Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 166499 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »
FINALLy after almost 2 years of hard work i have officially 1cc EOSD. I wasnt even expecting to clear but it was extremely close. Either way im very happy i was crying at the credits. Finally i can rest from this Amazing but stressful game.
anyways heres the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=41409

Notes: This run was done with no patches other than english Patch (No retexture,hitbox,etc)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2016, 10:33:40 PM »
You know, when I opened the replay page, I was already starting to wonder because your score looks really low (not that I expect a first 1cc to score). So I downloaded the replay, opened it in my game and as soon as I started it, I let out a sigh and closed it again because I saw all I needed to know. Please mention (for future runs) when you use not-default lives. I got super excited about seeing how someone could score this low without actually even trying (low scoring challenges come up sometimes) but you dashed my hopes by using 2 more lives than you should have had. I don't want to tell you now that this wasn't difficult for you or that you didn't try, but 1ccing a game with extra lives is sort of like riding a bicycle with those training wheels. Or like using arm floats to swim. You will neither fall down and break your neck nor will you drown like a rock but you really can't claim you can ride a bicycle or swim. I hope these analogies makes sense because at first I considered using a wheelchair and fast runner one but that didn't seem quite right, you know (because they can't even technically run, if you didn't get it, whereas you technically won't drown etc). Of course, needing arm floats now doesn't mean that you will always need them. You know, knowing how to swim can be a life saving skill and I hope you will really consider getting used to the water. It can be quite fun to dive into the big blue. Just make sure to not get sand in your eyes, that can hurt. I hope that some day you will know how to swim, Catmusica! Good luck and congratulations on the arm floats, it's a first big step.

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2016, 11:25:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately im a really shitty player right now but eventually ill push myself further and eventually my goal  is to clear all the games on normal and go back and do stuff like playing with two starting with different characters or no bombs, moving up difficulties. but for now im going around improving myself and learning how to memorize spells in the games. Right now i might not be capable but i just know if i keep practicing ill definitely get better!

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2016, 06:40:51 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately im a really shitty player right now but eventually ill push myself further and eventually my goal  is to clear all the games on normal and go back and do stuff like playing with two starting with different characters or no bombs, moving up difficulties. but for now im going around improving myself and learning how to memorize spells in the games. Right now i might not be capable but i just know if i keep practicing ill definitely get better!

Hmm. If you don't mind, you might want to try a run on default lives and bombs just to see what happens. I can't speak for myself (since I never figured out that setting existed), but I've heard that knowing you have only so little resources as compared to what you're used to can help with resource management and more active bombing. Why don't you give it a shot.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2016, 07:31:37 AM »
Or just don't use greater than default lives setting period. Doing so is like using a continue and calling the run a 1cc.

Honestly when I first started I didn't even know you could change your lives, so I just stuck with this all the way.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
OK I'll try default lives and see how it goes my hope is that due to better scoring I don't have to worry about going to top of the screen as much.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
Mm, now that I've uploaded it, I can probably officially announce my SA ReimuA LNB. Now with more scrub fails and downright confusing victories.

...yay, I guess.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2016, 11:48:28 PM »
1cc'd LoLK Legacy Normal yesterday using Reisen, with 6 lives at the end of game. The greatest achievement here, however, is capturing Clownpiece's 1st spell with one layer of shield still on.

The biggest letdown is that I'm doing it in 60 FPS, while usually I did it in 62.3 FPS.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

RB

« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:13 AM »
Attempted a low-retry PD Lunatic clear as Marisa recently. This game is ridiculous.

Stage 1 had 2 retries, one manual retry to Seiran's first midboss encounter for not killing her fast enough, and one death to midboss spell.
Stage 2 had 8 retries, one each to Ringo's midboss, 2nd non and 3rd non. Got unlucky at September Pumpkin and bombed it after 5 retries.
Stage 3 had 5 retries on the stage portion and 3 on Doremy's second non. Wasted a bomb there and it was irrelevant too. I needed that.
Stage 4 final chapter is just stupid with Marisa and I had to bomb there. It's just simple streaming but those orbs are hard to kill and loves to snipe you. 7 retries on stage and 9 on boss. tfw Stage 3 as a whole took less retries than Sagume

34 retries going into Stage 5.

Stage 5... it's just ridiculous. By the time I reached it, I had only 2 bombs which means looots of retries.

Pristine Lunacy decided to be stupid that day and took up the most retries: 13. Runner ups are Stage 6 rain (12, if I bomb I won't make it past the last spell) and Hellish Secrets of Grazing (11, far and away Clown's hardest attack).

I had hoped for a double digit retry count like Sanae (81). Final result (the one with 531 mil):

:colonveeplusalpha::colonveeplusalpha::colonveeplusalpha::colonveeplusalpha:Oh well, 104 retries for a third clear as Marisa.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:34:09 AM by RB »

« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2016, 06:42:44 PM »
Finally beaten Koishi Komeiji as well, but I don't know how did I beat her sooner than Flandre Scarlet:

I also managed to beat Keine's 1st spell in ISC without using any main items. (yin-yang orb sub)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:47:58 PM by The Anti-Person »

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2016, 08:37:15 PM »
Finally beaten Koishi Komeiji as well, but I don't know how did I beat her sooner than Flandre Scarlet:

What is your issue with Flandre ? I did beat her so maybe i can help.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:56:23 AM by Starlighthawk »

RB

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2016, 01:37:09 AM »
Timed out everything Doremy has on Lunatic except the first non (gave up after 25+ tries)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »
So I got a DDC hard 1cc with ReimuA on like my second credit attempt. Uhh...
Bombing op?
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2016, 12:12:31 AM »
Have been doing DDC Extra quite a bit lately (since I cannot seem to get good runs in LoLK EX while attempting NMNB I feel like going back to DDC Extra.) And recently hit 90% overall shottype progression.

Still working a little bit, would like it if I could get the remaining shots to 700M atleast, but feel somewhat satisfied with what I've got so far.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

RB

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2016, 03:50:40 AM »
LoLK Extra 90fps clear
i'm lost, what should i do next :V
EoSD Hard?

Have been doing DDC Extra quite a bit lately (since I cannot seem to get good runs in LoLK EX while attempting NMNB I feel like going back to DDC Extra.) And recently hit 90% overall shottype progression.

Still working a little bit, would like it if I could get the remaining shots to 700M atleast, but feel somewhat satisfied with what I've got so far.
That's really nice. Good luck on your future scoreruns.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »
That's really nice. Good luck on your future scoreruns.
Thank you, although I think it'll take a while until I can improve some of the scores... My speakers kind of died too so I kind of got to fix that.

« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »
OH YES FIRST EXTRA CLEAR EVER! IN YOUR FACE MOKOU! j/k, ilu

Yes, I know IN Extra is probably the easiest Extra but I want to celebrate the moment! :dragonforce: Yes, I had to use two deathbombs on her easiest spellcard (Phoenix's Tail) but I still somehow cleared! Now, how do I unlock Imperishable Shooting...?

Why do I still keep dying to that stupid death fairy?! I even used a bomb beforehand! AAAAAA

RB

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »
euphoria
Congratulations! I wouldn't say Phoenix's Tail is the easiest though. That honor goes to Flaw of Forgiving Shrine.

To unlock IS, you need to capture 8 cards, Keine's included.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2016, 12:17:41 PM »
ReimuB improvement, NM and 2 bombs used in the stage section, Raiko NMNB too.

That's a pretty massive improvement and apparently third place on Royalflare too. I'll upload this run for sure.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Yes, I know IN Extra is probably the easiest Extra but I want to celebrate the moment! :dragonforce: Yes, I had to use two deathbombs on her easiest spellcard (Phoenix's Tail) but I still somehow cleared! Now, how do I unlock Imperishable Shooting...?

Why do I still keep dying to that stupid death fairy?! I even used a bomb beforehand! AAAAAA

You unlock Imperishable Shooting my capturing 7 spell cards in one run (Keine included). I also have to strongly disagree when you say Phoenix Tail is her easiest spell. Especially when she has Flying Phoenix and Flaw of Forgiving Shrine (or Iwakasa and Fujiyama but whatever).

The death fairy is static, look at how a scoring replay dodges it for free caps every time.

« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2016, 01:07:59 PM »
What is your issue with Flandre ? I did beat her so maybe i can help.
5th spellcard: Maze of Love
and her timeout

Plus most of her attacks might be easy, but there is a lack of resources. (she doesn't give you any extra bombs and you only get two extra lives during the stage)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »
5th spellcard: Maze of Love
and her timeout

Plus most of her attacks might be easy, but there is a lack of resources. (she doesn't give you any extra bombs and you only get two extra lives during the stage)

Maze of Love is a card you just have to keep doing until you get the hang of it, you alternate between Focused Taps, Focused Constant Moving and Unfocused Taps to keep up with the pattern while making sure to not run into a wall, the way i do is that i take on the first part (Counter-clockwise), then i man the second one at the bottom with a bomb.

Flandre's Survival Card is pretty much just memorizing the pattern, since the first part is defined by how you move around, and the second is a fixed pattern every time, try looking at some replays to get the hang of it.

« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2016, 02:15:34 PM »
Congratulations! I wouldn't say Phoenix's Tail is the easiest though. That honor goes to Flaw of Forgiving Shrine.

To unlock IS, you need to capture 8 cards, Keine's included.
You unlock Imperishable Shooting my capturing 7 spell cards in one run (Keine included). I also have to strongly disagree when you say Phoenix Tail is her easiest spell. Especially when she has Flying Phoenix and Flaw of Forgiving Shrine (or Iwakasa and Fujiyama but whatever).

The death fairy is static, look at how a scoring replay dodges it for free caps every time.
I actually forgot about Forgiving Shrine, yeah that one's the easiest, I just really like micrododging stuff like Phoenix Tail even though I'm not exactly consistent with it. I really suck at Flying Phoenix, I keep forgetting where to go exactly to misdirect, keep getting clipped by the phoenix wings.

Yeah Keine's really simple now. I think I captured 6 cards in total (Keine x 3, Forgiving Shrine, Honest Man, Hourai Doll). I should be pretty close to unlocking IS, just need to practise some more and get consistent with clears. Inconsistency is my greatest weakness :V

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2016, 04:26:48 PM »
Yes, I know IN Extra is probably the easiest Extra but I want to celebrate the moment! :dragonforce:
IN Extra, the easiest...?
I don't remember hearing that back in the day, but as things stand now, I thought DDC Extra was the easiest.  If you want another target, etc.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »
Not PCB or MoF? I always thought Ran and Suwako were among the easiest Extra bosses (without also having low resources like Flandre).

Mokou seems to be one of the more difficult Extra bosses pattern-wise; it's just you get plenty of resources for her, especially with IN's deathbomb system being more forgiving of accidental deaths. Her spells also tend to be very reliant on spell practice to learn strategies. I wouldn't say she's easiest.

Can't really judge Raiko's difficulty due to my first Extra clears being long before DDC's release, but I'd say Raiko does have unusually threatening (for Extra) nonspells in particular. It might balance out in terms of sheer life count, though-- you can reach around 7 lives in the stage portion (assuming the final midboss spell is bombed; not sure if 8 is reachable without capturing it).

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2016, 06:43:17 PM »
DDC Extra is the easiest if you use MarisaB, otherwise it is one of the harder extras to clear in my opinion since Raiko is in my opinion a bit harder than most Extra bosses (also the spellcard rng makes it a lot less consistently doable.)

I'd say the easiest extra overall is LLS's Extra, a lot of resources; patterns are not that bad to do.

« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »
Managed to clear TD in 3 runs. I love this game and i love the patterns. Ill probably go for a no bomb run next. Right now im just trying to go through and clear the games to see those cute endings.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »

aaaaaaa

And to make matters worse, it was a no bomb run.

I did manage to 1cc, though.

Most of the spellcards I captured were the first time I captured them, because normally I just bomb them.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2016, 01:29:07 AM »
Not PCB or MoF? I always thought Ran and Suwako were among the easiest Extra bosses (without also having low resources like Flandre).

Mokou seems to be one of the more difficult Extra bosses pattern-wise; it's just you get plenty of resources for her, especially with IN's deathbomb system being more forgiving of accidental deaths. Her spells also tend to be very reliant on spell practice to learn strategies. I wouldn't say she's easiest.

Can't really judge Raiko's difficulty due to my first Extra clears being long before DDC's release, but I'd say Raiko does have unusually threatening (for Extra) nonspells in particular. It might balance out in terms of sheer life count, though-- you can reach around 7 lives in the stage portion (assuming the final midboss spell is bombed; not sure if 8 is reachable without capturing it).
I haven't made a real attempt at MoF yet, I tried it once just to see how I far I could get, lost my last life on Suwako's first card. I haven't even cleared PCB Normal yet so I can't make any attempts on Extra yet. :V

Yeah, I figured IN was the easiest because of all the extra resources and the generous deathbombing frame. Plus, when I get bored and want a Touhou fix, I usually turn to IN for some quick Spell Practice, so I have a good idea of how to clear Mokou's spells.

I don't have DDC yet but I have seen replays of DDC Extra. To me, it looks like you can get way more resources than IN if you know what you're doing.

aaaaaaa

And to make matters worse, it was a no bomb run.

I did manage to 1cc, though.

Most of the spellcards I captured were the first time I captured them, because normally I just bomb them.
Oh wow, congrats on your clear! I might try for a NB run as well, looks crazy difficult.

Just noticed your FPS says 255, is that normal?