Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520147 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Link doesn't go anywhere.

Drake

The content is essentially this posting of Tasofro's circle cut:
https://twitter.com/A_kotiya/status/849036976175042561

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
?It's too early to start with the annual Mima jokes? I'd rather not but at this point is just a meme.

Like Reisen.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Found this official(?) art while strolling around a Taiwanese forum (Drake's link went dead on my PC, so I can't see if its the same pic as this one):

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/coleblog/imgs/5/a/5a6e04ae.jpg

(Yes, I know the link goes to a Japanese website, but I stumbled upon it in the aforementioned Taiwanese forum)

Drawn by Twilight Frontier, and tagged as Antinomy of Common Flowers.

That's Reimu...with a ghost tail instead of human legs...
Even if that's not Mima taking on Reimu's appearance, the ghost tail could be a clue to what the final boss of AoCF might be, species wise.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:00:31 AM by Lt Colonel Summers »
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Unless we know the source of the picture, I'm more in #TeamFake. It looks like fanart because, if I'm looking at other names beside it, it gives me that vibe.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Unless we know the source of the picture, I'm more in #TeamFake. It looks like fanart because, if I'm looking at other names beside it, it gives me that vibe.

The artist name tagged on the picture is tagged as Twilight Frontier. The Renko picture directly below is tagged as Azuma Aya, and the art style is consistent with WAHH. So its very unlikely to be fanart.
In addition, what would inspire a fanartist to draw Reimu, of all people, with a ghost tail, for no apparent reason? This makes it even less likely to be fake.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
It's the same as the one in here:
The content is essentially this posting of Tasofro's circle cut:

The source for that photo is from the Event Catalogue of Reitaisai 14, which will be released on April 8th
https://twitter.com/HakureijinjyaS/status/848785809079541760
https://twitter.com/HakureijinjyaS/status/848795525541380096
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=212690

Some people have received a copy early, and a photo of the participating Circle Lists got leaked.
https://twitter.com/rikatantan/status/848407000744472576

The circle lists feature respective circles' circle cut, which is usually a preview/tease of what their new works will be.
And like Drake has mentioned, Tasofro's circle cut features a Ghostly Reimu with AoCF title.

It's true that there's no way for me to assure you that it can't be a fake art, but there is a source where you may find that info.

To be absolutely sure, then you have to get the catalogue and check it yourself. Those that will attend the event like N-Forza and Helepolis should get theirs by the 8th, so you can try asking them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:05:02 AM by monhan »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
The artist name tagged on the picture is tagged as Twilight Frontier. The Renko picture directly below is tagged as Azuma Aya, and the art style is consistent with WAHH. So its very unlikely to be fanart.
In addition, what would inspire a fanartist to draw Reimu, of all people, with a ghost tail, for no apparent reason? This makes it even less likely to be fake.
The same reason someone drew this:
https://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59204697

But yeah, I do think it's real.

Drake

Is it supposed to be strange that it's Reimu with a ghostly tail? The whole theme of the game is the body possession, which we already know seems to happen when a dream soul enters another body, or at least a similar mechanism. It already fits thematically...

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Yeah, and since it's directly from the catalog (advance copies were sold last weekend at a Touhou event in Nagoya), the cut is legit.

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
Is it supposed to be strange that it's Reimu with a ghostly tail? The whole theme of the game is the body possession, which we already know seems to happen when a dream soul enters another body, or at least a similar mechanism. It already fits thematically...

And yet, we can expect one or two newcomers have an ability to transfer one soul to another body.

Even if that's not Mima taking on Reimu's appearance, the ghost tail could be a clue to what the final boss of AoCF might be, species wise.

Either another ghost like Yuyuko, or maybe the game will introduce a new species such as homunculus.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:30:45 PM by OrbOrigin »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Some new ghost 2hu would be pretty cool actually.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
OK, ok guys, proving me wrong once was enough >.<

I didn't even know that this kind of book existed. Geez.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
OK, ok guys, proving me wrong once was enough >.<

I didn't even know that this kind of book existed. Geez.

It's not like anyone was rude to you in their responses. They just calmly pointed out that the cut isn't fake, is all.

Anyway, where's th16? I'm itching to try out something new.

game2011

• mineiptXD
It's not like anyone was rude to you in their responses. They just calmly pointed out that the cut isn't fake, is all.

Anyway, where's th16? I'm itching to try out something new.
ZUN tends to be quiet about his games until week before release.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
ZUN said he's working on it. I'm expecting it this year, maybe it's trial during Reitaisai and full version for Comiket right after.

game2011

• mineiptXD
I remember him saying it will be out before 15.5.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Speaking of it, did he actually specify it was a game the thing he was working on? Because if he only said he was doing "something" then maybe he was talking about Alternative Facts and not a game.

Drake

To sum up some evidence, ZUN made some comments back in November's Nikenme Radio that suggested he was working on a game. He's also said before that his dev cycles are usually about four months of work, which corresponds roughly to a spring release. Then in January's Nikenme, he said he would be releasing something at Reitaisai. Lastly, when he tweeted about Poripori Club last week he was mildly irritated that he was invited abruptly despite being in crunch time.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Thank you, good to know!

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
I just felt people just... put more and more "Shame on you to think that it's fake!"
That's the feeling I get but I would understand that nobody wanted to do that.

And now we return to the topic...

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
I just felt people just... put more and more "Shame on you to think that it's fake!"
That's the feeling I get but I would understand that nobody wanted to do that.

And now we return to the topic...

shhh~ look on the bright siiiide

if you didn't make that mistake, we wouldn't have had the current discussions that we had now !

but... back tew the topic...

AoCF hype?
yawn...

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
I'm honestly not that hyped. I'm more of a shooter person, and the fighting game controls in general are really floaty or require precise inputs, both in the IaMP engine and the HM engine. HM and on not so much, since spells are declared like specials in Smash Bros, but the usual attacks still require complicated inputs.

This is also the 3rd fighting game in 3 game numbers (13.5, 14.5, 15.5). I'm getting a little sick of fighting games and just waiting for TH16 and new shooters to come out.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
The picture wants me to have the character you are not playing as float next to the character as a ghost.

Spoiler:
Also to have Tojiko as a playable character. Double the ghost, triple the tail

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Imo, I'm looking forward to the lore it brings. After all, I'm in the Touhou fandom mainly for the mangas and the lore haha.

I'm honestly not that hyped. I'm more of a shooter person, and the fighting game controls in general are really floaty or require precise inputs, both in the IaMP engine and the HM engine. HM and on not so much, since spells are declared like specials in Smash Bros, but the usual attacks still require complicated inputs.

This is also the 3rd fighting game in 3 game numbers (13.5, 14.5, 15.5). I'm getting a little sick of fighting games and just waiting for TH16 and new shooters to come out.
Huh? HM and ULiL don't have "complicated" fighter inputs. All the usual attacks are a single direction and a button, just like Smash. I don't expect AoCF to be any different.
Also what do you mean by floaty? Input lag can be solved by disabling VSync and/or playing Windowed, and airdashes allow for very flexibile mobility.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:22:49 AM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
The lore + sprites + maybe music?? is definitely why anyone's excited since the game itself is 99% likely to be a dumpster fire, even for fighting game enthusiasts.

HM was a awful foundation, and then ULiL completely failed to do anything meaningful to salvage it. They have merit as con games, but there's absolutely no lasting appeal since Tasofro either refuses to or is incapable of balancing a lane-based fighter.

I really want to be surprised by ACoF, but their track record has been so awful I'm starting to wonder if Hisoutensoku was just a fluke :(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
IMO 'soku still was a big step back from IaMP other than being more accessible; yes, the accessibility of play was nice (IaMP could be pretty tough to learn, I won't beat around that bush), but I really didn't like having to draw my MAIN SKILLS from a random deck of cards and not even be able to start with them, weather was a thing (typhoon...), and I recall complaints about stuff like wrongblock being implemented in a dumb fashion where it's almost better for the person blocking, along with other things. But my main gripe was definitely the card deck- customization was cool, but I'd much rather have it HM-style (for all it's flaws, that part wasn't bad) where I'm just choosing what it is and that's that.

But, well, 'soku was still playable long-term. HM was a mess and ULiL, well... ULiL was -better- but it still wasn't exactly a great game. It was at least refined enough to be more reliably enjoyable but the system was still not exactly terribly great. It was a good improvement, but the starting point was so bad. :T

Unfortunately we can pretty much confirm they're keeping all the sprites they made since they're keeping current cast and adding onto it, which means the characters need to be flying again. It's possible they just keep it thematically mid-air but remove the "below-ground" lane entirely, I suppose. More likely we'll be hoping they find a way to make the system more fun, once again. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! Regardless of what happens I'll be giving it the good 'ol try and learning a couple characters, and I'll see how it goes.

Tasofro's not bad at making fighters, but the problem is just their great desire to make a doofy flying fighter. They said in an interview they satisfied that itch with making ULiL from HM feedback, so, we'll see.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
I just want a way to disable random stuff during a match. I was quite satisfied with ULiL, really, I liked labbing it and finding combos, and Shinmyoumaru is in it, so I couldn't really complain.