Author Topic: It's The Most Zerkerful Time Of The Year! Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2016!  (Read 42421 times)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
Nope

That's #BlameEverhate

Have fun doing Quadzerker if you use that

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
Yeaaaaaahhhh... I'll pass

What I learned this year is DO NOT Chaos Berserker Risk.

Also BM + Berserker + Rune Axe has OP damage

Also someone got Mime on Pure Chaos and RK confirmed it Not A Bug?!?!?!?!  :o

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry

"Wahahahahaha!"
-Wario

Axel Ryman

• Fear me

It's not, I'm glad. I'm curious if Freelancer's in the rotation now.

It's not, I'm glad. I'm curious if Freelancer's in the rotation now.

Same, on both counts. If I get around to finishing my current run (real good party but I tend to run out of steam hard past my first run each year, been busy too) I'm totally regging Pure Chaos.

EDIT: Thing I forgot to mention earlier, speaking of Freelancers, someone in the SA channel had the brilliant idea of job fairing your Earth crystal in an Upgrade run to Freelancer or Mime. This seems kinda tasty.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
EDIT: Oh whoops I can read. Nevermind.

People are getting mimes and freelancers in #REGPURECHAOS though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:21:13 PM by Reddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
I was gonna be fancy and post images of my run, but I forgot to actually take pictures. :V So I'll just post the hardships of my run so far:

-Fighting Siren was kinda tedious; I was stuck tossing potions at her during the undead portion of the fight.
-For once, I didn't end the Garula fight with someone at critical health!
-tfw you realize Time Mages don't get an actual offensive spell until the second world...Good thing Flails exist and knife damage with Time Magi isn't complete arse. wild nakks also have less than 100 HP so killing them isn't too hard
- ...The above also helped a bit because I had to bludgeon the hand!Liquid Flame since it was immune to all elements. :T
-My previous Castle Karnak run was stressful. This was not. I even got to skip Iron Claw! :D
-Sandworm had to be out-damaged by rod spam, because Quicksand sucks.
-It turns out that Flamethrowers are NOT weak to thunder. Whodathunk?
-Archie had to be plinked to death in his final phase. Thank goodness for Haste!

With the warp to World 2 open, it's time to ask...Is there anything I should stock up on or pick up from World 1 before jumping to the next world? I got all the important stuff from Castle Karnak and Ronkan Ruins, but I'd like to be sure.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Since you have mages, probably should get some discount-priced Ethers from Lix, because after that... they're 1500 apiece. Also, more elemental rods; there's only Poison Rods in World 2...

Edit: My third run of this year's fiesta is here, and it's an interesting one! Welcome to Pure Chaos Upgrade.

Sadly, that still screenshot doesn't do the Pure Chaos icon cycling through jobs like Lord English's eyes cycle through billiard balls any justice. But, yes! Was completely with a team of Freelancers until I got the Black Chocobo... now have a team of Rangers running around.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:10:05 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
First Pure Chaos run I did gave me Freelancer/Ninja/Samurai/Ranger

Happy 3 Job Fiesta :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
You say "3 job fiesta", but freelancer when you're actually allowed to switch jobs around is pretty god tier after you master a class. He turns into a ninja with omni-equip dual wield, x-fight, -and- another ability.

Of course, if you had less thrilling jobs it'd be less exciting, but for that turnout, daaaaamn. On "Natural" category though... ouch. Natural Mime would also be hilarious because, oops, uh, time to get used to only knowing how to !Mimic...! (Well, actually, they'd have !Fight and !Item unlocked by default come to think of it. But they've got a limited weapon selection and ouch stats, so you'd still be trying to mimic what you could.)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
You say "3 job fiesta", but freelancer when you're actually allowed to switch jobs around is pretty god tier after you master a class. He turns into a ninja with omni-equip dual wield, x-fight, -and- another ability.

I was on Upgrade, so yeah.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I am so tired and fighting Omega ;_;

jester147

Gilgabot says the truth

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Except for my party last year which featured a knight and 3 others with no way to negate the flee chance. I was dishing out 5k damage every few seconds with a single character and ate up nearly every last random encounter until I beat up Shinryu.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

jester147

Just finished my classic run.
Team: Thief Monk Black Mage White Mage
Monk is useless, pitiful damage, but can still give items to those in need.
The rest of the team are straight up damage dealers with Mugging Chicken (lowest damage by ~2000), Boosted Firaga (~3000) and Boosted Holy (~4000!)

Blink cheeses Shinryu like John Cena

Haste, Protect, and Shell is essential, and Shell completely neuters Almagest. Downside is that I need to recast Protect and Shell for downed members.
Neo can only Grand Cross once before I nuked it to oblivion, and no fatal status is given. Victory is mine!

Bye Omega, I'm never touching you.

Don't blame you there. Omega in Classic runs is a horrible experience. That team can do it, but it is not worth the effort.

Finally started up my second run. I'm about to go get the ship, but I want to go kill some minidragons, a Prototype, and some Corbettes first before I get my bards, not sure how many rods I'll need to break for those. Jackanapes can wait until I have my other jobs. Or maybe I could farm some death sickles then use those as freelancer to kill it. You don't lose the ship until you enter the town after all, so I still wouldn't have Bard yet. technicalities :)

I am playing this run on the Steam release, and I want their bestiary data so that I can achievement hunt after beating the fiesta on it.

Edit: Quadbard start is horrible. I'm having to grind for levels for HP/damage, money for items and possibly equips, and Elixirs. Was able to beat Sandworm at around 20 because of it being in the front row while in the front hole on this version, but it still cost me over 10 Elixirs.  And of course, unlike quadzerk, I don't do decent damage, so the grind takes even longer.

I may be stuck here for a while. I'm thinking Karnak is currently the best spot since I don't have enough damage to 1 shot Black Flames. Wolves give some okay money and the Zuu(which sadly can't appear in the same area with the wolves can give Elixir. Not only that, turtle shell drops for when I get Chemist.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:44:39 AM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry

Our long national nightmare is over. Thank you Axel Ryman and Jester147. You guys made this happen at all.

jester147

Our long national nightmare is over. Thank you Axel Ryman and Jester147. You guys made this happen at all.

That's dedication! I already stopped caring.

Here's to our Omega Oppressor, Purvis! (fanfare)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I was 100% obligated; I took down the prior tweet after yalls told me the win wasn't valid, but they had already counted it. So I had to make it happen. Also because yalls told me so much, it'd be mean to waste it all.

EDIT:

I'm mad, Bartz got gibbed by a last second Vacuum Wave/Almagest combo.

Also weirdly enough, the berserk phase started before he was down to one piece. Didn't think that could happen.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:35:40 PM by Purji Costavis »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
EX-DEATH? MORE LIKE EX-DEAD! Here's what happened...Or...At least what I remember.

-The three Asteroid bosses weren't hard, save for Adamantoise. It ALMOST wiped me at the end when it dies, but Geo!Lenna had just enough HP to survive. Yay!
- ...I think the reason I don't remember that much about World 2 is because it was mostly a cakewalk. The Hiryuu Plant wasn't that hard, Atomos still refused to fall asleep (that or I did something wrong), and I ground for Four Reflect Rings that I used a grand total of once later on (on Catastrophe). Dem crystals, though...Graviga then copious castings of Comet flattened each crystal one by one, but I was worried when I either missed an attack or attacked the wrong target. I didn't have to worry about the Earth crystal however, because float. :V
- ExDeath was an Ex-Dick. I didn't think to stock up on Phoenix Downs, but I had enough to withstand ExDeath's instakill spells. Easily the longest, most grueling battle of the run.

- Melusine fell victim to Tempting Tango and took tons of Comets to the back.
- I decided to grind for a bit on statues, was able to buy a grand total of seven Elixirs. I did the rest of my grinding on Phoenix Tower and maxed out everyone's jobs.
- Wendigo was a bit of a butt, but he and Fork Tower fell to Chicken Knife-powered Sword Dances (seriously those should be illegal) and Silence Spellblade. :D Omniscient? More like Omnisilent!
- Odin took care of the Trench Triplets, easy peasy. I got the Air Knife from the Waterfall and made use of it during the final fight (for whatever it was worth)

- Calotisteri died in a horrible space rock avalanche.
- Apanda is very inaccurate with his magic.
- Azulmagia took a while, but thankfully he didn't use ??? or White Wind.
- Halicarnassus existed long enough to toad everyone except Dancer!Faris, then got ripped apart when he pulled her to the front row and took a max-damage Sword Dance to the face.
- Twintania sucks and I'm glad she(?) has such a glaring weakness to everything in Gigaflare form.
- Necrophobe also sucks, I have barely any elemental protection during the first phase of the fight, but I had plenty of Phoenix Downs!
- NED took a bit of effort. I was trying to avoid instakilling magic part, but that proved to be a bad idea. I probably should have gone with Elven Mantles instead of Protect Rings, that might of saved me a few KOs.

All in all... ExDeath was just another tweet on the wall. I enjoyed this run immensely, and I hope next year will be just as fun!