Author Topic: Why the girl hair colour  (Read 3636 times)

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
Why the girl hair colour
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
Touhou character hairs and head things are the main if not the sole identifying factor most of the time to tell who is who apart from canon attire.
Obviously their hair colour not just randomly picked from rainbow roulette, or at least not out of whim mostly. So what things taken into consideration when deciding hair colour for the character? here's my take on guess

• Reimu (Windows)
    She's a genuine Japanese girl i guess. Dunno why it sometime brown-ish, lighting probably.
  • Marisa (Windōws)
    Her name sounds like Marissa, a western name, so she bleach her hair blonde, as part of her rebellious phase act. and her eye too while she at it because why not.
  • Rumia
    They like, "look, this is an eastern game with western demon girls".
  • Cirno
    Obviously ice theme i guess.
  • Meiling
    Her name probably, so why her name? like, telling this is where the red start! maybe
  • Sakuya
    ........dunno, stress?
  • Patchoulli (i probably misspelled her name, got tired recheck every time)
    I seriously had no idea, you guys tell me.
  • Remilia
    The boss of the whole scarlet game, telling you any bizzarity is possible in this game.
  • Flandre
    Now this is vampire! don't thought too much about her wing

Honorable mention
    • Small fry big fairy
      Nature typically depicted as green.
    • Little devil in scarlet devil mansion
      Now we're talking!

• Letty
    She just like shaved ice, so grape syrup would look good on her.
  • Chen
    She's orange. I lied.
  • Prismriver sisters
    Blonde in black are cool, or just to look cool as the eldest.
    Brown in red look average, sly one usually like that.
    Light blue in pink looks elegant & calming, turn out she's maniac.
  • Alice
    The another certain Alice usually blonde. or this one just actually foreigner.
  • Youmu
    Konpaku lineage have white hair. I just made that up.
  • Yuyuko
    She's cosplaying sakura tree.
  • Ran
    That's not hair, that's fur.
  • Yukarin
    haha a blonde purple.

• Mystia
    Yakitori gotta looks yummy, pink is yummy. Pink yakitori are questionable though.
  • Wriggle
    Thats a grass camo, she's trauma from abduction.
  • Keine
    She made herself looks like a funkster by dyeing part of her hair with light blue.
  • Tewi
    When human aged, their hair turn white, when demonic animal aged, their fur turn black. ......what?......
  • Eirin
    She's just old, pls no bully.
  • Kaguya
    Like traditional kaguya pretty plain
  • Green Keine
    Her dress mystically became green, so she uses green hair dyes. gotta match your dress, man!
  • Mokou
    She has aged, that's normal. wait.........

• Kazami-san (kyaaaaaaaa)
    Look at that beyond elegant wavy green hair, her gorgeous intimidating red eyes, scary beatiful smile, there's absolutely nothing wrong, a beyond perfect creature.
    yeah? why hair colour? i dunno, but she looks good in that so don't bother with minor detail pls.
  • Komachi
    She dye it, for camouflage when naping in red spider lily field.
  • Hina
    Taking too much green thing. Not weed, just sayin
  • Momiji
    That's not hair, That's fur. Also, she's bite.
  • Kogasa
    To match her not-red eyes. why her eye colour? that's different topic, silly.
  • Kasen
    Roses are red, Kasen are pink, one armed hermit are horned & wild. i.......i dunno.......
  • Wakasagihime
    If she had red hair Touhou will get sued, so she had blue hair instead for total denial & opposition. Safety first.

What do you guys think? are there any character that you think not fit very well with their hair colour? or why it goes very well with them? Not just the above mentioned, but every cast.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Re: Why the girl hair colour
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »
It's very much a case of Gensokyo's First Law.  Do we on the outside believe in these weird hair colors?  We don't, so guess where they end up!

That said when it comes to specific girls Akyuu's always seemed a throwback to the purple haired humans of PC-98 era.  Her name is on the official PC-98 era soundtracks, after all.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 12:41:09 AM »
Shit, i just realized i forgot Reisen in IN section

Reisen
for sexual appeal

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:12:20 AM »
  • Sakuya
    ........dunno, stress?
ok this one made me laugh. Well done.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 07:05:44 AM »
Patchoulli:
Sign of Lineage, or hair dye.

Youmu:
Half-Ghost.

Yuyuko:
Canonically, she had a darker shade of hair color when she was living. But now, it serves as symbolism for Cherry Blossoms.

Yukari:
Is Maribel Hearn. Who is an westerner.

Kaguya:
Most beautiful women in the world, so she never ages.

Mokou:
Slightly old age (This is because she canonically had black hair when she was a kid).
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »
Kaguya: Not to mention she's a Lunarian in the first place. Probably because Mokou is a human that her hair turned like that due to stress of intense power.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 12:07:04 AM »
If so, then hourai elixir must have some bullshit in it, or that one elixir accidentally had eirin shenanigan. or human body reaction are faster than the initial effect of hourai.

A bit serious, possibly Moko dark hair from the past was dyed somehow someway, and her natural hair colour are really white. The elixir restore it. Her red eyes too.

And that also kinda clarify that spell thing(or probably just some) & flight capabilities are wholly tied to mind or soul and doesn't require alteration to physical body. Assume Moko learn all her flamey thing after becoming hourai person.
or she self re-acquire the thing after each reset (honestly it's more like reset rather than resurrection), such a chore

or hair turning white & eyes turning red doesn't count as "damaging" thus updated as "initial state".

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 01:36:13 AM »
A bit serious, possibly Moko dark hair from the past was dyed somehow someway, and her natural hair colour are really white. The elixir restore it. Her red eyes too.
I highly doubt it, black is a pretty common hair color for Japanese people. And Mokou is Japanese.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi