Author Topic: Epic Touhou Pokemon Quest  (Read 118848 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Epic Touhou Pokemon Quest
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 10:22:50 PM »
> "... Okay, get it. Ugh... why I'm always out of the things that Lady Yuyuko and Lady Yukari do? There are moments I feel I'm just filler..."
> Sigh.
> "Alright. I guess I have to choose, then..."
> Turn to the table with the objects.
>You turn to the objects. Nothing has changed.

>Look at the other heroines.
>"I hope you guys weren't planning on doing anything today."
>"Hope you weren't planning anything either." says Sakuya.
>"I wasn't really planning on much," says Cirno, "But this thing seems like it's definitely more funner to do than anything I could've planned."

> "Because I think we will have a looot things to do..."
> Take the Danny-Slicers.
> "This is my decision, Lady Yukari."
Maybe, before taking this DNA thing that, judging from Ms. Reisen's reaction, can be dangerous, we should see if there's a safer option?

>"Umm... What are the rest of the items supposed to be? Like the feather, or that goggles-like thing, or the bracelets..?"
>You refrain from taking the DNA Splicer once more.

>"Well, I do believe the goggles is called a Silph Scope, or something similar." Yukari replies, "And the people of the other world refer to those bracelets as a 'Mega Ring' and a 'Z Ring' respectively. As for the feather, they call it a 'Rainbow Wing.' Quite a silly name, since it's obviously not a full wing at all..."

>"Hey! Don't think about taking that headgear thingy! I call dibs!" Cirno blurts out.
>"You do know that calling dibs means nothing here, right?" says Reisen, "It's first come, first served..."
>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 11:27:39 PM »
//Guess I have to double wait for opinions, lol.

> "Do any of those things have an effect... uh... less "incredible" like this DNA thing? If they even have one, of course."
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 11:53:07 PM »
//Guess I have to double wait for opinions, lol.

> "Do any of those things have an effect... uh... less "incredible" like this DNA thing? If they even have one, of course."
>"Well, the bracelets seem to be some kind of amplifiers, though I'll let whoever picks them figure out the details of their usage." Yukari explains, "The scope is apparently a ghost detector, and the watch's use should be obvious, I'll be disappointed if you have no idea what it does. The last two items don't really have special functions, though that case is used to store a specific kind of food found in the other world."
>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 12:04:14 AM »
> "G-Ghost detector?"
> Look at the scope.
> "... So, that thing might detect Myon? Why would someone want this?"
> Look at Marisa.
> "It indeed sounds like something she would choose..."

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

Actually Myon's a phantom, which is different from a ghost in Gensokyo.

>"L-lady Yukari, does this also pick up Phantoms?"
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 05:27:21 AM »
> "G-Ghost detector?"
> Look at the scope.
>You examine the Silph Scope, it looks odd and bulky. It'll probably look ridiculous on whoever decides to wear it...

> Look at Marisa.
> "It indeed sounds like something she would choose..."
>You eye Marisa, prompting her to raise an eyebrow in response.

>"L-lady Yukari, does this also pick up Phantoms?"
>"I'm not sure." Yukari replies, "Possibly."
>_
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:59:14 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 03:07:54 PM »
> "... Well, it seems that the most "normal" things here are the watch, that case... and probably the feather..."

> Player opinions~.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 05:03:46 PM »
> "... Well, it seems that the most "normal" things here are the watch, that case... and probably the feather..."
>You look at the case, watch, and feather and decide that they're probably the most normal items here. The question is will you choose one of them? Or one of the more "odd" items?

> Player opinions~.
>Waiting warmly.
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 05:09:18 PM »
Feather could be a fun item, plenty of non-game-mechanic utility there.
Seeing as how Youmu is afraid of ghosts, the ghost detector might be more anxiety-inducing than helpful.

I think we should choose an item we're going to use, and I do not think Youmu would want to go around splicing DNA.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
//Yeah, the DNA it's just not something for Youmu (If we picked Reisen or Marisa that might work.) but still can be used for the lulz.
Also, I didn't wanted to pick any "Generation 6 onwards" items because I didn't played any of those :getdown:

So, the most likely options are the feather and the other two I mentioned?

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 07:23:17 PM »
Youmu is someone who appreciates the simple, ordinary things in life.  So I think she'd choose something like that, which agrees well with your consensus of items.  If I had to pick specifically I'd say the watch, but that's mostly down to metagaming about Legendaries, so feel free to disregard.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 07:26:01 PM »
//Well, the Splicer and the bracelets all sound like they are a big and weird cat in a bag (either "it only works only on a few creatures who we may or may not find and might be dangerous" or "that's for you to find out" from Yukari), and the Scope is ghost-related, so I'd say yes, feather, watch and case are most likely.
Out of them, watch sounds like the most generic choice - some general utility, but not much to do with it; case seems like a bit less utility, but something may come out of that "specific kind of food"; and feather is a mystery option - apparently no functions, but it wouldn't be offered if it was just a pretty trinket, either...
Watch sounds like there's not much to come out of it, and feather is basically a "That's a surprise!" from Yukari - something that might be better to stay away from. Maybe the case?
(Note: I actually don't have any idea what any of those items do in the games, so take all of this with salt)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »
Youmu is someone who appreciates the simple, ordinary things in life.

// More like Half-Life (Pun unintended)

// Given we all have different opinions, and that we might disagree if someone else choose X item, I think we need to start a votation between:

> The feather (Generation 2)
> The case (Generation 3)
> The watch (Generation 4)

> My vote it's for the watch.

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 08:01:41 PM »
Seeing as how Youmu is afraid of ghosts, the ghost detector might be more anxiety-inducing than helpful.
You sure? Youmu probably would like to have something that might stop ghosts from sneaking up on her.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 08:04:05 PM »
You sure? Youmu probably would like to have something that might stop ghosts from sneaking up on her.

// Probably she start to get nervous and don't know what to do before she can stop them.

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
//Well, I doubt someone afraid of ghosts would take an item that'd allow that person to see ghosts. That's kind of like if a person afraid of spiders picked up spider-detecting glasses. And I'd imagine the result would be less "whew, at least I can watch them" and more "oh god they are everywhere".
And the main problem with Silph Scope is that there's not much fun with it, since if you don't go to ghost-infested places, it's worthless. And I don't think Youmu is the type to go there.

//As for the vote, the only one I am against is the feather. I'm still leaning a bit more towards the case, so I'll stick with voting for it.

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »
Eh, okay good point on the ghost goggles.

>If it's represented by a Ghost thing, then that means that place must have a lot of ghosts! No on that I guess.

I'd say the case.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2016, 11:00:57 PM »
> Feather: 0
> Case: +1 (Searinox)
> Watch: +3 (Tashi, O4rfish, The Old Guy)

> You guys are fine if tomorrow ends the votation? If so: parser, at any hour of tomorrow you can parse the option with more votes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:36:29 AM by Tashi »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2016, 11:50:12 PM »
I'll say Watch

Edit: after looking at Bulbapedia, the case looks less like a chainsaw and more like a Pez dispenser. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:55:34 PM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2016, 01:00:13 AM »
> You guys are fine if tomorrow ends the votation? If so: parser, at any hour of tomorrow you can parse the option with more votes.
//Tomorrow in your locale or in mine?
>Waiting warmly.

//Also, for the record, in the event of a tie I will flip a coin and choose one at random.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 01:26:27 AM »
//Tomorrow in your locale or in mine?
>Waiting warmly.

//Also, for the record, in the event of a tie I will flip a coin and choose one at random.

// In your local time for more comfort for you :)
// Also, yeah, I was thinking to propose that too.

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 01:34:58 AM »
Actually, i change my mind, Youmu would probably find the Case too weird looking.

Clock it is.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
>If it's represented by a Ghost thing, then that means that place must have a lot of ghosts! No on that I guess.
>You decide that you'd rather not go to a place that potentially has a ton of ghosts. So you decide against the Silph Scope.

> Feather: 0
> Case: +1 (Searinox)
> Watch: +3 (Tashi, O4rfish, The Old Guy)
>After some careful deliberation, you grab the watch and tell Yukari that you choose it.

>"Hmm, interesting choice. I honestly expected Sakuya to go for that one." says Yukari, "Anyway, since you've decided, it's about time I send you off. Have a nice trip."
>You suddenly find yourself falling into a gap.

>...

>When you pick yourself off the ground, you find yourself in a small forest clearing, some items are set on a nearby table, probably the 'starter kit' Yukari mentioned.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »
>Examine what we have in the started kit.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2016, 06:59:28 PM »
>Examine what we have in the started kit.
>You look at the items on the table.
>There is a fishing rod, as well as a group of five, odd red and white balls. There are a couple of handheld devices as well, one of which is predominantly red in color, the other is smaller and is pink and white. There seem to be two sheets of paper, perhaps instruction manuals, underneath both of them. Nearby, you see what appears to be an instruction page for the watch as well.
>There is also some coins, as well as some kind of ticket. Additionally, there is a backpack which you could use to carry a lot of these.
>_

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2016, 07:06:54 PM »
>Examine items.
>>Check the manuals. Are they in language we can understand?
>>Is there anything written on the ticket? (If so, language...?)
>>Is there anything in the backpack?

>Look around.
>>Is there anything noteworthy around, aside from the table?
>>Is there anything that is particularly different from our world, like, say, red sky, blue grass, etc.?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2016, 07:54:26 PM »
>Examine items.
>You examine the items more closely.
>The fishing rod seems to be collapse-able and could easily be carried in the bag.
>The balls have a red upper half and a white lower one, separated by a black line in the middle. A white button is in the middle of the black line. You're not sure what these balls are for.
>Both of the devices seem to be flip-tops. The red one is broader and slightly bulkier while the pink and white one is more compact.

>>Check the manuals. Are they in language we can understand?
>You check the manuals, they seem to be readable.

>You read the one underneath the red device first:

Pokedex Operation Instructions:
The pokedex is a powerful database containing data on all 801 known pokemon. The data can be accessed in two ways:
1. Simply aim the pokedex at a pokemon and press the scan Button. The pokedex will scan the pokemon, bring up its corresponding page, and read its description out loud.
2. Manually look up the pokemon by scrolling through the database, categorized by region, with the navigation buttons.

Once a pokemon's entry has been brought up, additional details such as habitat, native range, known moves, variants, and more in-depth descriptions may be accessed with the navigation buttons.

The pokemon may also be used to check the known moves of your pokemon, to do so, simply aim the pokedex at an occupied pokeball and press the scan button.

>The rest of the manual goes over which buttons are which as well as visual guides to the steps above and breakdowns of the interface.

>You honestly don't know what these "pokemon" things it keeps referring to are. You assume they're the creatures Yukari mentioned.

>You move on to the one under the other handheld device:
Pokegear - Basic Operation
The pokegear's cell phone function activates automatically once the device is opened. A list of contacts is displayed, followed by a list of recent calls. These can be scrolled through with the arrow buttons on the lower half of the device. Additionally, numbers may be dialed manually.

>It then goes into detail on how to add numbers to contacts, dial, and block numbers. The next section reads as follows:
Upgrading your Pokegear
By default, the pokegear only comes with a cellphone function, however additional functions may be added via cards.

>It then goes on to explain how to upgrade with a card, as well as use and check the apps you have installed.

>You then read the last manual:
Dear consumer,
Congratulations on being the proud owner of a brand new Poketch! This top-quality wristwatch comes loaded with convenient features at the touch of a button. This guide will teach you how to get started.

>It goes on to explain that the watch you chose, called a Poketch, comes with four features by default, a clock, a pedometer, a calculator, and something called a "pokemon checker", and that they can be cycled through with the buttons to the right of the screen. It also shows how you can add new apps to it.

>You notice something written down at the end of the Poketch manual:
I advise you head to a place called "Sandgem Town" to start out, it should be nearby. There should be a Map Card for your region installed on that communication device I gave you, so you should check it should you get confused. You will not get any more assistance from me after this.
-Yukari Yakumo

>>Is there anything written on the ticket? (If so, language...?)
>Yes, and it is readable.
>It says:
Frequent Traveler Pass - Viable for one year.
Present to ferryman upon boarding.
Disclaimer: Promotion viable only for voyages between any of the following regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola.

>>Is there anything in the backpack?
>No.

>Look around.
>>Is there anything noteworthy around, aside from the table?
>>Is there anything that is particularly different from our world, like, say, red sky, blue grass, etc.?
>You look around, the place doesn't seem very different from Gensokyo. The sky is still blue and the grass looks green. The trees look normal. It does feel a bit chilly, though...
>You notice a flock of some kind of bird flying overhead, though they're too far away to make out any details.
>_
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:00:17 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »
> "Well, here I am..."
> Put everything in the bag, except the "Poketch" and the "Pokegear". If by any means there's no more space, let small things outside.
> Grab the watch and put it in our right wrist.
> Try to open this Pokegear thing without breaking it!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2016, 09:04:33 PM »
> "Well, here I am..."
> Put everything in the bag, except the "Poketch" and the "Pokegear". If by any means there's no more space, let small things outside.
> Grab the watch and put it in our right wrist.
>You put everything except the poketch and pokegear into the bag and equip the poketch on your right wrist.

> Try to open this Pokegear thing without breaking it!
>You attempt to open the pokegear and it flips open easily.
>As the manual said, a list of contacts is displayed on the screen on the top half. However, it is empty for now.
>_

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »
>"Alright, Lady Yukari said there is a map somewhere in here..."
>Check the apps for this "Map Card".