Author Topic: Preview: チルノレーシング・幻想へのロード 「Cirno Racing - Road to Genso」 - Buckle up.  (Read 40830 times)

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
*rants
*pats Ghaleon while looking away sobbing

I'd like to give thanks as well. I guess I missed reading/checking on EDICT the rest of the section's name "捏造の記録" that I only read Cirno Racing and jumped onto the concept arts.

Anyway, unless there's official announcement from the site about its development being stopped or what, I'll think to believe for myself that it's still under development, only slow. *getting my hopes still high? |3
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
I'm tired of all the trolling that the few Touhou fans with resources and skills keep doing. :'(

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
The whole game is fabricated. They just drew a bunch of concept art and ideas and made some screenshots.

Of course, there was another notice saying how it's status could change at any given time...

So I guess I 'll lock this thread or what?

Same actually I am wondering about Age of Ethanols, sound as a fabricated image game aswell. Rather than a real game.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Look at the bright side people: a similliar game might eventually come into the works, just from different, more reliable creators.

I mean, it's Mario Kart. With Touhou. It's creation is inevitable.

Hopeful said inevitable creation doesn't contain Blue Shells.

I'm actually happy it didn't went through. The low screen might have been bothersome. You saw more floor than scenery.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Look at the bright side people: a similliar game might eventually come into the works, just from different, more reliable creators.

I mean, it's Mario Kart. With Touhou. It's creation is inevitable.

Hopeful said inevitable creation doesn't contain Blue Shells.

I'm actually happy it didn't went through. The low screen might have been bothersome. You saw more floor than scenery.

Games in production often have boring or no scenery.  *continues sobbing*

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Bet you didn't check this comparison.

Also, I'm not quite happy Cirno Racing being too often linked to Mario Kart than Chocobo Racing... probably because I haven't played Mario Kart, but meh |V...

I keep N-Forza's word to keep me up |3
Of course, there was another notice saying how it's status could change at any given time...
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Chocobo Racing was kinda niche, IIRC, especially compared to Mario Kart. There's no reason you should be irritated at the comparisons >_>

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
D| Well, sorry for not joining the Mario Kart craze then.
...which makes me figure I'm missing something big >_<;;. Nice stroke.

I could say I was irritated now that I know I have a biased view. *turns to submission*
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:09:41 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »

Wait, I heard some people saying this was actually released at reitaisai...

Oh hey yeah a demo was released :V

N-Forza

Yep, I have a copy myself. Haven't played it yet, but I asked the people at the booth if it was for real this time.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I wanna try this game badly >=P. How much did it cost? Is that likely the price of the full version when it's out? I might buy it once I get a better idea of the game other than a few screenshots.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
ふっっか~~~~つ!(REVIVAL!!!) though I'd keep my, uhh, hyper-ness for myself for now >_<

The last update (3/2) told how much: 200円 / 200 yen, or US$2.2 I think?... Though I think I better leave this to someone who actually saw / bought one >_<

CirnoRacing Homepage updated when I visited o_o. The update speaks of thanks to the visitors and about a patch, as far as I can read.

Wah, Reitaisai yesterday, and I didn't even... o_o
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:26:40 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Yep, I have a copy myself. Haven't played it yet, but I asked the people at the booth if it was for real this time.
GHNDGHHFBGJGGHND

And you are wondering why people are Parsee at you =| I am curious about this game.

N-Forza

Installed the game and the patch, but it's really barebones right now. When they said version 0.02, they weren't kidding. It's just the first two parts of the beginner's mode. First part is Cirno and Daiyousei crashing into a tree and the second is a tutorial from Nitori.

So far they seem to be on the right track (hurr). It controls decently enough, steer, accelerate, brake and hop. Attacks charge up over time, and there are two levels so far, but actually using them wasn't working yet. The graphics are a good start too. It ran smoothly, but maybe it was just because the environment was so simple.

Looks like it's running off of XNA so non-Windows users might have a hard time running it? I dunno.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
A quick search on youtube showed one movie of exact thing you are describing. The game has potential as far as I can see but looks indeed terribly in alpha mode. Neverless, game development is never a easy thing. Especially when you do it as a fan with few friends or so.

Looking forward to future dev, just like Age of Ethanols.

dustyjo

The game doesn't look that great if I'm honest.

They should make a touhou version of San Francisco Rush.

The game doesn't look that great if I'm honest.

They should make a touhou version of Burnout.

Fixed.

dustyjo

Or better yet, a Touhou version of StarFox. Starring Ran, Aya, Reisen and Suwako.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:11:23 AM by dustyjo »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Or better yet, a Touhou version of StarFox. Starring Ran, Aya, Reisen and Suwako.

... Sometimes it scares me how accurately Touhou can rip off (I don't really like the term since Touhouificated games are often improvements but meh) a game without actually deviating from itself.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
... and Momiji?

And so the Ran/Mimiji Yuri begins....Assuming it hasn't already.

dustyjo

And so the Ran/Mimiji Yuri begins....Assuming it hasn't already.

It hasn't, actually.

Who would be Leon/Pigma/Andrew?