Author Topic: 東方雨仰石 ~ Promised Mystery of Moisture  (Read 26797 times)

東方雨仰石 ~ Promised Mystery of Moisture
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:15:31 PM »
Seems like another new game in the making and started quite a while ago... but no one posted anything about it so here's a thread to keep things updated perhaps?

This seems like the game's main website... -Click Here- Also, this place looks a bit familiar though?

and the production team can be found at the bottom of the site's main page.

A demo version looks to be released to public in November and the full version planned for next year's June.

A 3-stage demo video has been released... - Click Here-...

From the site's description, it seems there will be 2 Extra Stages... one is the Extra ( Difficulty range between Normal-Hard ) that we all know, and the other Hell Extra (Difficulty slightly below Lunatic ) that will be unlocked after clearing Extra Stage.

And of course... new game mechanics in this! Looking forward to more updates...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:41:50 PM by Gradius2002 »

Re: 東方雨仰石 ~ Promised Mystery of Moisture
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:58:08 AM »
This looks pretty neat. The mechanics look...well, not sure how exactly I feel about them. Every time I saw the column pop up, I kept thinking it was the "Wild Exorcism Dance" bomb.

I need more fangames in my life right now. I was waiting on BPoHC and BoSM for so long...

Stage 2 theme sounds cool. Looks like I'll just continue to wait warmly.

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
  • Just your neighborhood-friendly Yoshi!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
Hrmm... I'll have to keep an eye on this...
My perception of my work ethics.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 05:34:29 PM »
Hmmm... I've not seen anything about this until recently, so I'd have to keep an eye out. Pesot.jp and Wanwan doing stuff for it is also pretty nice, so I'm looking forward to the music at least. Reminds me, good god Book of Star Mythology and Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle aren't going to be out for awhile, huh?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »
First WNSP makes Reimu and co. look funky and now she looks 12.

Otherwise, interesting. I can't read Japanese so I can't get a sense of the mechanics, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 02:03:30 AM »
Kogasa's spellcard-declare art sure is... something. I love the scrolling comment at the end of one video after she popped up in Stage 2, as well. "Please make Kogasa every boss in this game." XD

Reimu having the forward focus lasers makes me wonder what Sukuna and Marisa's shots are. The stage 1 danmaku was... more underwhelming than expected (the second part of the boss, uhh????), but, it was stage 1 after all. The lunatic peek was pretty satisfying.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
This is Souten and co.'s most recent STG after Avant-Garde Discerning Paralleler. I really liked AGDP!! So I'm excited. Like AGDP, the game mechanics are heavily focused on chain-based scoring while still being accessible to casual players. The dev team is aiming for a demo release around November 2016 and a (free?!) full release around June 2017. Since this is Souten's first time working with DirectX 11, they also plan to put out a 1-stage test build in hopes of collecting bug reports.

The story is that tons of stones in Gensokyo are being mysteriously converted to rainstones (probably inspired by the weather stones in WaHH 17). Since rainstones assist in praying for rain, there's been a nonstop downpour for several days now. Reimu's purification rod and Marisa's Mini-Hakkero are soaked through, so they're using somewhat different shot types than usual.
Quote from: Character info
Reimu Hakurei - In addition to her usual hitbox and speed, defeating enemies will extend the Rainfall Field timer by twice as much.
  • Shot: "Persuasion Needle" / "Red-White Luminous Flux" - Your basic forward laser type, usually seen from Marisa.
  • Bomb: Spirit Sign "Curse-Killing Food Offerings" - Full-screen amulet attack. / Divine Enclosure "Iron Protective Charm" - Circular barrier that can withstand several hits.

Marisa Kirisame - In addition to her usual speed and ease of item collection, she has a wider Rainfall Field than the other characters.
  • Shot: "Magic Homing Missile" / "Orreries Bit" - Locks on to enemies similarly to DDC Reimu-A?
  • Bomb: Close Sign "Orreries Big Crunch" - Full-screen attack. / Magic Tool "Magic Extractor" - Turns bullets into rainstone items.

Shinmyoumaru Sukuna - Can graze more easily and increase point item value more than the other characters. Hitbox becomes smaller when low on lives and bombs.
  • Shot: "Shining Needle Sword" / "Oni-Killing, Eye-Stabbing Needles" - Homing needles and forward focus needles. Like Reimu's usual from TD onward?
  • Bomb: Mallet "Giant Promotion Boulder" - BIG ROCK SMASH / Wise Song "Little Melody" -  Shrinks all on-screen bullets. You get three uses out of a single bomb.
Collecting rainstone items will fill the gauge on the left-hand side of the screen. Pressing C with the gauge at least 1/3 full will expend 1/3 of the gauge to create a vertical Rainfall Field centered on the player. Any items that appear within this field will be duplicated, including life and bomb fragments, and graze will be doubled (quadrupled for Shinmyoumaru). The field has an initial timer of 5 seconds, which is extended by 0.25 seconds (0.5 for Reimu) for each enemy you defeat while it's active.

Point item value is represented by the water tank on the right-hand side of the screen. It starts off at 10,000ml and gradually drains (to 0, if you're not careful!). Collecting rainstone items with a full rain gauge, or an active Rainfall Field, will fill the tank. Bullet-clear items, graze, and Spell Card bonuses are all connected to the point value tank as well. Also, point items will turn yellow to indicate when they're at max value.

edit: souten, not aoten!! im dumb!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:27:16 PM by gilde »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »
NEWS: they have a new trailer (you can still watch it in the game's homepage some posts above)

We see Marisa's gameplay on hard mode. Looking on this video and the previous one, the girls don't shot a single bullet by themselves, rather, they use their familiars (those small balls).

Looking at Marisa, my thoughts were, "she looks OP". Infinite (homing) range, very effective against random fairies; even if her focused shot seems to make half as much damage as Reimu's; her Magic Extractor bomb giving items like candy. Maybe her unfocused shot has a higher DPS, with so many missiles. Yes, it's similar to DDC ReimuA, through her focused shots doesn't seem to do area-of-effect damage, but it does lock on instantly and jump from enemy to enemy.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 02:07:18 AM »
I love how the mechanics sound so far. Can't wait for a demo release!

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 06:14:17 PM »
Good to see a nice fangame STG again. Haven't been interested in any of those since I finished the Phantasm in RSS. I'll keep an eye on this one.  :o
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »
It's October 2nd.

ver 0.01a download here.

Edit: Downloaded, said that msvcp120.dll was missing from my computer. Good thing i can do some basic internet browsing. Get your stuff here.

Readme.txt has a notice for future updates.

I'll edit again after actually playing the game.

Edit the second: This earliest demo offers Reimu and Marisa as players (no Shinmyoumaru). Only 1 stage, all four difficulties. I seem to have performace problems when using Marisa's bomb (Reimu's bomb is fine), and on Kogasa's first boss card on lunatic (not the midboss card, i mean the one with rainbow bullets all aimed which it's basic streaming).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:14:02 PM by Maple »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 05:17:26 PM »
Played it and it seems nice. The first spellcard lags for me, though.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
Seemed pretty cool from when I played it. I did notice some things.

- The difficulty selection at times will pick the difficulty before the chosen one. For example, if you wanted to play on Lunatic and moved from Normal>Hard>Lunatic, it'll pick Hard. It overlaps the textbox when doing so.

- When choosing characters, if you keep moving, there'll be a blank character option. When chosen, it defaults to the character before it.

- Somehow, I must've unlocked an Overdrive difficulty where the entire screen filled with nothing but death for half the stage. I'm still trying to reproduce that madness, and record it.

Once I feel happy enough with the stage, I'll post the video.

Edit: Blank character seems to do the same thing as picking the wrong difficulty.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:55:52 PM by FleetingGaze »

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »
Aw man, it's such a shame this demo only has 1 stage.  The game's so well made and the danmaku is incredibly fun, so I've been itching for more! 

The music's also excellent and whoever the composer is, they got a good grasp of touhou style music.  I wonder though what the C button barrier is for.  I tried a good bit but couldn't figure it out.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 09:11:55 PM »
I wonder though what the C button barrier is for.  I tried a good bit but couldn't figure it out.

From what I've gathered, it doubles the fragments dropped from enemies destroyed within the field. The timer goes up when shooting down fairies. I'm not 100% on this, but it might increase the point items that drop or the value of them.

Edit: It's on the you of tubes. Still disappointed I couldn't find out that max rank nonsense that happened earlier.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:44:48 PM by FleetingGaze »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 12:27:28 AM »
It's October 3rd in Japan.

They already have ver 0.01b. Fixes the msvcp120.dll need, but also a defect where pressing the Snapshot key gave you 50 screenshots, and better performance on Reimu's focused bomb.

I'll get it tomorrow after sleeping, unless they release yet another update.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:29:57 AM by Maple »

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
  • Just your neighborhood-friendly Yoshi!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 08:28:26 AM »
Hmm... seems that the game information is tucked away inside the executable.

Making a translation patch for the game would require hex searching... Not fun, especially when you're not dealing with typical ASCII values...
And then there would be the images... Ugh...

At the very least, it seems that the game runs on other locales; that's great!
My perception of my work ethics.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 04:33:17 AM »
Hmm... seems that the game information is tucked away inside the executable.

Making a translation patch for the game would require hex searching... Not fun, especially when you're not dealing with typical ASCII values...
And then there would be the images... Ugh...

At the very least, it seems that the game runs on other locales; that's great!

Try looking at one of the strings, and look for both its UTF-8, Shift-JIS, and UTF-16 encoded forms.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 06:44:46 PM »
The 3-stage preview video has been posted!
I'm not a huge fan of the stage 2 boss, but things really start getting interesting at stage 3. I wonder if the full game will have more bosses with silly gimmicks like that.

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 09:09:13 PM »
Oh my gosh, what WAS that stage 3 fight!  That was so quirky it was super fun to watch.  Makes me wonder how it'd be on lunatic.   This game's looking better and better!

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »
Looks pretty good. A few things came to mind:

- The barrier-field-double-resource-thingy also must double 1ups (stage 2 midboss) and bombs. (stage 3 midboss) It seems a wee bit strong, considering the field persists even after clearing a stage. Unless the midbosses and bosses move around a lot, there doesn't seem to be a reason to not just put it in the middle of the screen.

- So for the stage 3...tug-of-war, (I guess? Like Megaman 9's first Wily stage boss) how would that work for Marisa, whose shots are all aimed? Would the focus shot just pick a lane to bombard?

- Stage 3 has catchy tunes.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »
For the Normal difficulty demo, the midboss&boss patterns are somewhat too gimmicky, not to mention EASY. I'll elaborate:
Stage 1
  • Kogasa's midboss nonspells and first boss nonspell are way too slow and easy, requiring little to no movement, especially the latter. Given that they were shown to be much harder on higher difficulties, one can blame lack of refining which could be done by the full release
  • First boss nonspell - that with the rainbow - has way too much bullets, needlessly giving practically free graze. The upper rainbow could as well be replaced with a static image and the number of bullets aimed at the player should be cut in half at least.

Stage 2
  • Kogasa's nonspell requires player to move around the boss, something that goes against the unwritten rule of official games that the nonspells shouldn't rely on macrododging. It's a good pattern, but it should've been a spell.
  • Boss' first spell is way too slow (the fps counter seem to be static and thus don't indicate whether there is a programmed slowdown, and if, there is no indication how great it should be), and thus too easy. If the number of bullets fired in rings would be reduced, then the whole spell could be radically speed up.
  • Boss' second spell seem to be a bit light on bullets. Not much (it's normal difficulty), but it's noticeable.
  • The third spell fell a bit too short. Raise the lifebar?

Stage 3
  • Wakasagihime's second bossspell has heart made out of bullets, which feels superfluous given that it just disappears after a while without being a danger for the player. Couldn't they give a static image for heart then?
  • The last spell requires you to shoot up (?) five of the new character's clones (i couldn't read the name, too blurry), up to the top of the screen. Confusing for first time players, but very easy once you got it. Ouch

The rest of the midboss/boss patterns are okay, but nothing jaw-dropping.
Nevertheless, i'll want to play this game. I hope the latter stages won't have such confusing gimmicks.

I wanted to take notice of Wakasagi's first bossspell, but then i remembered that a similar gimmick has been used in Danmaku Amanojaku.[/list]

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 01:10:47 AM »
Yeah Souten (the game's programmer) frickin
loves
him
some
ridiculous
gimmick
danmaku.
Which I happen be a fan of, personally, but if that's a turn-off then Oh God, Run, Run For The Hills While You Still Can
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:27:30 PM by gilde »

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 02:06:09 AM »
I tried to run the game on my computer but it started to lag alot  :ohdear:

But overall, this game looks really amazing, hopefully I can keep an eye on this. Its also nice to finally see Pesot.jp's songs in a real fangame since Treasure Castle Labyrinth

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 05:27:06 AM »
I tried to run the game on my computer but it started to lag alot  :ohdear:

I'm having a lot of lag too, I'm jealous of all the people who can run it at full speed without drops.
I hope the next demo fixes this, or at least the full version.

Speaking of which, when is the next demo?

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
Speaking of which, when is the next demo?

Right now. It only adds a music room though, no new stages or stability improvements.

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »
Right now. It only adds a music room though, no new stages or stability improvements.
Actually, there are other improvements and additions besides the music room. From what I could pick up with the changelog on the download page, a simple manual was also implemented, various bugs such as bullets spawning right as a boss pattern ends were fixed, sound effects are handled better, and the game should be more stable and lighter to run overall.

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 05:20:00 AM »
and the game should be more stable and lighter to run overall.

I don't notice any difference at all. There really should be an option to tone down the graphical effects like in MPP and RSS.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 05:06:35 AM »
What's with this lack of news and demos?

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 04:03:01 AM »
After six long months, we finally got an update. Two new screenshots! Amazing!

Sorry for posting so much
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:05:06 AM by wobuffet3 »