Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 101708 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Re: Overwatch Thread: The Cavalry's Here - Now Live/Rolling Out!
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
Am I the only one that finds that High Plat games (2750-3000) are usually just a stomp for either side? Been soloq'ing and finding that whoever communicates better usually just straight-up wins.

The climb to diamond is treacherous, I was really close last week but I'm slowly pushing up my average so hopefully will get there soon~

Anyone here 3000+?

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2016, 12:27:48 AM »
I'm obviously not a Diamond+ player (I just recently got back to above 50% winrate in quick play, though that may be gone now after queueing with a friend new to FPS's). However, from what I've seen in VODs and streams such as Seagull's is that stomps happen even at Master+, where voice-com and talent is at it's highest. It's likely the nature of solo-queue as much as anything. I could be wrong though.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:06 AM »
Sitting at 2600~ stomps do happen but not often enough for me to care.
Also my voice chat is bugged and can never use it even after a couple reinstalls. Though that may be a blessing since I'm a piece of shit that locks in mei almost every game and never switches.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #273 on: September 26, 2016, 02:33:36 AM »
As long as you're a good Mei, not switching only matters if you're stubbornly staying on despite getting nuked from orbit with one of her firm/hard counters.

Just had a comp match on Dorado where four of my opponents fled the game after we drove in the payload (one of them relatively early). There was no backfills, so their Attack phase was literally just 6v2, aka impossible to even really leave the spawn. FeelsBadMan. We did not deserve that many rank points.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2016, 04:13:44 AM »
Sitting at 2850 right now and its just a nightmare. I pretty much just only play Reinhardt and the occasional healer, so honestly a lot of the game is dependent on how well my team can do. It's just so hard when your team can't position for the life of them and you can't exactly carry the same way as a dps because you killing people is entirely dependent on how you position and your healers. Its even more frustrating when you kill 5 people on the enemy team one by one as Rein and you turn around and your entire team has just gotten nothing done. Its just such a grind, i'm slowly pushing up my average but I can only lose so many games before it makes me angry.

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2016, 06:52:43 AM »
https://overwatchtracker.com/insights/skillrating

Looking at this graph I can't help but feel that, rather than the game being to harsh (which is what I hear a lot of people say on various sites) the game is actually too conservative. If the game was too harsh then you'd see the median shift more towards Bronze-Silver (ala League) but instead it is right in the middle (2500) to a staggering degree. Depending on how accurate the graph is it's possible that Blizzard needs to find a way to loosen the reins on their system, likely making each win/loss worth much more points. It will (hypothetically) drive a lot more people into Bronze but at the same time should (hypothetically) do the same for Master+. What do you guys think?

Also there are few things sweeter than sleeping a cheeky Bastion twice within seconds as Ana to secure your teams 2/1 Nepal victory.

1CC List (all shmups)

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2016, 05:06:20 AM »
Couldn't tell if my continued rise in my Quick Play win rate was more due to MMR hilarity or skill so I decided to finish my Season 2 placements.

1885 Silver. Bottom 5% of NA.

Yep it was MMR.

1CC List (all shmups)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2016, 06:05:24 AM »
Well. This new weekly brawl is a thing. Random only. If nothing else, at least I'm getting some experience using the snipers.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
Hi everyone... back from, well, nowhere really. But I caved... and got hold of Overwatch as well. Feel free to add me via...

Kanjou#21588

I'm... not really that good; but I'd love to play with you all, and hopefully get back into both gaming and posting stuff over here <3

NaCl

• Salty bitch
  • I'm very salty. Sometimes.
« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »
New guy here! I haven't played Overwatch in a while (over one month) but anyways:

Feel free to add me anyways! I'm quite confident in my abilities with most heroes.  Battletag: NaCl#21827

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:04 PM »
I updated the opening post with Battle.net tags and a new video. If you are like me and suck at aiming it's worth checking out.

1CC List (all shmups)

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2016, 01:24:11 AM »
I updated the opening post with Battle.net tags and a new video. If you are like me and suck at aiming it's worth checking out.

don't worry  I am suck at aiming too (but still main McCree lol..)

by the way here's my battle.net tag

YakumoRan#11902

feel free to add me !

Two sides of the coin

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2016, 03:14:54 AM »
Got myself the game as well not too long ago, after months of situational reluctance. Of course, I'm savouring it as expected from a TF2 main - hey, 6s can actually be fun here! :V

Battle Tags, eh? DX7EPiano1#1331 should do it there.

Anywho, the current brawl mode (hero randomisation) gives me lovely reminders of TF2's own Randomiser gamemode, except replace rocket-jumping Scouts and medigun Heavies with very bizarre team compositions that may or may not always work, but that makes it even more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:13:46 AM by DX7_EP »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »
As a by the by, it might be a good idea to say which servers we all play on, because... battle.net like to not show off people you're friends with if they are on different servers. At least, that's how it looks on my end :/

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2016, 02:32:39 AM »
mostly I played on NA servers

Two sides of the coin

Tea Devil

• wowee!! ♥
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2016, 03:51:21 AM »
I'm itching for people to play with and my friends have gotten re-addicted to WoW, so anyone who plays on US servers can add TeaDevil#1896 and be amazed as I die horribly a lot. I don't play competitive, though.

NaCl

• Salty bitch
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2016, 07:03:33 AM »
Wait... Are there any EU players here?   :wat:

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2016, 10:26:33 AM »
*waves at NaCl*

I wouldn't mind trying the US server at some point to see how the connection fares (and to at least play with friends who are over there) but yeah, EU server here :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #288 on: October 10, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »
Not playable. Ping 120+ on NA and 200+ on Asia. For FPS games you don't want anything above 60 or so.

Edit:

Overwatch 2spooky4me. Halloween update is out. New skins, victory poses and Holly Wood has been changed into spooky stuff.

Edit2:

There is also awesome story mode to play with 4 people. Well, sort of a survival game. But that is all I say :V
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:04:48 PM by Helepolis »

Tea Devil

• wowee!! ♥
« Reply #289 on: October 11, 2016, 07:28:19 PM »

My life is over. Tell my friends that I love them.

« Reply #290 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »
My BattleTag is [attach=1] , on the US server. Been playing this with some friends from high school and university for a while now, and I'd appreciate it if I can gather some people from here to play with every now and then.

(image because I don't want scrapers and crawlers picking up my tag)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:52:50 PM by aUsernameIsFineToo »

NaCl

• Salty bitch
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »
HYPE'S UP BOYS & GIRLS  :]

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2016, 08:43:06 AM »
So apparently fail conditions are if everyone is dead at once, or the doors are breached.

This was a thing. Really fun.

If you play Ana, Biotic Grenades are the absolute best way to get ult charge - fire it into a crowd of Zomnics, bang zoom get ult. Definitely have one stocked up by the final battle if you see McCree also with an ult, because Nano Deadeye is enough to wreck every single Zomnic on the field, plus the Witch, probably the Reaper, and probably Dr. Junkenstein himself. Run over quick to suppress Junkenstein's Monster, though, or he'll heal, and wreck anyone stupid enough to be too close to the door.

S:76 needs to be plopping down Biotic Fields whenever he's nearby wounded allies, even if he's not hurt himself. He and Ana are the only sources of healing, so lessening the load on the Alchemist is always a good thing, especially if she fires a Biotic Grenade at the team.

Hanzo needs to be firing Scatter Arrows so that they hit behind the crates at the center, in the hallway on the right, or in front of Shock-Tires. Zombadiers are relatively common behind them, and they'll wreck face if you leave them alone. If you want to Dragonstrike Junkenstein's Monster, back the hell off and wait for the Gunslinger or the Alchemist to stun him before shooting his face. If you're too close, you aren't going to even touch him.

Try to stay mobile, a bit away from the door, and group up only if you have a Biotic Field running. The Reaper and Junkenstein's Monster both heavily punish grouping, and Zombadiers can easily snipe you if you stand still too long. Also, if you're injured and relying on the Alchemist to heal, stand the f still so that she can shoot you and/or grenade you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:08:52 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #293 on: October 13, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »
That sounds way too complicated. Charging ults isn't an issue tbh. No need for specific actions. Just shoot and keep shooting.

Take as Mcree the left stairs and stay up there. You'll draw no agro from the bosses. Now and then from the grenade launching Zomnics.

For almost every boss, Hanzo starts firing his ult. Ana tosses HP down potion on boss and ults Mcree. Mcree ults bosses.

You don't even need to focus Dr. Junkenstein. Let Ana sleep him and focus on taking out the ranged Zomnics. They are the ones usually killing you anyway.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2016, 05:33:32 AM »
Grabbing ult charge with Ana is a bit of an issue, mostly because she can't headshot, and your team should really not be tanking enough damage in the first place outside of Elites to really require constant Ana attention. Hence grenading batches of enemies.

But yeah, I'm being overcomplicated.

Move eternally forward,

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2016, 06:18:53 AM »
This is why Mcree and Hanzo take the higher grounds. To improve ease of headshot and draw less agro. Ana and Soldier soak up the damage.

Sadly enough, Ana and Mcree have the hardest job in the game. If one of them messes up, shit gets tough fast.

Ana has huge role to ensure she sleeps Reaper and such, ults mcree proper and use the grenade on Hog to deny his self-heal. She doesn't need to headshot enemies because her focus is on assisting clearing ranged Zomnics. I think they require 3 shots by Ana alone.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:20:54 AM by Helepolis »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2016, 07:31:57 AM »
People need to use their Dragonstrikes and Deadeyes more often, mostly on the Zombadiers (and on Shock-Tires for Deadeye). These two should get ult charge right quick if they're headshotting like a good sniper does, and holding onto the charge until elites spawn can be counter-productive if enemies are bombing you. Soldier: 76 appears to be weaker using his ult unless he's going for Shock-Tires, since he doesn't headshot. And we know Ana charges slowly.

Move eternally forward,

NaCl

• Salty bitch
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2016, 10:06:33 PM »
The fact that Halloween skins cost 3x the price of normal ones, and they are available for a limited time only triggers me so hard.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2016, 02:11:59 AM »
I can't make it past hogman on hard mode. What about you guys?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2016, 03:07:16 AM »
The fact that Halloween skins cost 3x the price of normal ones, and they are available for a limited time only triggers me so hard.

I feel like Bliz troll us because in past event (Olympic Event) there are so many people complain about why olympic skin  cannot purchase by in-game gold

Two sides of the coin