Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F  (Read 188970 times)

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2017, 08:01:05 PM »
Charagraph is fun.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #571 on: February 26, 2017, 01:55:05 AM »
wasn't a (big) patch supposed to come half a month after expansions release, and then another big one end of February?
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #572 on: February 26, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »
Yeah, it was "early to mid january and sometime February" iirc. Obviously, though, that didn't happen :V We did get a mid-Jan patch but it was just some character tweaking, which is, while welcome, none of the actual additional content expected. There's still several more floors to be added (both in down and upstairs) and, of course, 899 more floors of infinite corridor (of which the first patch was supposed to add 140 more, bringing it to 240?)

Anyway, it'll come eventually, 3peso taking it's sweet time isn't actually anything new. Just, at this point, don't hold your breath. :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #573 on: February 26, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
Charagraph is fun.

Pffff xD
That looks amazing, probably the best thing I've seen all day

« Reply #574 on: February 26, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »
Oh god. Hello there! So i didn't looked into labyrinth of touhou since i completed it ( when the english translation wasn't completed yet. ) And now i see that a extension is out...

But is there a english translation for that one? For at least the spell and item like before?
I did a bit of checking around there, but i'm still curious.

Also, sorry but, is there a link to download the Plus Disk?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:16:58 PM by Zeforas »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #575 on: February 26, 2017, 09:26:34 PM »
Labyrinth of Touhou 2, I assume you mean? There isn't a translation for Plus Disk on that yet. They're waiting on major content patches that are coming sometime. Labyrinth of Touhou 1 Special Disk is fully translated if you mean that one, though.

I know LoT2:Plus Disk is up for purchase on the standard jp dlsite somewhere but I'm not familiar with the site. Maybe google could help, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #576 on: February 26, 2017, 09:30:41 PM »
Alright, thanks. And yup, i did mean the 2nd of the series.

Welp, depending on how much it cost and how much i got left at the end of next month, i may buy it. Since i like the first game and the 2nd a lot.
For now, i'll just complete the 20 basic floor again but in english this time.

..Hmm, sorry to be a bother again but, is there a font to install or something? There is text that is out of the windows : http://puu.sh/ulcf8/bdf4c47c52.jpg
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:44:05 PM by Zeforas »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #577 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:29 PM »
..Hmm, sorry to be a bother again but, is there a font to install or something? There is text that is out of the windows : http://puu.sh/ulcf8/bdf4c47c52.jpg
Run the game in Japanese Locale. Or change the locale of your computer Japanese (Control Panel -> Region -> Administrative for Windows 8, I don't know if its different for Windows 10)

« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »
My computer is alerdy in japanese. Applocale didn't help either.

« Reply #579 on: February 28, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »
Try to reinstall your game, that might help. Also, there might actually be a font file your missing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #580 on: February 28, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »
It's not the kind of game you really "install", so...

Try running it in a compatibility mode? :VV

« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »
Welp, tried every comptability, didn't work. And it's probably the font that i'm missing, but i don't know which one this game use. o_?

« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
Thinking of getting back into this game but I stopped at the floor after you get Tenshi, where you have to mess around with the temperature.

Does anyone have tips for making that floor... not suck? I know it'll probably be bearable once I gain a few levels and am above-par with the enemies on it, but it'll still be annoying to navigate relative to even the last few floors.

Also is DEF/MND Yuuka viable in this game?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2017, 01:21:15 AM »
DEF/MND Yuuka isn't really a viable build; she has very little going for her support-wise or tank-wise other than decent stats, and half of her self-buffing requires her to attack anyway. Extra Attack for subclass support skills is still worse than characters with innate support, and the extra support effects on her personal attacks are nowhere near strong enough to consider using them in a support build.

The temperature floors might seem annoying  at first but when you actually do it, imo the temperature swapping is pretty simple and it's not that big of a deal. The enemies didn't give me that much trouble, although I do recall on the higher floors there was some pretty fast ones.

« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »
I was looking at the new corridor skills and was wondering if Nitori's third skill was ever translated, since it was just ??? on page 4.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »
I was looking at the new corridor skills and was wondering if Nitori's third skill was ever translated, since it was just ??? on page 4.
With this revised version, a spell that Rinnosuke is supposed to have (after getting the unlocking item) is accessible:

Precise Information / MP Cost 8 / Target All Frontliners / PHY / Auxillary / Heal all frontliners by a precentage of their maxHP. Also, all ailments and debuffs have a 50% chance of being lifted. The precentage of healing is quite low.

Also, it seems that Nitori is no longer going to have the stun gadget spell, but will have this skill instead:

Kappa's Material Aesthetica (1*75): When user is in the front while the battle ends, item drop rate is increased by 20%. If the user defeats an enemy, that enemy's item drop rate is increased by 40%.

« Reply #586 on: March 09, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »
Wow, such a long time passed without news...

Well, while we wait for more info about TH2 (*coughpatchcough*), enjoy this video of my 100th WINNER kill^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIo5hSriq6w

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #587 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:08 PM »
That video says it's UNAVAILABLE </3

« Reply #588 on: March 09, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »
Ah sorry it should be published now

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #589 on: March 10, 2017, 04:24:56 AM »
Not bad!  Going to go after version 256?  Should be possible under 2000, I'd think.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #590 on: March 10, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »
I have a feeling not; at that point the fight seems to have for a long time been "this is trivial, so let's play with low-effort wins in mind" considering he barely swaps and only used 6/12 party members in the fight at all.

But after doing that slog of a fight 100 times, who would do anything else? >_> Sure, it might be more "efficient" to be swapping in/out, using dem somewhat higher power nukes off Nitori/Flan/wackers more and maintain a higher atk/mag buff, but, since the fight's already trivial, it doesn't really... matter, and real-time-wise probably just slows it down with all the extra menuing when he can afford to just leave out bulky attackers and smash smash smash.

Neat to look at all the bloated numbers, but also looked like Winner turned into a punching bag. Albiet one that might be able to potentially do a cheap party kill with Time Stop or take out a few people with Ringils, but if he only used 6/12 people to start with and he's certainly got backups, well.

He was never the most interesting fight other than his final phase, unfortunately :V The leadup phases are just super generic damage slogs that make the fight long and arduous, with a big level grind requirement overall. Only the last phase does much interesting and he tends to keel over before much of that actually -happens-, either. This is why I was interested in fighting him a bunch and then stopped after a few kills. It was just -really- boring and once you have the level to kill him, the fight's pretty easy but so long. :V (with a couple "fuck you" possible rng skills near the end)

(I'll admit I'm partially talking about it this much because I have nothing else to do right now)

« Reply #591 on: March 10, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »
Keep in mind that (1) I just had levelled a lot right before this fight and (2) I was especially lucky, in that WINNER never selected anything brutal (Berserk mode into Longsword Ringil/Sword of Light/Vorpal Blade, Time Stop, Medicine of Life, etc.). As for the lack of swapping, it was mostly to preserve defensive buffs on the front line, and because Rinnosuke didn't die (once Rinnosuke dies, I swap in Keine and then do more sweeper swapping to extend buffs to the whole team, just in case Keine dies as well).

As for what Sophilia said, technically it is possible (after all, WINNER is slightly vulnerable to paralysis), but I wouldn't advise it. Generally, I consider training more whenever some of the following happens:

1) Sword of Light becomes strong enough to OHKO Reimu through defensive buffs, without Berserk Mode
2) Wand of Dragon's Flame/Frost outdamages Reimu's AoE heal without buffs
3) Buff-less Longsword Ringil is strong enough to oneshot Rinnosuke through defensive buffs

Condition (1) is arguably the most important - most of my losses to WINNER are because either he oneshots my healers with Sword of Light, or because of Time Stop (but the latter's much more rare).

Anyway, if you want I can try recording a more "interesting" WINNER battle if I get one, eventually^^ Admittedly, the one above was quite anticlimatic

EDIT: Here is an example of things not going exactly as planned, with a much more brutal lategame, though I still managed to pull it off somehow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ydWx6oGS8&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:47:09 AM by elminster1372 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #592 on: March 10, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »
...okay, yeah, that was way more interesting of a watch! I stand corrected, seeing that his more dangerous moves can wipe out a large chunk of the front row. (Especially once you lose the bulkier front-row members)

And yeahhh, at that level of speed, getting PAR off would last one hell of a long time. I guess when Reimu gets lucky off the occasional sealing circle like I saw you cast in the 100 video.

« Reply #593 on: March 10, 2017, 03:49:55 PM »
As far as Paralysis duration goes, I once got off an early Evil Sealing Circle paralysis with Reimu and managed to take out approx 90% of WINNER's HP before it could get another action (it only managed to act once more before I finished it off).

As for the rest, yeah his row moves are brutal. Long Sword Ringil and Vorpal Blade are murderous - even without Berserk Mode, only Keine and Youmu have a chance to survive in the front. Lightning Tempest is not as powerful (especially because it has a longer delay), but still does solid damage.

Don't forget his single target moves, though. Crimson Petal Sword is somewhat laughable (though it still does enough dmg to put frailer members in killing range of other abilities), but Sword of Light and (especially) Katana Zantetsuken are very damn powerful. Sword of Light can be survived by Youmu, Yuugi, Rinnosuke, and Keine (and sometimes by Reimu), but the Katana is almost always a OHKO regardless of your defenses.

Anyway I reached 117 kills, and I feel like I need a bit of training again, seeing that Wand of Dragon's Flame/Frost can now 2HKO again Youmu and other less MND-inclined party members (a threshold you definitely don't want to sit in, as it makes phase 1 way too hectic)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #594 on: March 10, 2017, 04:17:57 PM »
Anyone wants to take a gander at how the library costs in Laby2 works? I tried to derive a formula and failed rather miserably; it's definitely not a nice polynomial function this time around.

« Reply #595 on: March 13, 2017, 12:27:39 AM »
So I tried looking into the library costs to see if I could derive a proper formula. The results were... mixed.
I used Tenshi as a test case. I took the costs of the first 300 levels of her HP stats and plotted them against the current level of her stat.
It gave me this graph:

You can see that the line is not completely smooth. This is because the costs do not increase evenly, sometimes the increases are much larger between some levels than they are between others. However, despite this it is clear that there is some trend, and so using some computer magic I was able to figure out a rough formula. Cost to the next level for one of tenshi's stat is equal to 4.601 + 2.841*(current level) + 0.02501*(current level)^2. Its hard to get an exact formula because I am pretty the game rounds the decimal points of the costs. So using some select points (to reduce the visual clutter) I graphed the formula over the observed values and got the graph below.

So this is what I got. The issues with this is that it doesn't give the exact cost that the game displays, and the formula only applies to tenshi's stats (I check it against patchy's stats which have a similar starting base cost of 5. Her's increases at a different rate). And because this formula is approximation  it is changing ever so slightly with each additional point.  So i don't think these cost formulas are going to be something that can be derived or determined, I think they can only be taken from the code like the damage formulas.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:39:15 AM by Nightassassain »

RoninAngel2k5

• Ghost in the Netherworld
« Reply #596 on: March 14, 2017, 03:43:21 AM »
can anyone show or explain how to use Charagraph in LoT2?  I do want to change a few for fun

« Reply #597 on: March 16, 2017, 07:01:31 AM »
It's been awhile, a big while I think lol. 3peso really seems to be taking his time on the updates.

« Reply #598 on: March 16, 2017, 11:04:43 PM »
Update w h e n

Finally got around to playing and doing a majority of what's released of the plus disk so far, it's been lots of fun.

I only ended up using Kokoro (with Healer) and Mamizou who's quickly become one of my favourites.

Only complaint I have is not nearly enough training manuals to keep up with greater skill boosts and awakenings :/ (Though I guess it is somewhat farmable by killing Ame-no-Murakumo over and over again).

Also regarding the Ninja subclass, the piercing effect works differently from Piercing Attack right? So I can't just throw it on Rumia and pierce even more of the enemies mind.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #599 on: March 17, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »
It's not the same as Piercing Attack, yeah. I don't think it would stack at all; if you want more mnd piercing you'll have to get Rumia's awakening. The subclass doesn't seem particularly good, since it provides a lot of small effects, but they're all... well, small. HOWEVER, I suppose, if you give it to a character that's very likely to have status effects on the enemy when you attack, all the passives combined could become good enough to consider it. It's attack isn't too shabby, but it does have a -very- high DEF influence to get in the way.

Instant Movement would be cool on some characters except it's not -that- much faster than a normal attack, and Elementalist has faster moves anyway with a more useful effect... sort of. 10% isn't much of a damage increase, but combined with the superfast cast speed (80% at lv5) it's something.