Author Topic: Preview: チルノレーシング・幻想へのロード 「Cirno Racing - Road to Genso」 - Buckle up.  (Read 40702 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
チルノレーシング・幻想へのロード 「Cirno Racing - Road to Genso」

BunBunMaru news office brings you another preview of a rather interesting game that I have stumbled upon quite a while ago, but never actually found good informative source for.

The game carries the the name: Cirno Racing which was presented on this year's Comiket C76. And as you might have guessed, it is a racing game. Unfortunately, again this is mere a preview. There are rumours being spread about a possible demo being available soon. I hope to write an more indept article if a demo is released for free by the developers

Official site: http://n216.com/hrszn/cirno_racing/index.html
A preview movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QthHBismaVQ&fmt=18

I wish I could read japanese
-Helepolis

Article edit: Thanks BaitySM for the japanese name
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:39:20 PM by Helepolis »

Re: Preview: Touhou 「Cirno Racing」 - Buckle up.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »
*HONK HONK*

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »
Looks like tuxracer with Touhou characters <_<
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »
I am hearing suddenly various rumours about this game either being an april fool joke or canceled. But if I don't see anything written on their official site about this. Kind of late for an april fool joke in my opinion.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »
I've seriously been waiting for this for some time now. I hope we get it at C77.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
If this is real I will LP it and act like a 6-year-old whenever playing as Cirno by making various car sounds the entire time.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Letty Whiterock

If this is real I will LP it and act like a 6-year-old whenever playing as Cirno by making various car sounds the entire time.
Please don't.

Please don't.
Seriously. DON?T DO IT!

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Please don't.
Seriously. DON?T DO IT!
I would actually find that a funny although very annoying.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Genso is actually a real word, you know. Considering they're already in Gensokyo, I think "Road to Fantasy" is better. Maybe 'Illusion' instead of fantasy if you want to be literal.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Anybody know if this game is scheduled for playable demo or whatever by this upcoming Comiket?

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
|D Definitely been waiting for this game.
... Wait, they updated? Last update says 2009.7.23. I don't see any difference from my last visit... but meh :V *went hyper again, thanks :3
Spoiler:
CirnoRacing Idea Dump in the homepage of the artist. Could be spoilers in some way. Link? Uhm... go figure (and I gave a hint :V).

I have an old thread about Cirno Racing... buuut I'm not encouraged to post there and necro it =x=

I am hearing suddenly various rumours about this game either being an april fool joke or canceled. But if I don't see anything written on their official site about this. Kind of late for an april fool joke in my opinion.
I sooo hope it's no april fool joke ;_;. It looks too awesome to be an april fool joke... wait... o_o;;
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Momiji

• Cya
AHAHAA LETTY RIDES A TRICYCLE.

And Kaguya's car is the best. XD  Also, the Koumakyou crew.

This looks fun.  I hope it's not another one of those "preview video only" things, and actually gets released (and that it works in Wine).

BTW:  Art list 1, Art list 2.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:31:00 PM by Momiji »

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Spoiler:
CirnoRacing Idea Dump in the homepage of the artist. Could be spoilers in some way. Link? Uhm... go figure (and I gave a hint :V ).
AHAHAA LETTY RIDES A TRICYCLE.

And Kaguya's car is the best. XD  Also, the Koumakyou crew.

This looks fun.  I hope it's not another one of those "preview video only" things, and actually gets released (and that it works in Wine).

BTW:  Art list 1, Art list 2.
... Ah well, it's been exposed xD

They make the weirdest race tracks. Also a no-loop track at that. Heh, that's Gensokyo for you.

... And I doubt this will ever work on Windows98SE =x=;; (guessing that game will at least need DirectX 9's d3d_33.dll, which my dinosaur OS doesn't support)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:48:53 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Letty Whiterock

The more i see of this the less sceptical i get. I'm actually starting to look forward to it. Lets hope that it isn't some kind of joke

N-Forza

チルノレーシング捏造の記録 - Cirno Racing Fabricated Documents

Sorry guys.

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Momiji

• Cya
... And I doubt this will ever work on Windows98SE =x=;;
You need to update.  At least to Win2k, unless you need straight DOS support for something.

Anyway, it seems like they might be doing a trial release next summer.  Hopefully it's not another Touhou vaporware game with a pretty video.

チルノレーシング捏造の記録 - Cirno Racing Fabricated Documents

Sorry guys.
Wait, what?!?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:47:57 PM by Momiji »

N-Forza

You heard me. It was on the same webpage where you clicked on the art lists.

And the notice you saw for the trial release had been up for a long time, so it was a reference to LAST summer.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
You heard me. It was on the same webpage where you clicked on the art lists.

And the notice you saw for the trial release had been up for a long time, so it was a reference to LAST summer.

Wait, sorry. so the whole game is fabricated? or just the art links? Careful how you answer, angry mob might abuse you >=P

Seems like it was either a fabrication, or the people making it gave up on it and never said anything.

Seemed like a lot of work for a fake, but if anyone is familiar with Enjoy April Fool's Day,
Japanese people seem to like to waste work.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Seems more like one of those forgotten projects than a joke, after reading through the website a bit more thoroughly. No one seems to be mentioning it on the front page, though.

Just another forgotten project that could have been cool...

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

N-Forza

The whole game is fabricated. They just drew a bunch of concept art and ideas and made some screenshots.

Of course, there was another notice saying how it's status could change at any given time...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
The whole game is fabricated. They just drew a bunch of concept art and ideas and made some screenshots.

Of course, there was another notice saying how it's status could change at any given time...

.... I say we all beat you up to feel better!

Seriously though, sign me up for the church of euthinasia *sobs and slashes wrists*.

Seriously though, thanks for informing us sad mortals before we got too attached. ='(

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
If all else fails, we'll make our OWN Touhou racing game!
With Black Jack! And Hookers!
in fact, FORGET THE RACING GAME!!
Wotters gonna' wot

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Goddamnit ;_;

What a waste of time its not even funny. I'm sure the people who did put this out gave up anyways.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
You need to update.  At least to Win2k, unless you need straight DOS support for something.
If I'll update this old PC to Win2k, I'll go straight to XP. Eh, I'm too loyal for Win98SE to change ^x^

Seriously though, thanks for informing us sad mortals before we got too attached. ='(
Too late for me =.=

Artist tend to draw game concept sketches, it seems. He's full of ideas, just not enough human force or whatever reason to complete even one, I guess...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Too late for me =.=

Same here actually. I was just trying to thank *twitch* the only not-evil mother*censored* STUPID GOD DAMN *moar censored* who tried (and failed) to save me the anguish... WHYYYYY GOD WHYYY!! *sobs*