Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520217 times)

Spectral Nexus

• Idealistic Aspirer and Unacheiver
  • Hella trippy.
They're playing the game live on the Nico Nico stream now~! :)
http://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv294989011 for anyone who wants to check it out.
COMPOSING FOR: Magical Moon Story / Mystic Memory Drive (Full Game)
- Old Chateau Story (Stage 3 and Title Themes)
- Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (Stage 2 & Stage 5 Themes)
- Illusionary Visual Twilight (Full Game)
- Hopefully a few of my own future fangames! :-D

Drake

IT'S FREE-PAIR

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
WE GOT GRABS

Possession lasts until you get hit.

Also, tag combooooos.

IT'S MAHVEL BABY
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:20:43 AM by Spotty Len »

Drake

- Assists
- Perfect Possession are temp switches as expected
- Spell Card Possessions by pressing a button during the Spell

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
Touhou mahvel let's go.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Throws are back, they said.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
IT'S FREE-PAIR

And that means we can mix-and-match our pairing.

Throws are back, they said.
I don't think any Touhou fighting game ever had normal (as in, not special) throws until this one.

Speaking of, how will the characters be? As in moves, damage, combos and such? Are they likely to reuse what was in the most recent Urban Legend in Limbo patch, or will everything have been redone?

I sure hope so. ULiL was an unbalanced mess.

Are they still playing it live?

EDIT: Unfortunately, it has finished.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:53:34 PM by jhun »

cuc

I don't think any Touhou fighting game ever had normal (as in, not special) throws until this one.
If we look at Tasofro's entire history, Eternal Fighter Zero had normal throws.

Also they may have said the game is 25 to 30% complete. If so, it's going to miss the simultaneous Summer Comiket release with Touhou 16.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:28:52 PM by cuc »

Did anyone manage to record the stream?
Also by assists are we talking single-move assists or full realtime character switching?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

If we are looking at Tasofro's entire history, Eternal Fighter Zero had normal throws.

The moment the first throw happened:

Also they may have said the game is 25 to 30% complete. If so, it's going to miss the simultaneous Summer Comiket release with Touhou 16.

I doubt it, otherwise it would mean 15.5 is releasing after 16, which would likely cause massive confusion.

cuc

Recorded videos: 1, 2.

Also by assists are we talking single-move assists or full realtime character switching?
Temporary switching. In the stream (which showed Practice mode), it seems to last until the Slave is hit after the Perfect Possession gauge is depleted.

I doubt it, otherwise it would mean 15.5 is releasing after 16, which would likely cause massive confusion.
Touhou 7.5 IaMP was released half a year after Touhou 8 IN.

With that said, things have greatly changed over the years. Touhou's story is now tightly woven between games and manga, so it's harder to imagine there being such a huge timeline gap happening today. We might be able to better infer how close the game is from completion based on tomorrow's demo.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:23:01 PM by cuc »

I missed the stream. Is story mode free pair, or just practice mode? If it's story mode.... good luck tasofro lol.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

cuc

Yes, I can confirm Unabara said "25 percent" when asked about completion.

Since Tasofro is a small team that can't divide themselves on multiple games the way huge developers can, the real production of AoCF probably began almost immediately after they wrapped up ULiL PS4 (they started the project before that, according to a Strange Creators interview). Which means it took them less than 5 months to reach 25%. And the remaining tasks don't have to take the same amount of time to complete. Still...

I don't think they can make it to Autumn Reitaisai.

EDIT: And this means for the purpose of the non-game media, either AoCF will have to take place after HSiFS, or they will have to dodge the topic of what transpired in AoCF.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:24:33 AM by cuc »

Anyway, it's 7th already here lol, but a few more hours, then I could see the demo. I missed the stream T.T

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Throws being a thing is going to be huge, because it makes offense and mixups a thing now. Now we can mix it up between projectile/melee/throw pressure.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
okay now i have some hope in tasfro they're not just THROWing away hopes and drea-

i'll show myself out.

Here's a link to the vod of the stream for those who missed it:  http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv294989011

AoCF demo gameplay begins at around 1:11:30.

CyberAngel

• Retired
I just love how Reisen's hair is longer than her full height now.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
ZUN was right when he said visuals are very important this time.
Title screen, character select and HUD overall look beatiful.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzUHjR6Ve4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzUHjR6Ve4

I find the "revealed background" effect on Spellcards interesting.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
i just woke up, what i missed??
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:48:32 PM by Nebulae--Addict »
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

In addition to all the Possession gauge stuff that's already been detailed in this thread, holding down B continually fires a modest spray of projectiles now. I know next to squat about fitegame strategy so I don't know if that actually makes a difference gameplay-wise, but it looks cool so I love it.

I find the "revealed background" effect on Spellcards interesting.
That just seems to be a problem with the greenscreen they're using for the broadcast. The background showing through is the one behind the guy during the last second of the video.

What was that thing Reimu did when she blocked, the background dimmed, and she exploded? Well, I guess not exploded, but you know what I mean. It seemed like she was invincible for a second, since Reisen's bullets passed through. Marisa also jumped out of a block and there was an effect.

What was that thing Reimu did when she blocked, the background dimmed, and she exploded? Well, I guess not exploded, but you know what I mean. It seemed like she was invincible for a second, since Reisen's bullets passed through. Marisa also jumped out of a block and there was an effect.

That appears to be some sort of guard cancel switch. Speaking of mechanics, in addition to normal throws, we also appear to have throw escapes, as seen in the 1:15 mark.

Recorded videos: 1, 2.
Temporary switching. In the stream (which showed Practice mode), it seems to last until the Slave is hit after the Perfect Possession gauge is depleted.
Thanks for the links!
Fascinating new mechanics. Looking forward to the shenanigans.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

So Border Escape returns? And I assume the white HP is similar to Immaterial and Missing Power where declaring a Spell Card recovers the other HP bar.