Author Topic: Strange Creators Magazine Vol.2 "Characters" section  (Read 3688 times)

Strange Creators Magazine Vol.2 "Characters" section
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »
I would like to ask if there's anyone who's gonna translate this? If there's no one, I would try to find someone for the job, albeit might not an english translation since I'm not from an english speaking country so it might be either hard or too expensive for me to use the service from someone in an english speaking country.

But the thing is I really wanna read this thing that I'm ready to pay to a certain extent, if someone is planning to translate them already, let me know! :D

Re: Strange Creators Magazine Vol.2 "Characters" section
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:08:14 AM »
I wasn't planning to, but I could (which is what ended up happening last time anyway). I was waiting for someone else to do the transcription first though, since typing out what's in the magazine is just too annoying for me.

Edit: Wait, you mentioned money. I'm not sure if this is ethical or not, but a donation would certainly give me more motivation.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:10:23 AM by Clarste »

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Okay, I did the Scarlet Sisters for now. Transcribing Japanese is incredibly tedious for me though.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:12:38 AM »
Okay, I did the Scarlet Sisters for now. Transcribing Japanese is incredibly tedious for me though.

Thanks Clarste!

...wow.  Complete confirmation that Remilia is the vampire in the vampire incident.  I mean, most of us figured that out already but it's nice to see it flat out stated.

Golly, considering how so many people were against that theory of mines, I feel vindicated now.  Maybe in a few more decades ZUN will flat out state that Maribel became Yukari.

EDIT:  Oh, it wasn't written by ZUN himself.  Still, it at least shows that it's obvious over there and I'd hope that ZUN would have corrected them if they were wrong about it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:29:30 AM by Tiamat »

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:49:34 AM »
EDIT:  Oh, it wasn't written by ZUN himself.  Still, it at least shows that it's obvious over there and I'd hope that ZUN would have corrected them if they were wrong about it.
Well, its pretty clear on times where something is unclear, and its pretty obvious that this magazine has ZUN's blessings, so i'm pretty sure this counts as a official confirmation. But then again, Hirji's jiggly boobs in HM must have somehow passed by ZUN without him noticing, considering he's NEVER had fan service in a touhou game up to that point. So......Maybe not?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 03:10:40 AM »
Honestly I don't see why people get so caught up on that tiny little animation. Personally, I think Futo's skirt is significantly more eyebrow raising, but even that's just eh. If that's "fanservice" then ZUN would have had a heart attack long ago just from breathing the air at Comiket.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 06:22:02 AM »
The skirts are crazy short in the first iteration of the Three Fairies Manga and Mei Ling is missing pants

....then again, the artist of that one did get replaced "for health reasons"

DUN DUN DUN

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:54 AM »
ZUN has made himself pretty clear when it comes to his creations and fan service, and I think the artists brought in to do official works realize and respect this, no matter how much freedom they're given. It's refreshing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 02:51:59 PM »
Honestly I don't see why people get so caught up on that tiny little animation. Personally, I think Futo's skirt is significantly more eyebrow raising, but even that's just eh. If that's "fanservice" then ZUN would have had a heart attack long ago just from breathing the air at Comiket.

That's because if Remi isn't the one doing it, that's mean there's another vampire that started this. Just think, a major player that's contributed to the spell card rule, yet we haven't know her (It's definitively a girl, DON'T QUESTION ME!!) til now.Since ZUN is also a master of words, that's going to put some noggin into this inconsisency. Maybe there's some hidden story line out there, why it's so, what is her relation with the vampire, the shrine maiden and Yukari herself, and will she ever showed up?... thing like that.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
Also I am more interested on the Reimu x Marisa shipping on the cover than anything...Is there some ship actually getting sail in Touhou?

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 03:21:54 PM »
Thanks Clarste!

...wow.  Complete confirmation that Remilia is the vampire in the vampire incident.  I mean, most of us figured that out already but it's nice to see it flat out stated.

Golly, considering how so many people were against that theory of mines, I feel vindicated now.  Maybe in a few more decades ZUN will flat out state that Maribel became Yukari.

I'm not even sure what made people think the vampire of the vampire incident wasn't Remilia, considering how it was explicitly stated that the vampire from the incident and the one of the scarlet mist were the same.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 04:56:18 AM »
Also I am more interested on the Reimu x Marisa shipping on the cover than anything...Is there some ship actually getting sail in Touhou?

Apparently, in the new Rinnosuke's story he's getting along with Sumireko. Not anything big yet I guess but hey, it's the only named guy with the only outside girl who has contacted the main casts.

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »
Yeah...apparently Ran Yakumo is the name of the program, rather than the indivitual. Wow... the more you know.