Author Topic: Pokemon Go: Looking Silly In Public For Pokemon  (Read 69711 times)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Re: Pokemon Go: Looking Silly In Public For Pokemon
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2016, 09:27:07 PM »
Crap. Niantic isn't taking pokestop suggestions right. Was going to see if I could get a couple put at work.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #361 on: July 22, 2016, 02:06:16 AM »
Crap. Niantic isn't taking pokestop suggestions right. Was going to see if I could get a couple put at work.

nope, it's super unlikely we're going to see them open since ingress hasn't forever either

there are

real serious problems with that since ingress wasn't even properly covered

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #362 on: July 22, 2016, 02:21:54 AM »
https://t.co/x7L49ldEZE

It has begun.

Also RIP Vegas (of Drill Chichikuri fame) since his phone isn't supported.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #363 on: July 22, 2016, 05:10:55 AM »
Did power leveling with egg and evolve. Gone from lvl 20 begin to 21,2 or so. Probably got more than 70k.

I did a rough counting and took me aprox 20s to evolve > watch animation > unfavorite > confirm to go back to overview > select the next mon > press evolve > press yes.

That is 3 per minute and 90 per egg. Though that is impossible to maintain due to w/e reason (excluding crashing). So I counted 25s avg per mon. Meaning ~72 mons can be evolved.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #364 on: July 22, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »
Wait, is the Pokedex supposed to work? Whenever I open it it just twitches and jitters and crashes my game. Do other people not have that problem?

Not having any trouble here.

I was also having network problems the other day. But being not being able to connect to my free game on the day it opened for like millions more people is no skin off my nose. What does grind my gears is stepping off my bus at around midnight last night, walking to the gym near my place - controlled at that time by my team - as two guys in a car simultaneously rolled up and proceeded to shove their Team Valor whale into the gym. Like jesus christ guys were you waiting across the street or something.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #365 on: July 22, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
Ah, trancehime. The game released last night PST. Forgot to mention.

Surprisingly, it only released in Japan; not in China or Taiwan.

And the servers are being overloaded, so it's hard to login right now.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

« Reply #366 on: July 22, 2016, 04:22:25 PM »
Got the game a week or so ago, just took my first gym today. The church I go to was taken over by Team Valor, but whoever took it only put a 136 caterpie in it, so it was easy enough to take for Team Instinct :V

Of course, it'll probably be taken back by now, since I only had a <900 fearow to put in it, but whatever.
well I haven't been here for a while

My avatar was commissioned from this fine person here!

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2016, 04:59:58 PM »
Had a go with some power leveling last night, twas glorious. Basically someone bought lure for other people and there's a concentration of pokestops nearby that line a road. Al 6 were lured for about a few hours, along with an incense and two lucky eggs, it was insane how many pokemon were popping up.

Although I got trolled by a pair of Dratini though. One disappeared in the lure horde before I could get out of catching someone else (was there only a minute) and the other was just out of my ping's reach in an industrial complex.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »
So, i am kind of interested in trying Go, but how is the stability right now?
Not so fun to play something if it crashes every 5 minutes or you can't login at all...
And speaking of crashes, can they damage the phone?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2016, 09:52:31 AM »
In my experience, stability is absolute shit. Don't see how it'll damage your phone though, just suck your battery dry.

Tengukami

« Reply #370 on: July 23, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »
In my experience, the stability is shakey at times but overall just fine. I've had connection problems a few times, namely when they open the game to another few million people.

For the sake of your battery, I highly recommend disabling the highest performing GPS settings when you're not playing the game, and be sure you're fully charged if you intend to go on an extensive walk to hatch eggs or go hunting.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #371 on: July 23, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »
Stability today is fine. Also, anyone experience screen lag with ATT? Thinking of switching back to T-Mobile.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »
Stability seems directly related to your connection to the servers. Things are 100% for me at home on wifi (which is good because that's how I do my lucky egg evolves) and maybe 80% at work near downtown Chicago where I have a decent connection. But there are certain neighborhoods without good coverage from my carrier (T-Mobile) where the app drops connection more often.

Tengukami

« Reply #373 on: July 23, 2016, 09:00:38 PM »
Yeah, that's why I don't use wireless for Pok?mon Go. My telecom of choice has a great offer for connecting via mobile frequencies, and that works like a charm for me.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »
Every gym I've seen today has been a nightmare. It's like they're hours behind the actual action or something. Constantly changing color and leader even when nobody's around, impossible to battle, just become empty periodically for no reason. It's a real mess. Managed to clip a random Pokemon into one when it was empty and claim points for it, but I got kicked out by nothing almost immediately.

Also, was downtown for a good few hours earlier and am so jealous of how easy mode this game is for people who worked downtown. There were two stops within reach of the store I was in that I just kept periodically spinning, and I caught nine Magikarp, a Haunter, and a Dratini while I was there. I mean, I understand that there are places that have no stops at all, but goddamn. I have three within four blocks of my building which is far from nothing, but it's not that.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2016, 05:27:22 PM »
Tell me if you've heard of this.

Today I came across something I've dubbed the bankrupcy glitch. Here's how it works:

-When in range of a Pokestop, you will never get any items. The stop spins normally but you get nothing and no purple message explaining what happened, only the XP.
-Pokemon will show up on the map. On your FIRST Pokeball throw on any mon you approach, the mon will break free and RUN, regardless of berries, ball type or the CP. The items you use during the fight are wasted.

This has been going on for the last SEVEN HOURS. I've tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the app. Two family members playing the game right next to me had no problems at all.

What the hell do I do?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
First I've heard of that.

I know I've spun stops before and says "try again" but registered in the journal. Haven't heard anything regarding catches.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »
As of just now, the problem is over. Thanks NianKek.

TBH this has happened to me yesterday where four mons ran on the first throw, in a row, and then I think I reset the app and it got fixed. I just got worried that it wasn't going away this time.

As for mons I've never seen, it cost me two Squirtle, a Paras, a Venonat, a Nidorino and an Electrode. Cost me some Eevee and Dratini too. Sadface.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:58:25 PM by BT »

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2016, 10:40:42 PM »
Relevant:

Reddit

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should mention that trading is a planned implement. After they fix three-step issues.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:52:57 PM by Hikari »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2016, 10:46:53 PM »
But what about the real updates?  :derp:

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »
candela's outfit is different than i expected but overall she looks cool

spark looks pretty boring in color

blanche is still a loser text is #valorlife

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #381 on: July 24, 2016, 10:55:50 PM »
But what about the real updates?  :derp:

There's a pinned link on that Reddit page to the SDCC stuffs. They talk about planned updates and whatnot.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2016, 05:39:16 AM »
I've caught some Pokemon now! FeelsGoodMan.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2016, 04:13:52 PM »
Ahahaha I live on top of 3 pokestops, literally. 2 are in the private areas of my estate. This is amazing.

Drake

« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2016, 11:26:38 PM »
pokemon go die pls

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »
Powerleveled with egg and mons. +76k. Leveled 72 mons (few poke entries). Level 23 now.

So my average of ~25s per mon was correct. Poke entries cost more time but are worth it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #386 on: July 27, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »
Ahahaha I live on top of 3 pokestops, literally. 2 are in the private areas of my estate. This is amazing.

there are about 7+ pokestops and 2 gyms in walking distance from where i live

one of the gyms is the post office

LUL

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #387 on: July 27, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »
My university is apparently having a Pokemon Go Tournament where whoever catches the three highest CP pokemon on campus get cash prizes. While this is skewed towards people with higher levels, I find it incredibly amusing that this is basically the Bug Catching Contest from G/S/C/HG/SS brought to life.

On the bright side, apparently I can volunteer for it for extra credit!!!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2016, 04:05:18 AM »
Be sure to listen to one of the best tracks in the series while hunting!

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2016, 04:58:43 AM »
Be sure to listen to one of the best tracks in the series while hunting!
Personally, I prefer this symphony-arranged version on loop. It was the top recommended for the one you linked. Old chip-generated tones hurt my head after a while, so things like this are nice.

EDIT: But it's not extended, so I have to do that myself :X