Author Topic: Drake's Projects  (Read 441371 times)

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Vsync Patch, HacknSlash GST)
« Reply #450 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »
O mi god where can I get this?
EDIT: Where can I get the sprites for Touhou Pocket Wars?

I do not distribute.
Because, perhaps I will be punished:o

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
So how exactly do you extract data from Marine Benefit? And is it possible to repack the data?
Because... as I will hopefully be finishing the translations soon, we should be looking into the possibility of an English patch.

RemiShama

• Imperial Scarlet Devil.
    • Scarlet Devil Mansion | Touhou italian forum
« Reply #452 on: August 28, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
Thank you very much for all materials. *-*
Visit my Touhou Italian Forum, nya.

« Reply #453 on: August 30, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »
So how exactly do you extract data from Marine Benefit? And is it possible to repack the data?
Because... as I will hopefully be finishing the translations soon, we should be looking into the possibility of an English patch.
.dxa, right?

Hey everyone, I found a way to open .dxa files: http://www.mediafire.com/?hkbjrb5rjk2tbou

There is a dxadecode and dxaencode, but if you re-encode the decoded files to a .dxa again, it doesn't work properly but it will work fine if it's in a folder.
For example, say you have IMG.dxa, extract everything from it, stick it in a folder named IMG and move the original IMG.dxa.
Idk if this still applies, but you can try if you want to!

Also, the only thing worth translating in the dat.dxa is the "TitleX.png" files in the img/board directory.
Meaning the messages are probably in the .exe itself.

Good luck~!

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #454 on: August 31, 2012, 04:11:05 AM »
Hey Drake, for the record one of the UFO image dump Mediafire links in the OP seems to be dead/deleted.

Drake

« Reply #455 on: September 01, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »
Ha, I had found the DX Library just a day before you posted (this time). Thank you anyways.

Thank you guy-whose-previous-name-I-can't-remember for pointing out th12.zip being broken.

I also noticed that th13e image rip was mislinked. It's probably been like that since I put it up there, whoooops.

Marine Benefit Image Rips: http://www.mediafire.com/?ulm6i9d6glllf35
Marine Benefit GST: http://www.mediafire.com/?4q6mn6353oj1g9l
Marine Benefit SE: http://www.mediafire.com/?y91666b4cj0xjxb

As far as a translation goes, the dialogue is indeed not in the dat files, and a quick try to find a unicode string in the exe yielded no results, but a Shift_JIS check did. I immediately found the shot type descriptions and dialogue, so I assume all the text in the game is stuffed in there. Unfortunately you're going to have to deal with Shift_JIS.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:35:44 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

MTSranger

• =.=
Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Marine Benefit!)
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »
.dxa, right?
Idk if this still applies, but you can try if you want to!

Also, the only thing worth translating in the dat.dxa is the "TitleX.png" files in the img/board directory.
Meaning the messages are probably in the .exe itself.

Good luck~!
Thanks for the info. Will probably try that.

As far as a translation goes, the dialogue is indeed not in the dat files, and a quick try to find a unicode string in the exe yielded no results, but a Shift_JIS check did. I immediately found the shot type descriptions and dialogue, so I assume all the text in the game is stuffed in there. Unfortunately you're going to have to deal with Shift_JIS.
Thanks!
To think that I played through the game 6 times and transcribed everything by hand... :derp:

Of course, if there were a way to automatically load everything from the wiki and search and replace that'd be perfect...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:00:56 AM by Kanon »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »
The second I noticed you put up the MB image rips, I did some things.

Thanks dudebro, I've been waiting to fix it so bad.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:42:01 PM by Soichirou W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #458 on: September 12, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Drake

« Reply #459 on: September 12, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »
top english on bottom?

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #460 on: September 23, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »
wait what somebody is translating marine benefit that's awesome
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #461 on: September 23, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
wait what somebody is translating marine benefit that's awesome
^ This.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »
ALSO how do I exactly use Vsync? I try to but it often doesn't work for me but when Ifinallyinstall it correctly the only thing I can do is change the FPS to 90. What do?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »
Again, please do not double-post. Just edit your last post to add new stuff.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »
Again, please do not double-post. Just edit your last post to add new stuff.
I would, sorry. But if I did edit my previous post then it won't show up in your replies thingy... then I would have to wait longer for the help...  :derp:
Actually that sounds like a good thing: if you edit your post it will show up as reply... it will stop me from double posting for sure.

Drake

« Reply #465 on: October 05, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
There are sort of instructions in the readme. If you've followed the instructions and can launch the game with vpatch, then you're already done.
VsyncPatch

With every newly installed patch, always make a backup copy of your score.dat files in case something weird ever happens.
This is just a general rule. While I don't think this progam has ever caused any data (scores, history, etc) to corrupt or reset,
It's always a good idea to keep a backup in case it does happen by other means.

Modify the [Window] parameters to suit your liking. You can run it windowed, and if so you can control the window width/height
as well as the position it appears on your screen and such. Pretty self-explanatory.

There are patches for some games in both revision 4 and 7. Use the latest revision of the patch for each game.

Leave a copy of vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and the corresponding dll file in your game folder.
Do not have more than one vpatch_th**.dll file in one folder, or else a conflict might occur and the game won't launch.

Rename each individual exe file to th**.exe, where the stars are the game number, except for EoSD and Uwabami Breakers,
which must be named 東方紅魔郷.exe and alcostg.exe, respectively. Naturally this will be true by default, but if you want
to run the english-patched game then you must rename the executable from th07e to th07, and so on.
EoSD must also be launched using AppLocale or setting your system to a japanese locale.

Start the game by launching vpatch.exe.

Author: swmpLV/75E

Ammy, I personally don't really mind if people double-post in here, even if it's against the rules. It's best if I can see any new comments, and like fondue said, editing your last post doesn't notify me of a reply, which I've had issues with before. Then again, fondue's last reply was "^ This", so that doesn't exactly apply.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #466 on: October 05, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »
There are sort of instructions in the readme. If you've followed the instructions and can launch the game with vpatch, then you're already done.
Ammy, I personally don't really mind if people double-post in here, even if it's against the rules. It's best if I can see any new comments, and like fondue said, editing your last post doesn't notify me of a reply, which I've had issues with before. Then again, fondue's last reply was "^ This", so that doesn't exactly apply.
:D
Anyway I did all that but little avail. As I said the only thing that works is by changing the FPS. Maybe it doesn't work on windows 7...
Aww please work I want to TAS :< Also it doesn't corrupt my game or anything, unless if I do it wrong of course.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #467 on: October 05, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »
Where exactly is it failing? Which game? What did you do to install it? Yes, it works on Windows 7, as I use it and you can see the OS I'm on.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #468 on: October 05, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
For me the only game it worked on was Double Spoiler.
Not sure about the others though.

Drake

« Reply #469 on: October 06, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »
It has to already be working if you're modifying the game's FPS, so if you can modify the FPS already it will still work if you aren't modifying the FPS. Given default settings, the game window shouldn't have a title bar on top, which is the easiest way to confirm it's working (while windowed, of course). If it isn't working, the game just won't start at all. What is your definition of "doesn't work"?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:40:32 AM by Drake »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #470 on: October 06, 2012, 08:27:38 AM »
What is your definition of "doesn't work"?
Sorry, I meant to say that most of the other options don't work. Only FPS works but I will try it all again sometime later...
And when I run UFO windowed with the patch the game crashes.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:42:25 AM by fonduemaster »

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
« Reply #471 on: October 07, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
Are you going to add new portraits/cut-ins to the EoSD retexture pack

Drake

« Reply #472 on: October 07, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
Sorry, I meant to say that most of the other options don't work. Only FPS works but I will try it all again sometime later...
And when I run UFO windowed with the patch the game crashes.
Not even the window moving/resizing? Well that's just odd.

Are you going to add new portraits/cut-ins to the EoSD retexture pack
Emarrel made the retexture patch, not me. Even still though, the answer is no. The retexture pack was made to freshen up the graphics in EoSD to stuff you can see later on in the series; "new" portraits are not that. Besides, there aren't any new portraits of all the characters, unless you want to change the heroines to newer art, and then others to PoFV art or alphes art and leave others alone, creating a horrible mishmash of styles that wouldn't look good in EoSD even by themselves. Or there's fanart, which is the very worst option possible. You can throw in different portraits yourself if you want them lol.

Drake

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Marine Benefit! MIDI rip update!)
« Reply #473 on: October 11, 2012, 05:31:16 AM »
Thanks to an effort by BSoD and The_EP, we have an updated MIDI compilation, with sequences ripped from Story of Eastern Wonderland.

MIDI files (SoEW, EoSD to PoFV demo): http://www.mediafire.com/?zmwba7m45aps9oc
(mmm dat complete darkness)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:38:14 AM by Drake »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:16 AM »
Thanks to an effort by BSoD and The_EP, we have an updated MIDI compilation, with sequences ripped from Story of Eastern Wonderland.

MIDI files (SoEW, EoSD to PoFV demo): http://www.mediafire.com/?zmwba7m45aps9oc
(mmm dat complete darkness)
That was harder to do too than expected. I had to convert them twice in order to actually get them, using Hoot's archive of them since they ripped it out somehow. (they're the .M files) Took me a few weeks to figure out how to do that. EP was awesome to fix that one MIDI since I don't know how to do that stuff. :V

And as a note (for those of us with external MIDI devices or interested in them) the SoEW MIDIs were made for the Roland SC-88, while the Windows ones were made for the SC-88Pro, for proper playback. (good thing the 8820 I have can use both modes)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Chuckolator

« Reply #475 on: October 18, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
Any progress on a Marine Benefit translation?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

Drake

« Reply #476 on: October 19, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »
I'm not the one doing work on it, you'd have to ask Kanon.

Chuckolator

« Reply #477 on: October 19, 2012, 03:22:19 AM »
I see, thanks. Not sure why I ended up here. <_<

« Reply #478 on: November 12, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
Hello everyone. ^^
I'm having a question about Reply #151, where a downloadlink for Touhouvania sound effects is.
Download works fine and everything, but as soon I try to open the .wav datas which are inside, my Windows Media Player says that it couldnt open the files....
Then I tried to open them with Audacity, and it says that it couldnt open them either, but that I should import them as raw data...
So I did that too, but then after importing them, those were no Touhouvania files but just some weird noises and that... *sigh* so can anyone please tell me whether I must do something special with those .wav files first?..
Because I really need soundeffects from ... uhm... Remi xD, for an own little private project I'm working on ^^. But except on this site, I found nowhere else what I was looking for.
I guess I might find something on japanese sites, but since I can't read or type japanese... :'(

Help will be much appreciated! ^-^

<Jana> Edited out the DL link.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:21:28 AM by Jana »

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2012, 01:32:40 AM »
There's a lot of stuff here that's on Megaupload.