Author Topic: [Music] Piano6888's Touhou covers  (Read 3124 times)

[Music] Piano6888's Touhou covers
« on: August 20, 2016, 10:59:20 PM »
Hey everyone, some of you guys on here might already know me, but a brief introduction for those who don't.  Well, I'm a pianist who likes to cover video game music, and since the last two years, I've had a narrow focus on Touhou music.  Here is my playlist of Touhou music that I've covered on the piano.

My most recent piano cover is here.

Instead of creating a new topic every time I have a new Touhou cover, I've decided just to have this one topic and then update it here instead, that way everything is all organized in one place. :)

Re: [Music] Piano6888's Touhou covers
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:40 PM »
I have a new cover out just a few days ago, Withered Leaf. :)

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:03:15 PM »
On Halloween night, I uploaded Kogasa Tatara's theme to my channel. :P

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 02:07:09 AM »
Not bad at all.

I wish I had better responses to give, but I'm not a music guy =[

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »
Thanks Purji! :) No worries, I'm happy that you enjoyed my covers! :) Sorry for the very late response, I don't get on here often enough...

Anyways, Merry Christmas to Gensokyo and I have a recent cover out. It is Mamizou Futatsuiwa's theme on my channel.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 08:11:23 PM »
Where Purvis fails, I can throw you a pointer or two!

Cranking up the staccato is a good choice for Mamizou's theme. You were sorta going for that, but it can be accentuated further. Hands like very precise, tiny hammers, hitting the notes briefly and hard. I noticed the left hand part in the intro in particular.

The staccato is more of a recommendation, but you have a bigger problem of missing some of the beats. Like, it's noticeable when the main melody kicks in - you're not done counting 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 before going to the next notes in the right hand. A great rule of thumb is making sure you time all the notes in a piece correctly, playing as slowly as you need, before upping the tempo for the whole thing, rinse, repeat. Ya need a lot of patience, but it's worth it.

Anyway, that's what stood out to me. It's a pretty accurate rendition of Mamizou's theme otherwise, so good job. :)