Author Topic: Forgotten  (Read 4216 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Forgotten
« on: September 15, 2016, 03:38:17 PM »
Author's note: I do not consider myself a good writer, nor do I usually write fics, and I don't normally write in first person, but FSR I felt like writing something.
I apologize in advance for my bad writing.

FORGOTTEN

>BOOTING SYSTEM...

>LOADING "SOUL-OS" v. 2.3.1....

>INITIALIZING...

>RUN .//Home/System/Subroutines/Personality/Meido/RUUKOTO.prsn

>VERIFYING INTEGRITY OF THE FILE SYSTEM...

>238019 FILES FAILED TO VERIFY... (18234700823124 ERRORS)

>RUN .//Home/System/Backups/Personality/RUUKOTO.bak

>RESTORING BACKUP...

>[=============                      ]

>FATAL ERROR!

>FILE ARCHIVE CORRUPT.

>142811 FILES COULD NOT BE RECOVERED.

>DELETING CORRUPTED FILES TO PRESERVE SYSTEM INTEGRITY...

>DONE.

>WARNING! AUXILIARY POWER AT 18%

>EXECUTING HIGHER PROCESSES...

I awaken.

I am in a dusty old shed. Several old crates and objects lie scattered around me. I am in the back, obscured from view of anyone who enters...

"Hello?" I call out, expecting an answer, "Mistress? Are you around? It's me! R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-Ruukoto!"

My voice modulator seems to be in need of repair. Am I damaged?

I look to my sides to see my dermal layers damaged, and my left arm suspended by a single wire. I grab it with my right arm, engaging my built-in self-repair functions. And begin to solder everything back into position...

Halfway through the procedure, I realize my mistress hasn't responded... Quickly accessing the wires in my neck connected to my voice modulator and repairing them, I call out again.

"Mistress...? Anyone...?"

No response...

At this point, under normal circumstances, I would move out of this shed to investigate, but my legs seem to have suffered some damage as well, and a stack of generously heavy crates had been set neatly on top of them. To perform the necessary repairs, I would have to move the crates. However, my current positioning is insufficient to lift crates of that size. Not to mention that my damaged arm would not be fit for such an exertion in its current condition. So therefore I am confined to here until someone finds me...

And so I wait...

And wait...

And still nobody comes...

I begin to ponder why I was even here in the first place. Did my mistress put me here and forget about me? Preposterous! My mistress would never forget an asset as useful as me. In fact, she seemed elated when I first did the tasks she had assigned me... Although, it could be plausible that I was damaged and she had no idea how to repair me, so she put me in here as an object as sentimental value. But surely I told her about my self-repair features, didn't I? I begin to search my memory for the answer....

>FILE NOT FOUND.

What?
I scan my memory banks even more.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>FILE NOT FOUND.

>...

>FILE NOT FOUND.

This is problematic. My memory seems to have been corrupted since I was damaged... I ponder what could've happened to me. The damage to my body would be severe enough to corrupt files if I was in the process of backing up my system. However, it wouldn't have been enough to shut me off... Did something hit my power switch on impact? Or did my mistress deactivate me before I could explain myself... I guess the past doesn't really matter now. I just need to continue to move forward.

Perhaps if I waited long enough, she will eventually come in here and I could make myself known to her then. Yes, that would work. I am eager to see her again, and to get back to work. I could finally repair my legs as well.

I wonder how she'll react to my reactivation...

Speaking of which, I look around to see exactly what could've caused me to awaken. My eyes eventually settle on a partially damaged shelf, as well as remnants of a bottle on the floor around me. Analyzing the scene, I conclude that the shelf broke due to its age, allowing the bottle to roll off. And judging from my positioning right when I awoke, it is perfectly plausible that it landed directly on my power switch.

Content with this mystery being solved, I return to waiting...

>WARNING! AUXILIARY POWER AT 5%

Auxiliary power? But my fusion power core should be in perfectly good condition...

>WARNING! MAIN FUSION POWER CELL PARTIALLY DISCONNECTED. MANUAL REMOVAL AND RE-INSERTION REQUIRED TO RESTORE FUNCTIONALITY. PLEASE PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS TO OWNER.

No... No...! I have only just re-awakened! I don't want to go back to sleep!
"MISTRESS!! SOMEBODY!!" I frantically shout, "HELP!!" 

Again, nobody answers my cries.

>WARNING! AUXILIARY POWER AT 2%

"MISTRESS!! FORMER MISTRESS OKAZAKI!! ANYONE!!!" I feel my energy draining from me and my body go limp.

>WARNING! SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT!

"Please... I... don't... want... to..."

I slowly shut my eyes as I die alone...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Forgotten
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 09:24:12 PM »
She just needs a jumpstart from Okuu.

Neat little bit, there.