Author Topic: 2016 NFL Thread: Superb Owl LI - New England Trumps vs. "Some Guys from Atlanta"  (Read 72541 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: MotK 2016 NFL Thread: We doing fantasy again! (Newcomers welcome!)
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
To be fair, his only goals for tonight were 1) don't get hurt and 2) don't lose, so he could be doing a lot worse.
lol my mistake he actually got hurt and might be out with a thumb injury

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2016, 02:45:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/779142682211786752

I have no context for this, but I agree with punishing the South any way we can.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »
I have no context for this, but I agree with punishing the South any way we can.

rude ;_;

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »
Rude, but correct.

Also I got a badge for my defense getting a touchdown! I'm not gonna lie, I love getting random-ass badges in this.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »
Gano just slammed a kick into the uprights and you could hear it echo around the stadium

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
tfw your fantasy defense is beating up on your irl team :<

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »
The Broncos game made me mad as hell, this Vikings game is just disappointing. How does a team lose all their starters and then play better?

Edible

« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »
How does a team lose all their starters and then play better?

Purple Jesus emerged after 3 days on IR to send his team to heaven

Edible

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »
Oh right, fuck the jags

Edible

« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »
I was nervous looking at today's score before I realized I had one more player left.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2016, 10:43:48 AM »
Oh hey, like half my team got deadbooked over the last week. Whupsie!

Edible

« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »
Well, Kilga, here we are.  Week 4.

It's time.  You and me.  Football vs football.  There can be only one victor, unless we tie which would be ridiculous.  Bubuu Desuwas is merely above average, but can Hail Renko's dumpster fire of endless bad luck return to prior year forms?

ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

On the plus side, blanking the Texans with a third-string QB will never not be hilarious.

Oh hey, like half my team got deadbooked over the last week. Whupsie!

Time to hit up that waiver wire!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2016, 05:04:38 PM »
I think the new low I have hit demonstrated itself quite clearly in my acquisitions this morning. You have nothing to worry about.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Edible

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2016, 12:52:13 AM »
I think the new low I have hit demonstrated itself quite clearly in my acquisitions this morning. You have nothing to worry about.

It'll be fun to somehow watch you make the playoffs anyway.

IN OTHER NEWS

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/09/28/sources-dez-bryant-missed-team-meetings-mri-tuesday-fined

What the fuck, Dez? <_<

« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
Welp, I'll be throwing this week away, I guess, lol. Tannehill didn't do shit, Dez is out, Decker is out, and Jordy is on a bye. I have 1 WR left on my roster that will even play (who is questionable, to boot). Both my TE's are questionable, and two of my running backs are the only healthy players on my entire roster, lulz. And this is after having to hit the waiver wire for injuries, already, so this does not bode well.
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

Edible

« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2016, 12:15:13 AM »
Well, this was a day of football.

Edible

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2016, 10:19:28 PM »
A day and a half of football.

What the hell, Pats?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »
A day and a half of football.

What the hell, Pats?
What'd they do?

I was at AWA so I missed most of the game but they had it on in the lobby because Falcons so I caught the last 10 minutes and everything is terrible and Dave Gettleman is the absolute worst.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2016, 03:01:38 PM »
Also, here's a message to the new GM that will hopefully not be Gettleman:

DRAFT
A
FUCKING
OFFENSIVE
TACKLE

Edible

« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2016, 09:08:14 PM »
What'd they do?

Laid an egg against the Bills at home.  It was almost as embarrassing as what they did to the Texans the week prior.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2016, 09:26:13 PM »
Laid an egg against the Bills at home.  It was almost as embarrassing as what they did to the Texans the week prior.

Well yeah, but that was on Sunday so I thought they may have done something else to make it an extra half day

Edible

« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:17 PM »
Some levels of shame take extra days to wash off.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2016, 03:02:10 PM »
So rather than just wasting breath screaming about how much I hate the Falcons (which is a lot) and how angry that game made me (very much so) I wanna talk about what is making the team so bad right now.

First off, Derek Anderson deserves some credit for dragging the team kicking and screaming back into the game.  Call it "garbage time" if you want but he led the team on 2 TD drives and had a very real chance of pushing the game to OT until he threw that pick-six.  He's a great backup and with Newton concussed (more on that later) he may be starting against the Bucs on Monday night.  Fun fact: DA has 2 regular season starts for the Panthers and both were wins against the Bucs.

Now the bad: everything about this team this year is terrible except for Greg Olsen and Luke Kuechly.  Starting with the offense, something is horribly wrong with the receiving corps.  Ted Ginn Jr is still our second WR ahead of Funchess because despite Ginn's tenancy to drop the ball, at least he can sometimes catch the ball unlike Funchess.  Corey/Philly Brown has questionable hands but probably catches passes better than Ginn.  However, he is CONSTANTLY overthrown by Newton for reasons I cannot understand.  After all, Ginn isn't as tall as Benjamin so we can rule out Brown being the only receiver under 6'4" as the reason.  Kelvin Benjamin was held catchless against the Vikings (OBJ was almost completely shut down by the Vikings as well but he's having a pretty crappy season so it's not all the Vikings secondary being invincible) and wasn't that great against the Falcons middling defense.  With that said, the Falcons were unable to stop Benjamin when he ran slants and I can't understand WHY they wouldn't keep running that play until the Falcons finally stopped it!  Oh right, because Mike Shula is a horrific OC and he needs to be first against the wall if we hit the bye at 1-5.

The offensive line is abysmal.  Ryan Kalil can't do everything himself and Trai Turner plays RG so he can't help protect Cam's blindside.  Speaking of, Oher is bad but with him out we have no one who can play LT with any respectability.  Remmers is already a pretty unremarkable RT but at LT he was dreadful.  Daryl Williams stepped up to start at RT but didn't play any better than Remmers did.  As a result, we get to watch Cam run for his life on every single play and since he always tries to make a play rather than protect himself he winds up getting drilled constantly.  Sure he's a big guy but he's broken his back before, got hurt SOMEWHERE by the Broncos and looks to still be playing through that, and now he's concussed.  He may not even start for a few games and Anderson is way less mobile.  Pray that DA doesn't get murdered.

Mike Shula just outright sucks.  As an OC he refuses to deviate from run/short/deep/punt in every series.  You could set your clock by it and every other team knows that.  We're running the ball well on the Broncos?  Time to throw deep to Ted Ginn!  Mismatch with KB and some 5'10" chump at CB?  Let's give the ball to Fozzy Whittaker or CAP, whoever's worse that day!  Funchess keeps dropping the ball?  GIVE HIM MORE TARGETS!!!  And yet, for as much as he loves to run, he abhors giving Cam any designed run plays short (ha) of "The Belichick Special" QB sneak for 1 yard.  Belichick runs it with Tom Brady from the 1 with something crazy like 90% effectiveness; Shula gives it to Tolbert at the goal line and Cam in the open field with middling success.  When using Tolbert for First Downs and Cam for TDs there's a much higher success rate, but no.  Let's not do that!

On to defense: Kuechly is a beast and deserved DPOY more than Watt last year and should win it this year.  He leads the defense like Ray Lewis and can do absolutely anything on D but he CANNOT do EVERYTHING!  But there's not much help for him this year!  Thomas Davis is old and probably in his last season.  He's playing fine, I have no complaints, but he's not playing very well and it's clear age has caught up to him.  Shaq Thompson is fine I guess?  He's a good compliment to Kuechly but hasn't done enough to really set himself apart from the rest of the D; it's still Kuechly and Davis, not Kuechly, Davis, and Thompson.  Speaking of linebackers, Jeremy Cash has yet to see the field as a converted safety and once again WHY THE FUCK WAS HE CONVERTED!? OUR SECONDARY IS OUR WORST LIABILITY AND TRE BOSTON IS HORRIFIC AND YET YOU THOUGHT WE NEEDED TO TAKE THE ACC DPOY AND MOVE HIM FROM SAFETY (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) TO FUCKING LINEBACKER (???????????????????????????????) ANOTHER FUCKING LINEBACKER?????????? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? WE ARE GETTING BURNED BY EVERY SINGLE COMPETENT RECEIVER IN THE GODDAMN LEAGUE BUT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE CASH SIT ON THE FUCKING BENCH AS THE THIRD FUCKING STRING LB BEHIND EVEN MAYO BECAUSE WE NEEDED ANOTHER MFGD LB???? HOW DARE YOU!  HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!  HOW DARE YOU SINK OUR ONCE STELLAR DEFENSE BY DEPRIVING THEM OF DESPERATELY NEEDED POSITIONS IN FAVOR OF YOUR FUCKING VANITY PROJECT THAT ISN'T EVEN FUCKING WORKING????????????????????????????????????

Secondary: trash.  Our safeties are bad and our CBs are bad.  Gettleman is so anxious to keep us out of Hurney (salary cap) Hell that he spent 3 of our 5 picks this year on CBs and none of them are ready for the NFL despite starting 2 of them.  They will be ruined forever if this continues.  He then complimented this ragtag group by letting both Norman and Harper walk and signing No One to replace them.  I can't believe that Kurt Coleman is such a superior option at SS over Donte Whitner.  James Bradberry is VERY not ready and James Worley is somehow even less ready.  Bene Benwikere is coming off an injury and is our best CB but just gave up gobs of yards to Julio Jones.  (btw, Norman gave up 178/1 to Jones last year and shutting down OBJ isn't that impressive this year, so until he actually does something noteworthy up in Washington he doesn't need to run his mouth.)  There is nothing to inspire confidence in this group.

Defensive Line: Charles Johnson is getting old.  Star Lotulelei is playing decently I suppose but he's not really making an impact like he did yesterday.  Vernon Butler was playing pretty good but now he's hurt, so now KK Short is getting all the spotlight at DT, except I can't tell if he's taking plays off or getting doubled on the line or what, but he's a shadow of himself from last year.  Kony "2012" Ealy is also not living up to his play from last year.  The biggest issue is that we're now forcing these guys to blitz on basically every play because our secondary is useless at defending the pass and yet we can't afford to send a corner or safety to blitz.  So of course the blitz doesn't work and now we're weaker against the run and still bad against the pass.  We can still defend the run, but not as well as last year with almost the exact same personnel.

Punter: Andy Lee is the best addition to this team.  That's sad that an old punter is the best new addition.

Dave Gettleman: I don't even want to talk about him because I hate him so much.  He refuses to trade up for positions we need and refuses even more to sign free agents to positions we need which is how we ended up with Oher and Remmers as our starting long term OTs.  I just can't.  We could have easily traded up in 2015 instead of taking Thompson/Funchess/Williams (who sucks) and grabbed Flowers or Peat or whoever.  Hell, maybe don't draft Thompson at all in the first round and make a similar reach for Donovan Smith?  He's trying to get Cam killed in the exact same way that Luck is currently being killed in Indy: without any OL protection.

With that said, Falcons started off hot last year and then proceeded to burn to the ground so I'm not anointing them the champs yet.  Panthers are still better than the Saints and Bucs so if we knock them off and go into the bye 3-3 then I think 10-6 and NFCS champs is still within reach.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2016, 03:02:26 PM »
Holy shit shut up Vic

Edible

« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
Punter: Andy Lee is the best addition to this team.  That's sad that an old punter is the best new addition.

It's funny you mention this, because we signed Nortman this offseason and he's been incredible

Holy shit shut up Vic

no u

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2016, 03:47:11 PM »
It's funny you mention this, because we signed Nortman this offseason and he's been incredible
What's weird is that Nortman was totally fine last year but suddenly over the offseason we had to replace him immediately. Glad he's working out for you!

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »
Panthers cut Bene Benwikere, our most experienced CB, in order to call up our 5th round rookie from the practice squad. I'm going to jump off a fucking bridge.

I just need to take a deep breath deep breath deep breath deep breath

Edible

« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2016, 06:39:41 PM »
Panthers cut Bene Benwikere, our most experienced CB, in order to call up our 5th round rookie from the practice squad. I'm going to jump off a fucking bridge.

I just need to take a deep breath deep breath deep breath deep breath

I read about this and there is basically a line of 31 teams waiting to claim him off waivers.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2016, 09:05:27 PM »
Oh god, my team is the one going from first to worst, isn't it!?