Author Topic: Meira = Yorihime???  (Read 2069 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Meira = Yorihime???
« on: November 12, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
Was very bored today, so I've decided to go watch a playthrough of Story Of Eastern Wonderland on YouTube.
Stopped watching after the Let's Player defeats Meira, the second boss of the game who has purple hair tied into a ponytail with a ribbon, and uses a katana.
I then switch to browsing for Yorihime fanarts on Danbooru to pass the time further...

...And that's when it hit me.
Meira and Yorihime, despite being born in completely different places, and at different times (at least 1 million years apart?), have similar appearances.
Purple hair? Check. Ponytail? Check. Tied with a ribbon? Check. Use a katana? Check...
Similar to Reimu in some way in debut? Meira and PC98!Reimu have the same color scheme (the former wants to claim the latter's power, which led to WMGs that they are somehow related), Yorihime and Windows!Reimu are different sides of the same coin (both can summon Shinto gods, both are supposedly unstoppable in their respective homelands, both tolerates the presence of supposed enemy races/species near them, both having PR problems with their people, etc...), so that's a big check.

What a surprise. Nobody thought that Bishie samurai Meira and moonbitch Yorihime looked so similar despite being complete strangers...or were they complete strangers?
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Meira = Yorihime???
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
I suppose it makes sense if you ignore their personalities, motivations, origins, relative might, and roles are completely different.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
Re: Meira = Yorihime???
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:16 AM »
I guess that's some way to old PC98 character revival, like Yuuka & Alice who are more like revival rather than a port or transmigration.

or more like re-imagining ?

i don't know what i'm talking about