Author Topic: Which Games Are You Anticipating Now?  (Read 9200 times)

NaCl

• Salty bitch
  • I'm very salty. Sometimes.
Which Games Are You Anticipating Now?
« on: October 04, 2016, 09:08:52 PM »
Well, I dug around Akyu's Arcade a bit and didn't notice any general thread for upcoming games so I decided: why not simply make one? (Of course, if there perchance is one hidden under a billion threads down there somewhere, please tell me. I'll post there instead!)

There are a ton of new games coming out all the time. I've already spotted a couple extremely promising ones that are totally worth checking out.
Cross Code (Early Alpha, coming out hopefully Spring 2017)
Death's Gambit (Release sometime on 2017)
Yomawari: A Night Alone (Coming this month!)

Are there any games YOU are anticipating right now? Let's share it together!

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Which Games Are You Anticipating Now?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 01:01:06 AM »
Persona 5 and Blazblue Central Fiction. Buying a PS4 pretty much just for those, so yeah, I'm excited for them.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 04:51:25 AM »
La-Mulana 2 is targetted for spring of next year, so there's that

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:25:05 AM »
La-Mulana 2 is targetted for spring of next year, so there's that
Oh, huh, I'll have to keep and eye out for that, I almost forgot about it. Persona 5 is also on my list, as is Pokemon Moon, but the most eagerly awaited game I'm looking forward to...Is A.N.N.E, a cute and blocky run and gun exploration platformer (read, Metroidvania). It's been in the works for years, they even switched over to Unity to improve upon it, and looking at their Kickstarter page they seem to be aiming for next Summer for at least a Beta release. I really hope it's worth it, Number 25 looks so cute ;w;

NaCl

• Salty bitch
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »
I haven't played any Persona games (saw a playthrough of P4:G though. Fell instantly in love) but I'm pretty hyped for P5! Can't wait to see a lot of weird stuff and listen to some groovy funk a la Shoji Meguro!

A.N.N.E, a cute and blocky run and gun exploration platformer (read, Metroidvania). It's been in the works for years, they even switched over to Unity to improve upon it, and looking at their Kickstarter page they seem to be aiming for next Summer for at least a Beta release. I really hope it's worth it, Number 25 looks so cute ;w;
I've never heard of that one before. That's going to my list, for sure!

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »
I am personally eagerly awaiting the new Battletech game due out sometime next year.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 04:59:32 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqjzSX4GRqg

I interest to play " For Honor"  in term of game mechanic and  medival theme!  hope that Ubisoft didn't screw up this game...

Two sides of the coin

Drake

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 04:57:54 AM »
Color Splash releases on Friday and I am anticipating it, regardless.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 05:47:25 AM »
Well, there's Criminal Girls 2 releasing next week. Fate/Extella next month (hopefully).
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 12:33:05 PM »
Etrian Odyssey V can't come to the West fast enough.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 02:36:59 PM »
Trails of Cold Steel 2.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

NaCl

• Salty bitch
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 09:14:25 PM »
Trails of Cold Steel 2.
I really need to play Cold Steel myself. I've only played Trails in the Sky, and I loved it.

So many interesting games coming! Can't wait for negative bank account balance Steam Winter Sales!!

NaCl

• Salty bitch
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »
I'm probably going to have to buy a PS4. So many games I want to play: FFXV; FFVII:re; KH3; P5; Nioh; Bloodborne; Cyberpunk 2077; Horizon Zero Dawn; Nier Automata AT LEAST. It actually annoys me how much I want to play some of those games. Better be worth a 400? paywall and 70? for game, each. Glad I got a job finally. Oh wait, no I didn't -- compulsory conscription incoming, goodbye income.  :(

That aside, I decided to "upgrade" to Windows 10 a few days ago. Sole reason: this beautiful thing. DMC + Monster Hunter + How to Train Your Dragon? I dunno what Platinum games was smoking this time, but I'd like to have some of that myself!  :D

It was revealed to be only on Xbone but recently they promised it would also come on Windows 10 -- so everyone interested, go download that upgrade while it's still free (and immediately after, a few tools to help you protect yourself from this spyware of a system)!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 01:59:36 PM »
I'm probably going to have to buy a PS4. So many games I want to play: FFXV; FFVII:re; KH3; P5; Nioh; Bloodborne; Cyberpunk 2077; Horizon Zero Dawn; Nier Automata AT LEAST.
Don't forget No Man's Sky, I heard it's great!
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 04:31:51 PM »
Pokemon Sun and Moon  :o
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
Pokemon Sun and Moon  :o
Likewise.
Euro-maidens represent!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
Etrian Odyssey V can't come to the West fast enough.

This.

Also Dragon Quest XI.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
Just Persona 5, pretty much.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 05:49:52 PM »
Streets of Rogue, a video game which is basically like a Roguelike with better graphics and real-time gameplay.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:38 AM »
There's Touhou Gensou Wanderer, in February; Operation Babel (sequel to Operation Abyss, a Vita dungeon crawler) next spring; A Rose in the Twilight (same artist as in HtoL#NiQ) also next spring; Mary Skelter: Nightmares at some point next year...
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 02:27:13 PM »
They released an English SD Gundam G Generation for the PS4 (asian region to be precise) so I am crossing my finger for a English  Super Robot Taisen with anime series like Gundam and Getter Robot. :)
Season 2 of Creepy Castle would be nice too. ^^

You can wish for anything!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »
2016 could very well be the best year in gaming ever for me, and 2017 isn't giving me a break. Lots of games came out in 2016 that I wanted but opted not to buy right away cuz there were so damn many that I didn't even have time to play half of them. I've been a souls fan since demons' souls, and pre-ordered them in the past, but I STILL didn't get 3 yet because I'm waiting for a GoTY edition... there are other games like that too. But that being said, I just recently got xcom2 because humble monthly has it for 12 bucks, holy carp. So yeah I'm playing that and boom, long war 2 is out. yokai-jesus damn! I also recently got enter the gungeon, and they're coming out with a free 'supply drop' imminently. Which sounds to be something between dlc and an expansion. Then Fushigi no gensokyou is finally getting englished in march, Trails in the sky 3rd is coming out this spring, 2 out of 3 kicksters I ever supported are finishing up their beta testing, the 3rd being bloodstained, which will probably get a beta late this year. As mentioned, Etrian odyssey 5...well, let's just say even if it came out now I wouldn't get it now even though I want it desperately because I'm so backlogged with games that are typically shortlisted front of the line NOW kinda deal. I mean I've always had a gaming backlog but now I have a 'NEED TO PLAY IT NOW' tier of game backlog. god. That said I still don't have etrian untold 2 because I've been waiting for a sale, and untold 1 and 4 go on big discounts so often, but untold 2 is immune.. That said I expect it will finally get some decent discounts once 5 is out... I'm NOT waiting for 5 to get a big discount though.

Then there is Nioh coming out soon, and I loved the betas for that. I can go on and on.

someone help! *cries*. Civilization 6 will prob get a sale before long, and then there's another 100 hour eater. That's another thing. lots of the games I'm being owned by are big huge 100 hour type games too. 

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »
Danganronpa V3, Persona 5, Fire Emblem Warriors, Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptunia, and um well many more I just need a PS4 and buy the Switch...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:57:40 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 02:53:53 AM »
DiRT 4 just got announced; after a long while of silence from Codemasters and the racing game section of the market in general, I'm quite excited to have a serious all-round rally title again. DiRT 3 quickly became one of my all-time favorites, but the games that came after it pulled in very different directions; while 3 was arcade-style but reasonably realistic, Showdown went full-tilt ridiculous over-the-top demolition derby and Rally went completely the brutal realism route. It looks like the plan for 4 is to have adjustable in-game physics so that both are possible again. I'm relieved by that, as while I've spent a lot of time behind virtual wheels, I was bad enough at the Colin McRae Rally titles back in the day that DiRT Rally intimidated me out of a purchase.

It's definitely a shame that DiRT 3, as well as a lot of other great titles from the company, got pulled from sale on Steam recently due to rights issues, though. Hopefully Rally stays on the market long enough for me to give it a go sometime.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 02:56:01 AM »
brb dropping some games for fire emblem heroes

i'm a mobage trash connoisseur

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
Genso Wanderer, Nier Automata, Yooka Laylee, Tekken 7, Death Stranding and Sonic Mania are the current mainstays of my 'looking forward to' list.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23:53 PM »
brb dropping some games for fire emblem heroes
Same. Maybe the break from Brave Frontier will do me some good.

And while I kinda bashed it in the Disgaea thread, I wanna get D5 Complete for the Switch whenever it comes out. It's easily the best Disgaea game mechanics wise, and a lot easier to digest thanks to a ton of streamlining. And it's portable! Heck, I wonder if I can just use the Switch as a new portable device from now on...

Aside from that, um, not a lot else that I can think of. To be fair, I seem to be buying games faster than I can digest them, and that's kind of a pain...Oh right, I forgot about the Crash Bandicoot remaster trilogy they're making. That might be fun...Or it could be a nightmare. I've played through a few levels of the original and I fear for my sanity. :ohdear:

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »
I'd say I'm looking forward to P5 but I can't actually play the darn thing.

To be totally honest? The thing I'm looking forward to the most so far this year is the next EU4 DLC. Because it's adding a ton of features; particularly in East Asia/China; which has needed love for a while. But I'm someone with over 1,200 hours in that game so...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 09:12:12 PM »