Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 3  (Read 64098 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 3
« on: August 12, 2016, 03:11:10 AM »
>You are Maribel Hearn.

>You are a 19 years old university student majoring in psychology living in Kyoto, Japan. For a significant portion of your life you've caught glimpses of a land called Gensokyo in your dreams. Additionally, you were born with an ability to see boundaries, something that isn't normal for humans. You've kept these aspects about you secret for many years.

>Recently, these powers have been intensifying, and you've gained the ability to open and close tears in boundaries. Several days ago, you and your best friend, Renko Usami, entered Gensokyo using such a tear...

>Then things went downhill quickly. There were two shootings, and one of the victims was Reimu Hakurei, a shrine maiden you met within minutes of entering the realm. You found out, to your horror, that Renko was the assailant... You then met Yukari Yakumo, a youkai with powers similar to yours, who taught you basic danmaku, and assigned a cat youkai named Chen

>Later, after much searching, you found Renko again. You learned that she had been manipulated by an untrustworthy archangel known as Sariel. She had told Renko that her long lost sister, Sumireko was being held prisoner in Gensokyo, and that Reimu was the one keeping her imprisoned, which led to Reimu getting shot and put into critical condition. In actuality, Sariel merely wanted Reimu out of the way, so she could create a storm of pure chaos in order to draw out a real threat, another archangel by the name of Uriel. A plan that turned out entirely unnecessary, as Uriel did not respond to it.

>As you got roped into the angel's agenda, the three of you confronted Uriel head on, in the process, you found and released Sumireko. The confrontation ended with both angels heavily damaged, as Sariel sent you back to Gensokyo, where, after passing out from exhaustion, Yukari sent you home without Renko, and said you can return and stay in Gensokyo once your powers fully manifest. As she did so, she curiously dodged the question when you asked her if she could be your mother, a person you never knew that left your family soon after your birth...

>However, that's not the most upsetting thing that came from that experience. Over the course of your time in Gensokyo, you and Renko decided to turn your friendship into something more... intimate... Not only were you forced to leave the one you loved behind, but you also never got to say goodbye...

>A few days later, after spending most of your free time honing your skills, you re-entered Gensokyo by learning to create a tear without the need for a visible boundary, creating something similar to one of Yukari's gaps. You soon met YuugenMagan, who was observing Eientei. Shortly thereafter, you reunited with Renko, but the moment was short lived as Sumireko awoke, but seemed to be in some sort of trance. She broke out of Eientei, flying into the distance with a ton of random furniture.

>Before you could do anything, Yukari sent you back outside with the promise to find Sumireko. Unbeknownst to her, YuugenMagan followed you through the gap. After a brief conversation, she agreed to help find out what was wrong with Sumireko. And she helped you enter a realm known as Makai. There you obtained some money, and a fresh change of clothes. Meeting a couple of demons, Elis and Louise, as well as Shinki, the goddess of Makai, before you departed.

>After re-entering Gensokyo, you encountered three fairies, after helping them, one, named Luna, pointed you in three possible directions Sumireko might've flown. Towards a mansion, the Forest of Magic, or a sunflower field. You decided to head to the mansion. On the way there you met Rumia, and then you decided to make a tear directly to the mansion rather than walk the rest of the way.

>At the mansion, you met Sakuya Izayoi and Patchouli Knowledge. The latter offered to teach you a spell that could locate Sumireko, but was unable to do so due to complications with her health after Marisa broke into the library.

>You then managed to recruit Marisa into your group, and the three of you headed to the Garden of the Sun. There, after an encounter with a youkai named Yuuka, you found yourself reunited with Renko. The moment was short-lived as Marisa's broom crash-landed trying to carry you all away from the Garden. Shortly after the crash, you met a lonely, timid youkai with serious trust issues by the name of Rengeteki. After helping her back to her house after she sprained her ankle running from you, you promised to return and help her.

>You then tried to create a tear to Marisa's house, but the tear destabilized and probably would've torn reality apart if it wasn't for Yukari's timely intervention. Yukari then took you into her gap space after learning your location from Marisa. In there, you learned that she is, indeed, your mother... You also learned to make your own gaps, which are much more efficient and less draining than tears.

>After being released, and having Chen accompany you, you quickly regroup with Renko and YuugenMagan, the latter of which tells you that Marisa went home. You soon find Sumireko, whom YuugenMagan promptly possesses, revealing that she had been evil this whole time and has been using you for her own benefit, and incapacitates Chen. You also learned that Sumireko was fused with an angel named Matenshi, who you later learned was Sariel's child. YuugenMagan then heads to Uriel's realm, where she destroys both him and Sariel and absorbs their essence along with the essence of the other archangels. It was only after Renko managed to get Sumireko and Matenshi to resist that you were able to destroy the wicked youkai.

>You then headed to Eientei with Chen, Sumireko, and Renko. Where you met Koishi once more, and learned she planned to blind her third eye via surgery. You offered to go to the underground with her and help her face her family. Though Chen is preventing you from doing this right now.

>You are currently in Eientei. Yukari had just opened a gap in front of your group, and Chen has told you that she wants you and Renko to go through.

>INVENTORY:

>Black and White Shirt (equipped)
 >>A shirt obtained in Makai. It's a little too small. It feels tight around your chest.

>Black Skirt (equipped)
 >>A skirt obtained in Makai.

>Cloak (equipped)
 >>A grey cloak with a hood you obtained in Makai.

>Satchel (equipped) (capacity: 20/20 units)
 >>A bag for carrying items. Has a limited carrying capacity.

>Cellphone (1 unit)
  >>A communication device used to call other people. You doubt this would be of much use in Gensokyo...

>Coin Pouch (3 units)
  >>A bag filled with coins from Makai. You don't know how much is in here yet.

>Bucket (5 units) (Capacity: 0/5 units)
  >>A metal bucket. Takes up a lot of room in the satchel, but you can put things in it.

>Shopping Bag. (1 unit)
  >>A crumpled shopping bag you put your clothes in when you changed in Makai.

>Clothes (8 units)
  >>Your signature outfit, a purple and white dress with a black belt.

>Hat (2 units)
  >>A white cap that you wear almost all the time.

>QUESTS: MENTAL NOTES:
  >[COMPLETE] You were forced to leave without Renko. You resolved to return. Now you've returned to Gensokyo and reunited with Renko.
  >You never knew what Sumireko was doing in Gensokyo. You would like to investigate this further.
  >Did ya get that thing I sent ya?: You need to find something to repay Kagerou with for her assistance in finding Renko.
  >You wanted to find out if Yukari could be your mother, and if she wasn't, then you wanted to ask if she knows her whereabouts. Since then, you have learned that Yukari is indeed your mother, but that still leaves some questions unanswered.

>Approach the gap.
>"May Sumireko come as well? It's important."
>If Chen says some form of Yes, then head on through with everyone.

>"Let me see..." Chen closes her eyes for a second, "Ran-sama says Yukari-sama says it's okay."
>You step through the gap with your group and end up on a porch at the edge of a large, square zen garden. The porch, and the structure its attached to, seem to extend all the way around it.

>Yukari is sitting on the porch nearby, next to her is a pink-haired woman dressed in a blue outfit.
>"Hello, Maribel." says Yukari.
>"Hmm, there seems to be an extra person here..." The pink haired woman takes out a fan.
>"Sumireko was a last minute addition, one more person couldn't hurt, could it?" Yukari takes out a fan as well and opens it so that it obscures half her face.
>"Oh, no I suppose it won't. Besides, how does that one saying go? The more the merrier? Maybe we should invite Ran as well?"
>"Ran is currently busy I'm afraid."
>"Oh, what a shame then. At least there will be more for us."
>_
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:12:48 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 3
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:14:37 AM »
>"We found Sumireko and solved the problem with her acting strangely. And uh, more for what, if I might ask?"

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:28:11 AM »
>Look around the place we are in.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:46:39 AM »
>"We found Sumireko and solved the problem with her acting strangely. And uh, more for what, if I might ask?"
>"Why, food of course!" says the pink haired woman, "I know it's rather late, but I feel that I should at least treat my guests to dinner... Speaking of which, Youmu dear!" she calls into a nearby doorway.
>Soon, a white-haired girl in a green dress emerges, on her back appear to be two swords, a katana and a wakizashi. Some large, odd, wisp-like thing seems to be following her, "Yes, Lady Yuyuko?"
>"We have guests, I trust that you can prepare a suitable meal for everyone?"
>"This late? Er... I-I mean, understood, Lady Yuyuko!" She does a quick bow, you think it was slightly apologetic, before she disappears back into the structure.
>The pink-haired woman smiles, before gaining a look of realization, "Wait... You are hungry, are you not?"

>"Well, now that I think of it," says Renko, "Yeah... I haven't really eaten since this morning..."
>"Me too." says Sumireko.

>Look around the place we are in.
>You look around.
>You are standing on a porch overlooking a beautiful Zen garden with sand, a few rocks, and a couple of cherry trees. The sky is dim, and seems to have an odd aura over it. A couple of wisp-like things snake through the air in the distance, creating some hypnotically beautiful trails.
>The structure itself seems old, but well-kept.
>_

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 03:54:55 AM »
>Are we hungry?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 03:58:34 AM »
>Are we hungry?
>Now that you think about it, you realize you are absolutely starving! You haven't eaten anything since breakfast.
>_

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:08:05 AM »
>"Yes! I would love some food, its been a long day! Thank you Ms-uh, whats your name?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:09:07 AM »
>"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Maribel Hearn."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:33 AM »
Let's introduce ourselves a little nicer! We've heard her referred to Yuyuko a few times, so we've got that part.

>"It's nice to meet you, miss Yuyuko. I'm Maribel." Do a lil' curtsy as well, since she seems sorta important, being called Lady and seemingly having a servant!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 04:12:51 AM »
Let's introduce ourselves a little nicer! We've heard her referred to Yuyuko a few times, so we've got that part.

Oops, sorry, i misread the part where youmu showed up.

>don't say what i said earlier.
>"And yes, i would love some food!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 04:54:30 AM »
>"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Maribel Hearn."

>"It's nice to meet you, miss Yuyuko. I'm Maribel." Do a lil' curtsy as well, since she seems sorta important, being called Lady and seemingly having a servant!
>You curtsy to Yuyuko.
>"I know who you are, Maribel." Yuyuko smiles, "Believe it or not, I've actually met you and Renko before, though you two couldn't see or hear me... But I swear you liked a different style of apparel, that current outfit seems kind of ridiculous."
>Yukari chuckles, "I agree, where did you even come by that ridiculous outfit anyway? It's a bit too small for you too..."
>"H-Hey! It's not ridiculous!" Renko defends you, "Don't listen to them Merry, that outfit looks fine..."

>"Yes! I would love some food, its been a long day! Thank you Ms-uh, whats your name?"
Oops, sorry, i misread the part where youmu showed up.

>don't say what i said earlier.
>"And yes, i would love some food!"
>"Splendid." Yuyuko smiles.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 05:14:26 AM »
>"Thanks Renko, but I kinda do prefer my normal outfit. I really should get to changing soon. It's a bit uncomfortable too."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 05:40:53 AM »
>"Thanks Renko, but I kinda do prefer my normal outfit. I really should get to changing soon. It's a bit uncomfortable too."
>"Oh..." Renko frowns a little, "Well, if it's uncomfortable for you, then you should change..."
>You notice her eyes linger on your chest for a bit, before she tears them away.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 05:46:32 AM »
>"Well, I kinda need somewhere private to change... And I'm not sure if it's alright right now...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 06:14:25 AM »
>"Well, I kinda need somewhere private to change... And I'm not sure if it's alright right now...
>"Well, considering you know how to create gaps now, you do have a private space you can access whenever you wish..." says Yukari, "You just need to figure out how to access it... And now wouldn't be an appropriate time for it anyway..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 06:33:03 AM »
>Nod

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »
>"Watched Renko and i ? But how may i ask ?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
>With that statement specifically directed at Yuyuko
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »
>Nod
>You nod in agreement.

>"Watched Renko and i ? But how may i ask ?"
>With that statement specifically directed at Yuyuko
>"Oh, you know... There was one time when you two were investigating a graveyard a year or two back, and I just happened to be there at the time." Yuyuko replies, "You couldn't see me, but I did get rather close to you. You probably felt nothing more than a chill."
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
>Do we recall anything like that ?
>"Oh ! What were you doing there ?"

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 11:59:07 PM »
>"And why couldn't we see you Lady Yuyuko? Me and Renko would have liked to ask you about the afterlife!"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 12:14:17 AM »
>"And why couldn't we see you Lady Yuyuko? Me and Renko would have liked to ask you about the afterlife!"

>Don't ask this, this would be going a bit out of character.

//We don't even know we are in the netherworld or that Yuyuko is a ghost.

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 12:24:53 AM »
//We don't even know we are in the netherworld or that Yuyuko is a ghost.
She said she saw us while we were investigating the netherworld. And we couldn't see her. Mary is a paranormal investigator. I'm sure she could put 2 and 2 together. And even if she didn't figure out yuyuko was a ghost, she could reasonably assume that Yuyuko would know something about the Netherworld.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 12:36:20 AM »
//Well Yukari said she has been observing us for a long time, and she is no ghost is she ? So the same could apply for Yuyuko, since we know nothing of what she can do, and we saw a fairy capable of cloaking itself and others, so the same could happen here.

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 12:39:11 AM »
Okay good point. But i'll ask yuyuko about the netherworld once we figure out she's a ghost.

>"And what is this place?"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2016, 12:44:32 AM »
//Sure thing !

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2016, 12:47:54 AM »
>Do we recall anything like that ?
>"Oh ! What were you doing there ?"
>You do recall investigating graveyards on two separate occasions. The first was supposedly the location of an entrance to the netherworld, while the second was just a supernatural hotspot. You do recall feeling a chill the second time.

>"Well, there are certain areas in the outside world where ghosts like to play. And you just so happened to be in one." Yuyuko smiles.

>"And what is this place?"
>"Why, Hakugyokurou, of course!"
>_

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 12:51:51 AM »
>Do we know that name?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 12:52:58 AM »
>"Wait... does that mean that you're a ghost?"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 01:09:54 AM »
>"And what do you mean with "areas where ghosts like to play" ? What does "play" mean ?"