Author Topic: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush (Full Release v0.99 + Updates)  (Read 10971 times)

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush (Full Release v0.99 + Updates)
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »
 :DHey, Junky/Luigix1122 here!

This project has been destroying my sanity for the past few months.
These are outdated screenshots.
I can finally rest.

So the player you would be using is Tsubakura (not Python's player) and, like Touhou All Star Medley, you'd be going up against every single Len'en character. There for, each character has at least 1 non-spell and 1 spellcard (with the exception of characters with multiple forms).

I've finnaly finnished with all the attacks! Now I just got to work on fine tunning this thing as much as possible.

Of course, some of those spell cards are jokes because honestly I can't resist not putting them in.

Things I need to work on so far:
Ironing out minor glitches
Easy Mode

I really appreciate any tips, criticism, telling offs or any other general help given.  :D

Download link here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/junky/p/lenen-all-star-medley-make-sure-to-download-music-files

Music Files here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/junky/p/lenen-all-star-medley-music-files

Update Files here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/junky/p/lenen-all-star-medley-absurdly-all-star-update

-----Updates-----
  • v0.41 - Fixed small bug with player bomb
  • v0.5 - Now includes stage 4
  • v0.99 - Full release

-----Updates (Now in separate page on Bulletforge)-----
  • v1.00 - Absurdly All-Star completed

Credits:
See credits section in project.

Thanks for at least clicking on this!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:43:49 AM by Luigix1122 »
Anyone can be amazing at danmakufu. I believe in you! Push yourself to become the greatest!

(One day I'll become the greatest danmakufu scripter that there ever was.
...Got a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go.)

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
Re: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 07:15:28 PM »
A boss rush? This is certainly new...either way, this looks great so far! I can't wait to see the finished product!  :D
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
Re: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 09:30:32 PM »
Thanks! I have No clue when I'll get this done.
Anyone can be amazing at danmakufu. I believe in you! Push yourself to become the greatest!

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
Re: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush (Demo Test Available!!)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »
The download link is available now!  :)

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »
Hi Junky,
I'm not that familiar with Len'en, but from what I have seen, this fits well.
I'm trying out the demo, and I found a bug.
Whenever I get hit right at the end of my bomb I get this error:
Code: [Select]
you are using a variable that has not been set yet.
(一回も代入していない変数を使おうとしました)
D:/Misc/PROGRAMING/th_dnh_ph3/script/2OtherScripts/Len'en Demo/Tsubakura/Tsubakura.txt
Tsubakura.txt line(行)=1455

ObjShot_SetSpellFactor(obj,true);
            ObjShot_SetSpellFactor(obj2,true);
        }
        loop(3)
        {
            let obj = CreatePlayerShotA1(GetPlayerX+rand(RANDER,-RANDER),GetPlayerY+rand(RANDER,-RANDER),45,-90,5,99999,1
~~~

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »
Hi Junky,
I'm not that familiar with Len'en, but from what I have seen, this fits well.
I'm trying out the demo, and I found a bug.
Whenever I get hit right at the end of my bomb I get this error:
you are using a variable that has not been set yet.
(一回も代入していない変数を使おうとしました)
D:/Misc/PROGRAMING/th_dnh_ph3/script/2OtherScripts/Len'en Demo/Tsubakura/Tsubakura.txt
Tsubakura.txt line(行)=1455

ObjShot_SetSpellFactor(obj,true);
            ObjShot_SetSpellFactor(obj2,true);
        }
        loop(3)
        {
            let obj = CreatePlayerShotA1(GetPlayerX+rand(RANDER,-RANDER),GetPlayerY+rand(RANDER,-RANDER),45,-90,5,99999,1
~~~

Fixed it!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:18:31 PM by Luigix1122 »

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
Re: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush (Download Link Available)
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 05:01:01 PM »
After trying the demo...it's certainly hard. But that doesn't make it bad, of course! It's a really good script so far, and I can't wait to see how this goes!  :D
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 09:37:55 AM »
After trying the demo...it's certainly hard. But that doesn't make it bad, of course! It's a really good script so far, and I can't wait to see how this goes!  :D

Thanks!

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 05:49:04 PM »
I'm in the mood for Len'en, so I'll try this out.   :D

Planning on adding the new BPoHC characters? That'd be really awesome.

Edit: Tried it out and got beaten up pretty badly.  xD     Tsuba's level 3 shot is pretty narrow and makes things really complicated. But the patterns are, or at least all that I've seen, great. I've got mixed feelings about the difficulty and the limited amount of lives (Yes, I used all of them up and got a Game Over....) but that's just Len'en being Len'en.
Also, it's kind of weird how you could just start without selecting stages and just instantly have Danmakufu be done with the script.   :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:54:06 PM by binbinbake »

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »
The script sometimes crashes after beating Lumen's last spell "Prismic Drive". Also, the script seems to randomly end several seconds into Sese's "special attack". Is that an anti-Undertale in-joke or a glitch?

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »
The script sometimes crashes after beating Lumen's last spell "Prismic Drive". Also, the script seems to randomly end several seconds into Sese's "special attack". Is that an anti-Undertale in-joke or a glitch?

It's a glitch. qwq I had no clue this glitch existed. I'll try to get on it as soon as I can, I'm kinda caught up by school and stuff.
I've also been told that these 2 issues are the main ones so I'll priorities these first.

Note: I'm not one for doing things quickly.  :V
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:51:01 AM by Luigix1122 »

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 02:49:52 AM »
I'm in the mood for Len'en, so I'll try this out.   :D

Planning on adding the new BPoHC characters? That'd be really awesome.

Edit: Tried it out and got beaten up pretty badly.  xD     Tsuba's level 3 shot is pretty narrow and makes things really complicated. But the patterns are, or at least all that I've seen, great. I've got mixed feelings about the difficulty and the limited amount of lives (Yes, I used all of them up and got a Game Over....) but that's just Len'en being Len'en.
Also, it's kind of weird how you could just start without selecting stages and just instantly have Danmakufu be done with the script.   :P

1: Mhm. I am going to be spending most of my time to try and understand them first.
2: I don't really have any friends who can test play it so the difficulty is abiiiit....Eh
3: ouo...Just dun't suck fam and you'll win. Seriously though, I will fix the lives when I have the time.
4: Hey, it's an easy way to beat the script I guess?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:04:44 AM by Luigix1122 »

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
Re: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush (v0.5)
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 09:21:13 PM »
Just played for the first time, and I've noticed that your project needs a LOT of work on the optimization side. At a constant rate, the game momentarily freezes, for example. It might be an issue with how you're handling objects in the background.

Also, Kurohebi's spell switches between around 30 FPS and 50 FPS, while Lumen's nonspell runs at like 5 FPS. For Lumen's case, I don't know what kind of logic you're doing for controlling the knives, but there's probably a better way. Similarly, Lumen's spell drops very quickly from a decent FPS to an awful FPS.

Make sure all objects delete when they are supposed to, and make sure that you aren't performing needless calculations or operations. If you are using Object Autodelete, take advantage of the freedom it allows you. If you're now, PLEASE make sure that all objects are deleted after their use has concluded.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:24:13 PM by Sparen »

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 09:36:58 PM »
Just played for the first time, and I've noticed that your project needs a LOT of work on the optimization side. At a constant rate, the game momentarily freezes, for example. It might be an issue with how you're handling objects in the background.

Also, Kurohebi's spell switches between around 30 FPS and 50 FPS, while Lumen's nonspell runs at like 5 FPS. For Lumen's case, I don't know what kind of logic you're doing for controlling the knives, but there's probably a better way. Similarly, Lumen's spell drops very quickly from a decent FPS to an awful FPS.

Make sure all objects delete when they are supposed to, and make sure that you aren't performing needless calculations or operations. If you are using Object Autodelete, take advantage of the freedom it allows you. If you're now, PLEASE make sure that all objects are deleted after their use has concluded.

Huh? Really? That's odd.
From your videos on youtube, it seems your computer can run things alot better than my old computer. I'm more confused as my old computer with an aweful 2gb(or 1.4 I can't remember at the moment) of ram can run this just fine, which is odd considering that scripts like Natashi's Sanra+Mitori's script run as bad as you describe how my script runs for you. I've even given some test versions to other people and they say it runs just fine. I'm sorry if this came off as rude, it's just I didn't think this was an issue, I started this project on a s***ty computer so I forced myself to learn how to minimise lag and stuttering.

Never the less, I'll look into it. Thanks for addressing this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:40:20 PM by Luigix1122 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 02:08:36 AM »
Huh? Really? That's odd.
From your videos on youtube, it seems your computer can run things alot better than my old computer. I'm more confused as my old computer with an aweful 2gb(or 1.4 I can't remember at the moment) of ram can run this just fine, which is odd considering that scripts like Natashi's Sanra+Mitori's script run as bad as you describe how my script runs for you. I've even given some test versions to other people and they say it runs just fine. I'm sorry if this came off as rude, it's just I didn't think this was an issue, I started this project on a s***ty computer so I forced myself to learn how to minimise lag and stuttering.

Never the less, I'll look into it. Thanks for addressing this.

Do you use the Log Window? It may be helpful to see if objects are being properly deleted, etc. I haven't taken a look at your code though, so I can't specify any problems there at the moment.

The main issue was that weird consistent freezing, which I assume to be an issue with loading resources constantly. If you aren't doing so yet, use LoadTexture for all of your background assets at some point, preferably at the start of your package (if you're using one) or at the start of your background script (if you're using a stage only).

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
Do you use the Log Window? It may be helpful to see if objects are being properly deleted, etc. I haven't taken a look at your code though, so I can't specify any problems there at the moment.

The main issue was that weird consistent freezing, which I assume to be an issue with loading resources constantly. If you aren't doing so yet, use LoadTexture for all of your background assets at some point, preferably at the start of your package (if you're using one) or at the start of your background script (if you're using a stage only).

let nbg1 = GCSD~"img/BG/3d_3_0.png";
let nbg2 = GCSD~"img/BG/07_02_3d.png";
let nbg3 = GCSD~"img/BG/3d_2_2.png";
let nbg4 = GCSD~"img/BG/3d_2_3.png";
let sbg1 = GCSD~"img/BG/SPBG15.png";
let sbg2 = GCSD~"img/BG/SPBG2.png";
let sbg3 = GCSD~"img/BG/SPBG3.png";

let block1 = GCSD~"img/BG/04_12.png";
let block2 = GCSD~"img/BG/04_13.png";
let block3 = GCSD~"img/BG/04_14.png";
let block4 = GCSD~"img/BG/04_15.png";
let block5 = GCSD~"img/BG/04_16.png";
//LoadTexture(nbg1);
//LoadTexture(nbg2);
//LoadTexture(nbg3);
//LoadTexture(nbg4);
//LoadTexture(sbg1);
//LoadTexture(sbg2);
//LoadTexture(sbg3);

Oops. o.oUuu I forgot to un-comment them. Thaaaaat might be why there's a wierd freezing. Thanks for telling me. o3oU
Also I'll utilise Log Window more and see where the Lumen thing is going wrong.

By the way, what's the best way to set up sound effects? I've noticed that the object count doesn't go down when a sound effect is finnished playing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:08:36 PM by Luigix1122 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:04 PM »
By the way, what's the best way to set up sound effects? I've noticed that the object count doesn't go down when a sound effect is finnished playing.

When I made DEC, I began to realize that there was a strange but gradual FPS drop that, by the time Stage 3 came along, made the game fall to 20 FPS. The reason? Undeleted Sound Effects.

The standard way to handle sound effects in larger scale projects is to use NotifyEvent with EV_USER. You create the sound effect objects once, and each event plays a specific sound effect.

I recently ported SeitenTouji over to a Notify-Event based system. It makes the system more efficient and easier to change. However, it was complicated to implement, and implementation details will be dependent on how you currently handle sound effects.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »
After i download how do i play it? (i'm sorry this is my first time trying to play a touhou (or similar) game, until now i just watched videos and things like that)

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
After i download how do i play it? (i'm sorry this is my first time trying to play a touhou (or similar) game, until now i just watched videos and things like that)
Step 1: Download Danmakufu ( http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org/wiki/Main_Page )
Step 2: Put the Len'en Demo folder in the folder 'scripts'
Step 3: Open up Danmakufu
Step 4: Select dictionaries
Step 5: Select the Len'en Demo folder
Step 6: Press the left button and vwalla, select the one you want to play.

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
Thank you!

Junky

• Just Another Scripter
  • *external screams*
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
Well, it's here.

Re: Danmakufu ph3: Len'en Boss Rush (Full Release v0.99 + Updates)
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
Game crashes after finishing Adagumo no Yaorochi stage. All levels was selected, ~400 deaths on the crash time.
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm