Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 166345 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2017, 03:48:33 AM »
HSiFS Lunatic no-release 1cc (ReimuSp).

Finally sat down to learn Stage 5, the last part of the main game I was missing, and got this shortly after. My resource management still sucks. Still, that's 1 down, 15 more to go.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

RB

« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2017, 05:37:35 AM »
I really like MarisaWinter.

8mnbnr
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:12:16 PM by RB »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2017, 02:25:14 AM »
HSiFS Extra Stage clear.

First clear, no releases used (as usual for me), and everything from Okina's 7th spell on was blind. Even if I was using Reimu, this has to rank as one of the easiest Extras out there. Only took me like 75 minutes from when I first starting playing this stage to when I cleared it.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #393 on: August 20, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »
Well, I cleared TH16 on Normal.

I guess I've been struggling with this game more than the others just because there is so much temptation to do risky things to get score. Then again, this time it paid off: I was at no lives left, got the 250m extend from the point items from Okina's penultimate, finished 0/0. Ah well, just glad to have that one in the bag :)

« Reply #394 on: August 20, 2017, 02:09:15 AM »
I scored 2.3 billion in IN Extra!

This run went really strangely. On one cancel I had to rush through a nice bullet maze because I'd failed to create a proper gap. The next cancel I did totally flawlessly and noticed only afterwards that I had totally not checked whether there were any bullets in my way. While still kinda freaked out at this I mistimed the next cancel which made basically made me lose half the PIV for the biggest point item drop in the stage. Decided not to reset and made it to Mokou. Cue for the weirdest part of the entire run: while spinning the first nonspell, Mokou eventually gave me a rather mean wave I wasn't prepared for. I somehow reflectively deathbombed at the very last moment, immediately killed the attack off, paused and almost instinctively restarted then spent a good while thinking about what the hell had even just happened. Eventually I decided to continue since I hadn't died yet. I made it to Xu-Fu without any issues (an achievement in itself). Now, there is a supergraze on this card which I learned really recently so this was at the same time the most important part for scoring and the part I was most likely to fail (since I had not practiced it nearly as much in comparison to everything else). In fact, this was the first time I arrived there in a run that "could still be something" ever since learning the supergraze. Now, I almost choked immediately and had to skip a few dashes at the beginning because of it but the rest of it went flawlessly and I even ended the attack at the right time. The only downside was getting pretty nervous for... well, suddenly doing a lot better than expected. I did the next two attacks without anything special happening and then on the sixth nonspell the most annoying mistake happened. I currently had one bomb left and I was to get another one from "Hollow Giant: Woo". I should have just committed and focused all my attention to capturing this nonspell (seeing how a deathbomb would not have been any worse than a regular bomb). However, I didn't think this through, panicbombed right after, realising that since I was trying to No-Miss this stage and I definitely needed a bomb for Mokou's unholy rings of lightspeed this meant that I now had to capture the next three attacks (all of which are kinda hard) to even stand a chance. I actually pulled through this (and all of the attacks felt pretty scary) just to get immediately and mercilessly obliterated by Random Rings of Doom? and die nevertheless. Now, dying means a score loss of about 70 million and makes the run feel imperfect no matter what but I was definitely not going to restart at this point, being this far into the stage so I carried on. Fujiyama Volcano went without troubles (it is sort of the last breather spell, after all). I had no problems with the graze on Possessed by Phoenix either, however I managed to almost kill myself during Phase 3 of it (you know, the one which is completely and entirely free). Don't ask. Luckily, I had practiced Hourai Doll shortly before and so I just did a score-wise bad but safe capture (still managed to almost kill myself). The last spell, Imperishable Shooting is my most practiced spell (over 1200 attempts in spell practice) and my favourite spell in the entire series, hence why I was feeling the need to do it justice and did not play it very safely. Consequently, I almost died to the third wave of it but in the end I got rewarded with a really nice capture of it. So, after all the mistakes (especially dying) I had honestly not expected much of this run but when the dialogue was showing up and the clear bonus  (which is huge in this Extra, by the way) had not yet tallied up I had hopes to possibly get a PB. I definitely didn't think that this run would get 2.3b, beating my old PB by about 100 million and I totally freaked out when I saw the number appearing on screen. Truly a surprise of the best kind and truly something that brightens my day!
Anyways, I hope you don't mind the wall of text! I just really felt like going through this run in detail and where would be a better place than here? :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #395 on: August 24, 2017, 09:59:04 PM »
HSiFS Extra Stage perfect run!

Wheeeeeeee finally. This was more a test of patience than anything else - I actually lost most of my runs to me making dumb mistakes before the final spell, so I had to try extra hard to not get tilted by it lol. I hope the whole "back-shot" idea isn't pushed to the side in future games, even if it still shows up rarely. I'd like to see more of this kind of versatility in shot types.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #396 on: September 02, 2017, 12:12:38 PM »
So when I said I would go for UFO Hard, I was being hopeful. :V
I did this instead:

[attach=1]
Yeah, I'll take it.

This was on a random run with ReimuA, after losing multiple ReimuB runs to earlygame (getting past stage 1 is already pretty rare for me since I am horrifically greedy in stage 1.)
Going for MoF/HSiFS next.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #397 on: September 04, 2017, 11:36:59 PM »
I got an LNB in HSiFS using releases, already got my run uploaded here: ReimuWinter Lunatic No Bombs

This game's quite silly, I will aim for an LNBNR soon enough; practice for it a bit now.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #398 on: September 15, 2017, 01:17:50 AM »
Oh hey. I actually got a lot of them. Now that it's been a while since I've gotten anything, it might be good to post here.

Honestly, nothing much special about this, really. The only thing truly noteworthy is that it was my first 1cc after my nearly 2 year long hiatus of the series. I also played Komachi for the first time instead of Marisa and I really liked it.

Again, nothing fancy about this other than the fact that I got it with Yuuka and it was an 1cc I got after not playing Touhou (at least properly) after so long.

When I originally 1cc'd IN, I did it with 7 starting lives. I wasn't quite satisfied with that so I pulled this one off to compensate for that. It was really fun, it really reminded me of how much I like this game, and it was a nice little challenge for me.

This was actually the first time I ever properly 1cc'd MoF, wow... I always played the game but I'd just mess around with Marisa B-ugged and instamelt everything. I got the Vsync patch to fix her up then I 1cc'd MoF and fell in love with it. I guess the game really is much different when you actually play it properly eh.

Hey, maybe this might have something slightly more presentable. I only lost my first life on Komachi instead of Aya as usual so I finished the game with one more life in stock. I like it, I never did that before.

Same as with IN, my original 1cc of the game started with non-default lives and I thought nowadays I could do better. I realised the power of the Vsync patch with this, too. EoSD controlling like it should've always controlled is so fun.

This is ugly. Really ugly. I only uploaded it to show I did it. The only thing special about it is that I got it Day One. Yay. I can say I 1cc'd a Touhou game on Day One now.

Yay! My first challenge! It only took about 4 tries, I think, but I got it and I am really proud of myself I pulled it off. Perhaps the endgame is a bit ugly since I was way too nervous... but meh, I think what matters is I got it in the end.

My current goals are: EoSD Normal No Miss, MoF Normal No Miss, SA, UFO and DDC 1CC and LoLK Normal NMNB.

Random achievements:

I haven't uploaded any of the replay files yet. I will do so all at once later in the year. Is Gensokyo.org still what we use for this? The site only goes up to 10D.
[/list]

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

« Reply #399 on: September 15, 2017, 05:47:24 AM »
Got a HSiFS Lunatic No-Release 1cc a few days ago. I'm thinking this might be easier than a vanilla 1cc, since you're not trying anything fancy with releases and likely getting killed for it, but it was pretty fun. I'm looking at NBNR next, but I'm still not decided on whether I'll be sticking with Reimu or switch to Marisa in this one

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

RB

« Reply #400 on: September 15, 2017, 10:45:48 AM »
do marisa pls :3

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2017, 05:16:38 AM »
FFFUUUCCKKKK

IT IS DONE
1430 RETRIES AND SEVERAL WEEKS LATER IT IS DONE
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »
MoF ExNB. I really wasn't expecting to get it this quickly; it only took two attempts, I wasn't treating this as a serious attempt (kept going after two deaths on the stage), and I died in the last second of Red Frog, leaving me with no lives. Not exactly the most confidence-inspiring start, given that my previous history on Suwa War was 0/20, and Mishaguji is pretty horrendous with ReimuA. Nonetheless, I did it!  :D

« Reply #403 on: October 01, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »
HSiFS LNBNR
Spoiler:
WinterMarisa is this game's Needle Reimu
It's a 10-miss, but I'm still fairly satisfied with it, even with all those deaths I managed 18/22, and got to clear on my first time reaching stage 6.
Although, I am slightly upset at leaving those deaths on stage 3. I was getting sick of doing stages 1 and 2.
I wasn't expecting this anytime soon given how little I got to play lately, but here it is.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »
HSiFS Stage 4 Lunatic perfect run!

About time. The stage ending obviously took a while for me understand, but I can survive it at least half the time now, which I'll definitely take. Narumi was what really held me up, especially me having a surprising amount of trouble with her final until basically earlier today.

« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2017, 06:02:31 PM »
Looks like I've finally broken my jinx on Misayama Hunting Shrine Ritual. Played one stage practice and one full run just now, capped MHSR both times. Previous history was 2/53 (or 5/97 across all shots). The stage practice was also my first perfect Kanako on Normal, already got one on Easy.

...I really am running out of things to do before attempting a Lunatic 1cc. I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and get down to it at some point.

« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2017, 08:09:20 AM »
After seven years of Touhou starting from the ground up on Easy Mode and now Lunatic, I can say this is my proudest achievement so far (and I'm glad Busy Rod didn't pass 300 attempts in history before I got this)

Replay

I died with bombs in stock in Stage 5 and totally thought it was over then, but I still somehow managed to save myself and I'm not sure how.

« Reply #407 on: October 28, 2017, 05:31:17 AM »
Got frustrated being unable to 1cc DDC Hard with MarisaB or ReimuA, and picked up SakuyaA just for a change of pace. 1cc on my first try  :V

« Reply #409 on: November 12, 2017, 01:53:04 AM »
HSiFS 6MNBNR. This time with Reimu.
Places of deaths were: stage 4 spam, Narumi's final, Behind you, Behind Festival, Scorched Earth and Snowman. I'm okay with this, save for Behind you, I died to the usual things one can be expected to.

I'm going back to Marisa if I choose to push this further, though. I prefer to deal with Stage 5 with her than Stage 6 with Reimu.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
Alright, so I've done two things:

First, I finally recorded and uploaded my EoSD Lunatic 1cc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4CswDuvD1M
This run was shown on TRS before that died.

I've also gotten a MoF Easy Perfect, which isn't much, but I'll probably edit in commentary for advice on the run for newcomers.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #412 on: November 24, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »
Woo hoo! First legit extra clear! HSiFS Reimu-Extra because Reimu is broken in extra

replay here
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2017, 12:21:44 AM »
In the last couple of weeks I've been going through a round of one Normal No-Focus clear in each game, just to get one more achievement crossed off. So far, I've done HSIFS, MoF, IN and SSS, and none of them gave me any trouble.

But the part I'm really proud of is that in the SSS clear (with Koishi, btw) I actually managed to capture Star Rain "Homeplace's Star", the card based on the LoLK rain section, and definitely the hardest Normal card in the game.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »

I'm back in business! I just wanted to dish out another nice UFO scorerun. Pretty satisfied, so I think I'll take a break from this game for a while since I'm a burnt out from playing it so much.
Maybe I'll try another game for score, like MoF or LoLK...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:51:48 PM by ZM »

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2017, 05:13:17 AM »

Finally got a UFO Hard 1cc.
I'm starting to appreciate UFO just a little. Only a little though.

Replay here

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #416 on: December 19, 2017, 08:11:44 AM »
I've been plugging away on Okina's finals for a good while, and tonight I managed to beat both the summer and winter finals after not really touching either until now, completing the set. While her spring final is undeniably the hardest of the bunch for me (1/589!!!), my summer final replay was done in only 60 attempts. I thought this impressive, until I watched the replay and realized just how lucky I got on some of the dodges. Particularly once the final phase starts, I go through a string of so many split second decisions that it's a miracle I survived them all. It is something to see.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/073gf0kf937r2pv/th16_24.rpy

That makes all spell cards in HSiFS captured on lunatic and extra. /o/ Now all that's left is...to actually 1cc the game on lunatic. ;; Don't know why I keep putting that off.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #417 on: February 24, 2018, 05:38:34 AM »
https://youtu.be/hxJ9nMayjjs

1cc'd PCB, MoF and IN Lunatic since my EoSD Lunatic 1cc. The video is the only "noteworthy" 1cc, the IN Lunatic run.

« Reply #418 on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
I recently got my first 1CC and Extra clear, MarisaWinter Normal.
It was very tough, but i managed to beat it with 3 lives left :D

So Okina was both my first Stage 6 boss beaten AND my first Extra boss beaten. Thats weird.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #419 on: March 12, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
HSiFS Stage 5 Lunatic perfect run!

Fiiiinally. Recently had several runs get up to Behind Festival only for me to screw up in ways I really shouldn't have. Yes I know Behind Festival is super crazy, but those mistakes really were on me.