh, that thing looks like it could not like me hacking the game". That's among the "anti-hack stuff".
The Network option is disabled in your hacked .exe. They probably added an integrity check as a (final?) failsafe measure to prevent cheating.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Hey guys I made a Day 1 combo video focusing on tag combos

Core gameplay is basically the same as ULiL, minus a couple changes (mostly charged projectile properties and the removal of declare cancels since we have tag combos instead)

The tag combo part itself is really neat and allows for a lot of creativity, and I'm really damn happy that occult effects and occult smash balls orbs are no longer a thing. Those were terrible. The occult effects was almost as bad as soku weather itself.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:02:10 PM by Gpop »

I couldn't get my hands on the demo, but I got a question.  Does AoCF have Last Words like the previous 2 games?

I couldn't get my hands on the demo, but I got a question.  Does AoCF have Last Words like the previous 2 games?

Yes they do have, but it only has the ones in ULiL and only the Master (main char used) can use it.

How do you used it again?

How do you used it again?

If you're talking about the Last Word, it's the good ol' C + A. But in order to do that, the spellcard meter has to be full, yes both master and slave. And perfect possession gauge has to be full to be used.

And about the combined last words, it seems vague considering the last word of the master already has taken such a big cost (like spellcard meter full and perfect possession). And probably they won't have room for tagged last words. Hopefully, I'm wrong about my theory.

EDIT: Speaking of, what happened to the Touhou 15.5 bingo card. Wanna see what's up so far XD
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:17:54 PM by jhun »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Y'know, I kinda wish we could pick the slave's spell card.

Y'know, I kinda wish we could pick the slave's spell card.

Yeah, I couldn't do much with Reisen's spellcard. Also, it's a good chance to combine spellcards with the player's desire. It would be great if we could pick even if the op cards are contrasted to the slave's power.

But since it's a demo, I guess many has yet to come considering that the game's just in 25% completion.

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
ah, um... after a while of playing, my computer sometimes restarts on its own, but beforehand it freezes then the monitor shuts off and then whatever music was playing spam plays itself in 0.05 intervals or something like that (similar to a "bttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" noise?)

this sometimes happened with other games such as stardew valley and yandere simulator, but it never happened much with touhou and AoCF.

it's really disappointing since i wanna play the full version as well when its out, but if this problem persists, then... you know.

im assuming it is a graphics card issue? though, it all started when i accidentally set a game called stardew valley's priority to high in task manager (it is been on normal for a while, and i dont play it that much anymore), though im sure that that is entirely coincidential.

i dont think this happened with ULiL, maybe once or twice, but considering that i don't recall, i doubt it.

could this be an AoCF exclusive thing? (or maybe my computer is just really bad... i hope it fixes itself soon. i can't afford another computer anytime soon at all.)
yawn...

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Try checking if your system is running the game with your integrated chip. You may have to manually set it to be run with the graphics card.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Try checking if your system is running the game with your integrated chip. You may have to manually set it to be run with the graphics card.

my utmost apologies, but how do i do that? i am not very good with computers, after all.

furthermore, if your solution ends up fixing my issue, i will be very, very grateful!! (although i am grateful regardless.) it'll also be good 'cos if anyone has a similar issue and they find this and it works for them as well, then that's even one more person helped if they're struggling with this when it comes to AoCF~
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:31:09 PM by ~Shin Kuroi~ »
yawn...

No characters leaks this time. The game doesn't even contains "nitori" or "ichirin" in its data file (and I talk about the game's decrypted files of course), so I really doubt there's any trace of new characters. Any leaked character is probably fake (but there's still a chance that I missed it).
th155 tools (yeah, I didn't rename some things so there's a lot of th145 everywhere but it's th155): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1jzCIkoNdTRd0hhMkx4WnFqWjA

Also, I heard the hacked binary I made to work on the game fixes the "the game doesn't open" bug, you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1jzCIkoNdTRRFBQOGtXX0lEc1E
Images dump incoming in a few hours.
Your tool didn't seem to extract the background music. Is that a bug with the extractor?
ah, um... after a while of playing, my computer sometimes restarts on its own, but beforehand it freezes then the monitor shuts off and then whatever music was playing spam plays itself in 0.05 intervals or something like that (similar to a "bttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" noise?)

this sometimes happened with other games such as stardew valley and yandere simulator, but it never happened much with touhou and AoCF.

it's really disappointing since i wanna play the full version as well when its out, but if this problem persists, then... you know.

im assuming it is a graphics card issue? though, it all started when i accidentally set a game called stardew valley's priority to high in task manager (it is been on normal for a while, and i dont play it that much anymore), though im sure that that is entirely coincidential.

i dont think this happened with ULiL, maybe once or twice, but considering that i don't recall, i doubt it.

could this be an AoCF exclusive thing? (or maybe my computer is just really bad... i hope it fixes itself soon. i can't afford another computer anytime soon at all.)
yeah that's not normal Either your computer is overheating or your graphics drivers are crashing.
Make a thread in Tech Support. Install Speccy then post your specs. Also take note of your temperatures when you play each game.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:17:39 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Jut learned that Tasofro played it smart this time by excluding complete data from the demo...

It'll be a year long wait or so for news, then...

Your tool didn't seem to extract the background music. Is that a bug with the extractor?
That's somewhere between "normal behavior" and "known bug".
The filenames aren't in the pak files (only filename hashes), so the extractor need to know the file names beforehand. And you see all the unk_something files? When the extractor doesn't know the filename of a file, it creates an unk_something file. And there's a lot of them because the filenames list is the one from ULiL, all the AoFC-specific filenames are unknown. Finding all these missing filenames is on my TODO list, among other things.
Anyway, back to musics. unk_170D53BD, unk_173816E2 and unk_BCF54E65 are ogg files. Rename them to something.ogg and you will be able to play them in a media player.

Hey guys I made a Day 1 combo video focusing on tag combos

Core gameplay is basically the same as ULiL, minus a couple changes (mostly charged projectile properties and the removal of declare cancels since we have tag combos instead)

The tag combo part itself is really neat and allows for a lot of creativity, and I'm really damn happy that occult effects and occult smash balls[/i] orbs are no longer a thing. Those were terrible. The occult effects was almost as bad as soku weather itself.

Pretty nice as always, Gpop.
As expected, the new tag system is the core in making combos this time. They also scrapped some mechanics from ULiL like declare cancel and 200% SC charge among other things.

Tried a few minutes in practice mode, and the first thing I note is that they put a tad too many functions on one button. Will need a gamepad to properly do a combo

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
yeah that's not normal Either your computer is overheating or your graphics drivers are crashing.
Make a thread in Tech Support. Install Speccy then post your specs. Also take note of your temperatures when you play each game.

thank you!! will do! i don't think it's my computer overheating since i recently cleaned it completely of dust with an aircan, but possibly? but anyhow, i will take the topic there when i can. thanks ~
yawn...

That's somewhere between "normal behavior" and "known bug".
The filenames aren't in the pak files (only filename hashes), so the extractor need to know the file names beforehand. And you see all the unk_something files? When the extractor doesn't know the filename of a file, it creates an unk_something file. And there's a lot of them because the filenames list is the one from ULiL, all the AoFC-specific filenames are unknown. Finding all these missing filenames is on my TODO list, among other things.
Anyway, back to musics. unk_170D53BD, unk_173816E2 and unk_BCF54E65 are ogg files. Rename them to something.ogg and you will be able to play them in a media player.
And it's fixed. The link didn't change.
I also made an image dump: https://mega.nz/#!A9wQGTTR!mJzGcDUT3mpBNvFvV6zdipN4mk9couOBjKRk8jsr5eI

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So the guys at the ULiL discord server found a ToD combo in the demo already.

However, it's very highly unlikely this'll happen in a real match as it requires setting up Mokou's occult effect (blue flames). You can read up about it in the youtube description, but the tl;dr of it is that she has 6 phases of the occult effect, each powering her up but draining her health down faster. This combo uses her 6th phase of her occult effect.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
I'm honestly not bothered by ToD combos considering one of my favourite fighting games is the Fist of the North Star arcade/PS2 game which is full of those.