Author Topic: E3 2016 Salt/Hype Discussion Thread  (Read 13184 times)

yomichiyu

• party up in here
Re: E3 2016 Salt/Hype Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 09:58:22 PM »
As someone who only owns Nintendo products (because lack of money), I can't wait to see what Nintendo brings along with Zelda. I'm always excited on what Nintendo brings every year, even if most people don't like it (i.e. last year).

But I'll also watch other streams such as SquareEnix since my friends are super excited for it (especially on news like Final Fantasy).

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 11:08:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to Nintendo as well. Sony's also a good one for me, they usually do a good job of showcasing ALL OF THE GAMES. I'm also curious about Bethesda, weren't they working on another Elder Scrolls game?

yomichiyu

• party up in here
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:34:40 PM »
I did hear rumors about it but I dunno if it's true. I wouldn't be surprised though. Skyrim did really great and it's been 5 years since it first came out.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:53:00 AM »
Speaking of which...Bethesda wins the award for best Pre-Pre-Show. XD I missed some of it, but seeing the fans and devs goof around is good stuff.

Drake

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 04:21:26 AM »
please show a clip of color splash that isn't total assgarbage

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 06:03:23 PM »
Welp, here comes Microsoft's "Me Too" to Sony's Neo;  Project Scorpio.  *sigh*

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »
please show a clip of color splash that isn't total assgarbage
Wtb real Paper Mario sequel.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »
I watched EA's and Bethesda's stuff...The only thing that EA got me interested in slightly was Titanfall 2, it actually has a singleplayer campaign now. Let's hope it's not trash. Bethesda's was pretty good, I got hype for Dishonored 2 because of Emily Corvo and the fact that if you preorder Dis2 you get the GoTY edition of the original Dishonored for free ahhhhhh

No Elder Scrolls VI announcement tho. That makes me sad. :( I need to look into this Valenwood thing and see if it's still legit. On the other side, if you own the Legendary version of Skyrim or Skyrim and all its DLC on steam, you get the "Special" version of Skyrim for free. :D Also that pre-pre-show for Bethesda was hilarious, I think it's my favorite moment in this year's E3 so far. It was also nice seeing Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb again (skewed opinions be damned).

Looking forward to Sony tonight. Plz be gud ;u;

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
Kinda disappointed that there's no news of ES6 and that it's not about how they're going to take the best elements of 3 (mostly 3), 4, and 5 and blend them together. Did they announce anything else for Fallout 4 DLC? I'm interested to see where else stuff will take place. My friends and I live in the general Boston area and the first (major) DLC took place in Bar Harbor, ME.
As someone who only owns Nintendo products (because lack of money), I can't wait to see what Nintendo brings along with Zelda. I'm always excited on what Nintendo brings every year, even if most people don't like it (i.e. last year).
I have tried and failed several times to one-up my girlfriend when it comes to the new Zelda title so I can joyously break the news to her but she beats me to the punch every time.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 11:37:12 PM »

Spoiler:

Highlights:
Gwent > Hearthstone
Xbox Ones
South Park
not ssx
hackers
GIANT COP
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:46:55 PM by The Hating Hater »

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 01:23:46 AM »
BACK TO BACK TRAILERS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :V

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »
RESIDENT EVIL IS BACK

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 02:06:36 AM »
Wuuuuuut ? :D

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 02:08:34 AM »
Wait so Insomniac is working on a Spider-man game? Interesting...

Also what is with that Death Stranded game I don't even know what to expect

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 02:13:59 AM »
RIP E3 Sony wins again

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 02:24:44 AM »
Kojima is the Fourth Impact.

Holy shit Sony won. This was hands down the best E3 by Sony.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:02 AM »
Kojima is the Fourth Impact.

Holy shit Sony won. This was hands down the best E3 by Sony.
So far, yeah. Crash coming back is great, so is seeing Skylanders, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and the indie(?) titles they showed in their preshow. Now we have to pray that they won't suck...

...Speaking of not sucking, I hope Nintendo doesn't flub up this E3, it's been a while since they were there in person. I look forward to the new Zelda, but I'd like to see what other games they have on hand. ninty plz show mother 3 you dropped enough hints already

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 07:20:03 AM »
Most of the fun stuff happened while I was away/asleep, so catching up with some of the stuff I missed.

New God of War was really interesting; and of course who can forget Kojima and Death Stranding stealing the show? And a Crash remaster? Holy shit my childhood!

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 07:23:26 AM »
Somewhat late, but... Serious Sam? In VR? With dual wielding? BETRAYAL!

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »
Oh crap, dis was a thing.

No wonder Bethesda didn't do any new Elder Scrolls. We have a new one already.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:08:26 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »
I'm usually a big fan of Pokemon but damn that segment was boring. Definitely felt padded out. Really bad considering it came off the heels of a gorgeous Zelda trailer. Hope they pick up the slack for the rest of the presentation.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 05:19:54 PM »
I'm usually a big fan of Pokemon but damn that segment was boring. Definitely felt padded out. Really bad considering it came off the heels of a gorgeous Zelda trailer. Hope they pick up the slack for the rest of the presentation.
Zelda is amazing-looking, not gonna lie.

yomichiyu

• party up in here
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »
After watching the trailer and currently watching the Treehouse live. I am so excited for the new Zelda game. The environment looks amazing and with all these new features (cooking, multiple weapons, climbing, etc), it's gonna be tough to wait till March 2017.
I'd also love to see what connection the Sheikah has with this game, considering how many references there are (the book Link holds, the shirts Treehouse live representatives are wearing, etc)

I also laughed at shirtless Link. I know a friend who loves Link and going shirtless would be the cherry on top for her.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »
I had to go to work, so I only was able to watch the Zelda trailer and the Pokemon Sun/Moon demo. However, what I did see was interesting, I like some of the changes they made to the Pokemon UI (Etrian Odyssey-style stat screens and a Pokeball item shortcut? YES PLZ), and the introduction of some new Com-Mons (Pikipek and Yuugoos). Zelda...It's hard to say, I feel like I missed the meat of the Zelda part of the conference, after I left I heard that they just kept playing Zelda for hours...

And hours...

And hours...

AND HOURS ON END they might as well just post a let's play of the entire game on their channel. :V I'd still play it, I enjoyed the non-linearity of Link Between Worlds, and I'm expecting Breath of the Wild to be in a similar vein.

...On that note, has anyone noticed the sheer saturation of all the Open World games? Watch Dogs 2, Norse God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Days Gone, Dishonored 2 and the updated version of Skyrim (which I remind you all is free on Steam if you already have the Legendary Edition or all three DLC packs), I think we've found a new "hot" genre" for this generation if we haven't already. That being said, Open World games are nice and all, but I'd rather have a more...Cozy experience, I guess you could call it? Not to say I can't enjoy open world games, I just find them a bit overwhelming when I'm offered so much to do, but all I really wanna do is just get to the next quest or destination. Am I wrong for thinking like this?

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »
I definitely do not like open world games as I feel it makes the entire experience shallow.  I get annoyed walking forever between a 5-minutes-of-content set piece to we-need-a-generic-dungeon-here set piece.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:14 AM »
I definitely do not like open world games as I feel it makes the entire experience shallow.
I'm very, very picky about my open world experiences.  I don't enjoy 90% of them... but at the same time, Wind Waker was my favourite Zelda experience and it was open world.  Xenoblade X's world is one of my favourite worlds in gaming.  So I remain cautiously optimistic with this case.

I'm hoping the next day or two from Nintendo bring with them more than just the new Zelda game though.  As interested as I am in this, I'm also interested to see what else comes along, and this was only 'day one', so maybe?  It just feels weird not having an actual conference or direct from them.

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 04:55:32 AM »
Its the end times guys. Touhou was shown at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA_3dYMUU9c