Author Topic: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 2)  (Read 48143 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 1)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »
Waaait. Was that because I didn't use a verb?

:derp: If it says to substitute a VERB, please substitute a VERB and not "any random word." :derp:

4/5 wish for a graveyard, yet there is no response...!

VOTECOUNT
BT (2): Old Guy, Serela
Serela (1): Conqueror
Conqueror (1): Dormio, BT
Old Guy (1): WindyKitsune
Raikaria (2): PX, L
Serela (1): Schezo
Schezo (1): Raikaria
Bardiche (0): You're all great, wonderful people and I want you to know I appreciate you.

Two days and two hours or so until the end of Day 1.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 09:48:06 PM »
@That Old Guy, WindyKitsune, and DaLetterEl
What's your previous mafia experience like? Want a quick baseline since I'm familiar with most of the other people playing.

Why do you feel the need to encourage people to wagon and praise them for doing so in RVS?.
Why not? How else will we get going in a 72-hour game?

oh wow I actually completely misinterpreted schezo's entire post

now this is going to look dumb because it's not like I have any better votes to make anyway >:V

##Vote:BT

because you were just... appeasing me without thinking for yourself, yes
##Unvote
##Vote Serela

All votes right now are trash almost by definition, so I think you're trying to overcompensate, Serela. Sad! :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
:C

Would you lynch this face?
Indubitably. The question is, would you?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:54 PM »
I'm just gonna say that Raikaria is intentionally adding extra obfuscation to his posts. Everyone else should play a bit before I go again though.

I fail to see how I am making my messages ambiguous. I call a vote on me potential OMGUS because the playerlist called the player L; and also say it';s not worth voting for it; since that in itself would be OMGUS.

I don't see how I'm being confusing about that.

And I certainly do not see how you can prove intent.

What I do see if you avoiding my question.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 10:11:13 PM »
What I do see is you avoiding my question.

Fixed.

Also forgot to point out you state 'posts' implying more than one. When I only made two posts and one was complete RVS.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 10:50:50 PM »
Seeing the need, I wrote a program to help me vote for this game.

Code: [Select]
import random, urllib

page = urllib.urlopen("http://svnweb.freebsd.org/csrg/share/dict/words?view=co&content-type=text/plain")
text = page.read().splitlines()
verb = text[int(random.random() * len(text))]
page.close()

if verb == "Unvote":
    print "Are you drunk?"
    raise SystemExit()

print "%s: %s" % (verb, "Serela")

I'm crossing my fingers.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 10:56:07 PM »
##Vote Raikaria

Something rubs me off about that response just now. The "are you pressuring people to wagon on RVS" question seemed like it'd go nowhere, and you're being more hostile than what that question warrants.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:01:04 PM by BT »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
Indubitably. The question is, would you?
Serious answer: yeah, probably, I would. Serelers folded a bit hard on the Schezo vote instead of just admitting it was a misunderstanding, plus the forced vote. Then again, I'm not in a hurry to read Serela.

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 11:19:49 PM »
@That Old Guy, WindyKitsune, and DaLetterEl
What's your previous mafia experience like? Want a quick baseline since I'm familiar with most of the other people playing.

I've played Mafia and variations before, but this is the first time i'm playing it on a forum.

Also i wish for a graveyard.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 02:03:22 AM »
Serious answer: yeah, probably, I would. Serelers folded a bit hard on the Schezo vote instead of just admitting it was a misunderstanding, plus the forced vote. Then again, I'm not in a hurry to read Serela.
I completely missed that someone got on the person Schezo voted, which actually made his post totally normal, so it'd be really weird if I like... admitted the vote was actually entirely misfounded and then -left my vote sitting there anyway-

But swapping to a vote that was supposed to be slightly meaningful to a jokevote is ;_; Even if it pretty much was still jokevote phase.

Amusingly though, let's revisit that vote. Raikaria's right in that Schezo just kind of made a vague comment and avoided actually responding to Raikaria's vote on him.
##Vote:Schezo
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:18 AM »
##Save: Bardiche
##Kill: Raikaria

Srsvote

Conqueror

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 07:53:05 AM »
I don't really see where Raikaria was being ambiguous, just a little overly wordy about something fairly insignificant (calling OMGUS on an RVS post, smh). Schezo, where do you see that?

I'm not inclined to think Schezo was deliberately avoiding a question since I feel like something that simple is so easily answered it's more likely he had to scram. I am interested in how he'll respond, I guess.

@Raikaria: About your initial question to Schezo, is there something scummy about encouraging wagons in RVS?

@Serela: Eh, but do you think that's scummy that he didn't respond directly? From my perspective, it looks like Raikaria asked Schezo a question (admittedly not very interesting but I guess it had potential to go somewhere), Schezo made a snappy and sarcastic comment in response and Raikaria got frustrated and is doubling down and starting to nitpick.

Conqueror

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 07:54:51 AM »
So I don't really think Raikaria being hostile is scummy atm.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 08:41:36 AM »
I'm not inclined to think Schezo was deliberately avoiding a question since I feel like something that simple is so easily answered it's more likely he had to scram. I am interested in how he'll respond, I guess.

@Raikaria: About your initial question to Schezo, is there something scummy about encouraging wagons in RVS?

I'm just attempting to pick up any thread I can to move things out of RVS and start actual discussion.

My initial vote wasn't a big one. Hence why I only used #Query. I thought that would get across that my reason for voting wasn't major.

It's not so much the encouragement of wagons but the praising of someone else for joining it. Although; in RVS; that is a very very minor thing, it was pretty much the only thing I could see to go on to start the actual game. Apparently; it worked!

Then I just refuted the accusation that I was 'intentionally adding extra obfuscation to his posts' and pointed out Schezo avoided answering my question while at the same time finding the time to attack me. Which in my mind is scummy; especially when the question was so minor to start with.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »
Ok here's the problem Raikaria.  I said you were adding obfuscation to your post that to me, looks intentional.  Just like in Ace Attorney Mafia you just did stuff like call players by their names but not the official name to add an extra little mental gymnastic to just think about who you are referring to in your posts.  I consider it the same thing.  So you doubling down on whatever OMGUS garbage you're talking about from RVS after I gave a little quip was my just, "I don't really like this but, as you admit":
.  If I were to respond to your question when I gave my quip about your post we'd still be in RVS.  That you wanna come after me when you are right, I did not know your intent, is heavy duty reaching that looks pretty mafia

Amusingly though, let's revisit that vote. Raikaria's right in that Schezo just kind of made a vague comment and avoided actually responding to Raikaria's vote on him.
Ok, Serela.  So, you're saying how Raikaria just attacked me, was genuine and coming from a not nefarious place? I disagree.

##Vote: Raikaria

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »
Reaching to try and move the game out of RVS is pretty mafia?

Attempting to get the game actually moving so we have real material to hunt scum with is a scum move?

What kind of logic is that? We could stay in RVS forever if you'd like. But that would only benefit scum.

And please, I didn't know his official name. The player list just said L. If you're going to lynch someone over that; lynch Bardiche. I didn't know who L was referring to and just made a jokevote in my obligatory RVS post. If you think that's obfuscation fine. I don't think we're going to get anywhere talking about obfuscation anymore.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
And if I just instantly responded to your question we'd still be in RVS so what is really going on here?  Vote Raikaria the mafia bois

Bardiche

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 01:07:51 PM »
From nowhere comes the rank smell of decaying and rotting flesh...
A graveyard has been constructed next to town.

VOTECOUNT
BT (1): Old Guy
Serela (1): Conqueror
Conqueror (1): Dormio
Old Guy (1): WindyKitsune
Raikaria (4): PX, L, BT, Schezo
Schezo (2): Raikaria, Serela
Bardiche (0): You're all great, wonderful people and I want you to know I appreciate you.

Two and a half-ish days left.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
Oh boy dead bodies!

Normally it's the kind of thing you try not to say but to be totally blunt either of you can be saintified by "I was trying to end RVS" but that entirely defeats the actual purpose of trying to end rvs. When the game just isn't progressing otherwise we have to pretend someone actually looks guilty for something that's excused by RVS. If I give both of you a pass for that I'm nearly back to RVS and that would be awful. :I

As for responding to Schezo, compared to everything else going on, yes, I think it looked like an actual decent reason!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:16 PM »
to add onto my second paragraph:It sounds bleh but generally it's fine because once the game starts moving, you can usually forget about the original dumb RVS shenanigans and move on to actual reasons. We've still got over half of D1 and let's be honest this happens most games and we just don't usually say it out loud :V

Conqueror

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »
Hmm. @mod, what's the rule on inactivity. Are there modkills or prods?

Bardiche

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »
Hmm. @mod, what's the rule on inactivity. Are there modkills or prods?

Not playing is a breach of rule 1, playing to win. Strategic lurking is a permitted gambit. To preserve strategic lurking, I'm going to look the other way.

Tl;dr it technically breaks the rules but I'll tentatively allow it unless it becomes problematic.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »
Two and a half-ish days left.
One and a half-ish, right?

I like Conq's format, think I'll copy it.

@Raikaria: what's your beef with Schezo right now? Schezo clears up a bunch of things for you in this post.

@Schezo: actually, I'm curious why you were cool with Serela's vote in that post. He goes "Schezo just kind of made a vague comment and avoided actually responding to Raikaria's vote" and you just take that in stride.

@Serela: what I just said. You better not be voting Schezo for deflecting Raikaria's question.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
My go-to lurker wagon is Dormio by the way. If I'm not happy with the trajectories in the above post, I'm starting a lurker wagon.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
Actually,

##Vote Serela

I prefer this vote.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
Nah if Serela honestly wants to say stuff like this:

Quote from: Serela 48
Normally it's the kind of thing you try not to say but to be totally blunt either of you can be saintified by "I was trying to end RVS" but that entirely defeats the actual purpose of trying to end rvs. When the game just isn't progressing otherwise we have to pretend someone actually looks guilty for something that's excused by RVS. If I give both of you a pass for that I'm nearly back to RVS and that would be awful. :I
and still vote me for some reason.  Like word?  This is a bunch of gobbltygook.  We left RVS a while ago and for imo pretty neat reasons and you think Raikaria is more in the right over my explanation as you said this after I clarified a few things.
Looks pretty maf.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »
Screw you, I'm busy with work. Just because I don't have to care about it as much doesn't mean that it doesn't eat up a bunch of my time and energy.
Anyway, I'm just going to add things to my post as I think of them while I read the thread.

I'm just gonna say that Raikaria is intentionally adding extra obfuscation to his posts. Everyone else should play a bit before I go again though.
I really hate posts like this. It's basically super non-committal and it reads to me like "Hey look at this guy for me and make a case while I'm gone so I can jump onto it".
Makes me tempted to vote for Schezo on that basis alone.
However, as I read through, I see that Schezo actually followed through and made a post for Raikaria in #44. Let's take a look at it.
Ok here's the problem Raikaria.  I said you were adding obfuscation to your post that to me, looks intentional.  Just like in Ace Attorney Mafia you just did stuff like call players by their names but not the official name to add an extra little mental gymnastic to just think about who you are referring to in your posts.  I consider it the same thing.  So you doubling down on whatever OMGUS garbage you're talking about from RVS after I gave a little quip was my just, "I don't really like this but, as you admit":
.  If I were to respond to your question when I gave my quip about your post we'd still be in RVS.  That you wanna come after me when you are right, I did not know your intent, is heavy duty reaching that looks pretty mafia
I don't agree with the obfuscation point and, therefore, feel like Schezo is placing too much emphasis on a weak point to push an early wagon.

##Unvote
##Vote Schezo

Anyway, other people also exist. I think.
Actually, after reading, they don't.
I don't really find anybody other than Raikaria and Schezo interesting right now so I don't really have much to say about them.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 07:37:13 PM »
 and still vote me for some reason.  Like word?  This is a bunch of gobbltygook.  We left RVS a while ago and for imo pretty neat reasons and you think Raikaria is more in the right over my explanation as you said this after I clarified a few things.
Looks pretty maf.
Hop on.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
I still think the original vote was half-decent for the point in time that I made it. Both of you are just going "I was trying to end RVS!" at eachother, and I mean, sure, that defense does sort of work, but you two are still the most compelling thing happening all day so I'm sticking with it and the way the situation is developing is not changing my mind. Dormio's the only other person with a notable post and I actually agree with the whole thing, so.

In response to BT yeah I am :dwi: I think Raikaria voting him for it is fine and Schezo's continued case is that Raikaria's response is not fine and is scummy reaching, which I disagree with. I'm p.fine with my vote on Schezo staying where it is.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2016, 07:45:48 PM »
Schezo is placing too much emphasis on a weak point to push an early wagon.
That's exactly what I did.  On page 1 of mafia.  Anyway the bait was also a bait like you called me out on.  You think my intent which got discussion going was scum?  You're pushiing on a nulltell.

And since Serela also thinks these nulltells are scum he's the mafia here validating a derp.
##Vote: Serela