Author Topic: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 2)  (Read 48820 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (DAY 2)
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2016, 11:04:08 PM »
*in the case he is town and we lynch him

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »
Schezo or someone please hammer.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2016, 11:18:06 PM »
Unvote: Raikaria

Vote: L

WAAAAAY too fucking suspicious. And i highly doubt it's due to laziness.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2016, 11:21:17 PM »
And that's the hammer! Which means it's a great time to reveal that L was Town and you still callously murdered him.

You monsters.

But it's Night Phase, so you have 24 hours to reflect on your lack of empathy. Also a great time to tell me about anything you want to do during the night. But only if I told you you can in a PM.

Don't send me creepy PMs about what you do in bed at night. Please.

« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2016, 11:22:00 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Bardiche

« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2016, 12:43:08 AM »
4a. In the event of a hammer, Day Phase will end immediately. It is not allowed to post in the game thread after a hammer has fallen, unless you're the hammered and want to get out last words. Because you are dying, you cannot use more than 10 words as a final message.

Next infraction will be a modkill.

Bardiche

Re: REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Game Thread (TOWN WIN)
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2016, 12:39:21 AM »
Hello everyone, it's Day 3.

Some housekeeping:
I haven't seen L participate in the game. Because they've shown no participation in the game, and indeed, stretch beyond belief the idea of "lurking as a gambit", I have decided to use my modkill powers.

L was Town. I am extremely disappointed in their lack of commitment, or at least the common decency to let me know they'll have to sub out.

Additionally, WindyKitsune's failure to show up for an entire gameday and gamenight shows similar lack of commitment and decency to inform about their actions. Because this goes beyond "lurking as a gambit", I have decided to modkill them as well.

WindyKitsune was Mafia.

That brings the game to an unfortunate close. I had briefly considered subbing in Huh What, but there are three reasons I have decided not to do so:

1) I would have to sub out the scum player, who is the lesser lurker but still egregious in their behaviour. I don't think I should condone one over the other because of their alignment.
2) It wouldn't be fair to Town, as the two player slots both have wispy participation, such that placing HW in that slot would all at once put scum at a massive advantage.
3) Town correctly discerned Serela as Scum, and the other scum player did not play (to win). No nightkill was submitted. Town deserves the win.

For that reason, REVIVAL OF MAFIA has now ended in Town's victory.

Bardiche

« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2016, 12:41:37 AM »
Note for the Cop: there was no Pure-hearted, and you were Naive to the point of scanning everyone as Town.

Misc note: originally, the scum team was L and WindyKitsune, but I swapped out L for Serela after deciding I didn't want to wind up with a scum team of two possible newcomers. It's kind of ironic.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2016, 12:46:54 AM »
Mercykilling the game may have been for the best.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2016, 12:54:44 AM »
Welp

« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2016, 01:35:44 AM »
fuck.

Conqueror

« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2016, 01:42:08 AM »
Oh goddammit.

Conqueror

« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2016, 01:44:09 AM »
Bard, did you really just modkill someone the day after we lynched them? :V

Well, at least we got a mafia game going, almost. I'm pretty impressed it got off the ground actually.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2016, 02:17:18 AM »
Yeah neato reads, neato game.  Good game m8ys I didn't think we'd play this game again eheheheh

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2016, 03:49:28 AM »
Well then.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2016, 04:25:31 AM »
Conq OP, pls nerf
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2016, 06:35:25 AM »
I wanna see Serela's monkeyhouse I mean graveyard, also scumchat.

Game was nice while it lasted. I feel optimistic about future games tbh.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2016, 06:42:57 AM »
I was right about the scum being a lurker after all.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Conqueror

« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2016, 06:58:25 AM »
You did well defending yourself on the last day given the circumstances!

Were there any other roles besides cop? Who was the cop?

Bardiche

« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
Bard, did you really just modkill someone the day after we lynched them? :V

Well, at least we got a mafia game going, almost. I'm pretty impressed it got off the ground actually.

Yes. :V Considering scum submitted no night kill there would not have been a satisfying way to resolve it without either condoning the behavior or outing the scum as lurking so hard they didn't NK.

I made a sliiight oversight with L, (for some reason thought Rai was lynched) but I would've still modkilled scum than let them get away with lurking.

Don't think it would be fair to wipe off WK's inactivity with a replacement, since you cannot blame a sub for their predecessor's actions.

« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »
That game sucked, it ended just because the mod stepped in. Laaaaame.

Bardiche

« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27:30 PM »
That game sucked, it ended just because the mod stepped in. Laaaaame.

Well, with your style of play, I'd say the game sucked moreso because you couldn't be arsed to play than scum failing to provide commitment.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
Bard thinking L was still alive was probably partially my fault because I thought L was alive for some reason and suggested modkilling him and subbing HW because it wouldn't make lylo earlier :V

I really can't blame him at all for what he did though, even I admitted subbing the scum in that late would be sorta bluhh, it's just that the only reasonable alternatives were subbing or mercykilling the game.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2016, 01:09:16 PM »
Well, considering I've made a big part of mess in this game, I think there are some points to say:
- First, when I signed up I've taken in account that I had a week of time to spend with continuity on the game.
- Second, in my long period of absence I was missing because I was ill, well I'm still ill, but before I was *really ill* at point not to be able to write something at MotK.
- Third, "You could inform the mod instead of doing nothing". No, I couldn't; really, for 6 days.

Some of you are angry about how the game proceeded since some players had no activity inside the game; well, I'm angry because I had almost no activity in this game and didn't want that but could do nothing to solve this problem; if I had known about this before I just wouldn't have sign up. :(

Thank you Bardiche for hosting this match, I'm sorry the match couldn't find its natural ending but think early-ending the match was a reasonable solution.

« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
Well, with your style of play, I'd say the game sucked moreso because you couldn't be arsed to play than scum failing to provide commitment.

Really?
Well, i mean, okay, yeah, i did kind of suck at playing this game, but:

1. My friends were over on saturday, so i was busy.
2. The only versions of Werewolf/Mafia i had played were live-action/in-person games, not forum games, so i was kind of unfamiliar with this stuff.
3. I was a Townie, so that and the other 2 things caused me to be unsure about what to do.
4. Was it really my fault the game sucked? I said it sucked because it ended too early, not because the players were bad at the game or anything like that. Hell, everyone else seemed to have a fun time. I really don't see what you have to gain from pointing fingers at me.

@WindyKistune: Sorry to hear about your illness, i really wish it hadn't gone that way.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2016, 06:11:10 PM »
Being new is fine, but your solution to being new, according to you, was to not do anything d1 because you might get accused... in a game about accusing people :/ And you also outright said it's because you were being lazy. You also complained it was really boring. Overall you were just sorta rude the whole time :/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:14:31 PM by Serela »

Bardiche

« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2016, 12:03:34 AM »
I really don't see what you have to gain from pointing fingers at me.

You made three posts on Day 1. An RVS vote, an explanation of your experience, and a request to explain "wtf" was going on. Your follow-up posts are about how bored you are and how lazy you are. Then your final post is to say that the game sucked and that it was lame the mod had to step in.

Frankly, it was rude to be going around complaining how "lame" the game was and how much it "sucked" considering you contributed to that directly with your playstyle. I felt that if you were going to make a jab at people by saying the game sucked and was lame, you should know you've not been a positive influence.

@WindyKitsune: Fair enough, normal excuse is "I felt too ill to post but could update my Twitter twenty-eight times per hour", but if you were so ill not to be able to write anything then I apologise for any harshness, that was uncalled for.

« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2016, 03:43:50 AM »
Nevermind, its pretty goddamn clear that playing Mafia in the first place was a mistake.

Sorry i ever showed up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:47:39 AM by the old guy »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
Guy guys it's cool.

They just didn't know what they were getting into with forum mafia.

Can't blame them, since the last game was a while ago.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2016, 09:55:56 AM »
I couldnt believe i missed this
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------