Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F  (Read 188694 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« Reply #930 on: October 15, 2017, 12:32:36 AM »
Just out of curiosity... I read on the wiki that, on the Endless Corridor, you can't go back to floors which you cleared already. Assuming you can't go past 100F as I remember, does this mean there's a limit to how many infinity gems and greater awakenings you can get?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #931 on: October 15, 2017, 01:38:33 AM »
Right now, I believe you can only get 7 greater awakenings (as these items are only granted when you defeat a corridor boss, I think?) However, the last floor should loop infinitely iirc, as far as stuff like infinity gems go. If the game is ever updated again it'll go to 999f, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #932 on: October 15, 2017, 04:04:58 AM »
9F Tenshi is not very fun, I've checked the wiki for some strategy ideas but even with afflicting HVY and SIL and debuffing like crazy i still feel like I have very little leeway in who can actually attack her for somewhat decent damage.
I managed to get a 3k Phoenix Spread Wings with Chen on her on my last attempt but nothing else I've attacked with has come close. Rumia and Okuu don't do enough damage with their defense ignoring attacks either. I'm kind of considering just grinding up and megaboosting attack stats on star hitters, maybe I can even boost Chen more and rack up damage that way. Her MP flows really well at the moment so she's not running out too much too easily.

« Reply #933 on: October 15, 2017, 04:29:24 AM »
Just out of curiosity... I read on the wiki that, on the Endless Corridor, you can't go back to floors which you cleared already. Assuming you can't go past 100F as I remember, does this mean there's a limit to how many infinity gems and greater awakenings you can get?

Yeah. As Serela said, 7 Great Awakening items (that you can trade, you get a freebie from Akyuu after your first one, you can't trade away the last one you own). You can leave and re-enter the same floor to farm it so there's an infinite supply of Infinite Gems even before you hit the 101f, which is the last floor that can be reached in the current update. You get more Infinite Gems from treasure the later on in the Infinite Corridor you're at though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #934 on: October 15, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »
9F Tenshi is not very fun, I've checked the wiki for some strategy ideas but even with afflicting HVY and SIL and debuffing like crazy i still feel like I have very little leeway in who can actually attack her for somewhat decent damage.
Sub Monk with your highest ATK characters and max Iron Mountain- it ignores more def the higher it's leveled, and 9F Tenshi doesn't resist NTR anymore. Also, if I recall, her attack set is pretty much exclusively physical, so focusing DEF on your support characters and capitalizing on attackers with good def is helpful (although obviously, it won't help if you can't hurt her much). You might consider swapping a useless attacker out for a def-focused Wriggle with minimal stat investment to poison, just for this one fight.

Also, her concentrate nuke is fairly inaccurate, iirc. Characters with fairly good evasion should somewhat reliably dodge it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #935 on: October 15, 2017, 05:17:09 AM »
Oh that worked wonderfully, I even lost Chen halfway through that leaving me with only a Mokou to attack with (as well as Okuu/Rumia) but I still managed to pull through, thank you :)

« Reply #936 on: October 15, 2017, 09:49:57 AM »
Well, good to know. Also, good that some of the characters I plan to use don't exactly need to be awakened.

As a side note... wow. I was struggling mightily both on floor B5F and 21F, until I replaced Byakuren, Iku and Tenshi with the Yakumo Family. That's a group I already had good experiences with in previous games before Plus Disk, but damn, it really feels like it's back with a vengeance^^ encounters which seemed nearly insurmountable suddenly became farmable lol.

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to find Treasure Chest Keys anymore on the floors, but I keep finding Treasure Chests. Does it mean that I need to buy keys with Infinity Gems, or something?

EDIT2: Faced
Spoiler:
T9 team
on B5F... I thought I was a goner when I was left with Renko and Maribel against
Spoiler:
Shadow Wriggle and Shadow Cirno
... instead they managed to take next to no damage from all attacks while Maribel alternated tanking and healing - oh, and
Spoiler:
I oneshotted Cirno with DTH Chaotic Quadruple Barrier. Heh
. I may have said it before but... I love Ability to See Boundaries.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:50:55 PM by elminster1372 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #937 on: October 15, 2017, 10:49:08 AM »
Since this topic is coming close to the post limit, I'm going to take the liberty of making the next one, if that's all right by everyone.

Edit: It is done.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:55:32 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...