Author Topic: Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project  (Read 72467 times)

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
Re: Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2017, 03:59:57 PM »
It sounds like a really possible culprit. I'll check if I still have some old replay (I think I still have one for lunatic run by Jaimers) so you could test it.

Nah the desync happened with OBS. The game started to lose frame rate then crashed with afterburner so things desync there is expected.

OBS had no frame loss. I'll still do more runs of it later raw and trying your file if you put it up

This Space For Rent

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2017, 04:13:34 PM »
OBS had no frame loss. I'll still do more runs of it later raw and trying your file if you put it up

Try this (ignore this one, it was recorded on older version of game so it's 100% desynced if run on latest version) and this. I recall them working fine for me on both original and translated though I'll recheck them myself as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:55:18 PM by Necrotek »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2017, 06:47:52 PM »
My first ex clear replay desynced but nothing else did. Not sure what caused it to happen.

I don't use English patch btw.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
Re-ran my replay files. The one I was trying to record desynched no matter what (goes dead input for about 10 seconds after the desynch starts) but I loaded up another file and it was fine. Although that one was recorded without the patch.
This Space For Rent

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 04:31:09 AM »
It seems the game isn't that good with replays like I thought/remembered. As Satori said, he had issues with replays on original version, and some of your replays actually work. As far my guess/understanding of how replays work, the patch is highly unlikely could cause issues during recording but no issues during playing a replay. If a replay would work in one version but not in another, that would be a clear evidence of a bug with translation, otherwise it's very likely the problem is somewhere else :(
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 05:20:13 AM »
It seems the game isn't that good with replays like I thought/remembered. As Satori said, he had issues with replays on original version, and some of your replays actually work. As far my guess/understanding of how replays work, the patch is highly unlikely could cause issues during recording but no issues during playing a replay. If a replay would work in one version but not in another, that would be a clear evidence of a bug with translation, otherwise it's very likely the problem is somewhere else :(

Guess I'll have to live record?
Which kinda sucks as I often gotta pause

Either that our pray it doesn't eat the replay. Still I'll test the name entry again to see if that bug shows up again
This Space For Rent

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2017, 06:01:45 AM »
I'll try to do some test runs myself around weekend but not sure about results because I'm a terrible player so can't test high difficulties much (where desyncs would be the most noticable).

And yeah, let me know about name input if it happens again. There was a small hack I did for that screen so it's a possibility that it doesn't work as good I thought.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2017, 07:00:10 AM »
My hard 1cc replay works 100% okay.

My friend's lunatic 1cc replay, however, desyncs on the final phase of the final spell, both on original and English patch.

I'll be doing a lunatic 1cc later on this week and will report back to you the results. So far, all I've done are stage practice and spell practice on lunatic. All of the ones I've saved (and also uploaded to YouTube) work fine.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:02:18 AM by Satori Komeijist »

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2017, 07:40:09 AM »
Thanks a lot for testing! I'd really wish to fix it if it's really caused by the patch in some way, and for that I need some evidence.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2017, 07:51:07 AM »
Thanks a lot for testing! I'd really wish to fix it if it's really caused by the patch in some way, and for that I need some evidence.

Yea the bug with replay naming is there.
Trying to move from " to End results in 0 being selected
Trying to move from % to End results in " being selected
Trying to move from 0 to End results in " being selected
Trying to move from P to End results in " being selected

Rushing to suicides actually lead to discovering opening Lily white has no hurtbox and shots will not spawn in her.  (lol)
This Space For Rent

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »
Yep, I can confirm desyncs are not caused by the patch. The game just has a chance to do it on the first couple of replays you save for whatever reason. At least, that's my theory.

My lunatic 1cc had no desync (original). My friend's 2nd lunatic 1cc also had no desync, and neither did his recent extra (English patch).

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2017, 04:41:14 AM »
Yea the bug with replay naming is there.

Just tested it and you were right, the bug with naming is there. Really really strange how I managed to mess it, it was supposed to be other way around... Anyway, I'll fix it and post in this thread when it's ready.

Yep, I can confirm desyncs are not caused by the patch. The game just has a chance to do it on the first couple of replays you save for whatever reason. At least, that's my theory.

My lunatic 1cc had no desync (original). My friend's 2nd lunatic 1cc also had no desync, and neither did his recent extra (English patch).

Thank you a lot! At last I got this off my chest, that would be really difficult to track down that kind of problem if it was caused by the patch. In that case, I'll just need to fix the replay naming bug which Zelinko spotted.

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2017, 06:44:49 AM »
Ok, found the problem. The issue was that I once had reported to devs a bug related to replay naming which was crashing the game and for time being I fixed that myself, and some time later devs fixed it as well but I forgot to remove my fix from the patch which resulted in a conflict.

I attached a fix. Zelinko, could you test it? If it works fine, I'll include it in full patch and update it.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
Ok, found the problem. The issue was that I once had reported to devs a bug related to replay naming which was crashing the game and for time being I fixed that myself, and some time later devs fixed it as well but I forgot to remove my fix from the patch which resulted in a conflict.

I attached a fix. Zelinko, could you test it? If it works fine, I'll include it in full patch and update it.
Works fine! Was able to approach it properly from all directions
This Space For Rent

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »
Works fine! Was able to approach it properly from all directions

Thank you :) I uploaded new version of English patch which includes this fix.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2017, 02:57:56 PM »
I'll feed it a bunch more replays to see if I get any desynchs.

Also has anyone gone English Patch > Japanese Version to see if there is any additional desynchs spawned from that?
This Space For Rent

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2017, 05:53:02 AM »
spell card comment tl's are done btw

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2017, 08:19:08 PM »
spell card comment tl's are done btw

Yes, I know :) I actually asked Gilde some time before to translate them (thanks a lot to him!) and I planned to release 1.00 at last, but a bit later I got quite serious sickness since April and still dealing with it T_T If everything goes fine, I should be able to resume/finalize it sometime in September.