Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2  (Read 71182 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2
« on: July 03, 2016, 10:07:11 PM »
>You are Maribel Hearn.

>You are a 19 years old university student majoring in psychology living in Kyoto, Japan. For a significant portion of your life you've caught glimpses of a land called Gensokyo in your dreams. Additionally, you were born with an ability to see boundaries, something that isn't normal for humans. You've kept these aspects about you secret for many years.

>Recently, these powers have been intensifying, and you've gained the ability to open and close tears in boundaries. Several days ago, you and your best friend, Renko Usami, entered Gensokyo using such a tear...

>Then things went downhill quickly. There were two shootings, and one of the victims was Reimu Hakurei, a shrine maiden you met within minutes of entering the realm. You found out, to your horror, that Renko was the assailant... You then met Yukari Yakumo, a youkai with powers similar to yours, who taught you basic danmaku, and assigned a cat youkai named Chen

>Later, after much searching, you found Renko again. You learned that she had been manipulated by an untrustworthy archangel known as Sariel. She had told Renko that her long lost sister, Sumireko was being held prisoner in Gensokyo, and that Reimu was the one keeping her imprisoned, which led to Reimu getting shot and put into critical condition. In actuality, Sariel merely wanted Reimu out of the way, so she could create a storm of pure chaos in order to draw out a real threat, another archangel by the name of Uriel. A plan that turned out entirely unnecessary, as Uriel did not respond to it.

>As you got roped into the angel's agenda, the three of you confronted Uriel head on, in the process, you found and released Sumireko. The confrontation ended with both angels heavily damaged, as Sariel sent you back to Gensokyo, where, after passing out from exhaustion, Yukari sent you home without Renko, and said you can return and stay in Gensokyo once your powers fully manifest. As she did so, she curiously dodged the question when you asked her if she could be your mother, a person you never knew that left your family soon after your birth...

>However, that's not the most upsetting thing that came from that experience. Over the course of your time in Gensokyo, you and Renko decided to turn your friendship into something more... intimate... Not only were you forced to leave the one you loved behind, but you also never got to say goodbye...

>A few days later, after spending most of your free time honing your skills, you re-entered Gensokyo by learning to create a tear without the need for a visible boundary, creating something similar to one of Yukari's gaps. You soon met YuugenMagan, who was observing Eientei. Shortly thereafter, you reunited with Renko, but the moment was short lived as Sumireko awoke, but seemed to be in some sort of trance. She broke out of Eientei, flying into the distance with a ton of random furniture.

>Before you could do anything, Yukari sent you back outside with the promise to find Sumireko. Unbeknownst to her, YuugenMagan followed you through the gap. After a brief conversation, she agreed to help find out what was wrong with Sumireko. And she helped you enter a realm known as Makai. There you obtained some money, and a fresh change of clothes. Meeting a couple of demons, Elis and Louise, as well as Shinki, the goddess of Makai, before you departed.

>After re-entering Gensokyo, you encountered three fairies, after helping them, one, named Luna, pointed you in three possible directions Sumireko might've flown. Towards a mansion, the Forest of Magic, or a sunflower field. You decided to head to the mansion. On the way there you met Rumia, and then you decided to make a tear directly to the mansion rather than walk the rest of the way.

>You are now in the mansion with YuugenMagan and Rumia, talking to a maid named Sakuya Izayoi.

>"I-If it`s no bother, i`m actually not much truth be told, i just have the potential, it would be nice to have help from a full-fledged magician."

>"Very well." Sakuya pulls out a pocketwatch, "We'll head to the library immediately, then."

>Sakuya clicks a button on the watch, and suddenly you find yourself in the middle of the largest library you've ever seen. Hundreds of bookshelves that reach almost to the ceiling lie neatly in rows across the massive room.
>At a table nearby, a purple haired woman in what appears to be pajamas is thoughtfully reading a book. Nearby, a little girl in a red dress sits on a different chair, kicking her legs back and forth and reading a book of her own. The most peculiar thing about her is what's on her back. She appears to have long wires with glowing crystals of all colors of the rainbow suspended on them. And they seem to be fluttering slightly, like wings.
>The girl looks up and suddenly tosses the book aside haphazardly and runs towards Rumia. "Rumiiiiiiaaaa!" she exclaims, before promptly glomping her.

>The purple haired woman looks up from her book slightly, before returning to it and turning the page.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 10:10:22 PM »
>Jump a bit at the sight of such a large library. Not to mention a large room in general.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
>Look at the two with a smile. "So this is your friend Rumia ? Looks like she missed you a lot."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 10:14:38 PM »
>Remember to keep a low voice. This is a library.
>Or at least, looks like one.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 10:22:50 PM »
>Jump a bit at the sight of such a large library. Not to mention a large room in general.
>You jump at the sudden transition. Just look at the size of this thing...

>Look at the two with a smile. "So this is your friend Rumia ? Looks like she missed you a lot."
>Remember to keep a low voice. This is a library.
>Or at least, looks like one.
>You speak softly.
>"Yeah, this is Flandre. She always does this." Rumia gives a light smile.
>"Well it's so boring when you're not here. I can't help but miss you!" says the crystal-winged girl.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 10:33:12 PM »
>Look around for Sakuya as we approach the pajama-clad woman.
>Is that book Flandre tossed still on the ground?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:05 PM »
>Look around for Sakuya as we approach the pajama-clad woman.
>Sakuya seems to be approaching the woman with you.

>Is that book Flandre tossed still on the ground?
>It is.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »
>Continue our approach.
>Is YgMg with us?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »
>Continue our approach.
>You continue to approach.

>Is YgMg with us?
>You glance around for YuugenMagan. She does not appear to be here.
>"If you're looking for your friend, I was unable to move her." says Sakuya, "She seems to be made out of something intangible. Don't worry, I informed her that she may wait for you in the foyer."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:59:45 PM »
>Nod.
>Address the Pajama woman. "Um, excuse me Miss?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »
>Nod.
>Address the Pajama woman. "Um, excuse me Miss?"
>"Who might you be?" she says, not even looking up from the book.
>"Sorry to disturb you, Patchouli." says Sakuya, "But this is a magician, I do believe her name is Mary, she's trying to find a friend of hers, so we were hoping you might have a spell or two you could share that may help..."
>The woman shuts the book and removes a pair of reading glasses, she studies you for a moment, "So, you're a magician? Hmph. You don't really look like one, though I do sense much potential within you... Anyway, before we continue, allow me to-" she pauses quickly and coughs into her sleeve, "-introduce myself:"
>She extends a hand out to you.
>"Patchouli Knowledge, at your service."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 11:40:15 PM »
>"T-Thank you a lot for helping."
>Shake her hand.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 11:50:22 PM »
>"T-Thank you a lot for helping."
>Shake her hand.
>"Well, I have not exactly agreed to provide assistance yet..." Patchouli says as she accepts the handshake, "Now, what spell did you have in mind in order to assist in finding your friend? Have you already tried a locator spell with a personal belonging?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »
>"I don't have any with me... That's sorta why I'm so troubled about this..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 12:02:54 AM »
>"I don't have any with me... That's sorta why I'm so troubled about this..."
>"Hmm, very well. I do know of a couple of more advanced locator spells, but they have a set radius and have a margin of error. They're not as accurate, but they should tell you if your friend is nearby... Casting them is simple, the preparation is similar to casting a normal locator spell..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:06:32 AM »
>Nod slightly.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 12:18:22 AM »
//Better just tell part of the truth.

>"I`m not much as a magician really, i haven`t even learned the basics yet, i was just told i had the potential like you said now, so hearing that a full-fledged one like you lives here would be nice for me to learn at least something."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 12:23:13 AM »
>"It's at least a chance to make things better..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 01:00:29 AM »
>Nod slightly.
//Better just tell part of the truth.

>"I`m not much as a magician really, i haven`t even learned the basics yet, i was just told i had the potential like you said now, so hearing that a full-fledged one like you lives here would be nice for me to learn at least something."
>"It's at least a chance to make things better..."
>"I see... So you aren't really a magician, but you are aspiring to become one. Understandable. Thank you for your honesty." she pauses to cough, "Anyway, you've caught me on a good day. I should be able to teach you what you need to know without-"
>"Hang on a moment, Patchouli." Sakuya interrupts, "You say you don't know the basics, yet what Rumia told me in the hall about how you got in here says otherwise... Patchouli, how difficult would a spell that creates portals or allows teleportation be?"
>"That would be quite an advanced spell. There is no way they can be performed without elementary knowledge. They are also quite dangerous... And therefore require great skill and concentration to pull off flawlessly..."
>"I see..." Sakuya crosses her arms and gives you a stern look, "Then that means one of two things: You were either lying to Patchouli... or you were lying to me..."
>_
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:02:12 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 01:04:29 AM »
>"Yea, i lied, i just got carried away by the magician stuff, it`s just something that i can do with Yuugen`s help, sorry..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 01:07:10 AM »
>"I.. I'm sorry Miss Sakuya..."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:51:04 AM by Miniking »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »
>Let's not say it quite like that. 'yeah I lied' is a pretty bad way. Although pronouncing ourselves MARY THE MAGICIAN *POSE* wasn't too smart either, since we barely know anything.
>"I need Yuugen's help to do it, admittedly..."
>Erm, we really don't need to cry either.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:23:38 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 01:14:13 AM »
>For one, they now know that we can create portals (or at least seem to be able to).
>Two, it's a possibility, but we might have just lost our chance at getting their help.
>Three, if we didn't lose that chance, they'll probably want to know more about us. In this case, we're either gonna dig ourselves a deeper lying hole, or end up revealing things we really want to avoid.
>Furthermore, whether they choose to keep asking after we reveal things or not, we'd have lost some time to finding Sumireko.

>In a nutshell, dangit we just lost some time and possibly lost the chance for help.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:17:00 AM by Miniking »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 01:22:02 AM »
We might be digging ourselves into a hole here, but saying "we lied" is one of the worst ways we could respond. If our answer can satisfy them, we can probably still get help.

We've already told them we're Maribel, so it might be okay to tell them the -whole- truth (not every detail, but, you know, our boundary powers, we're from the outside, etc). They know enough already that if they mention anything around, Yukari's gonna get wind of it, it's too late to get around -that- as it is... there's not much to lose anymore.

Losing time finding Sumireko isn't that bad, it's not going to be a lot of time lost. Most important is to not end up in a bad situation immediately.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 01:37:35 AM »
//Ahhhhhhh ! That`s why i dislike lies !

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 01:43:46 AM »
The "we're a magician" half-lie is already dealt with. What we're dealing with now isn't even a lie- they're dubious about how we teleported inside. Which is pretty understandable. And we can answer that -without- lying.

It just depends how much of the truth we're gonna tell them. They, quite honestly, already know more than enough for Yukari to know we're in Gensokyo if she hears anything about what's going on in here. So we could probably just spill the beans outright if you're okay with that. Otherwise we can try to keep it low with stuff like, "Well only if yuugenmagen is helping me..."

Honestly, the only other way TO answer is to lie way more. We teleported in. Not telling the truth means either saying we're a powerful magician due to the fact that WE DID IT so there's no other way to lie about it (we -so- are not a powerful magician, so everything about this conversation will go south immediately) or trying to blame yuugenmagan for teleporting (which, I guess is workable, but is a big fat lie and I don't think that's a good idea.)

We pretty much HAVE to own up to being at least somewhat responsible for teleporting ourselves in here.
>Don't take that line about "only if yuugenmagan is helping" until we sort this discussion out since I'm starting to think that's not the best plan of action either :V
Do you think it's okay if we just... spill some of the beans? Basically along the lines of "well, this is my natural talent, but I don't know how to do almost anything else..."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:46:16 AM by Serela »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 01:50:33 AM »
>Let's take things slowly. Just start off saying that we're sorry for lying.
>Hey, she might not pursue further... hopefully.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 01:55:13 AM »
We can apologize for saying we're a magician, but that's not what they're asking here- actually, it's fairly clear they're fine with that at this point, Sakuya thanked us for being honest about itand Patchouli is fine with helping us. At this point, they're confused/suspicious because we said we're not a good magician, but they know we teleported in here which requires being a good magician.

That's what they're asking us right now- what the deal is with that. We HAVE to actually answer it in some way or else we're just dodging the question entirely. So are we gonna spill some beans here and give the truth, or give a half-answer? I personally think a little truth is the best way but I'm not gonna strongarm it

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 02:00:17 AM »
>I propose we go with the little truth as well. Saying "It's my ability, but It's not reliable enough to find my friend on my own."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:50 AM »
>I propose we go with the little truth as well. Saying "It's my ability, but It's not reliable enough to find my friend on my own."
>Yeah that works. Do that and none of the earlier stuff.
>"I can open a path to somewhere if I can visualize it well enough, but I don't know how to do much else..."