Author Topic: Girls' dialects  (Read 1813 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Girls' dialects
« on: December 02, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
Okay, I remember asking you guys a question about the accents you portray non-Japanese 2hus with a long time ago.
Now I'm asking a similar but slightly different question: What Japanese dialects do you portray the Japanese 2hus with?

I've always portrayed Reimu as speaking with a Kyoto dialect. Don't know why, maybe its because Reimu looked like a Kyoto native to me...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:41:40 PM by Lt Colonel Summers »
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Girls' dialects
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »
Do majority of the people even know what a Japanese dialect is? And how it sounds? I doubt it.

Also what is a Kyoto dialect anyway. Perhaps you meant Kansai

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »
I don't know Japanese dialects but I just assumed that they speak like in canon. If I did imagine any dialectal difference (and I don't because I'm not very good at japanese) then I'd portray them with the dialect they speak with in the games.

I mean, I (in my head) translate any Marisa slang (Which I think is a way for translators to translate Marisa's rougher way of speaking rather than a dialect) to Scots (which in my opinion is a dialect rather than a language) and any other character generally gets translated into British dialect but these aren't conditional on their Japanese dialect.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 11:36:41 PM »
I only know 4
Normal (whatever that is), Sanae tounge, Choujuu-Gigakuism, & Old Woman speeches.

edit : BTW, when will i recovered from my Touhou addiction ?
I've been hanging around here quite often i guess ? i feels like it's gotten worse

edit 2 : apparently, about the news i recently heard regarding Yuuka beating up guys in Human Village, turn's out it's due to the guys in the village have been practicing "burontism".
The "Yuuka Massacre" victims (34 mental scar, 55 temporary disability, 89 "deflowered rear end") confess that they believed a mysterious book that suddenly appear within the cupboard gaps in Mr.RM house titled "Man's Speak vol.XI -Pollinating with Flower Demon-". The book was found written with "featured in TOP 11 Latest Fantasy Man's Trend" in foreign languange upon brought for inspection to Suzunaan.
"Those people suddenly screaming frantically, it's scared the script out of me, their drools also flying everywhere it's almost like a Flower Sign [Blossoming of Gensokyo], it's such a disaster & disgusting to clean up after" said Ms.KM .
Some other witness comments by Ms.A9 "I saw that & aware what was going on, of course they are dead wrong, & dead LMAO", "It's such a stress relief for me to watch, because there haven't been full moon lately" add Ms.KK while grinning.

p.s. english sucks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:19:20 AM by MANoBadAssGar »