Author Topic: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center  (Read 106403 times)

PASTEBIN: Weapon Skill Table Spark info, only contains pre-expansion skills.

tl:dr, Type 7 Skills (Elemental) are a must have.

Fluid Axe -> Flood Axe (アクス・オブ・フラッド)
Lentis Bipennis -> Lentas Bipennis (レンタス・ビペンニス), unless Lentis is correct, I don't know.

Not sure if intentional but メソサイクロン is written as Mesocyclone Axe for the Weapon and Meso-Cyclone for the Skill, just checking.

I already mentioned this but I find odd Boring Attack (ブリングアタック) and Boring Buster (ボアリングバスター), would expect ブリング≠ボアリング to be different words.

Gap Strike Rush -> Gap Strash / Sukima Strash ( VIDEO )

Strashes are DQ Skills, sadly the anime episodes were this was showcased were taken down from Youtube otherwise I could show you how Yukari's Last Word is a near identical reproduction of Avan Strash plus her gap powers.

Is not that I can't find a clip of the series, but it isn't until the later episodes (final part of his fight with Freizard フレイザード) that Dai evolves his Strash into the Beam pattern that Yukari fires.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:58:01 AM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
So something I noticed while trying to spark Last Words for the LP (just going to be a mini-update all for Last Word sparking and doppel collection after the boss fight update): Sukima Strash still uses the Japanese text when used, probably because of the situation during the final boss where using it prompts Reverse Quadruple Barrier. I looked it up and it's in the Global.srb, so that's something I'll have to fix for the next version of the patch.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
A lot of the accessories say +__%, but are flat numbers (e.g. Launch Goggles are +20 IND, not +20% IND). Meanwhile, a lot of doppel passives are %s but don't have the % on them (e.g.... well... almost all of them that aren't a normal stat bonus).
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
All those cases of percentages are as they were in the game. In the case of flat "power" boosts, that's because power is an actual legitimate hidden number used in calculations (which is why passives with "level" are percentages, because that is one, while "power" is a flat number boosted by other flat numbers).

I dunno why the original Japanese had things like the Launch Goggles say "%", when they give a flat bonus, but maybe those stats are technically some sort of percentage?

I think these sub-doppels are Fuguruma and Byouki (Ghost Cat) respectively (Gallery)

Byouki [ 猫鬼(びょうき) ] (1)
Fuguruma [ (文車 (ふぐるま) ] (2)

(1) Referenced as the name of one of the very first stories upon which the Nekomata (or a Nekomata-like being) is first described, of Chinese origins, predates japanese stories apparently. BTW her design is based/straight from BlazBlue Taokaka.

(2) This one was translated as Chariot in DoD. It's the Youkai version of a Fuguruma, a box-cart used to transport books, the Youkai is called Fuguruma Youbi/Youhi, I guess it's a  kind of Tsukumogami. I suppose there is some relation with the Oboroguruma, however the Fuguruma (Youkai) has no car. SMT has a hybrid boss using both designs.

Kaguya's Tree-Ocean of Hourai is called Hourai Forest in DoD translation, request to be brought over to DoD.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Noted on those names. I went with the Chinese names for a lot of monsters due to some of the Chinese influences in the Castle of Dreams and, of course, Mengniang (Even though the game's furigana says she's "Muu Monnyan", in the omake file it's written in English the Chinese way, Mo Mengniang; kinda like with Angra all over again where I thought she was supposed to be Angra Mainyu but the actual English is Angra Menog, so-as not to be a total copy while using a word which means a similar thing). Bunsha I just sorta went with the literal and ignored the furigana. The monster translations in DoD were done by someone else, hence why there's a lot of weird discrepancies.

I'm working on a new update now, fixing some image things, the mistake in Utsuho's passives (that one "LGT/DRK/MYS Power +10" should be Element Power), and a couple other things that've been mentioned.

Well the Fuguruma is refering to the Youkai rather than the vehicle I guess, if it exist or comes from Chinese mythlogy I guess it's ok, but I see it still written as Fuguruma Youbi (文车妖妃) in Chinese.

I also write her name as Mo Mengniang. She is
Spoiler:
Meng-Po/Meng-Po-Niang
, right ?

Enemy Babil Raider -> Babel Raider (バベルレイダー), the four of them in the Bestiary.
Sub-Doppel Donner Meister -> Tonner Meister (トゥネールマイスター), is written fine on the Bestiary as Tonner, it was Donner in DoD but Bose changed it, it's the same meaning I believe.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:08:59 AM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I don't think Mengniang is
Spoiler:
Meng-Po, the omake just refers to her as a baku who has lived an incredibly long time and migrated to Japan, and otherwise serves to prevent a flooding of dreams by regularly consuming them. I imagine her failure to do so during NoR causes the events of the expansion.

New patch:

game.tarc
img2.tarc

Sylph's Toreno Levin -> Trueno Levin. From Spanish Trueno (Thunder) and Old English Levin (Lightning)

Likely reference to Toyota almost identical cars Trueno and Levin.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
So, I'm nearly done working on porting over the patch from the Festival version of Devil of Decline to the Banquet version, I'm just doing some testing now, tomorrow I'll finish up on some rough stuff and possibly do the global.srb stuff (I might just leave it out for the initial release and do it over on the full one).

A funny thing I've learned is that for Banquet, they use that same bitmap font from Nightmare of Rebellion for larger text instead of the font they used to use. At the same time, they forgot to include the space character for it. So... I actually have to go and write back in the space code, or otherwise copy over the files from NoR to DoD because without that space code, all the item, skill, and monster names have no spaces between letters. It's stupid looking as hell, but it shouldn't be too bad to fix. To think I'm fixing a bug or oversight even the developers didn't see... :V

EDIT: Yeeep, copying over the font files from NoR fixed the problem. Well, uh... nice job, Strawberry Bose.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:43:30 AM by Validon98 »

First of all, thank you for bothering translating this. You're doing a big favor to a lot of people.  :D

Now my question is.... what version of the game are you using to translate it since last i remember this game was a mess because of the DRM stuff and wouldn't even work with the retail version just like that. I'm using the korean 2.09 ( I think it's the only version that runs on my pc without any issues ) and swapping the .tarc files doesn't work ( specifically the game.tarc ). Is there a specific build you're using or something else?  ???

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Uhhh... I'm on version 2.09, so it should work fine with other legitimate versions of 2.09. No one else has reported troubles yet, sooo... uhh...

In other news, I've nearly finished the "beta" version of the DoD Banquet patch, and I was going to upload it, but Mega right now doesn't want to work for me, so uh... yeaah, I'll have to wait. Which is a good thing, because I forgot to port back some of the NoR skill names for weapon skills, so I'mma do that first, repack, then see if I can't upload it. If not, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Quick note, the patch as of now does not have anything from the Global.srb translated, because I couldn't be bothered to do it yet (mostly because I hate trawling through string dumps). I'll probably work on it for the next version of the patch. Then after that, I'm going to have to port back some of my changes to the Festival version of the patch (because hey, some people can't get Banquet and/or would rather play Festival).

EDIT: I ended up putting them on Google Drive... right as MEGA starts working for me again. Ah well.

Note, this is the Devil of Decline ~ Banquet patch, for version 3.03 of the game. Not 2.11, and not NoR.

game.tarc
img.tarc
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:37:10 PM by Validon98 »

It works!

But I'll have patience for a bit longer until the story is translated.

I thought someone could find this useful.

PASTEBIN ( DoD Festival to Banquet changes )

That's a mostly complete list of all the documented under the hood changes, likely a few are still missing or currently undocumented; open in notepad if text is garbled.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Wait what.. isn't festival an expansion of banquet rather than vice versa? Last time I played DoD it was without festival, I'm not missing on TWO expansion translation patches am I?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
There's DoD, DoD: Festival, and then the rerelease mix DoD: Banquet. If you played it with any sort of translation patch before it's been Festival.

Also, thanks for the changelist, that's actually... really great! The only thing it doesn't have AFAIK is the stat changes on master characters (A lot of the less amazing characters have like +10~20 to all stats and 60~80 more hp) but even the JP wiki hasn't documented most of those and the ones it did are only in comments so it's hard to gather 'em. edit:Okay, it actually does talk about that, and the changes seem general enough that the little blurb is probably fine.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:12:06 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
The one thing that has scared me in the changelist (and I've known this since it was covered in the Japanese changelist on the one blog that collects a bunch of information) is how much the Three Demon Goddess fights got buffed. I am not looking forward to Zhuli. At all.

EDIT: Oh, should mention that my next plan of attack on patches is to go back to NoR and work more on images and Global.srb stuff. Taking a more general break from patching but that'll be what I do next, plus I'm going to try a different approach to story translation than I did with DoD. Since there's one story, it'd be a lot easier to try putting the text for the story on the wiki, so I'm going to do that (not easy because while most of the story text is in the usual story files, in-battle story text is in the Global.srb, and a lot of other text is spread out in some of the files, so that'll be annoying to find and work on). The plan of course is that with the text on the wiki, it'd be easier for someone who can translate it to access it and translate the story there, and then all I'd have to do is bring it back to the game and make sure it gets put in the game files. Probably not going to be the best of plans but given how spread out the text is between files and the Global.srb, it might be the only good way of making sure that works out.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:50:29 AM by Validon98 »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
oh wow, so a new expansion has been translated after all. Thanks a bunch! I wasn't even following because I didn't expect progress so soon for whatever reason, but I really appreciate the work everyone put in.

I haven't played much touhou rpgishes lately, but between this, and fushigi no gensokyou coming on the ps4 soon, imma get a nice fix.

There's DoD, DoD: Festival, and then the rerelease mix DoD: Banquet. If you played it with any sort of translation patch before it's been Festival.
I think it's also worth noting that Banquet was released after Strawberry Bose became fond of adding DRM to their games, so that version may not be too friendly to some eyepatch-wearing seafarers.
And wow, I knew that the re-released buffed recruit rates but I didn't know that it straight guarantees recruitment after x kills. (Needing 357 kills on Great Demons to finally recruit them despite the 1/64 recruit rate was painful)
It's also funny to see all the nerfed elemental weapons and buffed bosses.

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
So is this patch still being worked on?  Dug up mauve's tools and I successfully inputted text into Devil in Decline: Festival and translated the intro and first scene in the Reimu scenario.  I noticed people in here have gotten much more story done (I remember reading Reimu, Yukari, and Meiling's scenarios have been translated).  Which story files still haven't been patched (in either Festival or Banquet)?  Which ones can I work on to not be redundant?

I'm honestly surprised those old tools I whipped up over a couple weekends are still seeing use.

especially since i was dumb and wrote them in c instead of a sane language

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
So, it's been a long while since I've done work on any of the translations, been busy with college, joined up with some other groups and such on Discord and unfortunately I can't mentally juggle too many things at once so while I have been *playing* some of these games again as of late, I haven't been *translating* them, and at this point I'm thinking of passing the torch on this. I don't want to entirely give up on the project, but I'd rather not just disappear outright without giving someone what I've got going. Which, unfortunately, I can't even do right now, because all the work I've done is on another hard drive, which I left at college for spring break, so it won't even be until next week that I'd be able to do it. When that comes, though, I'm gonna put everything up, and I do mean *everything*. It's all gonna go on a Google Drive, and anyone who wants to work on them can do so. I'll try also to write up a small readme on all the tools and programs I used for everything (including mauve's because man do those need a way better readme than he wrote up lol, I still don't know how to use that general script changer and I want to if only to mess around with LoT2+ one of these days when I do feel like translating stuff).

But yeah, that's how things are going, I'm really sorry for not having said much of anything, I'd like to at least pass things along and not become The New Guy version 2, once I get access to my other hard drive again I'll make sure stuff gets up so this can get worked on by anyone interested. Speaking of, thank you MadokaMagica for what you've done, the only story files that haven't been done are the shikigami cutscenes and the expansion story stuff, the four main game stories have already been translated, I've just never gotten them inputted because I've been too lazy to fix them (a lot of them go over line break limits and some accidentally break scripting due to mismatch quotations, which in .csv files is a giant no-no). Other than that, once I'm able to get stuff uploaded, having someone look at NoR's story would be really nice (I'd also have to figure out how to get the global.srb text file stuff uploaded, that's its own mess of stuff good god why are the script files such a pain in the ass to work with).

Also yes mauve your tools still work mostly on the SB games other than for extracting .tarc files, but they work (with modifications, some of which are somewhere still in this thread) on the .srsdb and .srb stuff still so ayyyy.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
As a forewarning; the shikigami cutscenes is actually a large load of dialogue, I'm pretty sure each of the 4 routes has their own version, there's a lot of those scenes, and a decent amount of them are fairly long iirc. However, still, hearing all the non-expansion story scenes are done is great.

Thanks for what you've done, Validon! The project couldn't have gotten nearly this far without you, especially considering you're the one who put together the gameplay-grade patches for DoD and NoR in the first place (along with all the NoR translation and bugfixing!)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:30:54 PM by Serela »

feel free to poke me on discord if you like ( mauve#2174 )

and yeah the tool dump was kind of, uh, me ridding myself of a burden so they were in no way documented well at all. i'm glad people found use of them, even though they were honestly never intended for public consumption in any way. (if they were i would have written them a lot more cleanly instead of the virtually unreadable messes that they are!)

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
Ah, thank you too Validon!  This project wouldn't be where it was without you.  To be honest my Japanese is fairly limited: I can grasp the meaning of the sentence and create a coherent translation that fits the scene (especially if I'm given context), but I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate to the original (it'll make sense though and you won't notice much difference).  Still, if someone could help me that would be great!  I wanted to take on this project to improve my Japanese skills if that's OK.

By the way, if you want to contact me on Discord, I am Touhou Project#6700.  You can find me in the more popular Touhou Discords.

Oh one last thing I wanted to say for months, huge thanks Serela for helping Validon in her Genius of Sappheiros let's play.  I certainly wouldn't have beaten the game without your advice :D

P.S. If you want to see my power level, here are my current translations: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/aJlnGvSj/file.html and http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/VGWLJLi8/file.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:31:16 AM by MadokaMagica »

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
Wondering if Validon has access to his/her translation to this and could get the Google Drive up and running.  Sorry if I'm being pushy, just excited to try to tackle this and finish it up.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Poked Validon, they're super busy but have gotten the data and just need to organize it some and include instructions for actually using the tools. Prediction was hopefully this weekend.

...whoops I already did half a third playthrough of DoD in the last week! SO MUCH FOR WAITING UNTIL TRANSLATION ON THAT RUN.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Soooo yeaaaaah sorry about that, as I told Serela it's basically been hell since I got back to college, but I got around to doing it finally, again, really sorry. So, let's quickly talk about what's in the files I'm going to link here:

There'll be three folders, a DoD one (for Banquet version, not Festival version, sorry about that), an NoR one (for 2.09), and a folder containing tools. The tools have a readme included, so no worries there, hopefully it covers everything you need to know. For now I'm only including these because these are the ones with actual work done on them. I have tried to do a bit with Tag Duelist, but not too much. If I get back to the side games and do enough for a gameplay patch, I'll do what I can, but since the tools are included here, anyone who wants to get working on those can do so right away without me needing to upload stuff.

Two quick notes: I did include a lot of extracted stuff for both games, but I did not have img.pak included for NoR, because the file size for the stuff was big enough as-is, so you'll have to extract that yourself. The second note is that this does not include Eien Nei Hen's work on the story stuff for DoD, I didn't have those immediately on hand and I'll have to go back through my message history and hope they're still, well, there. I'll probably get those attached to this post or another later.

Other than that, here there be links:
DoD Files
NoR Files
Translation Tools

All .zips other than the NoR one, which is a .7z, you'll need 7zip for it. Otherwise, that's that for now, I'll try to get Eien Ni Hen's stuff up when I can, thank you for your patience, again I'm sorry for taking so long.

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
OMG!  Thank you!  :D

BTW for anyone getting DLL errors dumping the files of this folder in the game directory/folder where the translation tools are in should fix them:
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/AmXiD1XU/file.html
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:54:55 PM by MadokaMagica »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I have tried to do a bit with Tag Duelist, but not too much. If I get back to the side games and do enough for a gameplay patch, I'll do what I can, but since the tools are included here, anyone who wants to get working on those can do so right away without me needing to upload stuff.
This reminds me that, IIRC, Phantasmal Summoners was completely translated apart from the recipes appearing in a broken fashion. >.> I wonder if TheNewGuy lost that data by now...