Author Topic: Drake's Projects  (Read 441614 times)

Drake

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Marine Benefit! MIDI rip update!)
« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2012, 04:10:24 AM »
I'm having a question about Reply #151, where a downloadlink for Touhouvania sound effects is.
Woah thank you for mentioning that, I thought I removed them all. Sorry if you weren't expecting it, but Frontier Aja has explicitly prohibited the distribution of their game's contents as of forever ago, so what I had previously uploaded has to be removed.

Basically though it seems the files were corrupted somehow anyways. Really sorry I can't help you, but thank you for bringing it to my attention anyways.

Goomba: Anything in particular you're looking for? The things still un-re-uploaded are either the fighters' data or GSTs, which tbh take quite a while with my shiternets.
Overall I need to start reorganizing my files and check for broken things though, now that I'm thinking of it. Argh.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:13:25 AM by Drakums »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Is there a tool that allows you to change the timers of spellcards?
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Drake

« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:04 AM »
CheatEngine will do that well enough, but you'll have to find the addresses manually. In the next update (eventually) I'll be uploading more comprehensive cheat tables that will probably have them.

« Reply #483 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
Hey does any one know how the Touhou tool kit works? I'm trying to do something like this... (Warning! Ponies Ahead!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03IP2LcC6ms
I'm just changing it to different characters other than ponies.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #484 on: March 12, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
I'd like a rip of Super Marisa World's music, the only rip on YouTube is gone.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Trying to Extract Hopeless Masquerade Images...
« Reply #485 on: March 25, 2013, 02:13:57 AM »
So I'm trying to extract the images in th135.pak for personal and public use. Thing is, I absolutely CANNOT extract the archive, even with programs that claim to be compatible with .pak files. I understand that normal Touhou .dat files aren't very compatible either, but this is ridiculous! Absolutely nothing works! How did you guys manage to rip those Reimu sprites? I want to try and follow suit.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Trying to Extract Hopeless Masquerade Images...
« Reply #486 on: March 25, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
I am going to merge this with Drake's Projects in the child section of RikaNitori

« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2013, 04:38:39 AM »
Please, reupload the links to Megaupload in start post to the another site, because Megaupload no longer works.
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #488 on: May 27, 2013, 02:02:50 AM »
Hey Drake. Are you going to obtain image rips from Double Dealing Character's Demo?

Also, this is most obviously the wrong place to ask, but is it possible to hack the demo and patch it so that the 3D backgrounds don't lag the game to 30 FPS or lower?

Drake

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Double Dealing Character)
« Reply #489 on: May 27, 2013, 04:27:33 AM »
All updates and fixes are uh still in the works i.e. I haven't been working on it sorry. Fixing and reuploading basically everything is a project in and of itself.

LadyScarlet: File extension is arbitrary, they can name it whatever they want. The .pak file extension doesn't have a standard, so naturally tools that work on "pak" files won't necessarily work with this particular one. I'm not even sure if Tasofro is consistent with their compression across their own games.

Sparen: No. I get huge FPS drops too, but I still am not comfortable with the std files, especially seeing as the one modification made for SA Boss Rush was basically rummaging around blind and took me forever.

Fortunately enough DDC's files are more or less able to be used with the usual tools. There are many things missing or broken though, so these rips are incomplete. But here you go anyways:

Double Dealing Character Image Rips: http://www.mediafire.com/?ph7rhj1a1cc1j74
Double Dealing Character DAT Extraction: http://www.mediafire.com/?jxwy8vzto74xyda

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #490 on: May 27, 2013, 05:21:56 AM »
I've heard lots of bad things about HM's encoding, so I'm wary of asking, but I guess it's worth a shot. Will you have image rips for HM? I'm mostly interested in portraits for the fanart reference value.

Drake

« Reply #491 on: May 27, 2013, 08:14:51 AM »
I still don't have HM, so I can't say. If people are saying it's tough to crack I don't think I'd get anywhere either.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #492 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
I still don't have HM, so I can't say. If people are saying it's tough to crack I don't think I'd get anywhere either.
I have HM and I might be able to crack it, even though I've never done this before. If you know how to you can PM me with the instructions if you want, or I can leave it to someone else.

Drake

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: DDC fixed rips, music, etc)
« Reply #493 on: June 02, 2013, 11:35:05 PM »
Fixed the rips, adding music rips. I "updated" the sound effects but all he's done is add se_wolf.wav so yeah what a significant update.

Double Dealing Character (Trial) Image Rips: http://www.mediafire.com/?wsv7t785ulmptwm
Double Dealing Character (Trial) DAT Extraction: http://www.mediafire.com/?4d1w53jbb1uglm7
Double Dealing Character (Trial) GST: http://www.mediafire.com/?byifrp1iz2wqaqn
Updated ZUN SE: http://www.mediafire.com/?dy25mwlxh6889dm

Also I've added the Boss Rush patches to the front.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #494 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »
The GST is missing Track 6, the stage 3 theme.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Drake

« Reply #495 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »
Oops. It was because I was extracting directly with the japanese title names and didn't bother with running under locale, because foobar will fix them anyways. Track 6 contains an illegal character when it turns into mojibake and so the file didn't get written. Track 1 also was missing the last character in its title. Fixed. Link is the same.

« Reply #496 on: June 06, 2013, 10:18:05 PM »
I just found out that you could extract all the touhou songs from the games using Audacity. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for Touhou 1-5 and I think Touhou 13.5. It's strange, I can't find out where Touhou 13.5 keeps all of it's songs.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #497 on: June 06, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
I just found out that you could extract all the touhou songs from the games using Audacity. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for Touhou 1-5 and I think Touhou 13.5. It's strange, I can't find out where Touhou 13.5 keeps all of it's songs.

It has two .pak files. The smaller one (b) has the songs in it, I think. Also, how do you extract the files?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:28:46 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #498 on: June 06, 2013, 11:16:53 PM »
Oh wow, you CAN get the music from the dats with Audacity! They open as one giant song. The PC-98 games obviously won't work since their songs aren't in a typical audio format, instead they are in a format similar to MIDI.

It has two .pak files. The smaller one (b) has the songs in it, I think. Also, how do you extract the files?
Click File -> Import -> Raw Data..., select your dat file and leave the settings in the next window where they are, then wait a bit. Eventually it will open them as one giant song.

And yeah, I can't find HM's songs either. Neither .pak file works. (it's just high pitched feedback and static)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #499 on: June 07, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »
And yeah, I can't find HM's songs either. Neither .pak file works. (it's just high pitched feedback and static)

I get the feeling it is actually in the "th135.pak" file because it is extremely big. I bet the songs are compressed in some odd format that makes it sound terrible unless you somehow extract it.

Another odd thing is that I somehow have only one .pak file. It seems the rest of you have multiple .pak files.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:36:13 AM by Mr. Hlaaluington »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #500 on: June 07, 2013, 05:48:52 AM »
I get the feeling it is actually in the "th135.pak" file because it is extremely big. I bet the songs are compressed in some odd format that makes it sound terrible unless you somehow extract it.

Another odd thing is that I somehow have only one .pak file. It seems the rest of you have multiple .pak files.
I had the same guess of that they are compressed, only thing that makes sense. Or Audacity is having trouble with that pak file compression algorithm.

As for the multiple pak files, are you using a trial version or the full version? The trials have only one pak, while the full has two, after patching it I think.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #501 on: June 07, 2013, 06:53:27 AM »
I had the same guess of that they are compressed, only thing that makes sense. Or Audacity is having trouble with that pak file compression algorithm.

As for the multiple pak files, are you using a trial version or the full version? The trials have only one pak, while the full has two, after patching it I think.

I'm using the full version.

« Reply #502 on: June 11, 2013, 11:23:41 PM »
According to foo_thbgm, a Touhou decoder for Foobar2000, Tasofro has been using esoteric XOR-Mersenne-Twister-based encryption for their data files so far, and it has been said that the TFPK format used in HM is not much different from the previous formats, so it's not surprising that Audacity can't decode it. Unfortunately, the aforementioned GitHub project has the TFPK unpacking algorithm "censored" out (by having the relevant inline-included file excluded from the code repository), and the person maintaining the project has not responded to my E-mail asking about the missing file. The resources themselves are in the OGG/Vorbis, Bitmap and DirectDraw-surface formats, according to some old extraction of the first HM trial I can't seem to be able to find right now.

My theory about the two different .pak files is simply that the "b" file includes overrides for Koishi's previously crashing moves (among other things that were fixed), to avoid the need of either replacing the th135.pak file itself, resulting in a massive patch size, or having to byte-patch the th135.pak file, resulting in worse version skip compatiblity for subsequent patches.

If anyone knows more about the algorithm (particularly those people with links to the Chinese community that figured out the formats), I would really appreciate some information on how the TFPK format works. As I said elsewhere on this forum, I'd love to be able to listen to HM's music outside of the game or its musicroom.

K+ ~ Bake-Danuki

« Reply #503 on: June 22, 2013, 12:35:56 AM »
 :ohdear: Might as well keep this alive...
Drake, have you ripped the PC-98 Sprites?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #504 on: July 19, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
How are DDC's fixed rips created (compared to the earlier "broken" rips)?

I've seen this thread, but it doesn't seem to explain anything, except that certain patcher group have extracted all the files.
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=14871.0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:01:01 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Drake

« Reply #505 on: July 20, 2013, 12:54:17 AM »
They were also ripped on-the-fly using thcrap. I'm not sure how they go about doing things, either; you'd have to take it up with those folks.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2013, 12:38:36 AM »
Do the soundtracks include MIDI files for games that had them?

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #507 on: August 02, 2013, 06:51:31 AM »
I have a bit of problem here. I've broken the high score in practice stage and yet the high score doesn't change at all after I downloaded and used the retexture pack. Help? :(
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Drake

« Reply #508 on: August 02, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
Do the soundtracks include MIDI files for games that had them?
No, but there's the the incredibly small MIDI pack at the bottom of Audio.

I have a bit of problem here. I've broken the high score in practice stage and yet the high score doesn't change at all after I downloaded and used the retexture pack. Help? :(
Scores, spell card history, Extra unlock, etc are all saved in the score.dat file. The retexture patch, or really any other game patch, will not affect this file, and for good reason. Your main option is to rename the score.dat file or delete it to wipe all of your scores and start fresh, if it's that important.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #509 on: August 02, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
Scores, spell card history, Extra unlock, etc are all saved in the score.dat file. The retexture patch, or really any other game patch, will not affect this file, and for good reason. Your main option is to rename the score.dat file or delete it to wipe all of your scores and start fresh, if it's that important.
My mistake, after I tested again apparently the problem lies in the practice mode replay patch which is not listed in this thread.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music