Author Topic: 東方雨仰石 ~ Promised Mystery of Moisture  (Read 26791 times)

Re: 東方雨仰石 ~ Promised Mystery of Moisture
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 02:40:58 AM »
The website was updated again, this time with screenshots of Shimyoumaru's bombs. Here's the relevant section.
I can't wait to experiment with miniaturization of fairies!

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 03:18:50 AM »
Micro fairies!!  I wonder what will they do! 

Also some kind of strange music-note mechanic involved, too huh?

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 02:16:43 AM »
A new preview video has been uploaded! It showcases Shinmyoumaru on Hard mode, this time. The stage 2 and 3 bosses have new portraits and animations, and from what I can see, the stage 3 boss' final spell changes depending on your character.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:19:00 AM by Badz »

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 03:17:45 AM »
GOD!! every time I think we've reached Peak Souten the next thing he puts out proves me wrong, just look at that new card. It's so silly and I love it. And the portraits!! Are so cool!! Mizuchi's frickin' Kamen Rider pose!! I'd say that I'm looking forward to this game The Most That I Possibly Can but that would imply there's an upper limit on how much I can look forward to it (there isn't)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:27:41 PM by gilde »

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 03:25:58 AM »
That new spellcard sure looks pretty hilarious!  These guys are super creative with their scripts. albeit I must kind of sadly admit that they feel slightly easier than average.  But they certainly make up for that with the new ideas they bring.

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 11:33:06 PM »
For those who've played, how's the OST?

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 10:40:39 AM »
For those who've played, how's the OST?

The trailer has the OST too.  I think it's pretty great!  The themes are all pretty nice, and I love that the
Spoiler:
3rd stage boss' themes switch emphasis on the melody depending on who you're fighting

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 03:06:32 AM »
A new demo is out. It adds Shinmyoumaru as a playable character, and polishes the graphics to the point where hoping for steady 60fps is fruitless.

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
I hatehatehate having to bump a thread that's  so old, but is there any news of what's happened with PMM?  I read in a place that it was abandoned, but can't find no confirmation whatsoever on that anywhere. 

It was looking really cute from the PVs posted on niconico too, so it'd be a shame if the devs gave up on it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:03:21 PM by Shizzo »

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »
That's how it is, since I don't know japanese I can't translate info whatever they gave up on it or not, but I do imagine it's due to the fact not enough people seemed to care as much as the dev did.
It's really easy to see from his previous game which I'm currently playing  - "Avant-Garde Discerning Paralleler", ADP or Parallerer for short, that game's honestly both the best, hardest, most crazy dumb and yet most original danmaku game I've ever played (just the fact that you can select your stages like it's a one big journey with a bunch of extra stages) and no one has ever heard of it or talked about it much. It has like 16 stages + appearences from most Touhou OCs either with spells, their themes and overdrive mode... maybe even more I think. Again, I can't even finish it, I've finished one route, but I'm stuck and I doubt I'll ever beat the stage I'm stuck on.

It's also the most bizzare thing in existance and has a lot of things I'm surprised people haven't talked much about. Feels like I'm playing Len'en for the first time.
But there's also no coverage for it even after all the years, no OST on Youtube, even Touhou wiki's page doesn't cover like half of it.

Just finding the download link took me a while and since I'm dumb and I dunno' how to extract things like OST I can't post it myself. I can host and post dl to the game if you wanna', but I'm not sure if it's allowed.

I just hope Souten releases something again and if not, I hope more people will cover his works. When I saw this bump I honestly almost got a heart attack. I'm not overexaggerating... overreacting maybe.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:20:18 AM by Popcioslav »
No.

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2019, 02:22:17 AM »
It's not abandoned abandoned, but it appears to be on indefinite hiatus while Souten focuses on other stuff. It's probably less "people didn't care" and more just "miscellaneous other stuff is taking priority" imo?
I remember him mentioning on Twitter some time last year that he's gonna wait until he's totally finished w/ whatever stuff he's working on currently before potentially continuing PMM, so he'll probably pick it up again eventually. (...eeeeeeeeventually)

Also yeah AGDP is Extremely Good TM, agreed
(the reason the wiki pages are so bare-bones atm is bc i never got around to finishing them ;w; but if demand's picking up i can resume work on 'em in the relatively near future)

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2019, 10:17:25 AM »
Oh, good to know that the game's just on hold instead of abandoned.  never heard of AGDP, so I'll definitely give it a look-see!  Thanks for the explanation Gilde!

(And sorry for startling you with the thread-bump Popcio! ;u;)