Author Topic: Pokemon Go: Looking Silly In Public For Pokemon  (Read 69016 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Pokemon Go: Looking Silly In Public For Pokemon
« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
I can almost sympathize with it if you live in a rural area since it seems like people who do just aren't allowed to play, but yeah, that's made cheating. It's super cheaty no matter what, but if you do it in the middle of an urban area it's exceptionally low.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #511 on: August 14, 2016, 12:14:52 PM »
I can understand the rural argument, sorta. I guess it varies from region to region. Here, even a village of like 100 people has at least one gym and a few pokestops. OTOH, there's people in this thread who are deprived of resources.

Maybe in future iterations you can actually make stops and gyms if there are none within like 1km. Might get pretty crowded though.

edit: In today's great adventures, I noticed my home gym was Mystic again and had a slot open. Went up there and popped in a 1200+CP Golduck, then started training it up from Level 3. As I did so, this little kid came running up, asking me if I was attacking the gym. I said I was not; that I had just dropped a mon in there and was training it up. Relieved, he started training it up with me. Together we got it to Level 7 - a pretty respectable increase, especially as it appears my Golduck is #4 in line.

Is that static, by the way? I mean, does the order in which your mon appears stay there until someone beats the predecessors, does it rotate around, or what?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:12:07 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #512 on: August 15, 2016, 06:00:24 AM »
Maybe in future iterations you can actually make stops and gyms if there are none within like 1km. Might get pretty crowded though.

'hey dad i made our house a pokestop'

'what does that mean so- OH GOD WHY ARE THERE ALL THESE MILLENIALS EVERYWHERE NOW CALL THE POLICE AND GET MY GUN'

Drake

« Reply #513 on: August 15, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
Is that static, by the way? I mean, does the order in which your mon appears stay there until someone beats the predecessors, does it rotate around, or what?
It's sorted by ascending CP, and the lowest CP is always kicked out first.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

« Reply #514 on: August 15, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
'hey dad i made our house a pokestop'

'what does that mean so- OH GOD WHY ARE THERE ALL THESE MILLENIALS EVERYWHERE NOW CALL THE POLICE AND GET MY GUN'

"No sweat dad, I turned it into a gym instead."

"Oh that's good you could use the exerci- WHAT ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE DOING IN OUR DRIVEWAY!"

It's sorted by ascending CP, and the lowest CP is always kicked out first.

Oh sweet, that's good to know.

Well my 1200+CP Golduck got booted out of my gym with like 1h45m left to go. Which is all good - just means I have a lot less time to wait before I can fill a slot again and have it pay off.

Also, forgot to mention: in my sprint to the gym yesterday, at one point the game gave me that "You are going too fast!" message. Whether this was a glitch or they really lowered the speed limit, I thought it was funny. I mean, I always thought I wasn't in particularly great shape. Thanks, PoGo, for convincing me otherwise!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #515 on: August 15, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »
Now now, I know you're a rather big fan of Aya's, but maybe you should calm down a little and stop channeling her so much, hm?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Tengukami

« Reply #516 on: August 15, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »
I don't choose when she speaks through me.

For real tho, I know I wasn't running 20 kph.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #517 on: August 23, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »
Update 1.5.0/0.32 is coming out!
-Adds IV checking (roughly) via the same menu containing "TRANSFER" and "FAVORITE"
-Minor bot fixes

So yeah, this seems interesting. We can now hear (read?) the Team Leaders' speech patterns by IV checking, as showcased here. Here's to hoping they turn this into something much more developed than the current state! Oh, and the meaning of "Minor bot fixes" is up for debate. I think it's going to be the new "Minor text fixes" :derp:

Source:
https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/767881639045238784

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Tengukami

« Reply #518 on: August 25, 2016, 02:24:16 PM »
Aw yiss.

I'm still having to sign into PTC, sign out, and then sign in through Google in order to connect at all. The process though has become like second nature to me so I don't really mind.

Now that school has started, as predicted, this game has become a lot more fun to play. I love fortifying an existing Gym most of all, though battling is fun too, and either way it's nice that any mons I sit in there might actually last through the first cycle.

Although yesterday my Golduck was booted out of a Mystic gym with 8 minutes remaining on the clock. That was a little rage-inducing.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2016, 03:43:17 AM »
I've been finally learning how to reliably do curveballs the last couple of days. It took, embarrassingly enough, a guy who just staeted playing last week to show me how to do them, but now that I can they seem a lot more reliable than just aiming. And I seem to get way more Excellent catches with curveballs than I ever did with straight shots.

Meanwhile, I'm going on like day ten or something ridiculous like that of being at 99 Gastly Candy. Gastly are usually pretty common, come on!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #520 on: August 31, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »
Why does Twister Gyarados exist? That was a 91% IV Magikarp.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2016, 01:38:55 AM »

Guys I found it. I found the world's tiniest Ratatta.

Drake

« Reply #522 on: September 05, 2016, 03:12:12 AM »
working hard on that youngster joey achievement

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #523 on: September 05, 2016, 04:00:14 AM »
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/buddy/
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/update-082916/

New (kinda meh) feature in the works!

This coming feature adds "buddy Pokemon", which is a single Pokemon that you select as your favorite, giving you (as of yet) unknown bonuses in game! Well, one is known. Walking with a Pokemon gives candy for that species, greatly shortening the time to evolve 'mons. Your buddy Pokemon will appear on your profile page for the world to see (or something), and can be changed at any time.

As a side comment, Niantic has been dishing out bans for using third-party stuffs because they claim it acts like "a DDoS attack" on their servers. Something about background app refresh. They can now unban users, so they have unbanned users banned for this reason, but will not lift the ban on bots and third-party map reading services. Oh, and spoofers.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:08:46 AM by Hikari »

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #524 on: September 05, 2016, 05:22:14 AM »
Buddy Pokemon doesn't sound meh at all, it sounds great. The game really needed this since what Pokemon you're allowed to use was previously entirely based on your region. If the thing you want doesn't spawn nearby, you can't have it. Or if you can manage to get one through an egg hatch, while traveling, or through a lucky nest spawn you were never able to use it because candy is so hard to come by. That sounds great frankly. I can finally have a nice Weezing even though they're extremely rare around here. And the fact that it can be changed at any time will make filling out the Pokedex way easier since you can just produce extra candies to evolve rare Pokemon that would normally take forever to deal with. The downside is that it kind of kills the whole "regional meta" thing, but I still think it's smart overall. I honestly expected the candy shortage problem to be solved by an IAP Pokestop plugin, so this sounds like a much friendlier alternative.

Tengukami

« Reply #525 on: September 05, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
Yeah I will most certainly be making use of the Buddymon. I have this one Gloom that I can't even power up let alone evolve, on account of a lack of candy. She's just under 1000 CP and I've been caring for her since she hatched as a 550 CP mon from an egg.

In related news, I have finally resolved the issue I had with connecting. Everything works hunky dory again. No idea why. Only thing different that happened is I ran out of credit for my mobile broadband, and switched to wireless. Then it not only started working again, but kept working even after I put credit on my mobile broadband and switched back to that.

I'm taking a utilitarian approach to the whole thing tho - asking no questions, just welcoming the result.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #526 on: September 09, 2016, 12:20:34 AM »
I suppose my phone recently dying had some benefits...I can finally play this!  Decided to go with Charmander for my starter, have also caught Bellsprout, Butterfree, Pidgey, and Weedle so far.  Never had a chance to hit a Pokestop yet, but I may later.

Enjoying my time so far, and I haven't even gotten to do a proper hunt yet.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #527 on: September 13, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »

Yaaaay.

« Reply #528 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:35 PM »
>buddy pokemon

>tfw no igglybuff still

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #529 on: September 17, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
>buddy pokemon

>tfw no igglybuff still

At you can get the bigger ones. I never played the core games, but if you were breeding, would Wigglytuffs give you Igglybuffs? At least you only need one km per candy.

Too bad, there's no online play. Most of my friends have pretty much quit already, and even when they played, they were on team blue.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #530 on: September 17, 2016, 03:49:38 PM »
At you can get the bigger ones. I never played the core games, but if you were breeding, would Wigglytuffs give you Igglybuffs?

As far as I recall all of the baby Pokemon from the second generation, Igglybuff included, will always hatch from a Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff egg. Later babies need a special item to be held by the parents though. Like a Chansey egg will hatch a Chansey unless the parent was holding a Lucky Incense, which would produce a Happiny egg instead.

Baby Pokemon are, uh, a dumb mechanic.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #531 on: October 26, 2016, 01:46:53 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2Dq6FcMjU

So it looks like we're getting an actual special event. Might not be much, but it's something. I'm curious.

And it looks like it increases Drowzee spawn rates. Oh joy. Now I can be surrounded by five of them instead of four at all times I guess...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2Dq6FcMjU

So it looks like we're getting an actual special event. Might not be much, but it's something. I'm curious.

And it looks like it increases Drowzee spawn rates. Oh joy. Now I can be surrounded by five of them instead of four at all times I guess...

I actually rarely see them. Starting get more Ghastlies and Cubones though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
They're just extremely common locally. Like EXTREMELY common. Drowzee is definitely more common than Pidgey downtown and Pidgey is pretty fucking common.

I've also see a lot more Cubones incidentally too lately, which is nice. Is that related to the event?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #534 on: November 03, 2016, 05:33:04 AM »
I'm going to miss the event, especially the 4x buddy candy. At least I got a Charizard out of it. He has Wing Attack and Flamethrower, so that's not bad.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #535 on: November 03, 2016, 02:52:43 PM »
Agreed, I got tons of value out of that. Got around 80 combined Clefairy and Jigglypuff candy and got a real nice perfect IV Wigglytuff going.

Looking forward to the next event, but I hope they shake up what the bonuses are each time more than just different boosted spawn rates. I'd like to see a stardust bonus and faster egg hatches next time or something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #536 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:52 PM »
So there's been a fairly sizable overhaul of how the game plays recently. Not sure if some of these changes were pre-existing or if they're all from the last week's update, but it's like this now:

-Pokemon spawn rates are WAY up. I would speculate probably quadrupled. Granted you'll still see tons of crappy filler Pokemon, but you can now easily afford to pick and choose what you want. You're no longer obligated to just catch every Pidgey, Spearow, or Weedle you see, you can now just focus on one of those plus whatever better stuff you come across and still be pretty much constantly engaged while walking around.

-Pokestops give WAY more items. Probably at least double, and the maximum number of items possible is much higher. I would speculate that Pokeball drop rates have been boosted as well, they seem to be well over half of total items now.

-There's now a daily reward bonus that gives bonus experience for the first Pokemon caught of the day and a ton of bonus items for the first Pokestop visited in a day. These rewards count consecutive days and apparently do something after seven days in a row, no idea what.

-Training at gyms has been overhauled to be much easier. It's now exactly the same as battling an opposing gym. You can bring a whole team and you can be KOed, but because it's now much more plausible to take down the entire gym solo the amount of experience you can give to friendly gyms is MUCH higher. This means rank-10 gyms are very common, which means they're not quite as liable to change hands repeatedly over a single day as they were before.

I know it's too little too late and most people are beyond caring, and we're still missing a bunch of essential features that were promised months ago, but it's some progress and for my money it's made the game quite a lot more fun to play. Probably not enough to reel people back in, but if we can get trading, boss battles, and maybe some new Pokemon implemented this might start to fully feel like a real game.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #537 on: November 11, 2016, 11:33:37 PM »
Is it still unplayable with root?  Cause that's why I stopped and I'm not really about to redo a root for one game - certainly not now that it's getting chilly.

« Reply #538 on: November 18, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »
I heard that Generation 2 pokemon are currently in development for Pokemon Go
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #539 on: November 18, 2016, 05:07:41 PM »
Hmm. That's ultimately good news (except that I would have hoped they would have started earlier I guess?). I was hoping they would jump right to generation seven and work backward to cash in on the Sun/Moon hype, and because I think generation two is the weakest by far so I wasn't looking forward to it particularly. Still, new content is good. And this gets me... Crobat I guess?