Author Topic: Endings. please?  (Read 9709 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Endings. please?
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »
Well, I just thought about this, ignore me if I am being a dick here to the community...

What are all the endings for UFO? Is there a 'release' date that it will be posted somewhere?

I heard you get different endings when you play different difficulties, since I only completed all normal and likely to never play hard or lunatic, I am wondering what are the endings one can achieve.

I also notice if you 2cc and beyond you get different ones.

Can someone post them?

spoiler please.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Endings. please?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
Afaik, ZUN made it very clear that he doesn't want the endings to be spoiled on the internet, so posting them is out of the question. You may get a pm, I think, but for that you would need someone who has played through the game, written down the endings and translated them into english already. I am shure that certain people are working on a patch right now, it is probably just a matter of weeks.

As for the multiple endings on difficulties, it may just be that, just like with MoF, you will get the respective bad ending that you would get if you used continues if you play on easy even if you did a 1cc.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
ZUN's request IIRC is that the endings should not be translated into English and placed somewhere where they can be accessed at will (i.e. the wiki).  This place probably qualifies.

However, these are more or less the usual answers.
*Reimu:  -Final boss and servant(s)- show up uninvited for tea at the Hakurei shrine, and proceed to annoy Reimu while hinting at an Extra boss.
*Marisa:  Marisa's endings are unique in this game as she has already stolen something from -place where final boss lives- and is investigating it, directly leading to the Extra stage. (source on first part: MarisaB, after defeating Shou)
*Sanae (Player 3):  Returns to -her place-, where her master says "good girl" and the final boss and said master get along awkwardly.

I don't know what the bad endings are, but from previous games I would expect them to read something like "The treasure ship flew away.  You're still poor.  'Wish you could try again, ne?".

Fair warning:  This is 95% going off of the pictures and previous games.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:03:29 PM by u? »

Drake

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »
The endings don't change depending on difficulty, but the small message that appears at the end of the credits does.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »
Well, the only one I got was Marisa A normal bad end, and all the good ends I have already from easy mode.

So I was wondering if there is a special end for maybe 1cc Lunatic or something like that.

It would help in my story/fic writing to be more canon, hence why I ask.

[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »
If there's a game I want to know an ending for, it's Mima's good end in PoDD.  I made the effort to 1cc it, then realized FFFFFFFFFFFF IT'S IN JAPANESE

Fortunately for UFO, there'll be an English patch soon.  Unfortunately for me, I'll never know what Mima wished for unless some kind soul tells me.

And no, there aren't different endings for different difficulties, though I wasn't aware you could get good endings on easy.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
If there's a game I want to know an ending for, it's Mima's good end in PoDD.  I made the effort to 1cc it, then realized FFFFFFFFFFFF IT'S IN JAPANESE

Fortunately for UFO, there'll be an English patch soon.  Unfortunately for me, I'll never know what Mima wished for unless some kind soul tells me.

And no, there aren't different endings for different difficulties, though I wasn't aware you could get good endings on easy.

It's your lucky day! I happen to have a basic idea of what happens in this ending thanks to a certain resource: Mima asks for Yumemi to remove the chains on her arms, which she got after being sealed in SoEW (or something; it's been a while since I've seen it). Yumemi somehow accomplishes this by STOPPING THE MOON THROUGH SCIENCE.

Or something like that. ;>_>

And yeah, the endings don't change through difficulty; the end messages do.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 07:21:04 PM »
Yumemi>Moon Confirmed.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 08:10:44 PM »
Thanks Nintendonut <3

Yumemi>Moon Confirmed.
Touhou 13: Yumemi returns to Gensokyo and blows up the lunar capitol.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:12:51 PM by Freudia Neuwahl »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 11:58:35 PM »
ZUN's request IIRC is that the endings should not be translated into English and placed somewhere where they can be accessed at will (i.e. the wiki).  This place probably qualifies.

Wait, he requested specifically that the endings not be translated into English and placed publicly online? Is he fine with the Japanese, or does he acknowledge that there are English fans too and has to tell them as well?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 12:05:54 AM »
Yumemi>Moon Confirmed.

Chiyuri & Yumemi versus the Watatsuki Sisters?

Surely you jest!

As far as I know, the only way to read the Endings in English is to actually get the Ending on the English Patch of the games, if any at all.

Tiliesola x01

• Administrator of Agepan
  • The world needs all of its precious lives
    • Next Phantasm...
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 12:28:45 AM »
ZUN's request IIRC is that the endings should not be translated into English and placed somewhere where they can be accessed at will (i.e. the wiki).

No ending text or screenshots (any language) on websites.  No exact ending quotes in doujin.
Fou ki ra hyear, presia reen;
Was zweie ra na stel zuieg, manaf
Ma zweie ra irs manaf chyet oz omnis

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 07:00:51 AM »
Endings 1 - 6 can be achieved in easy mode 1cc, and normal 1cc.

2cc will get you that slightly bad end from 7 - 12 I think.

are those all then?
I assume so judging by this thread's replies.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
No need to ask for endings. Just go over to the general Touhou thread and ask for what happened to each character. You'll get answers there.

zaelie

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
Tbh I've never read a touhou ending and seldom read the stories.

Don't get me wrong. I love Zun to Hell. I code, draw and make music myself, so I respect him greatly for his 1 man army development style and his quality. I think it's fantastic that he's garnered a worldwide following too. With that said, I think his plotlines and dialogues are on the whole terrible.

If you guys shun me for speaking my mind, then so be it. I'm here for the games anyway.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
Tbh I've never read a touhou ending and seldom read the stories.

Don't get me wrong. I love Zun to Hell. I code, draw and make music myself, so I respect him greatly for his 1 man army development style and his quality. I think it's fantastic that he's garnered a worldwide following too. With that said, I think his plotlines and dialogues are on the whole terrible.

If you guys shun me for speaking my mind, then so be it. I'm here for the games anyway.
If Touhou was only about the games the fanbase would be about an eighth of its current size.

In other words, there's no reason to shun you because you like some aspects of the Touhou phenomenon and dislike other aspects.

zaelie

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 10:05:40 PM »
Thanks u? for being rational.

It's nice to see someone say "Ok you think so and so, that's fine. I think so and so". Like, people talking normally about how they feel and that's all it is. No outcasting or heresy. People who take touhou really seriously kinda scare me. So I'm glad we can just be honest and casual. (unlike a certain board which I won't name who take things way too far imo).

Redmark

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »
Maybe the reason people attack you is because your timing's a bit off. You started defending yourself before anyone replied, which is a bad idea. I don't think anyone would mind if you kept it to the first sentence.

zaelie

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 03:25:01 AM »
No one has attacked me here.  :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 03:29:52 AM »
....*stab*
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

zaelie

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 03:32:30 AM »
thx

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »

THIS is the kind of talk that makes people shun you- presuming that they will have a knee-jerk negative reaction before even giving them a chance to reply.