Author Topic: Who do you think would live the longest in Touhou?  (Read 5660 times)

Who do you think would live the longest in Touhou?
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:20:56 AM »
Like title. Assuming no one tried to kill each other and live peacefully, who do you think would live to see everyone else die first? My choice would be Star Sapphire, since it would take a loooong time (I'm talking about when all the star die out) for her to disappear.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Who do you think would live the longest in Touhou?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
The Hourai immortals, no contest. :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:43:17 AM »
Yep, pretty sure anyone who qualifies as immortal would likely live the longest.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
Yeah, maaaaaybe should have change it to "who live unexpectedly long"

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 07:02:03 PM »
Since there are things such as a youkai that lived a little too long(past their prime but still looking prime), assume every youkai can extend their lives to a questionable numbers of times.

And fairies are like part of nature, so as long as nature and gensoukyo exist

And yeah every kind of immortals if its peaceful.
And the non livings?

So aside from humans & animals every other native have some way to infinite existence to gensoukyo limit (just need the shinigamis to be komachis)

& houraihax

amirite?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 03:13:01 PM »
The mighty no. 9, of course. (You know who is)
Okay no...
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 09:21:37 PM »
I'd say the hourai immortals. Youkai are long lived, but they still die eventually. Even faster if they're exterminated/humans lose fear in them. Same with Lunarians. Fairies live as long as the thing they embody exists yeah... but eventually all the stars will blink out. Eventually. Whereas, from what we know, even after all the stars go out, and the earth is swallowed by a giant black hole, and the universe implodes on itself, the hourai immortals will still be around.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »
I am going to be a little different and nominate Miko and Byakuren.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »
There are a lot of simply immortal characters in Gensokyo, so it would be a tie with at least the hourai immortals.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 07:46:13 PM »
I'd say the hourai immortals. Youkai are long lived, but they still die eventually. Even faster if they're exterminated/humans lose fear in them. Same with Lunarians. Fairies live as long as the thing they embody exists yeah... but eventually all the stars will blink out. Eventually. Whereas, from what we know, even after all the stars go out, and the earth is swallowed by a giant black hole, and the universe implodes on itself, the hourai immortals will still be around.

Yeah, it's most likely that the hourai users will be the most plausible winners in all of this.

If there is not some way they do not know where they can die, of course. (Like, the black hole swallow).
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 10:06:25 PM »
I'm going to go with the Hourai immortals as well, due to the fact that they're literally incapable of dying.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »
I'm going to be a little different and say the dragon god.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »
Lord British, unless a metal plaque falls on his head.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 11:54:33 PM »
Actually the Touhou series has a lot of immortals besides Mokou and Kaguya...

- Every single fairy, they may die however they ressurect kinda like Mokou when they are killed
- Yukari, Ran, Tenshi, Yuuka
- The 8 Million Gods such as Minoriko and Hina...
- Sanae if she becomes a God through faith
- Komachi, Eiki and Hecatia as well as Junko
- Everyone in the Scarlet Devil Mansion
Not counting Yuyuko and Youmu of course. Speaking of Youmu her human side may die however she is half ghost so her human half would make her 100% ghost...

You get where i'm going, really Mokou really oughta start making friends because while their immortality has a different nature... they potentialy will live as much as Mokou and Kaguya.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »
Fairies disappear after the thing they embody disappears. So after all the ice melts, Cirno will cease to exist.
Gods aren't immortal either. They're like youkai- once people lose faith in them, they cease to exist. That's why Kanako went to Gensokyo in the first place- people in the outside world are losing faith in gods, so if she doesn't find some other source of faith she and suwako will disappear.
Eiki and Komachi aren't immortal either. They're essentially like any other god or youkai. Long lived, but they can still die or be killed.
And no one in the SDM is immortal.

Basically, very few characters in touhou can be considered truly unable to die. The only ones I can think of are the hourais and Yuyuko, and I don't think Yuyuko really counts as "immortal" for obvious reasons.

That said, Purvis might actually be right.  The Dragon God is a freaking dragon which, as we know, have brilliant barrettes that make them immortal.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 01:07:43 AM »
Lord British, unless a metal plaque falls on his head.

Shit your right. He even eats an Armageddon spell no worries. Change my answer to this.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 10:22:45 AM »
Immortals are immortals. No contest. Eirin, kaguya and mokou will live the longest, period. I don't know which mortal will live the longest

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »
Basically anyone who had acess to the Hourai Elixer. That means Eirin, Kaguya, Mokou, Chang'e and potentialy Lord Tsukuyomi.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara