Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F  (Read 188644 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« on: November 22, 2016, 05:37:32 PM »
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 7
Thread 8
Thread 9
Thread 10
Thread 11
Thread 12
Thread 13
Thread 14
Thread 15

Translation Thread

English Wiki

LoT 1
LoT 2

MoonJapanese Wiki

LoT 1
LoT 2

LoT 1 Patches and other downloads
Ver 2.04 patch
Ver 2.06B patch Dead link. HALP.
Ver 3.01 patch
English Patch for Ver 3.01
Cheat Engine chart (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Cheat table for Special Disc on Win XP (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Suggested builds
Offline database
New Game+ file for version 3.01

LoT 2, its Patches, and other downloads
The place to go to buy a legitimate copy of the game. The instructions for how to navigate the site in order to buy it is here.

Start game with all characters
Ver 1.202
Ver 1.203

Image packs
Squidtentacle's pack
chripy's pack
Pandaology's pack

Enemy Info
Contains their Stats, Affinities, Ailment Resistances, EXP, Money, Drops, and Types

Spellcard Info
4 text files for Characters, Commands, Enemies, and Subclass data in a zip file

Individual files for those who only don't want to download a zip file
Character
Commands
Enemies
Subclasses

Passive Skill Info
Data on all the character's passive skills that affect damage formulas, stats, etc

Enemy AI Dump

Developer's site: http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/
Main page : http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2/top.htm

Ahh... Got to love that new thread smell. Anyways, carry on.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »
What do you mean these monsters are level ~110 why do these things have so much defense aaaaarghasdfhqaiwre

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 11:16:38 PM »
I can't discuss here much because I don't know about the Plus Disk content. Rather see it come out later when it is available...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:56:08 AM »
What do you mean these monsters are level ~110 why do these things have so much defense aaaaarghasdfhqaiwre
Defense/mind is a massive problem in postgame. You will learn to highly value people who are good at piercing it or have good def/mnd debuffs (especially both at the same time). It's a problem on a lot of boss fights- you simply can't deal any damage worth caring about otherwise.

And there is at least one random enemy that you can't kill without a fully ignoring move or the Piercing Attack skill, iirc.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:21:19 AM »
Postgame encounters are definitely a pain. Thanks to Kirin and Serela with the Yuyuko/Reisen tip I'd suggest just using them to insta death the mobs. Most postgame mobs should be able to be insta killed, but if they aren't you can always slot in another attack to finish the leftover mobs.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 06:31:14 AM »
Kirin, if you are reading this. Would you mind adding the LoT1 update patch to the intro? It is around the middle of the page. I have posted that since the beginning of the previous thread but there was no response.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16978.0.html

On an unrelated note, woohoo! We are getting close to the 20th floor!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:53:55 AM by Kageshirou »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »
Kaguya and Eiki are your friends for those high defense enemies. Its easier than relying on Instant Death at least.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »
Weeeee new thread hype!  :getdown:

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
Kirin, if you are reading this. Would you mind adding the LoT1 update patch to the intro? It is around the middle of the page. I have posted that since the beginning of the previous thread but there was no response.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16978.0.html

Whoops! Thank you for the heads up. Give me a moment...

Edit: I had already done this in the previous thread, and since I copy pasta'd the intro from there, the link is still there, written as "English patch for 3.01". I'll post it here as well just for the sake of convenience.

https://www.mediafire.com/?t1v567p5sced1zl
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:40:19 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
Ah, I see. The link was overwritten but the name was still the same. That's why I thought that it was just a normal Eng patch. Sorry about that.  :P

Anyway, looks like even Japanese players were stumped by the postgame. Almost every videos I have seen so far on youtube either they severely overlevel or severely overlevel and level down.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 01:23:52 PM »
My first party was like that- the standard for postgame parties in this game is pretty intense. My second playthrough party is working a lot better, so, I guess I'll be able to compare once plusdisk comes out. (Unless you just mean current postgame, in which case, yes, this second party is doing vastly better)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 11:06:06 PM »
Okay, the second sun is insane with that party switch skill. I'm assuming it's better to use tanky attackers for this fight than gamblers? Nitori and Flandre keep getting switched in only to get instantly annihilated.

Edit: Nevermind, literally the next fight I got lucky with the genji glove and flandre managed to deal 1.5m Damage with Laveatein, just rushed the boss from there on
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:14:11 PM by Kurovalia »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »
Luck plays a big factor in the Second Sun fight, and yes, bulky attackers are a good thing in that one if you feel like not being at the whim of the RNG. But you lucked out, so that's good.

How many of the special bosses have you faced so far, Kurovalia?

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 03:44:19 AM »
Luck plays a big factor in the Second Sun fight, and yes, bulky attackers are a good thing in that one if you feel like not being at the whim of the RNG. But you lucked out, so that's good.

How many of the special bosses have you faced so far, Kurovalia?

I've faced all 12 enhanced bosses + The great C and the second sun, currently grinding a few more levels + some dragon mane before I face the Desire eating demon.
Speaking of which, does anyone know if several Genji Glove will increase the chance of 2x damage?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 04:54:58 AM »
After finding an Infinity Gem in a chest in B1F while flee-exploring, I decided to hack my infinity gem count to test out the higher level boost skills. From what I've observed, using a boost book will overwrite the lower level boost skill, clear it back to level 0 (you can't use a boost book unless you have maxed out the levels in previous boost skill), and return the skill points back to you. The two higher level boost skills have the same max level (5), but second boost costs 10 skill points per level and mega boost costs 50, and judging from the values I'm seeing in status screen, second boost gives 0.4 per level and mega boost gives 0.6 per level. So yeah, every character not named Rinnosuke needs two manuals (costing 36 gems in total, although who knows you might be able to find some in chests) to get a high boost equivalent that costs 50 skill points per level to invest in. (This also means that you really should not use those books unless you're sure you have the skill points to actually invest some levels in them.)

And I guess this answers the question from the previous thread. Maxing a mega boost, plus investing 10 gems and 10 orbs, give a total of 7 base stats (or 70 in the status window)

As a side note; the achievement for trading 20 infinity gem says it gives +250000 money in the achievement list, but it actually gives +400000.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:58:00 AM by RegalStar »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 05:30:47 AM »
So maxing a -single- mega boost costs 250 skp, holy shit. That's one hell of a way to keep them prohibitive. Second Boost sounds pretty good though, and I'm pretty sure you can trade gems for the initial boost tomes (so that everyone can grab all the ones they care about) along with being able to buy stat gems/orbs I think... so you can still do one hell of a lot of base stat tweaking in postgame. Although, well, it sounds like infinity gems might actually be pretty hard to come across in large amounts. Infinite Corridor...?

Rinnosuke's don't become obsolete, that's for sure. :V His are 0.8 per level, so they're still stronger than megas, (granted his original stats are much worse, but look- when will you be able to max many mega boosts?) plus you can max all of his boosts for nearly half the cost of maxing every second boost, for double the power. In exchange he's got a dubious moveset and lowish base stats, but his passives are ridiculous and this is what subclasses are for. Can't lie though, he'll be a little less fascinating to use once Keine gets Impervious Formation Change to outclass his own. By then at least he can do offensive high boosts to make First Aid a good heal/buff and maybe go into bulky attacking?

I've also confirmed at this point that the new subclasses that look like Warrior/Sorceress but with more attack skills, really are just new classes that feature new skills, but only a single passive skill- one that modifies base stats a little. (with that plus the class bonus, you get +1.6 base atk or mag) :T So you get to choose either between more mag/atk buff stuff from the original subclasses, or a couple extra moves from the new subclasses. The JP wiki also lists delay; the self-buffs are 66%, swordmaster's new attacks are 60% and 52%, arch-mage or w/e it was is 27.5% and 10% (with the latter having good mind piercing). The self-buffs for each are +38% atk/mag at max and -27% def/mnd.

A lot of characters would likely rather have the passive buff upkeep, but there's also a lot of characters who would welcome a couple extra skills... mph. It's hard to consider Swordmaster when it's nature attack could instead be the monk's def-piercing nature skill though, and all of the monk's useful passives. The magic variant is a little more considerable for people who aren't too heavily wanting the mag buff (Yuuka has more than enough buffs herself; she wants more interesting spells!) but buffs are preeeeetty tempting when the new skills are mega high delay and high mp cost, with likely not-terribly-large power scales. We'll just have to see how strong they are I guess.

The original subclasses only give like 0.4 increased base stat though so at least for the loss of buff, you get a little more stattage at 1.6. As an aside, just reminding that Gambler is +40% damage at max in plus instead of +90%. That's not bad still, but you can get a fair amount of damage increase off warrior/sorc too from their passives, which starts to make Gambler look a lot less worth the complete loss of survivability and doubled mp cost. Might still be worth it on people who will almost never take a hit anyway without unworthy amounts of investment, who won't really miss that mp either, but even then there's the moveset expansions...

I also looked at the character page and bug section of the jp wiki. They seem to be unaware of Sealing Club's stat boost not working. Unless the english patch breaks it somehow even when running the jp plus disk exe (this seems highly unlikely if not borderline impossible...) it's possible that no one on the jp side is really aware it's not working, which would likely be why it hasn't been fixed. Considering Renko/Maribel is only recruited well into postgame and Plus Disk isn't released yet (for much content to exist after unlocking them), and the fact that you can't really tell it's not working unless you actively compare numbers... this does seem like a realistic scenario. I wonder how one would go about reporting bugs. If nothing else one could throw it at his twitter, but I wonder if that's rude... (I can't hope to formulate a sentence in Japanese regardless, though.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:38:37 AM by Serela »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 05:53:36 AM »
Yeah you can exchange gems for stat gems, orbs and tomes of insights too. This is Akyuu's inventory for those who are interested:

Chest Key - 2 gems (almost definitely implying that locked chests will show up again, likely in endless corridor even)
Tome of Reincarnation - 5 gems
Orihalcon - 16 gems
Adamantite - 16 gems (those two are materials)
[A set of six single stat+400% subequips in the order of HP, ATK, DEF, MAG, MND, SPD] - 4 gems
[A set of four single stat+144% plus four elemental resist+128/four ailment resist+50] - 6 gems
Paladin Shield (DEF+450%, MND+225%, Evade+12, FIR CLD SPI DRK PHY+70, DBF+50) - 16 gems
Fairy "Navi" (MP+2 HP/DEF/SPD+166% MND+422% Evade+24 SPI+100 SIL+72) - 16 gems
Long Sword "Crimson Lotus Princess" (HP/ATK+412%, MAG/SPD+199%, FIR+144, DRK+72 PAR/TRR/DTH+40) - 20 gems
Flower Blade Kikuryusei (HP/ATK/DEF/MAG+368%, SPD+256%, PHY+50, DTH+50) - 20 gems
Gran Grimoire (MP+4, MAG+600%, MND+360%, All Elements+48) - 30 gems
Necronomicon (TP+6, HP+360%, MAG/MND+480%, All Ailments+24) - 30 gems
[A set of three normal reward increasers] - 4 gems
[A set of three alternative reward increasers] - 12 gems - These have the same magnitude and cap as the normal set, but they stack with the normal set and likely have their own cap
[A set of stat gems - HP, MP, TP, ATK, DEF, MAG, MND, SPD] - 2 gems
[A set of stat orbs - HP, MP, TP, ATK, DEF, MAG, MND, SPD] - 4 gems - these can only be used on characters who already used 10 gems of that stat, and have the same 0.2 bonus per orb
[A set of Tomes of Insight - HP, MP, TP, ATK, DEF, MAG, MND, SPD, Evade, Accuracy, Affinity, Resists] - 6 gems
[A set of Tomes of Vigorous Training - for learning second boosts] - 12 gems
[A set of Tomes of Endless Drilling - for learning mega boosts] - 24 gems

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 07:37:04 AM »
I also looked at the character page and bug section of the jp wiki. They seem to be unaware of Sealing Club's stat boost not working. Unless the english patch breaks it somehow even when running the jp plus disk exe (this seems highly unlikely if not borderline impossible...) it's possible that no one on the jp side is really aware it's not working, which would likely be why it hasn't been fixed. Considering Renko/Maribel is only recruited well into postgame and Plus Disk isn't released yet (for much content to exist after unlocking them), and the fact that you can't really tell it's not working unless you actively compare numbers... this does seem like a realistic scenario. I wonder how one would go about reporting bugs. If nothing else one could throw it at his twitter, but I wonder if that's rude... (I can't hope to formulate a sentence in Japanese regardless, though.)

Serela, how many of the bugged skills are still bugged in the plus disk demo?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
I know for sure that Meiling still doesn't get speed bonus for not sitting on the left.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »

That's really unfortunate. Maribel has the potential to be really good with that buff and her unique skills, but her stats are too average to work w/o Sealing Club... I truly hope somebody on the jp side eventually realises.

Is there a link to some sort of bug tracker/reporter, even if in japanese language? If you give me the link, I could persuade a japanese friend of mine to write it down for me

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »
I had been looking on thlaby2's page for something like a bug reporter, but didn't see anything. Unless it's on the generic 3peso site, I wouldn't know what to do other than either look for an email or send it to his twitter. I could certainly be missing something though. It bothers me because I would really like to use Maribel too, and she does have notable potential if she can get that stat boost- she can benefit from it very often considering Renko is an amazing tank.

Thanks for translating the Akyuu shop enough to see prices, RegalStar! I was really curious about that.

Serela, how many of the bugged skills are still bugged in the plus disk demo?
Most bugs were fixed in the latest non-plus release; out of the ones I still knew, Counter skills no longer reset your ATB (this makes them actually usable, hooray! Wriggle/Iku/Yuugi users rejoice!), and Maribel's Meddling With Boundaries now actually lowers buff decay as intended. I don't personally recall any others not working except Sealing Club... hmm, okay, the jp wiki lists a few more.

About Meiling's speed passive... it also decreases damage by 32%, making Meiling so amazing in tandem with her godlike Mountain Breaker that seriously, she really doesn't need any more speed. She's stupid good as-is, even without any other sdm members. So, what's more likely is it should be removed from the description instead. :V I have a feeling it's not fixed for a reason like 3peso deciding it's better not to- it would have been better in Meiling's original design where her attack growth was much lower.

If nothing else, the Sealing Club bug could be reported in the jp wiki comments and hope the message gets cycled around to 3peso by someone in the next month or two. (Especially if it included a note like "Unsure where to report to developer"). :V It wouldn't hurt to report it on there in any case.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:24:09 PM by Serela »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »
Also Cooling Down is still bugged. It's supposed to not kick in if your current HP is below max HP, but instead it doesn't kick in if your current HP is above your max HP  :V (Made doubly funnier because Eirin of all people have this skill). Of course since being at below maxHP is much more common than being at above maxHP, it's not something I'm complaining very loudly about.

Also I tried reporting the sealing club on atwiki but apparently it doesn't accept comments from gaijins :( I know a friend who might know people living in Japan though; I'll ask them when I see them.

EDIT: I got someone to submit a report on atwiki for me. So yay.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:03:51 AM by RegalStar »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
Most bugs were fixed in the latest non-plus release; out of the ones I still knew, Counter skills no longer reset your ATB (this makes them actually usable, hooray! Wriggle/Iku/Yuugi users rejoice!), and Maribel's Meddling With Boundaries now actually lowers buff decay as intended. I don't personally recall any others not working except Sealing Club... hmm, okay, the jp wiki lists a few more.

I looked at the link and it appears to be showing stuff about Youmu, not the bugs...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »
Here's the bug page in Japanese.

This is also where you would go submit bug reports - if you have a Japanese IP address.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »
Why not just send it to him on twitter?

...I wonder if he'd respond to English reports, even.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 09:39:22 PM »
Here's the bug page in Japanese.

This is also where you would go submit bug reports - if you have a Japanese IP address.

English translation of the page.

It says something about Extra Attack and Magic Conservation not interacting well with each other, among other things...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:05:33 AM by Kirin no Sora »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 01:04:10 AM »
Somehow I handled the level 160 boss icon fairly easily yet could not make a dent in Culex. What's with the challenge levels in this game?

Double post: Silly Kogasa, too busy trying to Terror Eater Mokou to realize that Meiling is ripping her apart. Also I noticed that Shadow Kogasa seems to have no TRR resistance, then took a look at my own Kogasa and found that yup, she has 0 TRR resistance herself. It's somehow strangely amusing.

Triple post: Tested new swordmaster spells a little bit. Moon Shadow Flash seems to be around 1.69-0.65, and Samidare Slash about 1.8-0.6 (though it may be a little bit lower).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:11:02 PM by RegalStar »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2016, 01:44:49 PM »
Oops. I forgot when you go to a new page in google translate, it doesn't change your url unless you open in a new tab. I started at the youmu page before going to the bugs so it was still that. And yeah, I mused about twitter myself :V I wasn't going to try to tweet at him in english though. Although I imagine he'd be flattered to find out we bothered to patch his games into english and have a stable fanbase for his game (We talked about ThLaby1 for years and years...) there's also likely a sort of a stigma against the near entire english piracy of doujin games?

...not that any of that really matters for a bug report. He might just think we play it in japanese anyway and deal with it. That's really an overreaction on my part :V I was mostly just idling because I'm not google translating a message to japanese.
Somehow I handled the level 160 boss icon fairly easily yet could not make a dent in Culex. What's with the challenge levels in this game?

Triple post: Tested new swordmaster spells a little bit. Moon Shadow Flash seems to be around 1.69-0.65, and Samidare Slash about 1.8-0.6 (though it may be a little bit lower).
160 should be the... Desire Eating Demon? If you've got certain characters he's not very hard since he's really just a gimmick fight. Culex's defenses, on the other hand, are somewhat problematic, plus he's notably easier if you can take out most of the crystals ASAP with master spark or lavaeteinn or something (and especially if you just leave a less annoying one alive so he doesn't go into crazy mode...) Similarly, Great C is a gimmick fight, while Second Sun can be a hard boss.

...are the new swordmaster skills that disappointing? I mean, Explosive Flame Sword on warrior is 237% - 77% >.> I'm also really confused that Samidare Slash, the AoE, is the stronger skill?? 169% attack is really sad for a single target postgame skill on a class whose entire point is "It's Warrior, except you lose all the passives to get two new skills and slightly more base atk.", whether it gives the party 1mp or not. Have you tested it on neutral 1f enemies to see just the base attack influence when def isn't in the picture?

If you're finding the new subclasses, I'm curious about the new magic attacks c: I want to see if they're good enough to care... apparently Execution has good mind piercing, at the least. In version C apparently they both ignored mind entirely, ahahha, but that was fixed.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2016, 03:04:48 PM »
I was talking about the 160 icon in B1F (ie.
Spoiler:
Shadow Onis
). I did beat Desire Eating Demon too, although since I didn't have perpetual Cat's Walk engine for it, it was still a thing.

And I'm fairly certain that the total attack influence of Moon Shadow Flash is around 1.69ish (Ran with 1996 attack was doing high 3300s to the 1F enemies). I did kind of just assume that the def factor is 0.65 though since I haven't actually tried using it on higher def enemies unlike Samidare; just went with the most used template of (x-0.5)*x. I'll give it some more tries later. For Archmage I have to actually get the proof item first; I just defeated
Spoiler:
Shadow Kogasa
and the proof haven't yet shown up.

Also the guy answered my twitter "@MajesticMystic ウオオ只今確認できました!ご報告ありがとうございます! " So Sealing Club should be fixed on the next update.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:43:54 PM by RegalStar »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »
I was talking about the 160 icon in B1F (ie.
Spoiler:
Shadow Onis
). I did beat Desire Eating Demon too, although since I didn't have perpetual Cat's Walk engine for it, it was still a thing.
derpaderpaderp, right, plus disk trial stuff

I imagine it's because the others are like, superbosses, but the actual Plus Disk fights are just "common" bosses. The distinction gets a little mixed up with level recs being in this game and postgame/plus disk meshing together, but, yeah.

And, huh... that's... weird. I guess they really -are- just not very strong...??? I guess at least that means I don't have to give a crap about swordmaster? I still think I might want to use Arch Mage (magus? w/e) on Maribel, since she'll be concentrating every other turn a lot (also making the expensive high-delay arch mage skills more usable- not to mention she could totally use new all-targets for randoms as Void is certainly nice, but it's not a very strong skill or ever hitting weakness) and her synergy with Renko makes the higher base stat increase more valuable. She can self-buff and has innate low buff decay anyway so she doesn't need the passive mag bonus quite as much. (I'm still considering just leaving her as Sorceress, but in the end, it's really probably not important.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:27:14 PM by Serela »