Author Topic: Warcraft: Not the Games  (Read 2044 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Warcraft: Not the Games
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:31:17 AM »
[First post errored, but posted the topic...lol]
First of all, I want to say, this is all based from my perspective, I'm not a huge Blizzard fan, but I know their series of games. I have friends that have played a lot of Blizzard games, and we know their games well, especially the big three, Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo, but only one of them is who I can call an actual fan of Blizzard. Unlike him, who had a big brother to pass him down his Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft games(collector's even), actually knows a lot of the lore, I never had interest in the franchises until I played Diablo 2, who was introduced to me by my uncle. I have only played Warcrafts 2 and 3 in the series, and HAVE NEVER PLAYED WoW(neither did my friend though), so my lore about the series is somewhat lacking(plus I never really understood a lot, since MOST OF THE LORE weren't even in the games, and I just read most online). I can say this though, I don't usually get critics to dictate a movie for me(especially Rotten Tomatoes), but the movie was pretty good for my taste.

I won't say much, but the animation of the orcs was probably the best thing about it though, it reminded me of a lot of how Blizzard has been known for their legendary cutscene animations. There were a few stuff I can complain, probably not-so-grim-and-dark-enough battles, and clunky attacks as well, a few unsatisfying character depictions, although overshadowed by how they did a few of the very famous characters like Gul'dan, but overall it was pretty great. If there's one thing I noticed is that how the reviewers criticize how the movie threw terms, and stuff that the general viewers can't understand. And I get what they're talking about, because sometimes, while watching, if there's something mentioned in the movie you need to understand, I'd ask myself "does the people behind me even know what they're talking?". It's not often though, but that's probably me since I do know some of the series' lore.

The movie's still an adaptation, and if you know the few character's lore/background, once the movie ends, you'd realize that, yes, it's an adaptation, and does not actually follow the original Warcraft games' storyline. While this movie is based off Warcraft 1, it followed some stories that didn't appear in the games themselves, but rather stories that explained in detail what was happening in those games, but not all of them, some were movie original.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:38:11 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Re: Warcraft: Not the Games
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »
Well met!

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.