Author Topic: IRC down?  (Read 5410 times)

IRC down?
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:10:22 PM »
I've tried logging into the PPIRC chat and I get error messages from all web browsers I have.  I know I haven't been active since Otakon.  Did I miss something?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: IRC down?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:36:14 PM »
IRC is fully functional. What error message are you getting?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 06:41:17 PM »
It's the webchat. Not sure what's going on but I've been looking into it as I can. Hard without a desktop or a laptop tho :( both of my machines died last week and I still don't have anything working :/

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »
OK, so it is Webchat.  I need to get an IRC for my computer then.  Thanks.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »
I poked around with HexChat, and it might have to do with SSL Certs? I'm no computer expert, but maybe it'll help?
I couldn't connect through HexChat(or anything else) until I enabled the 'accept Invalid SSL Certificates' option for irc.ppirc.net.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:14:47 PM »
HexChat ≠ the webchat. You're connecting directly to the irc server (which does not have a valid ssl cert yes, but nobody's irc clients actually care). The issue I'm having is some sort of either misconfiguration or proxy issue with the webserver which is very odd considering I haven't changed anything at all.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:08 PM »
Ok turns out twistd changed a few things and the webchat client I was using is no longer maintained. So I finally changed over to another client like I had been threatening to for a while >>; Everything is back up but it's gonna look a bit different :B