Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 518187 times)

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
Then again, many tag team fighters tend to have a single character as a final boss. Example would be like in Street Fighter X Tekken, where the final boss is either Akuma or Ogre.  Not the two at the same time, one or the another.

But they're still two bosses in that game... Maybe there are two new characters, and you fight with them separately in the others story mode (Like how you fighted with Iku first then with Tenshi in SWR) but they're a team in their story mode?
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Hmmm...dumb speculation time. 

Spoiler:
This incident's origin might be related to Sumireko.  I think someone else has latched on to the rumor spread by her "humaning away" effect from WaHH and is taking it as far as they can with the Urban Legend power.  I really don't expect Lunarians involved.

Though if it's a duo tag system, and flowers are a thing of note...Yuuka teamed with herself for penultimate boss?  That'd definitely explain why the villagers are flipping out.  The final's got to be a new character or characters, of course, that's just how ZUN does it.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

*sniff* it smells nasty, Yukarin gonna be in this mess.

No she isn't.

She said she wasn't interested in the Urban Legend stuff in Marisa's LOLK ending.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
No she isn't.

She said she wasn't interested in the Urban Legend stuff in Marisa's LOLK ending.

Damn! i just wanna say it! i thought it was a chance! damn you old man

edit : sorry about that, i didn't mean to say "damn" to you old man
I meant to say "Yukarin complicated anyway" in effort to avoid off topic
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:52:27 PM by MANoBadAssGar »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Since the title contains 依, it is reasonable to expect Yorihime (依姫) this time. In fact, the name of Tamayorihime, the dragon princess/priestess-goddess she is based on, means "the Noblewoman (hime) Possessed (yori) by Spirits (tama)." Being a vessel for spirits is exactly the goddess' specialty, and consequently Yorihime's.

But we are talking Touhou here. If you expect Yorihime, an all-new character may be what you get.No, ULiL is not needed.

Also the ULiL PS4 story
Spoiler:
specially stated that all users of Occult Balls are vulnerable to the effect.
Remember when some people expected Shinki in HM because the Japanese title contains a character found in her name?

Tag Team Touhou oh boy.
I wonder how the gameplay will look. Tekken-style character switching, or Marvel-style assists? Or both?
If the combo system holds up, the game will look pretty crazy, and that'd be really cool.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

I wonder what they are going to do for the music.
Will they reused the remixed tracks from ULiL?
Will they ask more artists to remix tracks for the new characters?

It be cool to see the same soundtrack remixed again, but I can see that being more of a hassle than just reusing tracks.

I'll bet the final boss we're going to fight the other one in our team-up somehow, before fighting the clone of the duo, before facing down on the boss. That would definitively be appropriated with the theme.

Edit: Hopefully ZUN could deliver it though. The idea of a tag-team fighting game have too much potential to be used, it's maybe too hard to program it.

About the Duo itself though:
1. Reimu/ Marisa
2. Miko/Hijiri
3. Kokoro/Koishi
4.  Kaguya / Mokou
5.  Kasen / Sumireko

other are pretty much too at odd at each other to think of a proper pair-up.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 04:37:19 AM by andykhang »

Duos speculation:

1. Reimu/Sukuna - they already live together basically.
2. Marisa/Nitori - history. Besides, Reimu/Marisa together is way too op and unlikely story-wise.
3. Ichirin/Hijiri
4. Futo/Miko - obvious pairs.
5. Kokoro/Koishi
6. Kasen/Mamizou
7. Mokou/Sumireko - friendsies!
8. Reisen/?

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
If it's going to be something like counterpart pairing, i think Kasen would be with Mamizou. Sumireko is lackeys

I think it's right to expect Kaguya, along with Wriggle, or only one of them. Hisoutensoku wiki said ZUN had planned for them.

Spiritual/Mystic
Buddhist/Taoist (boy, freakin hilarious lmao)
Buddhist lackeys/Taoist lackeys (even more hilarious lmfao)
Deceitfull Tanuki/Goody-Goody Hermit-in-Name
Not actually Rei-Ayanami expy/2015 popularity poll 1st place
Water/Fire
Dream Glassess Girl/Illusionist Long Ear Girl

How much do you wanna bet that its going to be characters that NO ONE expected?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Nimono

• wat
Somehow, I get the feeling that the title will make perfect sense in the end, but in a way we'd NEVER be able to come up with until we see the story. Like "Hopeless Masquerade". I don't think many people here called that the plot of it was a menreiki (masquerade) stealing hope (hopeless) in order restore her lost mask of hope!

The plot already has me in its clutches. I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
My flipping brain if Yuuka moe gonna be one of them.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe

About the Duo itself though:
4.  Kaguya / Mokou

other are pretty much too at odd at each other to think of a proper pair-up.

... :U

In the end, though, all this speculation will be completely thrown out the window when the new characters are announced and we find out none of them make any sense and ZUN/Tasofro just added them because they thought it'd be cool.

game2011

• mineiptXD
4chan's already trashing this game like it's already out.  Touhou is already dead to them.

Somehow I almost feel like Medicine is more likely to be involved than Yuuka.

If Yuuka is in the game, it would be neat to see her paired with Doremy as a Dream World team, even though I realize Doremy's probably pretty unlikely.

4chan's already trashing this game like it's already out.  Touhou is already dead to them.
what else is new

game2011

• mineiptXD
Somehow I almost feel like Medicine is more likely to be involved than Yuuka.

If Yuuka is in the game, it would be neat to see her paired with Doremy as a Dream World team, even though I realize Doremy's probably pretty unlikely.
what else is new
Makes me wonder if ULIL's reveal had such an overwhelming negative reaction here, how bad was the reaction there.  This place is taking this game nicely.

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
Makes me wonder if ULIL's reveal had such an overwhelming negative reaction here, how bad was the reaction there.  This place is taking this game nicely.

Well, 4chan only like the Touhou games that are Danmaku, they act a lot more violent and they have more trolls, haters and other awful things. There are rules here that aren't in 4chan, that's why is so chaotic there and here is much more smoother and pacific.
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
I just had a thought about something...

Kosuzu recently got a musical theme, believe it or not, and she had been possessed before in FS, so maybe maybe the final boss is someone who's possessing Kosuzu? I know that the ones who used the Occult Orbs are the ones vulnerable here, but it would not surprise me if this actually happened, given Kosuzu's habit of accidentally stirring up trouble...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
Playable Kosuzu, that's something I want to believe.

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
... :U

In the end, though, all this speculation will be completely thrown out the window when the new characters are announced and we find out none of them make any sense and ZUN/Tasofro just added them because they thought it'd be cool.

It might be this or another one of those instances where a character(s) is added based on a remark, dialogue scene or something obscure in one of the print works. This is how Koishi got in HM after all. As for Kosuzu, I could imagine her fighting with books which she opens to do various effects although that would involve inserting something completely new that hasn't been established and I guess there's no way she'd want to risk damaging the books.  :V
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:08:36 AM by Jeremie »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

PK

• Border of Whatever

Windows Yuuka has no relation to dreams or the Dream World whatsoever, tho.

Also, unless something changed, Sumireko should be unable to visit Gensokyo physically, and outside her sleep time.

Adding Rumia, Wriggle, and Kaguya, would finally complete Soku's initial idea.

Is it somehow confirmed to have playable teams? Otherwise i'm guessing you only have teams as opponents when playing the story.

The rumors about this unbeatable enemy are similar to how Taisui Xingjun in Soku was also supposedly invincible. Probably a call back?

game2011

• mineiptXD
Well, 4chan only like the Touhou games that are Danmaku, they act a lot more violent and they have more trolls, haters and other awful things. There are rules here that aren't in 4chan, that's why is so chaotic there and here is much more smoother and pacific.
I still remember how much chaos and negativity there was here when ULIL's gameplay was revealed.  Someone even cried Christmas is ruined...  Surprised the same hasn't happened for this game.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:16:36 AM by game2011 »

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
And then people realised many of the issues they had with Hopeless Masquerade were eliminated, except for those who didn't even want to try.  :V

Know that this girl is very powerful right now. Almost enough to tear right through time! Oh, were it true~ (The power of this enthusiasm--!  :getdown:)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:19:53 AM by PapilLionesskort »
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
I mean, I'm never particularly enthusiastic about fighting game spin-offs, and even less this time around because it's like the third in such a short time (fourth if you include the ULiL re-release, I guess) 
But the playable roster might make me change my mind (or make me meh even further, depending.)

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
For the record, my one favourite thing from this series, other than the soundtrack, is character interaction. Competitive fighters are perfect for that purpose. :V

So when ZUN said he had a new game in the works, is it safe to assume this is what he was talking about? Or should we expect another announcement sometime this month?
"It could be either, depending on how you interpret it. technically, he *has* been working on this game, though he hasn't been a part of the gameplay development. :3 Hopefully we do get another double release!"
Nevermind, this was a response to a comment by Tresser on page one. I sleep good~
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:36:09 AM by Helepolis »
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

I'm going to make a guess and say one of the teams is Reimu/Mokou, since we already saw them switching places in ULiL extra.

As for the new old characters, I'd guess at least one person from LoLK, maybe 2 since we have the team system. Junko would be interesting to see, Clownpiece is already getting some spotlight in the manga and would also be interesting to see, I can't imagine how Hecatia would play but she's the next one I'd imagine.

I'd expect
Spoiler:
read: hope
Nue and/or Seija too, though I expected them last game and that didn't happen.

ZUN's recent return to the old games makes me think we might be getting a character from 6-9, though I feel like he's already given the IN crew their spotlight.

I don't think the pairs are going to be obvious a la Reimu/Marisa or Ichirin/Byakuren, so I don't really have guesses on that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 04:17:34 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Although story mode will most certainly be concrete pairs, I wouldn't be surprised if normal play lets you mix n' match.

It could go either way though (If all play is concrete teams there may be some duo moves, such as a finisher ala last words)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Fixed teams would be horrible and I don't think they will go that way.
Even if the system allowed you to just play one character all the time with no penalty, that would be a terrible waste of potential.

That said, there are a lot of possibilities to consider when designing a tag team system. Would the characters have separate life bars or a shared one - and if separate, will the loss of one team member equal KO or not? How vital will switching out be to resource management? If not very vital, then will simple ULiL-style 1v1 battles be a viable option for Versus Mode? If vital, then what kind of variety will it bring to the gameplay? Switchout moves? Tag cancels? Assists? Combo breakers? Some character-dependent passive benefits on switch like in Ougon Musou Kyoku? There is a lot to consider.

Too bad a hypothetical 2 player vs 2 player mode is unlikely, if for the sheer hassle that would bring to configuring the keybinding on PC. That would be an incredibly sweet PvP option...

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Has there been any confirmation this is a tag battle/two character system?  Or is that just speculation based on the limited info given?