Author Topic: Drake's Projects  (Read 447711 times)

Drake

I could post the data, but this isn't really a thread for the games themselves, even if it's all text files anyways. I'll have the data up in a bit, though.

Subterranean Animism Phantasm data: http://www.mediafire.com/?gxkjy2ym4ew

Touhou Rekkaden data: http://www.mediafire.com/?wdzdb2gobzm (incomplete, I'm sure)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 03:16:42 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
regarding one of the SA patches
...SA - Yama Smackdown (~kyan): [...
...It patched my copy of SA into English.

Yes, that's one of the things it does. Have you been overwriting your .dat files without saving backups?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Odd request... but could someone upload the MoF Phantasm .dat for me?

Drake

There is no dat file. The released version was a standalone because of ZUN laws.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
hmmm, anyway that I could uh... piece it back together (for myself to use)?  Would there be a problem with that?

Drake

I honestly have no idea. I don't see how there would be a problem with recompiling it if you can manage it, but no dice here.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Yes, that's one of the things it does. Have you been overwriting your .dat files without saving backups?
I always save backups when I want to patch things onto my copies of Touhou games. wwww

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I would love the find out really.  Too bad I can't get the readme file to come up right.

If I could, I might be able to make sense of it.

The file that I got, it's basically yours Drake, but it has a bunch of readme files that doesn't come up right, and a th_ph.exe that is running in 16-bit colors and always crashes at mid-boss Aya (even with applocale).

The music is also wrong too in that gimped th_ph.exe.  It is NOT one of the three .mp3 files in the music folder either.  Stage, Awakened Wolf's Instinct, and Wind God Girl, which is all in the level.

This is fairly recent too isn't it?  The nico video from the creator is just from a month ago.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:05:45 AM by c l e a r »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Hey, Drake... Can you minorly modify UFO and IN English to remove the hitbox display when focused?  I actually have come to dislike having it around, thanks to Stuffman's patches to remove em for PCB/MoF/SA - he couldn't do it for IN though due to odd data repacking or sum'n.  Also that was before UFO.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
Could you modify UFO to make the UFOs not be green and red?  Like maybe red and yellow or something?  I'm sick of playing "guess which color this UFO is" and losing 12 bombs because of it.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I believe there is a color blind patch already...

I have a better idea, how about a patch to not lose a shit load of power for practice purposes?  I am tired of getting to Demon's Recitation or Demon of Purification with 1.00 Power left just because I took a few risks, meaning I can't even practice right even if I wanted to.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
i don't think Drake has found out how to edit UFO yet, iirc.

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
I believe there is a color blind patch already...

I have a better idea, how about a patch to not lose a shit load of power for practice purposes?  I am tired of getting to Demon's Recitation or Demon of Purification with 1.00 Power left just because I took a few risks, meaning I can't even practice right even if I wanted to.

There are cheat tables available in the post.  Use them to lock your power at 4.

Drake

Yeah, the cheat tables are there pretty much only for practicing purposes. It's not like I want anyone to beat the games unfairly, but giving them tools to practice is always nice.

Yeah I still can't figure out UFO's file list so :/
But are you colorblind? I thought that ZUN fixed that issue in 1.00b.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Cheat Tables?  How do you use it?

Anyways, does anyone have any idea on how to open Japanese readme files, so I can actually figure out I need, and what I need to do to put it together.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:25:38 AM by c l e a r »

Drake

Go download CheatEngine. Click the top-left button and open a Touhou game process. Click the button beside it and load the associated table. At the bottom set the values you want and freeze them.

Just open the text file in Firefox or some other browser with encoding support.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Ok, now, from what I can gather from it...

This is a distribution edition.  It is just a copy for us to play due to ZUN laws.

However, I am EXTREMELY baffled by- one, the wrong stage music, and two, crashing at mid-boss Aya.

My theory is... that Aya's cut-in is not in the img files, when it is suppose to load it.  wtf.

EDIT: Cheat Engine works!  Thanks Drake, although the system is extremely gimpy.  You can't set it at 4.00 and make it stay that way.  The game still sees that as a death, puts your back to 3 power (and so on...), while the power bar still says 4.00.

To do an easy fix, simply set the value to 3.99.  Just grab the Power item every time you die, and tadda!  Full Power.

If you bomb however... it will "fix" itself to 3.99 again.  Oh well, I'm doing this to practice anyways, so why bomb?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:33:38 AM by c l e a r »

Lybydose

• ESC -> Retry
Yeah I still can't figure out UFO's file list so :/
But are you colorblind? I thought that ZUN fixed that issue in 1.00b.

All he did was make the red UFOs darker.  I still interpret the green UFOs as being red ones.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
so like I said... use the color blind patch.  It will work with 1.00b.

At least give the link to the poor guy.

Colorblindness patch.

KomeijiKoishi

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Marine Benefit data, Perfect Black Cherry Square!)
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
Drake, I need your help.

Just for fun, I decided to exchange the tracks in EoSD. That part worked fine.

BUT the loop points seem to be fixed, so that it jumps in the middle of the tracks rather awkwardly.

And, of course, I have no idea how to change the loop points.

Because uploading all tracks would be too long, I just give you the titles:

Menu: 夢と現の境界 (Changeability of Strange Dream)
Stage 1: Ancient Temple of Hades (Ghostly Field Club)
Stage 1 Boss: Red and White (Dolls of Pseudo Paradise)
Stage 2: Neo Super Express (Retrospective 53 minutes)
Stage 2 Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPF6IXAE_1k
Stage 3: Greenwich in the Sky (Magical Astronomy)
Stage 3 Boss: 明治十七年の上海アリス (Dolls of Pseudo Paradise)
Stage 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DRcJtPptds
Stage 4 Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W34ZlL0stx8
Stage 5: エニグマティクドール (Dolls in Pseudo Paradise)
Stage 5: Phantom Factory (Changeability of Strange Dream)
Stage 6: 永远の巫女 (Dolls in Pseudo Paradise)
Stage 6 Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7Xe-nQehA
Extra Stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAOOuNwKuGE
Extra Stage Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpoJAo1az0w
Ending: 向こう側の月 (Magical Astronomy)
Credits: 大空魔術 ~ Magical Astronomy (Magical Astronomy)

I know that this is a very stupid request, but it's not like I have to pay you to ask you this...

Drake

Re: Drake's Projects (Latest: Marine Benefit data, Perfect Black Cherry Square!)
« Reply #262 on: November 01, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
Sorry, I have no idea how to change the track loop points. They're probably in the pos files, but I have no way to get into them.

« Reply #263 on: November 06, 2009, 08:28:50 PM »
I figure before I go through the youtube route, I'd ask here.  You have the GSTs of all the Windows games.  Is there any way a person can get the audio tracks from the PC98 games?  That would be awesome.  I love chip-tune style music.

Drake

« Reply #264 on: November 06, 2009, 10:59:25 PM »
It would be easier if someone had the actual games on disc (also given that there's a way to convert the files), but everyone just uses roms and as far as I know PC98 emulators can't take music out from hdi files. As such it'd probably be fine if somebody just recorded from the music room. The quality isn't all that great to begin with.

« Reply #265 on: November 07, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »
Hm.  Assuming the emulators playback at the highest quality available for the system, how would recording it from the music room be any sort of reduction of audio quality?  Unless I am missing something...

Ah well, thanks for the info.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »
There is a rip of the PC-98 game music available somewhere.

Forget where though; but it is out there.

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »
Is the IaMP image rip corrupted for anyone else?

Drake

« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2009, 11:54:19 PM »
...Nope.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »
I went through your EoSD-Image-Rip today and noticed something.

These are the sprites of stage 1.
Those on the left side on the bottom. Are those ever used in the game? I at first thought it would be mid-boss Rumia but I checked in the game and I'm not seeing them used anywere.

(They sure do look like the usual fan depiction of Rumia with her red amulet-halo.)
< picture leads to my YouTube channel