Author Topic: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center  (Read 105523 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I've been posting a bunch of stuff about this translation project over back in my LP thread for Nightmare of Rebellion, but I figured it would be a good idea to shift any conversation, progress reports, screenshots, etc. over to Touhou Projects instead of clogging up the LP thread. So, that said, once I actually have the gameplay patch for NoR in a releasable condition, I'll be editing the next post (which I'll reserve for all the downloads, etc.) to include it, some example screenshots, etc., the same for when I move on to the other games. This includes Devil of Decline ~ Banquet (the other translation thread will stay for Devil of Decline ~ Festival), Touhou Quest, Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop, Nightmare of Rebellion, and Phantasmal Summoners 2.

With that said, here's what's up with the NoR translation right now. I'm still going through item.srsdb, which is probably the largest file of them all to work through, and currently need to just get the descriptions done (I otherwise did all the names and removed all the furigana). enchant.srsdb, which had the enchantment related information, is also done. There's a few more files I am going to touch upon before releasing a "bare basics" patch, including monster.srsdb, chr.srsdb, and cond.srsdb. Once those are done, I'll make the bare basics patch and begin work on a full-er gameplay patch. The files more or less work the same way, so while I need to edit the .srsdb files as .txt files due to how the tool I got works, the .srb files (in other words, Global.srb) and the image files can be handled the exact same way as before.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:31:44 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Downloads

Genius of Sappheiros

Patches are for version 3.00 (but should be compatible with 3.01)

Genius of Sappheiros V Stat Growth Rate Patch
Img.pak Update

Nightmare of Rebellion

All patches are for version 2.09 of Nightmare of Rebellion.

Version 0.01b
game.tarc
img2.tarc

Images 0.01c
img2.tarc

Images 0.01d
img2.tarc

Detailed Patch
Detailed Patch with Doppel Rate Up
Detailed Patch with Doppel and Drop Rate Up

List of Doppel Rates for Doppel Rate Patch

Devil of Decline ~ Banquet

All patches are for version 3.03 of Devil of Decline.

Version 0.01
game.tarc
img.tarc

Faster Element Leveling Patch (Half Requirements)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve), includes Detailed Patch (still in beta, weapon descriptions not changed, some typos in skill descriptions)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve) with no Element Level Spark requirement, includes beta Detailed Patch

Touhou Quest ~ Infinite Spellcard

(None yet)

Marisa no Kirisame Mahouten (Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop)

(None yet)

Phantasmal Summoners 2 ~ Tag Duelist

(None yet)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:28:29 PM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
sweeeeet.

So back to the discussion from earlier (BEAT THAT DEAD HORSE INTO DUST), I'm curious now; it's totally possible to confirm whether it's simply the unpacker not converting things back into a spreadsheet well. You could try unpacking a plain unedited full-jp item table, converting it to txt, converting it back without touching it, and seeing if it's broken. If it is, then WELP, that's literally it unless the unpacker magically works correctly under a different windows version (are you on 10?) or korean locale or something, which sounds highly unlikely to be something that's a real thing. If it DOESN'T break until you save it with a different program, well... maybe notepad doesn't break it even though notepad++ does???? :V:VV:VV:V:V

But no I don't actually have any reason to believe the situation will get better than it is now, just figure may as well make a few simple suggestions to see if they've been knocked out yet.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Given that even extracting the files in Korean locale leads to a broken mess, even just extracting right from the Korean patched version... I'm just going to believe it's some odd encoding error and I dunno what to do. I'm on Windows 8 but that shouldn't affect too much. The problem I believe is that somehow, symbols that require at least two bytes (kanji, symbols, etc.) are getting broken. Anything that is single-width doesn't, probably because for some reason, the game is interpreting things that are two bytes large as two things that are a single byte large. I'm no master at encoding or at messing with archive extraction, so as it stands, there's not a lot I can do at the moment to fix the problem. Makes me wonder how it was managed on the Korean end.

EDIT: Instead of continuing on the item.srsdb tonight (because holy hell that is so long and confusing I need a break from it for a bit and just work on other aspects), I went ahead and tested to see if mauve's old global.srb related tools still worked.

Works like a charm still. Your legacy lives on, mauve.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:37:35 AM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I'm not sure what's actually going in the second part of that post, but things going wonderfully right is always a good thing!

...the other issue still bothers me because the koreans clearly didn't have that problem considering they translated it to, well, korean, but, since it's a very minor problem for an -english- patch, I'll just forget about it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Oh, the second part of the post was mostly just saying that even with .tarc, the .srb files haven't changed at all in terms of how they work, so I can still edit the Global.srb and reinsert it without any issues.

I have tested a little more, and I have isolated the problem with the encoding to the conversion from .srsdb to .txt and back (the extraction and reinsertion isn't the problem). If I were to use mauve's .srsdb to .csv converter, it'd probably work, the problem is that mauve only created a tool to put the .csvs back into .pak files, not a .csv to .srsdb converter. If I had something like that, I think that'd fix the problem we've been having with that, but I don't know how to convert back the other way myself. In any case, I'm not too worried about it, the only thing it affects is not being able to use symbols.

In other news, the monster.srsdb is done now, so I'm working on the chr.srsdb file. I think for Offensive Support vs. Defensive Support, I'll go with Serela's suggestions and call the first Sabotage and the second Support (Suppress makes sense too but I think Sabotage sounds better, and it makes it a little clearer as to what that means).

EDIT: So I both ran into and solved a problem which can retroactively help with something back in Devil of Decline. So, usually % signs in databases and coding in general is used to mark formatting in strings, like where to place variables, etc., so a single % sign in a string will screw up everything and throw like a million errors. Of course, the Strawberry Bose games use double-width % signs in order to get around that, and also because, well, Japanese is basically double-width everything. Buuuut double-width characters break, so I had to figure out how to insert the single-width version without everything getting super screwed up. I thought there was no way to write them in as an escape character (which is usually something like /n or something depending)... until I found out you just type %%. So that's one thing fixed.

But along with that comes another issue, mainly "doppel type is important and you kinda need to have that written a certain way to count as a certain doppel type", sooo I'm running into another problem with that since it breaks the script and all soooo I need to figure out how to change the typings so that it'll display the proper thing at the top right.

This is what I mean (notice how Saya is counted as "Hereafter Are" even with just Kasen on). Also this is my expansion file, hence why I'm level 79 and all, no I didn't do that much in my LP file offscreen, good god getting to level 40ish at where I am is an achievement, level 79 is so damn far away. :'D

EDIT 2: ...Looking at the main doppel types in the files, they are literally described as "Soldier, Archer, Magician, Priest, Other". So my favorful names WEREN'T wrong.

EDIT 3: Fixed, just needed to change the names in the chr.srsdb to English and similarly change those same names to English that were in the Global.srb (since they were probably equated to each other and it was running into an encoding problem that made the Japanese string from the chr.srsdb not equal to those in the Global.srb). Everyone's got their proper titles and the like sorted out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:26:01 PM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Sabotage... that works too, although it sounds slightly out of place to me (but this is mostly an opinionated thing- however, the definition is closer to damaging/vandalizing something, which is a little different). If we use a different kind of word entirely though... "Impair" did just occur to me as a really good one. I've even seen it used as a term for debuffs in a couple games before. (Not that Arcana had the most amazing translation...) Although , if you've edited Sabotage into any images or something, well, it isn't -that- important.
If I were to use mauve's .srsdb to .csv converter, it'd probably work, the problem is that mauve only created a tool to put the .csvs back into .pak files, not a .csv to .srsdb converter.
Hmm. Although mauve is entirely uninterested in the fan translation scene now, I could maybe ask about that. Since it can convert srsdb to csv, it theoretically wouldn't be that hard to make it work the other way around...

Actually, wait, this isn't even necessarily an issue after all, is it?!

Because... you have the GoS/DoD tool to unpack the .pak file back into an .srsdb, right?  :getdown:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:41:38 AM by Serela »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Actually, wait, this isn't even necessarily an issue after all, is it?!

Because... you have the GoS/DoD tool to unpack the .pak file back into an .srsdb, right?  :getdown:

I can... see if it works. I'll try something really, REALLY silly and attempt to use a copy of the DoD game.pak and try to basically wildly experiment with some stuff. It's probably not going to work in the slightest, but stranger things have happened.

EDIT: Nope, nope, nooooope, doesn't work, it just combines the original file with the new file and sorta overlaps things here and there. It's... not gonna cut it.

EDIT 2: I should also mention that while this shouldn't be a big deal now, I messed around with some files for the other .tarc using games, and uh... the .srsdb converter screws some of those files up bad (as in "converts text to hexidecimal for no good reason"). By that I mean the one given to me by the Korean patch crew, mauve's works just fine on them.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:10:19 AM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Well, if the .pak unpacker unpacks them into .srsdb files, I don't see why not :D ...unless it has some weird index thing and totally garbles up unrelated files that aren't supposed to be in there? If it tries to do that you could rename it to one of the tables that IS supposed to be in the .pak, because it's not like the file normally keeps the same info/size as it's changed mid-translation. You'd just replace a proper table instead of adding a new one~

I don't see why not!

MAN THIS WOULD BE EVEN FUNNIER THAN THE TRILINGUAL CORRESPONDENCE. If it works (or even if it doesn't) I'll -have- to mention this to mauve the next time I see him. Jerryrigging gold.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:03:05 AM by Serela »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
TALKING IN EDITS IS AWKWARD VALIDON

I ALREADY POSTED A RESPONSE AND IF I JUST EDIT MY POST YOU MIGHT NEVER SEE IT

And you just edited it again. It'd be so easy to miss these, too. Well, if that's the case, it's doubly important to either find a jerryrigged solution (YOU BETCHA I'VE STILL GOT MORE IDEAS) or I'll ask mauve later if it wouldn't be much trouble to upgrade his srsdb->csv converter to work the other way around.

Two more ideas:Add a fuckton of junk space into the start of the NoR table, enough to be larger than the dod one you're starting with. (So, you'd probably use a small table for convenience.) The idea is it may only overwrite onto the junk space, which you'd delete anyway. Or you could literally just -paste the new table onto the end of the original DoD one-. Ahahahahaaaaa  :getdown:
The other is, -is- it possible to just add a completely new table into the .pak instead of replacing one? I know the korean tool says it only works if you swap out single tables at a time from an existing .pak file (or tarc, whatever) but can mauve's just totally repack a .pak from the extracted data instead of switching in- or swap in a table that isn't replacing one even though normally you wouldn't ever need to do this? Then it'd have no data to overlap the new file -with-... as far as I know, I haven't used these things. This idea is a little more assumptiony than the other. :T

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I can try the junk space idea, but the way the csv -> pak inserter works, there HAS to be a file with the same name. It basically just tries to update the information inside the file with the information from the .csv files. Yet somehow it doesn't exactly do that based off of what I've observed. I can try jerryrigging it a little more, but tonight's TTRPG night and I'm sorta multitasking as-is, so I'm going to cross that bridge when we get there. For the purposes of NoR specifically, we'll be fine, the current tools will work, but once we move onto the other games, we'll need something better.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Okay, that makes sense. Hmm, that's interesting. Junk space should cover it though; most easily just being to take the original table and copy-paste NoR's table onto the end, probably, rather than worrying about what format the junk has to be in to make it count properly. That way NoR's table would just be fused onto the end in the file merge with no fuss about having an entire mess of other data merging to make a monsterbaby with the original dod table.

But yeah, you go do you! Patches aren't made in a night.

edit:(also what do you think of Impair? Sabotage's definition isn't... quite fitting for the usage here, as it moreso means vandalism/destruction of something and is more specific of an act in general- aka it's not really an adjective type word?, even if it does sort of fit. Being significantly shorter due to i's slimness and less letters is also probably good considering how little the space in the hits list is, but I think it just fits better overall)

edit again:Oh wait... removing the NoR portion of the table after turning it back into an .srsdb file might be... problematic. >_>
Well, even as junk data in notepad, so long as the junk data saves properly, all you'd need to do is identify the point where the DoD table ends and the NoR table begins... which would be theoretically rather easy, as you can open the original DoD table up and ctrl+F for the last line or so of the DoD one in the combined file. Or well, notepad++ counts lines, so even easier. Theoretically. This just keeps getting more and more hilariously questionable. But it still sounds functional.
Maybe.
.srsdb file formatting might not keep the file functional if you just cut a chunk out in the middle, or the file may just be too garbled from the format incorrect parsed, to be able to lift a piece out intact at all. Only way to see is to find out. Maaybe I should prepare a message for mauve :V
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:43:57 AM by Serela »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I'll go with Impair instead. As for the srsdb thing... at this point, I just don't think it'll work. I can try it on a smaller database tomorrow or the day after, but if it doesn't work out, then I'm just going to leave it be for the time being. This is a problem I really don't think will be solved with some bizarre jerryrigging that somehow works out, it needs a new tool altogether, but we'll see. Still multitasking, but uh... might as well mention that progress is coming along fairly well on the chr.srsdb. Just the cond.srsdb and the rest of the item.srsdb files after this and that's that for the bare basics. I can also try to edit the images for the stat screen. They're not too complex, so I should be able to get something together.

Hi. After reading the discussion here, I decided to give another look on mauve's code, and see if I can move the srsdb code from thrpgrepackcsvs5 to another program.
And I could, here is the result: [attach=1] . I didn't try to put the created file in game, but I did 1 or 2 small tests and it seemed to work.
Usage: repack_srsdb.exe in.csv in.srb out.srb
If you want me to make an easy-to-use bat file like the ones I made for DoD, just ask and I'll do it.

Edit: Oops, it won't work, it needs 2 files from my computer. I'll fix that in a minute.
Edit 2: fixed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:21:10 AM by brliron »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I quickly tried it on the badge file for Phantasmal Summoners 2 to see if it worked (since that file in particular was having issues being converted, it had all the badge description text converted to hex).

Not only does it work like a charm, buuuuut...

The Japanese doesn't get screwed up if I convert files this way. This completely fixes the encoding errors we've been having, all I need to do basically is replace the "genmu.exe -cs [file].txt" step with "repack_srsdb.exe [file].csv [filein].srsdb [fileout].srsdb" while converting back. I'll have to start over from scratch on some stuff here and there but if it means this whole encoding issue is fixed? I think it'll just make things easier since I can now go over things in Excel rather than Notepad++. I can't thank you enough, brliron.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
That not only fixes the NoR minor issues and makes translation easier, but also opens up all the other .tarc games. Thanks a million, brliron!

(Also Validon I apologize if I'm like, irritatingly spastic! AT LEAST WE'RE NOT PLAYING MAFIA. My poor, poor fellow players.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:37:23 AM by Serela »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
The spasticness is fiiiiiine. Sometimes I'm like that too not to mention even when I am serious I still can't do well at Mafia ahahaha... I need to join a game again once I get back to college,

Otherwise, I begun the process of redoing all the files as .csvs to fix the encoding errors.

Symbols are back in business!

EDIT: Just a small progress report, but I've entirely converted all the files I've worked on already to the .csv style now, and I'm working on the item.srsdb file again. Just finished doing all the weapon skill descriptions, moving on to the rest of the skills, then going back through and finishing all the item descriptions that have a second page. Only other files I have to work on are the chr.srsdb (which I have to mostly redo), and cond.csv (which has a bunch of descriptions like in DoD, but for the most part most of the names and descriptions aren't displayed in-game, so I can get away with only translating the messages that show when they get inflicted).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:19:49 PM by Validon98 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
New progress post. I find it funny we were talking about extreme jerryrigging before, because I have now had to experience some pretty extreme jerryrigging. So, image files. I tried to edit a couple of them just to see how they get extracted and reinserted. Problem was, while the main img.tarc extracted fine, it wouldn't repack at all and kept getting stuck on the same file. So I turned to the img2.tarc, which I had extracted and repacked earlier as an experiment. Now, the way the image files are repacked is that it takes a .txt, which is a list of all the files, and then matches up the files one for one, altering memory allocation and the like if need be.

Knowing that any duplicate images between img.tarc and img2.tarc will prioritize img2.tarc (and, if it existed, img3.tarc), I decided to test what would happen if I added the files to img2.tarc by adding lines into the img2.txt that got generated pointing to the new files.

Safe to say, it worked out fine. I dunno to what extent I'm allowed to do this, but it definitely works. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Hah :V Well if it works it works~! Way to go Validon :D

Although...

Looking at that, in the previous games, hasn't Slash been SLA and Strike been STK? Not to mention STR for Strike is slightly goofy when there's STR=Strength XD Not that they're likely to get mixed up given context, but. Font looks rad, though.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Yeah, I forgot to be honest. I can go back through and just find/replace in the files I've been doing. Still a bit to go on item.srsdb (just all the second page descriptions) and chr.srsdb (need to do all the doppel passives), and then a couple more images and possibly some Global.srb editing and then we should be good. 2-3 day home stretch I'd say?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Hype hype~

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...Okay, so I got the rest of item.srsdb and the rest of chr.srsdb done way faster than I expected. I'm going to have to take a break for a bit and do some other things, but given how fast I blazed through the rest of it, I might get this done tonight, actually. We'll see? Just need to do a couple of images and the Global.srb stuff and we good.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Version 0.01 of the NoR English patch, incoming!!

*battle swoosh*

game.tarc
img2.tarc

This patch works with version 2.09 of the game only, as far as I understand. Make sure to back up your original game.tarc and img2.tarc, just in case something breaks. This translates pretty much the bare basics needed for understanding how to play the game. There's a lot here and there that isn't translated, but this should be enough to understand most of the game.

I've spent a lot of time working on this patch over the last week or so, and I'm glad to finally have pulled it off. Thanks to everyone who's been helping along the way, and here's to a full English patch one day!

I'll be taking a break from patching and get back onto LPing NoR, but I'll still be working on improving the NoR patch, porting the DoD patch to Banquet, and starting on the patches for Touhou Quest, Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop, and Phantasmal Summoners 2.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:50:31 PM by Validon98 »

wow, amazing work. Tested, so far everything  works fine, too minor things:

Ambivalance (PIC1) -> Ambivalence, a few instances of SLS remain (PIC2).

Also thanks for using Percentage Attack (割合攻撃) / Percentage Damage (割合ダメージ), DoD has a few of those written as Fixed Damage, the former is HP Based / % Based while the latter is fixed (固定ダメージ), e.g.: 1000 Needles.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER. Time to get my play on

Putting all the images in img2.tarc is actually really nice, for that matter... because that file isn't like THREE GIGABYTES BIG.

edit:...the tools wouldn't be able to unpack the sound.tarc like they do with the image.tarc, would they? >_> <_< I can't find any audio options and the thing is... dear god the choice they had for the noise when you move the selection "cursor" around is ear-grating. So high-pitched, loud, and obnoxious. It actually is almost uncomfortable when heard repeatedly :/ I'll get used to it eventually (probably...?) but, it's definitely a... not pleasant thing.

edit:Yeah I'm getting used to it, but if the tools work for it I'd still appreciate the option of swapping the sound tarc. (If they don't, then, that's that.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:29:19 AM by Serela »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
The option to change the sound is on the main menu, at the bottom.

Also, going over things myself... dear god some of the Global.srb stuff got screwed up pretty bad. I'll have to go through it all again and make sure stuff is fixed and redo the patch up.

EDIT: Whew, figured out why there's a bug with RES on the Synthesis screen. I mistyped the string address so that must have messed up the pointer to the RES value. The rest of the fixes shouldn't be too bad, and I'll get them up tomorrow before working on a new LP update.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:08:36 AM by Validon98 »

Saw those "-1". Two Skill typos, Sword "Trimuph Dragon" to Triumph Dragon, and Spear "Splashing Charge" to Splash Charge (スプラッシュチャージ).

I see some skill names don't match, will these names be carried over in the future to DoD/Banquet ?, I ask so I can update the DoD tables accordingly:
NoR <-> DoD

Demon Bane <-> Demonbane (デーモンベイン)
Saint Cross Slash <-> Saint's Cross Slash (聖刻十字斬)
Comet Assault Slash <-> Comet Assault Sword (強襲彗星剣)
Dimension Slash <-> Dimensional Slash (次元斬)
Emperor Slash <-> Overlord's Flash (覇王の一閃)
Iai Slash <-> Iai Strike (居合い斬り)
Shooting Star Sword <-> Wild Star Striking Sword (奔星乱打剣)
Flying Bird Charge <-> Asuka Charge (飛鳥衝)
Life or Death Charge <-> Variety Charge (活殺変化衝)
Law of the Evil <-> Row of the Evil (ロウ・オブ・ジ・エビル)
Mach Stab <-> Mach Pierce (マッハ突き)
Heartfelt Blow <-> Wholehearted Blow (満腔の一撃)
I am guessing there is some pun with Boring and Boaring (or Boar-Ring) in the crusher skills. I'll see if I can get done the Weapon Skill table for NoR.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:30:32 PM by Cjd2524 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The option to change the sound is on the main menu, at the bottom.
Oh thanks! Hmm... turning down that noise turns down all the other sound effects, I assume, but I just won't lower it -too- much...

What does this option do at the bottom?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
@Cjd2524: I'm going to keep those skill names from NoR and bring them back over to DoD. Some of them are slightly more interpreted than when I translated them for DoD, but I prefer the NoR translations even if they aren't necessarily as accurate.

@Serela: The bottom option is combat animations (same kind of thing as in DoD, in that it replaces animations with a simplified version based on element rather than just removing animations overall like in GoS).

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Double post for another patch!

Version 0.01a

game.tarc
img2.tarc

EDIT: And I realize I forgot to fix the SLS thing on the item screen and a mistake in one of Utsuho's passives. And I wrote down what to fix in my LP notes too, so I have no excuse.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:32:37 PM by Validon98 »