Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 518185 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Here's how slave attacks work. If you just did a melee or bullet attack, and are holding 6, the slave will execute a tag-attack on swap-in; there is a special ground melee, air melee, and bullet tag for each slave. (The ground melees pretty much all hurl the opponent into the air, which can be somewhat inconvenient) Holding 6 and tagging during your spellcard also allows you to double-spellcard.

If you're doing a C special, you can tag into ANY of your slave's C specials by holding the appropriate direction while tagging. Or no direction, for 5c. So you can totally tag from 2C into 6C or whatever.

Generally, you can cancel your attacks with a tag-swap, so you don't have to wait 'til they're over. However some attacks will require hitting the opponent (or getting blocked) before tagging out is allowed.

By the way, it costs 50% of your tag meter to tag into attacks, or to tag out of blockstun. (As the slave, your meter will slowly run down 50% instead of instantly dropping) If you don't have at least 50%, you can't do it. Also, tag-swap combos do much less damage when your meter is low. There's no damage penalty on attacking as the slave outside of a master-into-slave tag combo, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
I see.  Well that's a helpful reference at least, past my issue alone.
I was using Byakuren/Reimu, and was attempting this combo: 5aaaa - 8c - 8 - tag - 6c
So if C attacks tag into other C attacks, that must mean I was pressing it too early, since it would be during the 8c animation.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
You have some time after the attack ends (roughly a second or so) where you can still tag into another C attack (or melee/bullet tags, in those cases), so the timing is pretty lenient for tag attacks. You don't need to cancel during the attack to get the link. (If anything, Reimu's 6C won't land after Byakuren's 8C unless you -do- wait a moment after it finishes)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

So what's the general opinion of the fighting game community about this game? I'm not planning on playing it, just curious.

So what's the general opinion of the fighting game community about this game? I'm not planning on playing it, just curious.

Warm - from what I have seen people are fond of the gameplay and many call it the first "good floater". Ofc people are miffed about the lack of proper story mode + the classic shitty old netplay but once those issues are fixed AoCF has the right to be called a very good game.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Update 1.03 has been released today.

Important changes include background settings, and some network additions (Player names and rooms).

Man, it's really annoying that even with 1.03 I still can't get to play with my best friend ingame.  The connection dings when we try to connect to each other, but instead of going to the character select screen after the connection 'ding!' happens, it just goes back to the netplay screen. 

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Man, it's really annoying that even with 1.03 I still can't get to play with my best friend ingame.  The connection dings when we try to connect to each other, but instead of going to the character select screen after the connection 'ding!' happens, it just goes back to the netplay screen. 

This only happens if the connection between you two is too weak, which normally results in a black screen until one of the people back out (and then it'll send the other person back to the netplay screen).

Good thing the game came with an updater, because I keep getting some "server busy, try again later!" bullshit every time I try to download the installer from Tasofro's page. It's been a day, this is really dumb.

That said, my frustration is outweighted by the fact that not only are the 2D backgrounds option is back, but they bothered to keep the bystanders when those are on. In HM everyone just mysteriously banishes but here you can still see the Prismrivers + Raiko playing in Concert Stage of the Sun.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Update 1.04 is out.

So was it all just balance changes?

The only difference I could spot from eyeballing it was that the slave bar now has some lines inside to divide the bar into four segments. Not sure if it's affecting gameplay, everything seemed to be behaving the same from what I could tell.

Among a few balance changes, slaves can now use their occult attacks too it seems!

Also they implemented spectating to ip-connected matches.

Also, it seems there is a change in the key config menu, you can now set a spellcards button (instead of pressing 2 buttons).

Unrelated to v1.04, it seems a full translation is confirmed: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585547561791316&set=a.103594589986618.1073741828.100010082312520&type=3&theater
(but it seems horizontal balloons are as much a pain for them than they are for me)

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
"Let's fight with a Perfect Possession Battle!"
That, kids, is what we call grammar.
Oh boy, translation's already looking great

Oh, subtitles. I would have expected something sloppy and ugly were it not for the pic, but that actually looks pretty good, IMO.

Also, it seems there is a change in the key config menu, you can now set a spellcards button (instead of pressing 2 buttons).

Unrelated to v1.04, it seems a full translation is confirmed: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585547561791316&set=a.103594589986618.1073741828.100010082312520&type=3&theater
(but it seems horizontal balloons are as much a pain for them than they are for me)

I'd be interested in seeing a thcrap translation variant with injected subtitles instead of horizontal text bubbles.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Wow, look better than expected. Was expecting Engrish, tbh.

tbh I don't really see anything wrong with the sentence in that image. Maybe it's just me

I'd be interested in seeing a thcrap translation variant with injected subtitles instead of horizontal text bubbles.
I could do something like, if English is selected in the game, use subtitles, and if Japanese is selected, use bubbles. Or add a separate "text in subtitles" patch.

Edit: just doing a separate patch seems like a better choice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:41:41 AM by brliron »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I expect a Koi-Koro team intro or I'll be sorely disappointed :colbert:

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I decided to wait until now to play through the story and I'm very glad that they brought back Yukari and Tenshi because their interactions with the other characters are really good. Also, Tenshi comes across as more of the brat she was intended to be in this game than SWR, partly because she isn't the last boss (technically) and partly because of Moe Haruka's art style.

It's hard for me to take tenshi seriously with that portrait.. but i find it adorable

reminds of Alphes' take on futo for HM

Drake

ZUN just revealed at Nikenme that the following update should see the inclusion of the English translation, as well as an Extra mode.

EDIT: Unabara says it isn't quite an Extra mode.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:36:44 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Poison Cat

Also, it looks like Kasen will get a spellcard in Futo+Ichirin story: https://twitter.com/unabara/status/979332929141727232

Drake

He said missing boss attacks will be filled in. So there might be more than just that one.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ZUN just revealed at Nikenme that the following update should see the inclusion of the English translation, as well as an Extra mode.

EDIT: Unabara says it isn't quite an Extra mode.

T I M E  T O  F I L L  UP  M Y  S T E A M  W A L L E T

PK

• Border of Whatever
AoCF OST at Reitaisai, 6th of May.
http://tasofro.net/touhou155/cd.html

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
AoCF OST at Reitaisai, 6th of May.
http://tasofro.net/touhou155/cd.html

As an OST collector, this has me insanely hyped.  AoCF's soundtrack is kickass.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)